Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily groans softly. "Man, you are not letting this go, are you?" She begins sliding the veggies nto the pan. "Look, um.... I've never heard of Leylines being a thing. If they are they don't tie into Loci and stuff, so.... I never saw the point? I guess that's kinda the reaction a lot of us got." She leans on the counter and adds pasata to the pan.

She nods. "I know there's merit in legends, just... giving them too much to sift through makes it harder to get the right stuff."

The little Crescent stirs the mix in the pan and opens the tortillas, grabbing some cheese from the fridge, listening. "Um. Okay. That's pretty good. Yeah, that's more or less the gist."

Damned nerd.

"That's not going to distract you much, huh?"
    She starts grating cheese
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel wasn't one to give up on something. Hyper-Active Optimistic Enthusiasm- a great tool to Nathaniel, and the wildest headache for anyone that tried to tame it.

"Oh yeah. What little stuff I've been able to look at, it doesn't seem that they've got something inherently useful to Luna and her Children. But if Spirits can encompass just about anything- And I've seen some really strange examples- then what might happen if I try to summon a spirit of a Ley Line? Would anything happen? What if I woke up a spirit where two Ley Line's intersect? If a Spirit can draw power from a Ley Line, would that power be based on the belief of Ley Lines, or would there be something tangible they could use? And if THEY could use it..." Then by associating, the Uratha might. Even if it was just as a slightly more potent variant of essence.

She seemed to... Somewhat agree with his idea of myths legends. And he nodded at her point, that it could be difficult to separate the fact from the fiction. That was the whole point of the Occult Club, of his research- Supernatural Theory gave him places to work from, and provided a much safer means of association than going out hoping to find an Other.

Nathaniel smiled, a tad bit beaming with pride, at him nailing down the Creepy Crawlies. And bit his lip a bit, at her stating that it wouldn't distract him. "My mentor joked that I often spent more time in the Shadow than I did in the real world. This stuff just... Made sense to me. The rituals, the spirits, our history... I can unravel and understand those no problem. It's the same with the studies of this world- It just comes to me. And I'm learning more about that stuff every day. Even the work in the garage, and sparring with you- it's taxing, but I'm Uratha. Whatever mundane thing hurts, fades in minutes, hours. But the Other? It's foreign to me. I Have to... I have to REALLY try to grasp it." Realizing he kind of rambled there, the pup cleared his throat.

"It's like... It's fun for me. It's like a hobby? Um... Don't suppose you have any ideas? Also that smells delicious. How'd ya learn that? Mentor never gave me pointers on that stuff, and I can't really eat out all the time." Nathaniel had been eyeing the cooking process throughout. Without a suitable kitchen or the means to buy and make anything that wasn't instant and simple, the pup's culinary skills were lacking.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily rolls her head on to her shoulder and looks at the younger wolf, unconvinced. "Nathaniel.... do you really think that you're the first wolf in all the time that Let lines have been a thing to think of and look at this? Are you that desparate to come up with some new thing? So blindly chasing it that you can't see there isn't a perfectly logical reason we don't get let lines in Spirit 101 and that's that it. Doesn't. Work?" she says tiredly. "Spirits are of concepts and awaken due to devotion. A lay line, if they exist, doesn't have any kind of emotional connection. People might make one to a place, or a thing, and you get spirits of places or things. Or emotional and conceptual spirits awake at a place of congregation. But to us they just. Don't. Matter. You're chasing something that doesn't exist and risking exposure to find these things." If he couldn't see that now he was never going to.

Shaking her head Emily turns back to the food, shoulders slumping.

"Do you though?" She interjects about having to chase the others.

The Crescent looks back around wearily, and smiles ferally. "Do whatever you want, Nate. It's clear you're going to anyway. And I'll come along, wearing the shortest skirt and the lowest-cut top and throw myself at anything half interesting that walks through the door." She says it with an air of finality, almost daring him to pick up the topic again. She certainly looks serious.

Turning back to the pan the punk throws some cheese in the pan. "Everyone that lives alone picks up some cooking eventually. It just being Dad and me, I had to learn quick when he was off out with the guys." She flicks Nate a glance. "Hunting. Pack stuff. Before I knew he was a werewolf. Aaaaanywhoozle, he did teach me a bit of what the recipes meant and made the best eggs ever that I never figured out how to make." She begins plating up wraps and bowls of chilli.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel folds his arms, a bit petulant. "No, I don't think I'm the first one. But it's not like the Uratha make a habit of trucking with Others, and the strange stuff they get up to- if anyone's studied Ley Lines, I haven't heard about it. So even IF it doesn't work, I still find it worth studying. Learning about. And despite what YOU may think you know about spirits, some of them DO care about us. And they are WILLING to teach us!" Nathaniel's view was no doubt biased- INCREDIBLY biased. He believed himself correct- that a spirit could indeed care, in their own ways. Just because the Uratha couldn't relate, didn't mean it wasn't possible. "Just because we don't feel in the same way they do doesn't mean they are incapable. I KNOW. I've Fel-.... The young wolf catches himself, going pale for just a second. " Seen it. Happen. Studied it." The petulant wolf let his temper get the best of him there. He took a deep breath and tried to relax.

Their tempers were both flaring. Nathaniel tried to calm down. Tried to relax. Tried to ignore her jab "I just... I want to learn. About so many things. This world has so much, and I can't just- Dismiss all of that, can I?.." As experienced as he was in certain matters... His first change was when he was eighteen. And he wasn't even legally allowed to drink yet- and despite all the craziness thrust in his life, that realization kept taunting him as it might a 'normal' twenty-year old.

The pup had a lot of growing up to do. The somewhat apologetic hanging of his head accompanied the realization he'd done wrong in snapping as he had.

The food provided a good way to get out of the conversation at hand. And piqued a less lethal interest. "I um... I see. I don't cook much. Never had anyone to teach me, and haven't been able to learn much myself..." He looked to the side and sighed as his sis poured the food "You've given me this job, and you've helped teach me, and I'm sorry for... Acting out. Just a lot on my mind lately..."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A primal growl rumbles in Emily's throat. It takes a lot to tick her off, but Nathaniel was doing a good job of it this evening. "I'm not saying spirits don't care, ding-dong. I'm saying all this other magic doesn't matter. Leylines? You might as well want crystal healing and farie magic. It's not us. And that's it." Her tone is deathy quiet, but she stops and stares as a bought crosses her mind. "Oh my GOD... you've never been slapped around by a spirit, have you? You've got the frikking Care Bear view of them! That they're all friendly and eager to please!" she says incredulously.

The Crescent sighs, and runs her finger along the pan and licking sauce off it. "I'm not saying ignore it all, dude. I'm saying.... don't wave a huge fucking flag about it to everyone in the city?" She presses the plate into his hands and walks back to the living room. "See it my way. Six years ago every werewolf on this city vanished. Poof. Gone. Including my pack and the only family I had. I should be gone too. There are dangerous things that can take us out without a trace. So many disappeared, it was a huge cop case. Dozens of missing people in one day, seemingly unconnected? It screamed cult. And I... I was... your age? A bit younger?" Emily takes a huge bite of her burrito, letting silence fill the air. "So, yeah. I'm wary about these things, okay? With enough to kill us doing our ordinary duty I just want you to be safe the rest of the time." She stares at her plate.

The change of topic helps. "Making food is just following instructions," she shrugs. "I get most of my things online and add my own flair." She still sounds pretty monotone. "I get it. It's hard. I have literally been there, but you're not alone." Another huge bite, chewed and swallowed. "If your stressed, you should talk about it. Or drink. Or have sex. Something to take the edge off. That last one is best," Emily says indifferently, before focusing back on her food.

Om.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel simply looked down and focused on the food. Maybe she had a point- actually, likely she DID have a point. But it didn't matter, the pup would still try to learn about ley lines. Try to find a use for them.

He blushes crimson when she mentions being slapped around by a spirit, and the idea of a care bear view. "L..look it's just... I've found some spirits are more than capable of at least SOME degree of... ya know. 'Feeling,' as we think of it. Just because they-.... Ugh I do sound like a Care Bear don't I..."
    He'd had plenty of shallow experiences with spirits. But SOME were better than that. And if you ascribed to the idea that Mother Luna and Father Wolf, and Gaia herself, were beings spiritual in nature, then one had to wonder the extent of their capabilities. Was the line drawn at "Godlike" for being able to understand more?... "They have potential. I've seen it- and I know they can be dangerous and... Insensitive, uncaring. I've seen that too." He wasn't that hopeless.

He hadn't bothered to ask what the history of this place was. It seemed a sensitive topic. "I saw how bad it was in the Shadow- the place you suggested- I almost threw up. Is that connected? Or was that just because no one was around to stop... Whatever caused that?" He followed her and took a bite, eyes widening. "And thanks for worrying, sis. Guess I'm not quite used to that yet? This is delicious by the way- can you tell me how to make it?" He'd seen the cooking process of course, but this would make for good talk.

Gentle, Napkin-dabbing, composed Om Noms

At her suggestions for relieving stress, Nathaniel gives a genuine laugh- no nervousness behind it, covering his mouth while he finished eating "Haha... Um... Not sure if there are any... Not sure I can fulfill that third one, and I'm still not allowed to drink (not sure if I'd like it anyways...)- so... Talk?" The pup gestured in her direction- he'd said more than enough.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily takes another huge bite and grins. "Kinda," she says thickly. "Look, I know shpiritsh aren't all bad. Jusht...*GULP* keep your guard up."

Another huge bite, and the Ithaeur ponders slowly, chewing. She nods. "All Azlu. There's a reason I get really angry about them. There was someone around. I... did what I could. But I was one wolf. I couldn't stop them expanding, until they got here. Then... something in me snapped. They never crossed that line because every time they did I tore them to fucking shreds." She swallows and stares at her plate. "It's... why I leave the skulls there. It's a message."

Emily looks up, and smiles, with slightly teary eyes. "Yeah, well. Somebody has to." She jabs him forcefully on the arm, trying to cover up her obvious feelings. "And sure. Next time you cook and I'll teach."

A wide grin spreads across her lips. "Oh, I'm sure I could find someone to give you a good time! In fact, I know this girl Circe who... actually never mind. I should call her..." The Crescent drifts for a few seconds, sighing happily at some recollection. "Um, What? Oh! Right
    Talking. Soooooo..... What's eating you, man?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods- fair advice, and he'd take it to heart.

The Azlu were responsible. Of course they were. "We could use a scout... Actually we could use a lot of things. But our spirit friend is likely the closest thing given our size. Even if we had a scout, our numbers couldn't handle all the threats. Until then we're using spirits to supplicate our numbers... And until then, I'll help however I can to ah... Send message-.... Ah..." A genuine smile at the watery eyes- he took the punch, and returned it in kind.

"We've both been without that connection, that... Anchor. But we're here now- and we're going to stay here, fix it. We can be one another's anchors. No Azlu, no Pure, and no Human is going to say otherwise." The pup sounded... Sure of himself. He was determined to stay here.

He kept eating, letting her have some time before continuing the topic. A simple "I'd like that." At her offer to teach him.

Things were nice. The food was good. She kept on the topic of... Company.

"Circe? Sounds um... Nice?" Nathaniel scratches the back of his head. He could recognize beauty of course- but his feelings on the issue was quite affirmed at the last occult meeting. Funnily enough, he'd never actually asked her name- but the woman's open flirting was certainly a memorable image.

"Um... Yeah. No. No you uh... Probably couldn't, haha. Thanks for the offer though." Nathaniel was hardly one to be judgmental.

And now the big question. "I mean... The same things that'd be eating anyone who's living with the fact they've been thrust into a secret war and has to contend with some ancient threats along with normal life? Er.... I suppose. It's gotten better than it was." In the beginning he was a mess. Perhaps most people were- it made sense. "I've been looking at community colleges, talking to people. Not sure if I'll find the time, but the pay here is enough to get started. Not sure what I'd even study there, but it seems normal-ish to do?" He chuckled and stood, offering to take her plate.

"Anyways. I'm just trying to balance things and figure out what I'm supposed to be doing? I've settled down from the initial shock of it all I guess. So... What happens now. We keep fighting our enemies? Keep this place safe?" It sounded so simple.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's a nod. "Yep, what we lack in numbers we make up for in sheer stubbornness. Though If you think you can anchor all this..?" Emily gestures to herself, "You're gonna need all the luck in the world." She smiles. It was nice to know there was some fight in the little beanpole.

"Nice? Um... Hehehe... not at all, but in the best way..." the punk sniggers to herself. "Let me put it this way, she's always fun. She'd eat you alive, for sure."

Then back to the serious. Emily gives him an understanding smile. "Yeah, it can be a rough few months. I remember mine. Least I had the pack to help me through it." Another nod, and she scratches her side idly. "College, huh? Well, you're a smart cookie. Maybe itll keep you outta trouble, but dont assume you gotta. I didn't and turned out just fine."

Fine? A screwed up emotionally repressed greedy nymphomaniac with a drinking problem? Sure, You're a model of stabi-

"Say, you want a drink?" Emily asks suddenly, cutting off her train of thought. "I can make something you'll never know had alcohol in it. C'mon. You wouldn't let a lady drink alone, wouldja?"

If he buys that you're a lady, say you'll start paying him in shares....
    Fuck OFF...

As she rattles the bottles, Emily keeps talking. "Pretty much... I mean if we don't, who Will? Sounds easy, but we got a lot of things to face, clean up and kick in the Hisil round here. It's a long haul, alright."

Been at this one a while. Let's start wrapping up! Em and Brigit wanna take Nate to werewolf Fight Club.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The pup chuckled at her words. "Well, I figure you'll be too busy keeping me from doing anything stupid to get into anything yourself. That's ah... probably faulty." He washed the dishes as he listened to her speak, completely ignoring the comment on her Circe friend.

She seemed supportive. So college was still an option, even for this life? That was good. "When you put it into the perspective of an eternal war that stems from an event so cataclysmic it quite literally tore the world apart, anything beyond insanity is progress huh?" Another chuckle as the pup joined her back on the couch, at her offer to drink.

"Suppose it wouldn't be. Alright- I guess it'll be a nice way to see what you were talking about, with booze and all. Sure thing, sis." He was probably going to regret this, as he took... Whatever drink she made, shaking the contents lightly as if it would reveal some hidden secret in the contents.

"Here's to the long haul, then."

Oh dear. Haha, go for it! Had fun.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread