Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another busy morning at Makerith Motors. Two guys has called in sick, meaning Emily was in one of her favourite places - wearing navy coveralls so stained with oil they were almost black, elbow-deep in an engine, with a neon-pink bandana keeping her shock of blue hair our of her face.

"Mikey, you got that small socket wrench?" She yells from the engine. A big guy - not Matt's size, but still burly, gets up and passes the the tool to the small pale hand flailing out from under the hood. A few minutes later, covered in oil but grinning broadly, the chirpy face of the punky Crescent peeks around the hood at Nathaniel Dormur , then moves around the truck, grabbing a tyre and hefting it onto a pile.

"Come on Nate! Told ya this was going to help build up those pins into something!" Emily grins cheerily. "Warned you not to come in a suit and pull on some overalls..." she sniggers. "Look there, grab that exhaust and bring it over here. And don't drag it - you scrape it you bought it, got it?"

With that bouncy swagger she moves back around the front and sits on a roller, going under the car. "C'mon buddy! Ain't got all day!"

Starting with Typhuzuzu13 , but this is an open scene if anyone wants to come along!
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel had been employed before, sure. Managing paperwork and such. This?... This was hell.

Oh sure, at first it was fun- the young pup was even hopeful! In no time at all he'd definitely be strong enough to return the hard claps to the back people seemed so fond of giving him. That was the hope, at first.

Now here he was, surrounded by people that probably carried spare tires on their shoulders when they weren't sleeping or working, the least suspicious werewolf ever lugging around parts and trying his best to get over the fact that his clothes (polo and jeans) and hands were absolutely covered in things that most certainly weren't going to come out easily, if at all.

Sis was barking orders- that had been how it went. Not that Nathaniel had a problem with taking orders. Though he was still getting used to the hierarchy he'd volunteered for.

"Nathaniel, sis. And oof.." Such sounds of exertion followed whenever he'd lifted anything that wasn't a wrench. "I like the stable pay, but I'm seriously wondering if there's not an easier way to get strong----ER! Hah!" The pup knelt by Emily, legs buckling as he tried not to drop the parts, gasping as he held the... Thing. Wait.

"This is an exhaust right?...." Nathaniel had some experience with building and repairing stuff... Granted most of those things were computers and shamanistic carvings, but the skill carried over right? It was called the exhaust because that's where the... Stuff came out. The exhaust. Right?....

Yep, that's an exhaust
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-21 18:30:51 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 4 to This is an exhaust right? (Intelligence + Crafting) (10 Again) 10, 10, 8, 3, 5, 2 3 successes

Didn't know what to roll to have him identify a car part correctly. Figured intelligence + crafts would work?

3. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nate.... Um, Nathaniel was still getting used to this after a few weeks. It was clear the poor guy did not lift. But, practice made perfect.

Emily did have to admit, he'd done wonders for her filing system. Like, for one, there was now... a filing system. The older Crescent wasn't stupid, or particularly lazy.... She just hated paperwork.

"Jeez, first Matt and now you. Doesn't anyone believe in the power of nicknames any more?" She says, not for the first time. It was good-natured. Mostly. Kid needed to relax.

You should tell him that.

"Re-laaax. This is easy. It's not like I'm making you push cars around because they got no gas." There's the sound of Emily's voice, but Nathaniel can only see her legs sticking out under the car. "I mean.... there's probably an easier way. Sit and bench two hundred reps every day. But the perk about this is you don't know how much work you're getting done. And you can't stop when you feel like you can't be fucked with it. Gotta power on through, buddy!"

Emily was distinctly more aggressive and straight-talking when she was working. It was easy to see why - Trying to keep five men in line as a female boss, nearly all of whom had a good 5 to ten years on her, meant Nathaniel has been seeing a much tougher, more direct side. He also sees her collapse in a heap when all the others go. She loves working on cars, that much is clear, but running the garage comes with a lot of things she has to do and dislikes.

The Iron Master rolls out from under the truck, spots the part and gives him a tired smile. "Good guess Nate. Um. Nathaniel. Say, that's never bothered you before. Or do you just feel like you know me well enough to complain now?" It's a level tone, but she is grinning still. She passes out the old exhaust and waves to her "brother" to pass the new one down. ""I know it's tough but you're doing okay. Fifteen years and you'll be as good as I am!" She rolls back under. "I know this wasn't quite what you expected, but this is how I learned, so it's the only way I know. And I turned out okay. Right Mikey?" She calls to the older guy, who chuckles. "Yeah, not bad. Bobby's girl, alright. Though you cuss more'n he did. Ain't ladylike."
    "Fuck you, Mikey," Emily sniggers, and the older man laughs gruffly. "Chuck me a three-quarters wrenct Nate will ya?"

She'd not forgotten, but "Nathaniel" is a mouthful when you're holding an exhaust with one and and your head.

5. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was right of course- if he'd purchased one of those doorway bars or whatever he'd probably do a few and call it a day. Didn't make the fact that his arms were on the verge of committing murder-by-own-limbs-cide any easier, but it kept Nathaniel grounded. She joked, was a tough cookie, and by the end it clearly took a toll. There wasn't much Nathaniel could do here- though he thought of plans to put a spirit of relaxation into a pillow or something, as a gift.

"Before I was surrounded by strangers and getting my ass kicked, psychologically and physically." They were all nice of course- but the young pup alone in a new city among individuals that could likely tear him limb from limb, and one that had very effortlessly landed him on his ass, and he was... hesitant... To call it out at first. He'd grown a bit more confident about it.

"Nicknames have power? Teacher never told me that one." It was possible. He'd have to bring it up at the next Occult Club meeting. Her words of encouragement were well taken. The pup didn't lack in self esteem, but it definitely put his anxiety at ease. His nerves were shot enough being here, and the gruff voices constantly reminded the bone shadow of how... Literal he represented that title. If there was any muscle beneath his skin, it was probably lodged in his throat.

Wait what was it, a wrench? Those were easy. They had the numbers on them. 3/4 three fourths three/4.... AHA!
    "Here you go sis!" Still nervous, and the enthusiasm had faded- hands shook every now and then, he flinched at loud noises. But, you couldn't say the crescent lacked spirit.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily rolls out from under the engine, gives a meaningful side-eye to where Mikey is working on another truck. "Little less, will ya?" She mutters under her breath.

Raising her voice, she adds "Yeah, moving to a new place is tough. But we ain't so bad really." She slides back under the truck.

Nathaniel can almost here the eyeroll in the older Crescent's voice. "No, not really. I just think they're fun. You really do take thinks literal, don't you?" There's the sound of metal clinking on metal, and the pale hand wraps around the tool and slip out of sight. "Great, thanks." There's more sounds of wrenching and clinking.

Shortly there's a groaning and the old exhaust comes free. Emily rolls out and holds the used pipe up to Nathaniel, obviously expecting him to take it. When he does, she gives a thumbs up and rolls back under to attach the new one. "So where are you even living now, buddy?" She calls from below the truck.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh. Not literally. Nathaniel laughed nervously, and continued to help her however he could. Apparently he was being too.. Um.. Wolfy. Had to tone that down, right. Perhaps calling her sis around her workers would raise questions. Tone it down. be cool. Cooooool.

"You've all been helpful to me. Thanks for that." It wasn't the hazing his mentor had made it out to be. Which was a relief. Then she gave him the old pipe- oh dear was that... And it was on his hands. Bleeghhhhhh.... Nathaniel tried not to think about it, tried to focus on the noise of the garage, until the question snapped him back to attention.

Where he was living?
    "Umm found an apartment, nearby. Not really the best neighborhood, but I'm not expecting a shank when I walk into an alley so it works." He'd have to start talking to spirits nearby, establish some security... Maybe go looking for a partner. Emily had her little tool crawly. And in a city like this, it should be easy to find a more modern companion.

"Thanks again for the work. It's saved me having to jobhunt for weeks.... Where am I putting this?" The Shadow almost dreaded seeing his hands after the pipe was gone.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah, we're a fine buncha rubans," Emily chuckles. "And no worries. Family ties are weird, but they're what we got."

The young man's reaction gets a snigger. C'mon, Nate. We fight with tooth and claw and you're afraid of a little oil and dirt?

She nods. "Good. You met your neighbors? Good atmosphere in the building?" Hopefully he could read between the lines. "Y'know, I wouldn't know. Never had to. Dad's fault really. Oh, just put it over with the other scrap. If we're lucky we get paid both ends to do this."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nodded once more, though he was unsure if she saw it. "err right. Yes." At the snigger the young pup blushed- yeah, ok, so he was a bit of a neat freak. Not like he was raised in the woods or anything! He was used to desk work and oversanitized buildings, suits and polos. This was the exact opposite.

"umm the neighbors are nice. Haven't had a chance to see everyone yet- but I get a few good vibes from it, so I think I'll be fine. Hoping to take a few strolls." Hoping to explore the shadow more. "On it!" he found a pile, dodging the other workers, shuddering as he saw his hands, returning to his sister, struggling not to wipe them on his jeans.

"Alright, what's next!" Hopefully if he was acted enthusiastic enough he could distract himself from his aching muscles.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent, having practically grown up in this garage alongside engines and all the assorted fliuds that go alongside them, was the last person anyone could call a neat freak. Nathaniel's awkward look makes her actually giggle. It's adorable - in the kind of "My sister is taking the piss" kinda way.

Seeing the dirt on his hands she shakes her head. "I said you'd need a coverall dude. There should be one in your size in the closet - Well, it's one of mine, but it should probably fit you." He was taller, but she wore hers baggy. It was to hide her curves in this macho-bullshit environment, but Nate didn't need to know that. It wasn't his fault. Hell, she was pretty sure she was more macho than he was. But he was good with Spirits, and he was so enthusiastic he could give her pointers. He was a good guy.

In the closet there is 2 dirty coveralls in Electric blue - yes, they match the hair - and clean ones in a dark faded orange and bright pink. She must special order these things. There's also 2 in navy blue - one would swamp NAte and the other would be really baggy but possibly passable.

The eagerness for the next thing makes her smile. "Okay! Atta boy. Changing the tyres! Grab the socket wrench, take the cover off, and try undoing the bolts holding the wheel on. They're pretty obvious."

There was an electric tool for the job, but that kinda defeated the point of building up Nate's noodle arms. Plus Emily wasn't wholly sure he could handle the kickback on that thing.

12. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

His sister's giggles were becoming... Ok, LOOK. It's not like he knew he had a chance of becoming a werewolf! He would've probably been just as fine with a desk job, being a charming, commanding, and occasionally goofy assistant! But noooooo, he had to learn about all his family, and an entirely different species of entities, and had to stop the Pure because SOMEONE had to muck about with an alternate dimension! Like, he couldn't be the only one right?

Regardless, considering she could kick his ass, and he was in no position to challenge it yet, he settled for attempting a somewhat irritated look that became comical combined with his beet-red cheeks. Her asking him to grab overalls was a welcome reprieve.

"Right. Be right back!"

This was the locker, yes? Yes, open it and....Oh. OH that's dirty. So's that. That one's clean and orange and... Oh it's pink. He already stuck out enough as is in here. What about those?... Ok that one's big, and that one's... Bigger. He could take any of these right? Would he tick anyone off for wearing the big ones? It wasn't like they had nametags...

"ummm.. hrm...." He grabbed one of the dirty ones, went into a back room to fit it on, then not-so-subtly wiped his hands on them before coming in.

Tires. He could do that.... Right?

"Right!" This was simple enough Take the caps, that took a bit of wiggling. And now the... Socket wrenching. So you just attach it there..No, it fits.. THERE- and then push. no... Pull? He'd seen someone kick it. jump on it? No just... PULL!

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-23 07:59:49 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 3 to Socket to them!! (Strength + Stamina) (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 5 2 successes

HA! He got it. A small victory in his head, giving him the confidence to do the others with... er... minimal difficulty. Once done, he was breathing a bit too heavily. "Next?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread