Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shrugs, setting his glass back down, "My challenge with that comes from situations where reality seems to be perverted to either demonize, justify a perspective or call for action. No, my memory is not photographic. I am able to retain information more in the sense of an index if that makes sense?"

"That's fair," he muttered regarding the note on rapport. "I mentioned before that lies are cumulatively expensive." He pauses for a moment before continuing, "So is enabling the perception that I think that the Prince is some kind of shield from this storm. She is not, so let's see if we can find some resolution before your pack decides to... put matters into their own hands."

Might as well start with the easy one, "I enjoy our rapport Garrett, especially in these private settings. I'd hate for anything to come in the way of future collaborations and you haven't really struck me as the type to bullshit about being offended. I'd like to offer you a minor to represent my position that I had not intended any offense or disrespect to you or your position that night. Regarding specifically Mister Meadows, I told him I did not want his opinion on the matter. The fact that he continued to provide his opinion on matters that did not concern him despite my decline would be on him and this arrangement would allow you to pursue that offense exclusively." He lifts his glass to his lips, thinking of the next step.

"As for Mister Madcap, neither of us have very good rapport with each other. He has declared the matter I disagreed with resolved, but as I stated I was willing to pursue a resolution of our working relationship as a separate matter. It sounds like this may be his way of suggesting that his attention is still quite locked on my fate, so I'll offer a minor boon to him as I had intended to before to help resolve this. This leaves him free to speak his mind about me to the public, as I'm not a fan of buying flowery words as I told him myself. This is not out of a lack of respect or desire for his support, but rather a clear sense of knowing when and if I truly have it. The only thing I would suggest he address is his declaration that I was an honorless weasel and a gnat. This is not out of any sense of personal pride on the matter as if I were only Whip I would have ignored it and called it a day, but because I am Her Majesty's voice it becomes an issue of decorum in the Elysium and can be seen as a public insult to Her Majesty directly. I would hate for any progress made tonight to be set back by consequences for his words being viewed as retaliatory on my part." He shrugged, "But as I said, just a suggestion. The boon is not contingent on him agreeing to that, I'm just trying to think ahead to the next issue."

His hand tilting over, "As for Mable, I was doing my job as prescribed by Her Majesty as Herald to her Keeper. This matter strongly hinges on whether or not I represented the Prince's will appropriately. Once this is determined, I will resolve anything outstanding directly with her."

His eyes rest on Garrett's, "Do you feel this appropriately encourages as stay of your pack's hand, Priscus?"

Blood Hunt:

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The tension in the back of his neck loosens a bit as invisible claws unhook the flesh. "I appreciate the gesture, Jack. Honestly, a Trivial in this situation is fine?" he taps the glass, watching the ripple from the action.

"The offer and respect that comes is noted as much, off the record I mostly just need some kind of concrete evidence that I am not being a little bitch about it. What I would ask is with such a downgrade, in good faith you offer a Trivial to Mable Wood for the same evidence that she is also not being a little bitch about it. I came into this discussion knowing she is quite willing to take action in the custom of our Clan. If Madcap barks about the Minor being too low, he will know my own displeasure in extortion of Invictus traditions, and I will request the Harpy reflect his poor respect for decorum in public status with the Domain.

Your behaviour does not warrant a Major payment, and if he wishes for a second Minor, he can petition your Priscus...in which the bureaucracy will frankly bore him. As far as I am concerned, we have a Trivial increasing with a rage that was left to simmer, and the situation in June was a result of ignorance between temperaments. I do not recommend you follow up on that spat, or you will very much be dealing with a Dragon who will likely choose to let the Beast on a longer leash. You have stated to me you are willing to pursue a working relationship, and I am letting you know as his Priscus, that I think you are best left in separate departments."
    His eyes pin as he focuses on the Lord.

"If the Prince has an issue with Madcap insulting her Herald, she can also recommend the Harpy annihilate his status as a reflection of his poor behaviour for the other Kindred to take note of. Or she can talk to me about it, though this is a Domain issue concerning an officer and not an inter-Clan dispute as you explained? He knows exactly what he is doing; he just does not respect the system in place. Academic to academic: anger and intelligence do not cancel each other out. I can argue with a Brujah, but he would need a physical example for him to tow a rhetoric he can pick apart with logical application,"
    Garrett addressed, blinking away the tension in his gaze. "That is not my style of leadership." It didn't need to be said the Priscus picked the Whip, knowing full well what Madcap was and does. The survivor of a Fascist regime enjoyed having the former Allied soldier be a voice of rebellion calling attention to political corruption.

3. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiles at the counteroffer, "That's quite agreeable overall. Regarding Mable, I will be meeting with her regarding our Domain duties at some point in the near future. I would have proposed trading trivials for the mutual offenses made that night. If your preference is to take my half of the gesture so you don't return empty handed for her, I'm fine with that. I just don't want it to seem like I'm rehashing a resolved issue when I contact you in the unlikely event she declines to offer me the same for her slight."

Shrugging his shoulders regarding Madcap, "I have no delusions that we'll suddenly be happily holding hands. If our best working relationship is simply staying out of each other's ways then that's what I want. I only wish there to be a clear separation of issues should he choose to let such a matter fester with the Prince and it provokes her displeasure. That will be between him and the Prince at that point."

Blood Hunt:

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Gangrel messages a temple, "Cool. Was there anything else on your end?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No," he says between a sip of his drink, "I can send you a message with yours now or together with the others once you've confirmed they accept. Just let me know which you prefer."

Blood Hunt:

Wrong account

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Normally the Harpy confirms," Garrett said with a small shrug. "I am not a huge fan of needless bureaucracy. If Madcap and Mable are not happy they can tell Simmons they reject it, but I am not going to run around being everyone's Boon secretary. If either had a specific price, then they should have let me know," he chuckled.

I'm good to start wrapping!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shares in the chuckle, "Alright then, I'll let her know my end and they can contact her if they agree." He lifts his glass to Garrett, "Enjoy the rest of your evening and thank you for taking the time to talk."

Blood Hunt:

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper returns the gesture with a wry smirk.

Thanks for the scene!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sure thing!

Blood Hunt:

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread