THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Firehouse was one of the most popular locations in Sacramento, known for its unique atmosphere of tying the local history into its decor the institute and out of time feel to the venue. The area softly lit and bustling with the beginning of summer, but management was mindful of such things and sacrificed numbers for spaced and relaxed seating. Garrett Prosper ticked away at his phone in a simple white button up and dress pants. Not jeans and a hoodie, but definitely a step down from his usual presentation. One of the servers was nice enough to bring him a crystal glass of whiskey from the bar to pick at while he waited for Mable Wood.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

(BoL, Drinking)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

Housekeeping!

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

(Blush and drinking)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Mable arrived at the Firehouse wearing a white suit. She just looked at it in awe. She spotted Garrett. She slipped into a seat next to him. "Good call on location. This is so beautiful." Her head was still on a swivel looking at everything. "Just wow."

She settled and looked at Garrett, "How are you doing?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Love the look," Garrett grinned around the glass before downing the last shot as Mable parks herself at the bar. "I have a table outside or in. A couple, actually, so we can talk with some semblance of privacy," he said with a half shrug. As long as they coded their words a bit and were subdued when the line grew thin. The patronage might not have appreciated it, but the place rented out for weddings on occasional so it wasn't a foreign allowance.

"As far as my personal goals and studies, fantastic. Politics, not so much. What do you like?" he asked as gestures to get the bartender's attention. He would return the obvious question once it wasn't awkward to tack on.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a shy look at the compliment. "I love outside. In here is beautiful, but the stars are calling."

"Glad things are for the most part going well. Maybe we could discuss the politics in a bit?"
    She looks at him wondering. "Oh drinks, hmmm. I have heard they have a fabulous wine cellar here. I would love a rich bold red. Suggestions?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper considered. Requesting wine fell a bit flat due to their condition with limited palettes. He wondered if Mable had ever fucked around with contact highs in plying her prey. All of it was just going to be various types of burning, so he looked for a high tannin from warmer climates to meet her standards for thick and heady. He gestured to a Syrah and and a Cabernet Sauvignon.

Once she decides, Prosper gets another horrifyingly high proof fire-water mixture. He directed to the bartender where to deliver before they skirted outside to a corner table, where they would be aware of their surroundings and be able to people watch. As Garrett mentioned, there was a large amount of space where human ears wouldn't spy if they kept their conversation subdued.

"Have things been good on your end?" he asked, returning the courtesy once they were settled. The Savage had obviously missed May Court, alongside her Crone festivities. Despite the vibrant and welcoming presence he usually exudes, he looked a little drawn as he tracked moving Kine like a hungry cat.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Syrah, please." She follows him out.

"Things are going well. Last get together was rather boring. Not bad though for my first day as a manager." Mable responded in a way that kine ears could hear.

"You want to discuss the political stuff?" Mable asked. She knew that family politics was rough, but so was domain politics. "Is there anything I can help with? If not I can just listen." She wondered if Garrett would understand she was being sincere.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper's lip twitches in a smirk at her subtle complaint, "Boring in what sense? What would you have different?"

He tilts his head slowly from side to side as he studies the contents of his glass. "I would say it is a little alarming that Sophia declared myself and 'Cap as worthy of a lynch mob for...what? I am not sure what she means by 'making assumptions'. When I asked you and 'Cap about how you viewed certain events, she was more than free to put any misconstrued ideas to bed. I figured that was sort of the point of the gathering. She had every department head in that room for the family business." He chose to use Alessandra's public nickname.

"The fact that her personal feelings bleed so readily into business makes me nervous. I have worked with governments where those in power with these attitudes usually leads to detainment or quiet execution," the Savage's eyes pin.

"When I am told one values me in speaking my mind, and then does a complete one-eighty when that questioning is turned on them, that shows weak constitution in leadership and a very fragile sense of power and ego. She invited us to speak our minds, or, I am not sure what else she was attempting to accomplish by requesting she not be regarded as The Boss for the time. She chose to remain silent and stew? Unless it was a social trap, but none of our family could be called subtle. That tells me that individual is so disgusted at the idea of confrontation, that they close ranks and promote an echo chamber. Or they fear me?" he blinked, shrugging. He was mostly just thinking out loud instead of forcing Mable to take logic leaps to follow his lead. Best just lay it out for her to correct instead of play coy like he was speaking to a politician.

"Do you ask yourself why you find yourself going from being bottom bitch of the mean girl brigade, suddenly promoted when you show your throat and offer up your assets so eager to please, and suddenly you have a shiny Title and an explosion of public praise?"
    he smiled coldly, "That is called Love Bombing in cults, Mable. It is also a social abuse tactic of taking away your sense of worth until you bow to my whims, and suddenly we are best of friends. I would know," he says, gesturing vaguely as he slams his drink. "Does she want capable employees, or a group of yes-men? Does she want friends, or brown-nosers? You know her better than I."

For context on why Prosper thinks Ale wants him driven out, you can review the Status page under "Rankings"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Boring… More or less just a super quiet meeting. I guess I wouldn’t have wanted anything different given I did not have any guidance for what my position entails. I had found a list of meeting rules from the last person with my position, but the boss didn’t want me to use them until she had a look. Makes sense. I sent them to her, but she wanted to meet about them first. I tried asking some questions but basically it was a trial by fire situation. So, boring was probably good. I did worry about the people who were missing.”

Mable took in a slow breath and let it out. Now for more difficult discussions. Talking about how she feels or how Ale makes her feel was always hard for her. “I have gotten the making assumptions talk before. Apparently, I assume a lot. I get into trouble when I repeat back something she says earlier, that’s when I am making assumptions. I get confused by what she wants or expects. It has actually undermined my confidence quite a bit. For a while now, I have been checking and double checking with not only her but others when they want me to do something. I worry that I am misinterpreting their expectations.” Mable looked away in embarrassment.

“I don’t really have any better insight for you with regards to that meeting. I don’t get the 180 either. Perhaps it was a social trap? But yes, she did say not to consider her the boss for the time being. Maybe that’s why no input? And no, I don’t believe she fears you. However, I believe she does want no confrontation. Others have soured her for it. But I have seen her in confrontations, and she has shined.” Mable specifically was thinking with the Brood fight.

“Speaking of ‘Cap. I’m glad you chose him. He will be around you more since you belong to the same club. I was satisfied he would be there when needed. That’s all I wanted. I know you can handle yourself too.”

Had Garrett mentioned Cult because Mable was a crone? Mable looked off to the side for a moment. It didn’t matter if Garrett was trying to bait her or tease her, that wasn’t what this conversation was about. “I do know what you mean. I know why I have the job now. I had decided to just keep my head down and cause as few waves as possible. I know she cares nothing about me or any skills I have. Given that I had the criteria that she requested, and others didn’t, also tied her hands a bit. I’m sure she would have been just as happy if I hadn’t still tried for the position. After all, the position holds no power unlike at other companies. She said as much in the family business meeting.”

“I do know her better, but your guess is as good as mine. I am guessing yes men.”

Mable caught the words I would know. But didn't read anything more into it.
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-09 21:29:20 Mable Wood rolls 3 to empathy check (10 Again) 6, 1, 3 failure

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-09 22:25:49 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to read Mable's body language (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 5, 2, 2, 6, 9, 6 1 success

At the mention of missing people, Prosper shrugged, "There could be a number of reasons. Some of us were busy, others making a statement that they were not happy with the current climate of uncertainty."

The Savage was able to at least note the other wolf looking away and doing a breathing exercise that was pointless for their species. "I can be a bit over the top with these things," he cocks his head, "Most of my early years were developed in a war zone, and afterwards my innate strengths were applied to risk management with political situations. I am here in the first place because I expected Sacramento's company to be...low stakes." Did that make him a coward? He wondered sometimes.

"You cannot really expect to improve if you do not understand what you are supposed to aim for," he said evenly as she explained her confusion. "I think what might be happening is that you have been expected to fill in the blanks yourself. Which can be fair when one knows what they have signed up for. Perhaps she is missing that step in assessing who she promotes. Being chewed out by a superior for a mistake is nothing unusual, however just praying your network is flawless and doubling down when it does not go your way hurts your position in the long run. Weakness in a specific ability is only a bad thing if you are expected to perform in such a capacity."

At her admittance of understanding her station, he seems annoyed, "Likely you will be told 'no! I have great confidence in your ability all along!' Whatever, just do what you are good at and prove them wrong. I will help where I can. We are cut throat by nature and shrinking from that fact does not improve our situation. If Sophia shits in your Wheaties or threatens your territory, sick your connections on her ass. She needs you. That is a good thing; it is precisely because of that, you can now secure her allegiance." The Gangrel spoke frankly, showing his Beast and his age as a Kindred disconnected from notions of human friendships as something natural. "However, we have seen how loyalty and track records are treated the moment she feels foolish when it comes to her law enforcement. I trust two things: favours, and power. Neither are secure here." The bias towards how the Dragons were tossed under the bus in April was obvious. He knew Mable didn't exactly trust him either, given her lower review of his Status, but he had always been pretty damn open about his feelings on things and this was her opportunity to figure out where they stood. Getting into a Whip discussion could come after, if the woman needed clarification on such things. The Savage wasn't a fan of the Sacramento's Kindred habit of chattering about several topics at the same time. Shit was confusing, and Prosper prided himself in the art of fast-talk.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread