Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-18 14:53:55 Garrett Prosper rolls 4 to Composure + Subterfuge (10 Again) 3, 8, 4, 4 1 success

Garcia coming to him first has clearly affected his approach.

His questions signal that he appears stuck on how to accept a Boon from a Ventrue with no Clan position, and he is signalling he won't accept a Boon on 'Jack's behalf' because that doesn't mean anything, and it doesn't fix the repeating behaviour. He's also implying Arturo is somehow at fault for Jacque being Whip, to give him a hook for whatever he is trying to arrange on his end. He's also implying Jack's offence is far more than a Trivial at this juncture due to repeated offences. Jacque paying would fix Prosper's offence at being snubbed, however it did nothing for Mable being criticized, or Madcap being harassed into a Frenzy after setting boundaries. The statement 'then this would be easy' implies he's willing to parlay, but he's in a tight spot himself in regards to defending the honour of his Clan.

"We are speaking, are we not?" he sounded a little annoyed. He couldn't really fault him for taking advantage of the situation to springboard his own position with his Clan, but the conversation was rapidly becoming circular or dead in the water. "I can accept prestation on your own behalf if you wish to extend this assistance in a concrete fashion. How I use it will be determined after speaking with my cousins. Consider it inter-Clan diplomacy. This is participation on your own signal of agency, and if Priscus Simmons does not approve of your interference, that is a Ventrue problem. I will not officiate any amnesty without further engagement with the respect of station between the Clans."

If Garcia wanted to 'help', so be it, but Prosper was making it clear that the Ventrue could support his voice, or the gesture meant nothing. If he wanted to gamble with the Boon, he would put his money where his mouth was. Prosper wasn't interested in being a piece on his board when he was taking the matter seriously.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Let us call it a Minor than. And feel free to mull over its usage with family, I would expect nothing less. While it is only a gesture from myself, it is something done entirely in good faith - handled in a way that respectable Kindred manage such affairs. Any issues from within the Lords - which I am sure I can silence - won’t be a problem, as it would be foolish to decry efforts to reach out for this sort of…inter-clan diplomacy.”

Arturo shifted back and leaned in his seat, the same predatory grin across his face. On some deep personal level he didn’t even mind Garrett, though much closer to the surface he was happy that the Savage Priscus was in play, whether Prosper himself liked it or not. The cost was apparent, as the saying went you had to spend money to make money.

He was sitting here, willing to pay for the folly of his clan at this moment, which would hopefully become a fruitful seed which would blossom sooner rather than later.

”Shall we shake on it?”

He cocked a brow and waited to see if the deal maker was appeased.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett shifted to stop the casual posture as he listened to Arturo adjust his pitch and confirm the exchange wasn't a true representation of the Ventrue. Apparently he was ambitious enough to toss the Hands of Destruction into the Gangrel's court. Adjusting to Simmons showing a willingness to play ball, he could see the pieces for where they were, and doubted Thomas Boyle from his behaviours in Court wanted any drama, so to speak. As long as everything was handled as expected. Graham was the wild card, but Arturo had obviously barked about the man's shaky Acknowledgement, and likely would bridge to some rapport on their own. Garrett himself had not had issues with dealing with Jacque personally. It could work. He would be lying if he didn't enjoy these puzzles that appeared to stress his cousins.

"We are in accord," Prosper confirmed, releasing his hand as the perch for his jaw to shake on the Bishop's gumption. The bastard even managed to arrange where most of the fallout would be on his part if talks went sideways. Ah well, burden of office.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Oh, Ninito, how soon you forget

The Lord cocked an eyebrow, yes he had suggested shaking hands and Garrett was kind enough to offer his own.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-20 02:26:06 Arturo Garcia rolls 6 to Not laugh at the Savage forgetting! (Res + Comp) (10 Again) 3, 8, 3, 2, 6, 5 1 success

He managed to stifle the laugh at how the Savages mind wandered like a kitten chasing the little red dot. Instead, the Lord chose to due his duty as a Ventrue and stood up from his seat, his left hand pressed against his jacket and offered his right hand. All while smiling at the Priscus of Clan Gangrel

”I will throw this in for free, since we already went over it once.”

wink

All that was left was for Prosper to stand like a gentleman, and shake his hand - two motions and that would seal the deal.

”A pleasure as always Garrett. Is there anything else you would care to discuss ”

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage almost leaned back as the predator followed his Beast, suddenly looming as the hand is offered. With a snort, he rose with an eye-roll before returning the gesture.

"Maybe next time you will do better to hold my interest, where I bother remembering," he winked back.

"I think your Carthian cousin was wanting to ask some questions, it would be rude to ignore him, would it not?" Garrett said with a smirk as he eyed the group, "He mentioned he wanted you to ordain a wedding."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

A
    Arturo Garcia

The Lord chuckled, the Ninito was cute - he would give him a break this time.

”I understand, somethings need to be bright and shiny and have flashing lights for easily distracted. As for my cousin, we will have time to reconnect - for now I think my night is coming to and end, especially when I have so many things to do.”

“Until next time Garrett.”

He gave a gentle chuckle, and made sure to throw a nod to Graham Finley before he bid farewell to Garrett and headed for the exit.

Arturo heads to the main thread

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread