THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper picked a cluster of seats this time, so he could give airs that the conversation was somewhat private, normal exchange. He gestured for Arturo Garcia to situate himself. As the other moved his gaze tracked the more intimidating Beast, eyes pinning as he schools his expression to some semblance of neutrality that the other seemed to effortlessly project.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Garcia took note of where they were headed, and as Garrett slowed Arturo took the Initiative. The Bishop sipped behind one of the tall wingback chairs and pulled it out a touch. His hands gripped on the back, knuckles near white. The Serpent's claws sank deep into the interior of the Lord's chest. This mouse screamed for nothing more than a final death in its weakness.

”Please, I insist.”

Whether the Savage took the seat or chose another, Arturo joined him in having a seat in their alcove.

”So, I think we need to have words Priscus Prosper. Were you watching the same song and dance that I was?”

Arturo leaned back into his seat and intertwined his fingers with one another as he let his eyes linger on the Savage, eyeing his movements, reactions, facial expressions.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett snorted at the gesture, torn between his annoyance and willingness to play their stupid game as the Lord claimed the space. He sits heavily across from where Garcia pulls the chair as if he were going to sit in it himself. "Thank you." It was am ambiguous statement, floated as a basic register of his politeness so he didn't sound like an ass himself in Court. He tucked a leg under the other, but resisted the urge to cross them as he kept the other planted on the floor and wrapped his hands around the calf it to keep from tapping. He leaned forward a bit as he spoke.

"No. I was having a pleasant conversation with Just Graham and Art, until the Sheriff graced me with her presence," the Priscus responded airily, "Please, tell me what I may have missed, Bishop." The humour is a bit forced, the Savage looking oddly feral these nights.

He was clearly drudging up the Beast he rarely showed, which was unpleasant for other predators to tolerate, and a strange adoption for someone usually quite controlled and polished in his mannerisms. The fact that he was so well dressed as a jarring image to the forced smiles that hinted fangs and too-wide pupils. He seemed to be looking past and into Garcia, lip twitching like he saw a stain on the man's shirt.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Oh my, oh my, what was this? The Bishops grin turned predatory as he was asked to explain what the Savage may have missed. The attitude reeked of the same that Jack had tried to get away with during the Keeper Court. Playing dumb was cute, it suited the chubby cheeked Gangrel, and for his health it had best be a show.

The Serpent was not in a tolerant mood, claws sunk in, and climbing up - pulling out and using the ribcage like a ladder. It wanted out, it wanted to rend this little boy into a hundred pieces and happily gorge on the remnants. If one could see the beast they would be able to see the emblazoned yellow eyes of the serpent, locked on Garrett, its prey.

From leaning back, he rocked himself forward and leaned in and rested his elbows on his knees.

Oh Ninito

”There seemed to be some drama between my cousin, and your own. There seemed to be a few parties involved in the matter. I am not surprised your knowledge of this is lacking since you were not one of the parties addressed.”

Would he play or fight? Both were acceptable.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"The Whips of our respective Clans, you mean. You know, the one that you and the rest of your cousins placed there via social contract," Prosper's grin was razored as he tracked something, blinking in a way that was more of a twitch as the predator loomed. "I did not see any drama. My cousin is in full control of his faculties and signaled the Keeper when his Beast was rising to the surface. The Herald engaged the Keeper in his own opinion on how they should work side by side on the issue as the Prince's Voice, and the Keeper saw fit that she had it handled," a stuff shrug.

"The few parties appears to just signal that the Herald values the opinion of the Daeva. I do not blame him, they are in quite high standing as respectable members of this Court. Mentorship should not be scoffed at, as Herr Meadows and Sheriff Moretti were willing to offer. I suppose he is over his issue with my cousin, as he saw no need to petition the Priscus on his issue, and leaves the night in the hands of the very capable Seneschal," he nods to Vivian York. "He might just be drafting a letter. We all have nothing but time."

His grin stretched, showing fangs, "Am I so scary to the Whip of Ventrue, Herr Garcia? Are the Daeva more easy with the temperaments to ignore my position in matters of Clan dispute?"

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Language and volume suggests otherwise, regarding the matter of faculties. It would be an errant choice to believe that there was a reason hampering the ability to walk across the room and use a more civil volume.”

The fire back was quick and confident, and there was very much a hole in it - an invitation to rip apart the mirage of decorum being upheld here. If Prosper wanted to flash his fangs he had best be ready to be a monster, tricks here helpful only up until a certain point - there was always a much more visceral struggle at the end of those types of scuffles.

”But before we continue let us agree on a universal truth in this matter,”

He snapped back fast enough to not give the Savage the time to quip before he was done.

”The nature of offenses is not equal, nor do they exist without the ignorance of one of the parties, which serves to lessen the severity of the problems I mentioned. At the same time, I want to express that I am bringing this to you out of respect for your newly found title and the actions of my cousin towards your own family.”

There was a chuckle regarding the aura of fear that came from Garrett.

”When discussing someone who would likely be spooked by their own shadow in the street lamp you may as well be the boogeyman. But I am not so easily scared off, and here we sit - Lord and Savage, and I didn’t even bring a Daeva.”

“Now, while we wait to see what the inevitable complaint carries, shall we move towards a resolution between your blood and my own to avoid a larger disagreement?”

Where one Lord fucks up, it is only natural another tries to put out the fire.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Sure enough, Prosper started talking before Garcia cut him off. He bit his tongue, refocusing his attention back on the skin containing the spirit of the monster as the Lord explained his intent. As he listened to the Bishop slip into the leadership position with the absence of his Priscus and Whip, Garrett actually chuckled, the sound more guttural than normal with the bestial taint. He ignored the opportunity to chase the rabbit that Arturo released to derail the conversation; so the man could smoothly slide Prosper's attention back and chide his distracted nature.

Okay. Business time.

"The Gangrel in Sacramento have always been reasonable. Herr Madcap did not chuck the Herald from his booth, despite the continued harassment. It is not his fault that Jack does not respect his nature that he was clearly signalling, which you have been on the receiving end as well. The Herald's stress at the rejection of prestation would have been rectified with patience. The Keeper was asking for a clarification, rather than an accusation. Accepting the Boon when the dispute lay between the two would change nothing on their situation, and would have been misinterpreted as Frau Wood profiteering. She did Jack a favour and maintained the integrity of her office. She offered to transition to prestation onto Herr Madcap's person in order to respect the distance that Herr Madcap requested, yes?" His gaze remained dilated and he did not sit back, but his tone contained the natural social vibrancy the Savage exuded.

What the fuck was Madcap going to do? Retreat with his tail between his legs to hide behind Mable Wood?

A
    Arturo Garcia

”The Keeper handled the situation very well, calm and collected - not even a hint of lashing out.”

There was a connotation there, the reasoning for their previous Keeper Court. Always was a long time, and that had been but a blink in the past. It would be foolish to so easily forget that - but he understood the position now, one couldn’t be so reckless with their accusations if they wanted to maintain their newly gifted seat.

”Madcap - he played the role of the bigger man in this situation, though I am one to recommend sticking to the standard volume. Gestures, or bringing the conversation with him may have helped too.”

He could have walked over to the Keeper, and he could have kept his tail wherever he wanted it.

”But this isn’t about individuals, this is about blood - this is what you and I are discussing. Transgressions committed by Clan Ventrue unto Clan Gangrel, all while ignoring their appointed Priscus during the commotion. It would be in poor taste to let it be known that the Lords of Sacramento act so poorly.”

“Now, since it wasn’t a big enough problem to catch your attention, one could say it was a trivial affair, no?”

Prestation, the currency of the Kindred - it made things go away, and healed all but the most grievous wounds. And with it, one could say the Lords of Sacramento as a collective didn’t recognize and correct their behavior when they were in the wrong.

If things could be settled between the clans here and now, excellent - then Arturo could deal with the Whip afterwards.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Well, hindsight and all that," Garrett says on the comment about behaviours, "If you have issues with Herr Madcap's balance of etiquette, you can tell the Dragon about prioritizing his mental focus on polite exchange over reigning in the Beast." His mouth tugs a smirk. He wasn't going to get into a circular debate, when the Brujah can take it up with the Lord if he didn't like him playing at Priscus. He was well aware he would be nitpicking behaviour if he were in Garcia's position, and Ellis had already snuggled up to that canon. "If Jack feels the words exchanged about his demeanor were so offensive that they draw his ire, he can request an apology from Herr Madcap."

As Arturo broached the idea of him smoothing things on behalf of the Ventrue, Prosper tilted his head, gaze flicking to Thomas Boyle . "If you feel that maintaining a conversation with another pair of Kindred while my cousins took care of their own agency reduces my investment, then maybe I should adopt the habit of flitting around Court like measured headless chicken," he shifted so both feet were back on the floor, "Alas, I am not so young to adopt these interesting new trends." He knew the man was jabbing at his earlier banter, but attaching the worth of prestation to it goaded his own cut about April Court. If he wanted to play that game, forcing Garcia to get pedantic about the conversation like his cousin would hold to be just as amusing.

"I would not reject the offer, and you are being forward in smoothing this matter on behalf of your cousin. The sticking point is that you do not represent anyone but your own honour, Bishop Garcia. How would I interpret this trivial apology? Excuse your own choice to keep the Herald as your Clan's Whip, which lead to these escalations? Payment to a Priscus excuses the dismissal of proper decorum and insult of our Clan's chosen representation, but it does not wipe anything else. I do not fall in line with Keeper Mable and Herr Madcap's own points of insult. If this was a first time offense in one particular instance, then this would be easy, would it not?" he rests his chin in his hand. The tone had shifted to patient professionalism as Prosper returned from holding the Beast so close to the surface. His studies could wait for a second.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Neither Whip, nor the one who appointed him to such a title is present. It would be foolish to believe that this has disarmed the Clan of Kings in what many would consider our chosen field of battle. So in light of all that has happened, it is only right that someone established comes and bridges any gap created. While I currently do not have the ability to force an arbitration, I do have something that has been lacking tonight - and that is respect for your chair. No matter the outcome you will not be able to say that no one reached out to you.”

Was there more though, this Savage was a rough and tumble roll in the dirt type - he didn’t so much snarl as mewl annoyedly, and if he did have claws they were likely manicured. He was a Savage yes, Arturo had seen this, but just as much as the Bishop mentioned that court was the battlefield of Lords he recognized that all Savages were hunters - and Court was where this particular cat stalked.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-18 14:04:50 Arturo Garcia rolls 8 to To read between Garretts words (Wits + Sub + Spec + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 7, 1, 10, 2, 2, 3, 7, 10, 2 3 successes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread