Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Great! All met up!" Emily says cheerfully linking arms with Brigit on the back seat. The weed scent is a little stroger in the car. "And Matt's right! I'm taking you on a guided tour of our territory, with a bit of historyof here and the city shoved in and all delivered with my ineffable charm!" Another rib is attacked, the bone carefully dropped into a bag.

Then an old familiar face appears. "Oh my GOD! Chris!" She squeals, morning to let her back out of the huge truck. She dashes over to him and colides in a massive hug. "You are not around nearly as much as you should be, Mister. Why so grouchy? How are You? Where have you been hiding? We need to hang out, properly." She lets go and punches him playfully on the arm.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    P
    Patrick Church

Patrick was feeling at ease.
    That was his first damned mistake, that's always when it happens. He didn't avert his eyes, although the Irraka was plenty intimidating, both because of what Church had heard about him and the knowledge of Chris's Tribe. If he'd made the time to find the pack and bring this up, that was bad fucking news. He didn't bother wondering how he'd found out, the timing was too keen: First, Pure show up? Then Chris, who seems to have a habit of only appearing when the pack needed it's full strength does too? Connecting the dots, Patrick figured the Anshenga scouts were Fire Touched. Had to be.
    Shit.

"I think you should have asked that question the other way around."

He rolled his shoulders back, physically preparing himself for the possibility that Chris was there to protect his own from an interlopers who brought his dirty laundry into their collective house. If he was gonna take a beating, he'd take it standing up.

"They left a survivor. Me. Not for lack of trying though."

He sighed. He'd only really opened up about his failure in the past to Felix, and even then he'd kept it vague to avoid conjuring the trauma. He could still feel himself burning under a big fat moon, the smell of burning tires muddled with the greasy scent of his own charred skin and hair. He knew this day was coming he just...Wished he had more time. That's where he decided to start-

"How much time do I have?"

He didn't specify whether he meant to pack his things and bail, or before the imminent arrival of an old enemy.

"Since unlike last time, I'm not running."

He looked at each of Call's members but let his eyes linger on Matt, silently hoping that the Rahu would support him in this. He might be trying to put on a brave face but the truth was that he was terrified. The Pure rarely just kill Forsaken. They can and will do much, much worse.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-26 18:58:57 Church rolls 5 to Putting on a Brave Face (10 Again) 1, 2, 5, 1, 8 1 success

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

A tour? Okay.

The idea is a good one. Familiarity is never a bad thing for the Uratha. Having the situation explained to her saw Brigit grow content, until the arrival of her fellow Talon.

Maybe it was the lingering rage in the Irraka's eyes, his disheveled appearance, or even the light tension between him and Patrick. Either way, Brigit is SO confused and she looks it. Nonetheless, she stays in the back of the Hummer with the door ajar and her feet dangling outside. What was Chris called to do? Who did Patrick fight? What's up between the two of them? Brigit didn't know.

"Hi, Chris," she offers in her usual quiet tone, remembering his face from their earlier meeting, "Called for what?"

No harm in asking, right?

Like the rest she watches the pair close. Curiously, a smirk plays on the timid Talon's lips. Shy or no, Brigit was still Suthar Anzuth and she was no stranger to watching fights.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's electric-blue head looks at Church, to Chris, and back again, bewildered. "Hold up here, guys. What's going on? What survivors? What are you talking about thats got you both riled up? Can we all know this thing, if we're all in the shit here?"

Something wasn't right, and certainly didn't make sense. The pack needed to know what.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A half-step lets Chris take Emily's hug without tipping over. A smile sneaks onto the Irraka's face. "Sorry, things have been busy and now this," The hug is returned briefly before Chris looks back at Church. "You sure you don't want to swear to Fenris-Ur? That's the sort of attitude we like." The smile turns into a grin as eyes glance at the other Talon. Ya she's ready to.

"I'm not sure if we're all in shit just maybe. A blocked number called me a bit ago..not really sure what time honestly. What time is it?" Chris looks across the pack. "Right, anyway so blocked number. Not totally out of the ordinary. My sisters have some people who think they're hot shit. They try to act like it and its kind of embarrassing."

"So, call, asked to meet me in person to talk business. Ok sure. I met them outside of downtown a bit off the beaten path. Figured shady folks." The Talon pantomimes endless talking by opening and closing a hand like a duck. "Except I get there and theres a group with bats and chains. They asked if I knew a Patrick Church." An intent look at Church. "So I told um to go fuck themselves which may not have been the best plan." A shrug. "Anyway I got the fuck out of there and ran. Once it seemed like I lost them I circled back here to see if Emily was in."

"They didn't seem to know what I was. I think they thought I was a pawn like them. I think they might have been wolfbloods, not really sure what they smell like. The ones back up north are very closely protected by their kin."

The Talon takes a breath as everything rushes out. "I think that We have a bit of time here. They didn't seem to much on the uptake. Otherwise they wouldn't have been so damn stupid. One of them broke off from the others to make a call or something. He's mine. Motherfucker challenged me to a one on one and well there's an Oath to uphold." The glint of rage returns to Chris's eyes.

"Pretty sure the others are looking around downtown still. They weren't going to far."
    Irraka Blood Talon:

9. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

"We can take them." Matt growls, seething at the trespassing into the Pack territory, hunting one or more Pack members! He looks to Chris and Emily. "Alpha isn't here. Did he go out of town? He might have said something about setting something up with the Tribe in Los Angelos..."

He glares, "Em, can you reach him?" he says to Emily Makerith. Turning to Chris Laurent, "You're Beta. We should hunt them and hit them before they get their shit together, figure out they aren't facing just a lone wolf anymore." Matt grins at Patrick Church. "They have a Pack on their tails now! We can defend our ground and chase them off, or else."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Uh.... 'bout 6.30? 7? I don't bother with watch or phone if I'm planning on shifting." Emily shrugs.

Blocked numbers? Oh yeah... Chris has family money. I forget that.

Listening to the story Emily's smile vanishes. "Chris, if you lead them here I'm gonna kick your ass... okay... let's think." The Ithaeur takes a breath. "Okay. If they were Blooded, you'd know, if it was any way strong." She turns to Church.

"Patrick, who are these guys? We need to know if this is a wolf fight or just some humans out for your blood for something. How far does this go?" She looks up and up at Matt. "Chief's an eclectic one. I can try and send a message to him. He didn't mention skipping town." The mention of just rolling out for blood makes her sigh exaperatedly.

"Easy there, Rambo. Downtown isn't our patch. But it does mean herd. It means cops. I wanna know what the fuck it is we're heading into because if we don't, that's how we get fucked up, and I've not lived this long to get taken out by a death charge in downtown." Emily's voice is tense but steady.

12. Likes Ruach, Kelreth liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

"A battle is more than a wave of fury," Brigit offered, sliding out of the Hummer, "Emily's right. We can't just roll up and fight 'em, but Matt's words are on to something... They want a fight. We need to give them a hunt."

She offered the Giant a smile, even if she assumed her coming suggestion would not likely suit the Rahu's temperament.

"See the benefit of them being downtown is they can't do shit either without the cops getting involved," she said, "They have to wait until their quarry is alone... or otherwise steer him into a place that would be more advantageous to pounce on him, right? So if we're after blood we just gotta do the same. Use Chris and Patrick, make it look like he's trying to move him. Draw them away from the Herd... and right into us."

Looking to Patrick, she adopted a more assurring look. "Don't worry too much... I, um... was raised among the Anshega. If they're anything like my old family, they won't be using silver. That's Luna's metal and its use is pretty taboo," Brigit explains, citing the beliefs of her former people. Chris spoke of the individuals potentially being wolf-bloods, which forced her to contemplate a probable affiliation with the Pure. Especially since they were targeting an Urdaga. "I've seen wolfbloods get their shit kicked in for suggesting it," she says, "Still, they could just be some really informed Hunters. Which is still a problem."

"Either way,even if these guys don't play from the same book, I think using you to draw them out is the best bet," Brigit said landing her gaze on Patrick, "If you're comfortable with it, I mean. They already know Chris is affiliated with you, so we could use him if he wanted, but I'd wager you'd be the more tempting target to get them moving."

Realizing how much she's talking, Brigit pipes down and clears her throat.

"Unless, you know, someone else has another idea," she offers quietly. Leaning against her Defender's offroad bumper, the Once-Pure looks to her pack, listening for any rebuttals, affirmations, or deviations from her plan, "Either way, we have to move on this soon. They won't search for Patrick on their own forever."

And you all know what that means. More. Wolves.

14. Likes Ruach, Kelreth liked this post
    P
    Patrick Church

Patrick was...
    Optimistic. He wasn't pack to them, not yet anyway, and yet they were willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with him on this. Granted they were defending their home as much as anything else, but still. It was nice to know that this wasn't a battle he'd have to go into alone. Truth be told be was legitimately afraid of that outcome. He'd give as good as he got but the last time Anshenga had their claws in his life he was left burned and shattered, only recently putting pieces of himself back together. The offer to join the Talons wasn't unnoticed, even if it was half-joking. The rage that danced in Chris's eyes was reflected behind the deep green of his own.

"I'll get back to you on that."

He said with a light smile for the Irakka, and left it at that. For now anyway. He was focused on what Emily and Brigit said. He was never disappointed with Emily's easy wisdom, but Brigit's input was equally sound and gave the Ghost Wolf a good impression. She sure sounded like a huntress, in spite of her docile appearance.
    It's always the quiet ones, right?

"...Well, before I landed in the city I was trying to make it to that Commune up North, where the Tribeless have a place for...People like me. Failures, for lack of a better term, Ghost because we didn't pass our initiations, rather than choice. A place for us to take "remedial" courses in our history to groom us for the possibility of reattempting to impress the Firstborn. I tried to take a detour since Anshenga were in force, still dreaming of taking Colorado from that clutch in Denver. I'd heard about a shaman in the wilds of New Mexico who knew the way, so I took a calculated risk in crossing over the state line. The rumours about the Southwest are true: That whole fucking state is their territory. I even saw entire towns picked clean in their never ending search for converts. I didn't end up finding him, not at first anyway. Instead of finding that priest, I ran afoul of a family of blooded tied to Red-Clay, Izidakh alpha of one of the bigger war-bands calling themselves The Pyre. He has...a reputation for breaking Luna's. Didn't have a problem committing sins, as long as he didn't use his own hands to do it. His contemporaries might not approve of his means, but his success rate has kept the hardline Rabids from seeking retribution.
    The Pyre is also known for never leaving loose ends."

While he spoke his hand once again traced the scars on his throat, having to pause here and there to give his voice a rest. Church hadn't been around the two newer wolves enough yet for the damage his voice had sustained to be as obvious as it was then. They might have realized that he couldn't speak above a certain volume without wincing; Maybe the guy couldn't even howl anymore. Whatever they'd done to him, it was not supposed to be half-finished. Snapping out his moment of "nostalgia," he went on -

"I'm not sure what these guys Chris met are capable of, but from what I have seen in the past, the herd they use for reconnaissance tend to show up and provoke local packs, probing for weaknesses. So they probably want us to step out of Call territory. I'd say we should be on the lookout for red-herrings. They might've challenged Chris as a diversion. They might not all be geniuses, but even the lowest rungs on their totem poles have that Cunning game full tilt. But we can't just ignore them. If we can find a way to bring them to us, then maybe Matt's way is the best way...If they came here for a fight we should give it to them, as long as its on the pack's terms."

He sighed, hoping that was enough to give Emily in order for her to better assess the situation. His eyes lingered on Brigit though, there was certainly more to her than met the eye.

"I think you're one hundred percent right, Brigit. You learn that from Tribe, or...?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily links arms with Brigit. "Woah, no, don't go shy now. That's cunning. Like Red Wolf cunning. I like it." The Crrescent looks around. "Patrick, you feel up to this?"

She chews her lip, thinking. "Now.... if they don't know you guys are together it seems unlikely these rubes will know where our territory is. If you two can get them to chase as far as the railyard, the rest of us can set up an ambush. I know some good places to hide."

Emily starts rolling another cigarette. "You boys had better head off. We'll take the cars and be ready. South side, over by the bunkers. We meet, and hit them with some drop wolves." She grins, and licks the paper shut.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last