Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

The white Defender rolled up to Emily Makerith 's shop.

Coming to a stop it idled for some time as the Once-Pure within eyed the structure. Eventually, the car's ignition was turned to sleep and the low rumble of the dependable engine within gave way to a silence punctuated only by the sounds of daily life in Sacramento even as the Sun began its crawl past the horizon.

Distant traffic, gentle winds, and even the occasional bird, usually a crow, sang the song of the city's heart, but, within her chosen shell, Brigit did not yet add to the chorus. In time, her entry into the piece was made manifest when she opened her door and, finally, descended to the still warm asphalt.

Then a light groan left barely parted lips as the blackmarked Talon allowed herself a much needed stretch to work out the tension in her form. It was needed after the afternoon she had endured, having undertaken climbing at a local climbing gym as a means to appease the feral spirit within her. Though her sweat had dried as she drove, Brigit's skin still carried the scent of her labors to those fortunate enough to bear senses greater than that of Men. As did her attire, a pair of olive, mid-rise climbing pants and a white tank top. She was barefoot, having discarded her climbing shoes into the back and not having bothered to put on her sneakers. Even so, Brigit soon donned a blue hoodie, presumably due to her increased acclimation with the climes of central California, but the scent remained.

Once comfortable, Brigit's dark eyes turned her attention back to her vehicle, from which she retrieved a 12 pack of beer, two large pizzas, both meat lovers, and grocery bag containing a half a gallon of chocolate ice cream. Slinging the 12 pack under her left arm, Brigit held the bag in her left hand. The right balanced the pizzas, making use of her forearm as support.

Then Brigit would move to the shop itself. She'd go through the bay doors if they were open. Otherwise, she'd head for the door and knock after awkwardly putting down the beer and ice cream.

2. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

The garage is closed, and so the big shutters are too. There is a regular door to the side, and that's where Brigit knocks.

Emily is literally getting out of the shower. At the knocking, she whirls around. "Shit. Shitshitshitshitshit....." The Crescent quickly wraps the towel around herself and dashes down the stairs. A shock of blue can be seen through the mottled windows and the door swings open. "Brigit!" she beams happily. "I'm so glad you came! Come in, come in! Welcome to my humble abode!" She slips her hands under the Talon's, grabbing the beers and abg to make things easier before stepping inside. "Aw! You brought everything! I was totally going to do that when you got here! Um, I got money in my bra.." Hand shuffles to her chest and grabs nothing but towel. "Oh. Yeah. Duh. Umm.... Come on up! I can totally pay you back. I've totally been looking forward to this!" The energetic punk steps aside to let Brigit in.

The garage is empty except for the mechanic's trademark Electric-blue Mustang sat in the corner. Emily waves Brigit up the stairs. The flat itself is quaint - Emily has actually tidied up for once. There are a couple of comfy-looking leather chairs chairs, and a blanket and poorly arranged cushions on the sofa (covered in silvery wolf-hair) propped for someone laid down to watch TV. One door off to the site is completely closed - an ajar one with a lacy neon-pink bra hanging on the doorhandle though the door is closed to. The whole place has the mix of smoke with air freshener. The table in front of the sofa has a slightly used ashtray and an open can of coke next to it.

In the living room, an assortment of fetish-like objects and a few diaries sit on a cabinet, a couple of bookshelves hold assorted dvds, books and ornaments. Behind the cabinet there are several photographs of various people, one of which is noticeably Emily in varying hair colours, often paired with a hulking broad man with clear familial resemblance. There are other people in the pictures Brigit has never seen before.

Emily drops the bag and beers on the table and disappears into the door with the bra on the handle, grabbing it as she goes. "Sorry about this - I kinda lost track of time..." Through the door it's possible to see an absolute bomb-site of a purple-walled room the very definitions of utter chaos. Emily drops the towel and pulls on some pajamas before joining her Pack-sister in the living room, collapsing on the sofa. She eyes the pizza, licking her lips. "So, those'll do me. What're you having?" She asks cheekily, before adding, "...Kidding. I'm not that bad. Usually. Sooooooo, how're you settling in? Everything okay?" She does lean over to the boxes and grabs the biggest slice she can find and munches while listening to the reply.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Eyes widened as Em answered the door in nothing but a towel, but Brigit didn't think too much on it. Emily already knew Brigit was not averse to rendering herself bare under the gaze of Luna. A more tolerant view to nudity was only a stone's throw away. Thus, beyond her initial surprise, Brigit thought little of it.

"You don't need to," Brigit said at Em's words of reimbursement, "Just cover the next one."

A soft smile followed her words as she followed Emily up to her chaos apartment. Happily depositing the pizzas on the table as Emily handled the rest, the Once-Pure soon watched as Emily moved around, her faint smile tugging into a true smirk as Emily turned apolgetic.

"Relax, Blue," she says, "We're family... I'm surprised you cleaned for me at all."

The pictures were noted, but Brigit decided to avoid asking too many questions. Em had been deeply affected by the meeting with Eyes-With-Wings, the Redeemed decided it was best to not push the subject of her family. Emily had only mentioned them in passing. They were gone.

"I'm... adjusting,"
    Brigit said, "It's still a lot to take in, but in time I think I'll be fine."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily chuckles, clearly no embarrassment on her face. "Oh, this wasn't special. It was getting hard to move for the clothes and garbage. *NOM* i' a foo 'eeks you'll shee *gulp* what it's really like. If you really wanna see what it was like, look in my room," she waves a hand at the door. "Like that, but worse. People keep bringing me food and stuff so leave containers everywhere - it's not a good look." She grins and takes another huge bite out of her pizza slice - she ha gotten sauce over one cheek, but doesn't seem to have noticed.

"Yeah, we're all finding out place. Hector's great, though he can be cryptic as hell sometimes. I think he just likes making me think. Jerk. Otherwise it's like being with boys all the time. Between that, and work, I'm really glad you came along. I know I'm tomboyish but I don't wanna be pissy one day and everyone thing it's a period thing, y'know? We're Werewolves. Anger is a part of who we are. Gotta have girlfriends to talk to. And the friends I got are all normal, so I can't talk about our kinda stuff. Not since Val left really. Know what I mean?"

Yeah, Emily's getting really chatty. It seems like shes been needing this kind of gossip for a while.

"So how's your place? All settled in?" She reaches for the beer and pulls out two, passing one to Brigit. "You live with that Wolf-blooded guy, right? Zeke, wasn't it? How's he handling it? Does he know about us?" Emily gives the shy Talon and cheeky look. "Is he cute? Can I see a picture?" She waggles her eyebrows.

6. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit's smile widens a little as Emily speaks. She enjoyed the carefree Ithaeur and it showed. At the mention of food, Brigit even laughs.

"Matt really seems to like feeding you,"
    she says, "Must just be his thing... and your place is used often enough to pretty much be our den, but, don't worry I'm not about to move in. We all need our own space now and then, pack or no."

Then, without announcing it, the Redeemed's delicate hand moves to Emily's face and wipes off the sauce. To her, it seemed a natural thing and that was likely evidenced from her lack of hesitation. When Brigit finally chooses to sit she deviates from the norm once again. Despite ample seating, she sits on the floor. Crossing her legs she finally reaches for a piece of pizza, taking her eyes off Emily for more than a brief moment. If nothing else, it showed the Once-Pure was comfortable here.

She nods as Emily talks about her predicament. What she said made sense. A Daughter of Luna without a Sister to talk to could go mad with only her Brothers around. They meant well, but it was doubtful they could relate. Not in the way Brigit could at least. She looked back to Emily.

"I know we haven't known each other long, but I'm always around to listen. Just call," she says, offering a sincere smile, "I got a pretty open schedule, even during the day. So... What's up? Anything on your mind right now?"

Blunt and ill practiced, but hey Brigit was willing to listen if Emily wanted to talk about things right now. After all, the boys were gone. It was just them. Well, and Luna, but the Mother was always there.

At the question of her getting settled in her place, Brigit shrugs.

"I mean sure, I didn't have a lot to bring with me so... I've been shopping a lot more than I've been unpacking. It's nice though. In a good neighborhood and quiet,"
    she says, "A little too close to neighbors for my liking, but, let's be real, unless we're surrounded by trees I probably won't be that happy."

It was clear Brigit was making a jest, but there was some truth in it.

"You can take the girl out of the woods," she said, her lips forming a teasing grin, "but you can't take the woods out of the girl."

"And yeah, he's good," she says casually as she reaches for another slice, "He's been here for a few years now, he was just in contact with the pack that spared me and said he'd take me in because of our history. You know the rest more or less. He got all the time he needed to adjust, started a business, and decided to stay."

Then she thinks further.

"Well, I guess I did kind of bring him back into the life by showing up," she says, "Zeek was pretty content to leave it all behind after he was saved. He just wanted to settle down, but I guess he never forgot about me? That's how Renauld put it anyway."

Brigit loses herself in her head for a moment, clearly still a little confused about it all.

"He knows," Brigit continues, "I told him a little bit after our talk down at Sutter's Landing. I think he was nervous at first, but he understands now. As well as someone in the Herd can, anyway. We grew up around Izidakh, we grew up knowing the Uratha needed each other, even if we didn't fully understand why."

At the question of his appearance, Brigit's faint smile returns. Almost soundlessly, the Redeemed fishes out her phone and tracks down a picture within the gallery of her beau. She would let the picture speak for its. Zeek was indeed attractive. A little bit rough and little bit clean rolled up into one handsome, green-eyed package.

And he chose me... Well... Kinda...

Brigit would let the photo speak for itself, but her smile clearly noted her own opinion on the man.

Kelreth I took the liberty of putting a pic for the purpose of responding to Emily's request. The actor, Jake Stormeon, is not in the face claims hence my selection. If this is not allowed the link can be ignored.

8. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The pajama'd punk nods. "Not gonna complain. He has great taste. I might even have to start running again, since some of my pants are starting to get pretty snug. Wha....?" Emily exclaims, confused, as Brigit wipes her face. "What the... Oh! Ah, you needn't have bothered, B. I'm bound to get more on before were done." She grins broadly and stuff the last of the slice into her face, reaching for a beer.

As the Iron Master cracks the can open, she listens. "That's sweet, babe. It means a lot." She scratches her head absently. "Ummm.... things on my mind?" She squirms and grabs another slice. "This is about the ritual, isn't it?" The tone is starting to get defensive. "Look, I... it was the first thing that came to mind, Okay? It was awful. But I got through it Okay? That's that I do. I don't need anything." Her knees are wrapped up under her chin as she attacks the pizza with more than a little venom. Clearly hit a nerve. Just as clearly as Emily is trying to cover it up again.

There's the hint of a smile. "Okay, nature-girl. There's a few parks around. But might just be easier if you try and thing of the city as a jungle of its own kind. 'S what I do." She crushes the can in one hand... wait, when did she finish that? And grabs another.

While Brigit talks, Emily listens, glad to have the distraction from her moment of weakness. God, you sound like a Stormy, Ems. Urgh. A couple more slices are guzzled down and slowly Emily unfolds as she relaxes. "Sounds like you have quite a history." She slips out of the chair to join Brigit on the floor as she looks at the photo. "Oooh. Yum. If you still dunno what to do with him I'll take him off your hands for a night or two..." Then the Crescent spots the smile. "Aww! You do like him! Brigit has a cru-ush!" She sings, teasing.

10. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

"Hmm?" Brigit offered as Emily explained her messy eating habit. The Redeemed smiled, "Okay, suit yourself."

The smile then turned to genuine confusion at Emily's sudden defensive turn. "The ritual? No..." she offered, "What you said was for the spirit, I didn't even hear it, Em. You just said you wanted someone to talk to. I thought you had something to say. Sorry..."

Beneath the timid wolf's careful expression there was some light agitation.

She acts like she's the only one that shared something bad.

The smile returns as Emily lightens up and offers some encouragement for her assimilation into city life. Finally grabbing a beer the Once-Pure would open it.

Drop it, Brigit. Enjoy the moment.

"Yeah, I know,"
    she says regarding the need to treat the city like it's own wilderness, "I'm sure I will in time, but right now it's just not the same you know? I grew up hunting a bit. Whenever my Dad and I went out, we knew there wasn't anyone else for miles. It's scary when you're young, but then you realize that's part of the thrill. Sure, there's dangerous folks in Sacramento just like anywhere else, but most wouldn't stand a chance if I lashed out."

Taking a long drink, Brigit gives a muffled chuckle at Emily's teasing and reaction.

"Me and Zeek? Yeah we got history," Brigit says, unsure if the statement was aimed purely at her own past or her relationship with her 'husband'. Given her subdued nature, she settles that Emily must mean the latter. "I mean we've known each other forever. Kinda comes with the territory when you grow up like we did. And we were always pretty close, I guess, even before we were paired. After the pairing though, we got closer. He'd even come over and check on me after training... It was pretty rough, but Zeek was always there with a little ice and some sarsaparilla."

Then a small revelation hit Brigit's features, some light color hitting her cheeks.

"And yeah, I think I do," she says, affirming her liking for the Wolf-Blood, even as her voice sounded off like she was a little surprised, "I wasn't sure at first, considering everything, but... I don't know. Sometimes it feels like floating, you know? And when he smiles, it just feels warm. I think there's something there after all, even if I don't have a single fucking clue as to why he wants to be with me. But I'll take it."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Em's grin spreads wide as she munched her pizza, and she winks.

He defensiveness obviously sets the once-pure on edge, and Emily immediately fees bad. "Fuck. Shit- um..."

Way to go numbnuts. Upset someone actually trying to reach out to you that might actually understand.

"I.... fuck... I'm sorry. I didn't mean... shit."
    The Crescent writhes in the chair, clearly awkward. "I... don't like blubbing at stuff. I... kinda though people heard me, and I've always had to be tough to get through. I... asked you here because... I thought it might be nice to have a girl friend, y'know? Not like a girlfriend but a girl. Friend. That understands. I don't have many. I've been stuck with guys nearly all my life. I think it might have affected me a lot."

V, and Roach, and Val... all gone. Sonnie, and Circe... Fuck, do I even have one I've not slept with? Jesus. I don't think I do. Oh! Sophia! Fuck, and that's because she's not interested. Wow. Let's not think about that.

She looks pleadingly at Brigit. "I...I'm sorry I was a jerk. I'm not used to having safe talks. Not since..." she waves over at the wall of photos towards one of a huge guy with bubblegum-pink haired Emily.

"Oooh, tough girl huh? You don't seem the lashy-outy type, and I've seen a few," she says, happy to focus on other things.

"Awww. He sounds adorbs," Emily grins, crushing the empty can and grabbing a third. "Warm and squishy? Babe you got it baaad! And as for why? You're cute as a button and can turn into a 10 foot killing machine. We're like Wonder Women and some guys really dig the Amazon vibe." She puts her arm around Brigit and shakes her. "Sooo....Go get him! What do you have to lose except some sleep?" She grins dirtily.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit looked at Emily with an expression best defined as forgiveness.

"It's cool, Em," she says, "Don't worry about it. If you wanna have girl talk just call, okay?"

Her smile grows to a grin and she laughs as Emily strictly defines she wants a platonic relationship.

"We couldn't do that even if we wanted to, so good choice to come to me," Brigit said, making the situation lighter. Uratha could not lie with Uratha. "Been chatting up the ladies of Sacramento, hmm?"

A hand rests on Em's shoulder as she gestures to the picture of her and her obvious father.

"Believe me, I get it, okay?" she says, "Mine's still around, but he's still on the compound so..."

He may as well be gone.

That's what she wanted to say, but she couldn't. She was trying to relate to Emily, not one-up her. Either way, both were left without their fathers. Neither of them had done it by choice.

"To be fair, we've never fought," she says with a smile as Emily changes the subject, "On the compound I was... pushed. Hard. My grandfather was in the pack and I was his only grandchild. My father never changed and he wanted to do everything in his power to make sure I did. So I sparred. A lot. Shot a few guns. Ran. Climbed. All of it. When I came of age, I even ran patrols with my dad and a couple others. Make sure there wasn't trespassers. It's kinda what led to the First Change, if I'm honest. After that I kinda kept at it so, when I was spared and saved, I resonated most with the Destroyer."

Then the conversation turned back to Brigit's partner. "I mean sure, I guess that's true, but I wasn't always able to shift. Even before the Change, Zeek hung around," she says, then another smirk, "And if you think I got it bad, you should see him sometimes..."

She left it at that.

"And nah, I told him I was coming to see you and have a girl's night, so he's out having a boy's night,"
    Brigit says.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's a relieved smile, and a nod. "Absolutely. I really don't do this enough."

"I know that, B," the Crescent grins, rolling her eyes. "I'm not an idiot. But yeah, I guess I do that sometimes... " She grins wider. "Okay, a lot. Sex is great and I make no apologies. One of the few ecstacies that beats the change. But I will say, I'm not gay. I'm bi. Important difference."

She nods at Brigit' s understanding, and rests her hand on the Talons gently. "That must really suck. Is-uh... there anything we can do?"

"We can fix that some time. An old Hunter taught me fighting teaches you a lot about a person, And, to be fair, he was right." Felix was a grouchy bastard, but he had been right. "And that sounds kinda cool. I've always been a city gal, and Dad kinda brought me up in an Iron Masters kinda way. Too exuberant for the Hunters, too chill for the Talons, too lazy for the Stormies, too... um... I guess lazy for the shadows too. Pissed my spirit teacher off no end. That's him up there," she jabs a hand at a motley group of five in a photo including Emily and her dad, and grabs another pizza slice. "The short guy. Always said I was too busy thinking with my pants to make a good shaman." She sniggers.

"Hey, I didn't mean right this second, Brij. But you wait too long and somone will come sniffing around a cute guy like that. Like me. I can be verrrrry persuasive..." the little mechanic grins playfully. She wouldn't do that to pack. Not ever. But it was fun to play.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread