Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was watching and listening, trying to decide if Art was doing ok. He seemed a bit skiddish, but Vivian was awesome with people. So for now she was just watching. Then a new beast waved over her. She quietly watched and studied the girl. She was searching, Mable was just getting ready to go over to her when she headed Mable's direction.

The beast strained against the chains. Red visions floated through Mable's mind. It was a struggle for a few moments. Mable won. The soft smile never left her face.

The girl curtsied and was polite. But there was something off about her, her face? Her movements? The poor dear was all Mable could think. "Good evening, Patience. I am Keeper Mable Wood. Welcome. Please have a seat." Mable glanced over to Vivian, who was almost done with the group she had around her.

"What brings you to Sacramento?" Mable gave her a warm and encouraging smile.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Keeper? Well. Patience had found a proper member of the court. Lucky her.

Or not.

She does not want to sit. Does not feel comfortable doing so. What if she needs to run? What if she needs to defend herself? To hurt someone?

She should not be rude, though. Not until she knows what this Keeper Wood might be capable of.

"Thank you," she manages. Again, the affectless tone. Almost dazed.

Patience takes the offered seat. Looking distinctly uncomfortable. When she turns her head to face Mable, her neck seems to twist in an impossible way, the eye closest to Keeper Wood appears to bulge, almost out of the socket.

"I am..." she pauses, seeming to consider Mable's question, eyes wandering at cross-purpose around the court before returning to the monster beside her. Those mud brown eyes now shine with an unguarded intensity. "I don't know yet."

Another pause.

"But I will." When He is prepared to show me.

Of course, this is not entirely true. Patience knows that there is one thing she must do everywhere: spread the Truth among the Damned. By word and deed. By blood. But saying so now will not do.

She keeps her gaze on Mable. Unblinking. Ignoring the terrified howls of the Thing Inside. "Do you hold the Faith, Keeper Wood?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ahhh, Mable thinks. She looks around hoping to catch Arturo Garcia 's eye.

"Am I correct that you practice the faith of the Lancea Sanctum?" Mable asked, not answering the girl's question of her. "If so, I would love you to meet Bishop Garcia."

"It's fine to not know why you came to Sacramento. Do you know if you plan to stay? Or are you just drifting through and introducing yourself?" This girl is very skiddish. Mable wanted to just hug her and tell her it would all be just fine. But that would probably scare her more. Mable would just keep it slow and steady.

"I am from Clan Gangrel. And you?" Mable was pretty sure she knew but then she could name several who didn't look like the clan they were from.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

“Yes. I serve the Faith.” The flatness of her tone gives way. There’s steel underneath. Hints at something more than just another shell shocked Lick.

Mable’s evasion is noted. Silence is the heretic’s refuge. Or maybe, simply, the Keeper does not want to speak about such things openly in Court? And what would her reluctance say about Sacramento’s Kindred as a whole?

Either way, Patience is disturbed. Not surprised necessarily. But disturbed nonetheless.

“Bishop Garcia,” she repeats. Testing the name. Wondering if this Bishop is worth the title. “Is he here this evening?” Patience looks out at the gathered Damned once again. Eyes almost hungry. Her jaw works, bulges, pops in and out of joint.

She keeps her gaze on the Monsters of Sacramento as she speaks again. The ferocity has gone out of her voice. “I will stay." And then, almost an after thought: “Nosferatu.”

Twice cursed, twice blessed.

Head jerks back around to face Mable. For a split second, her mouth seems full of too many teeth: “I would like to present myself, Keeper Wood. Officially.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable realized Arturo had left court. Damn.

"Unfortunately, I just realized the Bishop has left court. I will make sure to introduce you to him. The Nosferatu Priscus is out of town for an unknown amount of time. There are two others being acknowledged right now. I will bring you over to see the Seneschal in just a moment."

"I see how strong your faith is to you. Right now it is just you and the Bishop. I hope this won't be an issue for you. I personally may not share the same faith as you do, but I do understand having a deep spirituality."

"If you are ready we could head over towards the Seneschal now and wait there. Or we could sit here a few more minutes and talk."
    Mable decided to just let the girl be for now and try to get to know her later.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse

NOS
    PRE

“I see.” She continues to stare at Mable, unblinking. Are her pupils slitted like a snake’s? No. A trick of the light.

No Bishop. No Priscus. No direction. No worldly direction, that is. Patience is not troubled: the Lord will guide her steps. And if not, it is His Will that she stumble.

Patience’s faith is all too apparent. This she knows. It is a point of pride, something she refuses to hide. Let others know that before them stands one of the Lord’s own Holy Wolves. Let them rejoice or weep, according to their dispensation.

”it does not concern me,” she replies. The current number of Faithful in the city does not truly matter. Converts would come. One way or another.

Those eyes, those dead and measuring eyes, keep staring at the Keeper. “And what is your...spirituality, Keeper Wood?” There will be time to meet the Seneschal. At this moment, Patience wants only to assess the tenor of Mable’s heresy.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-25 13:46:32 Patience rolls 5 to Reading Mable’s Body Language (10 Again) 10, 1, 4, 8, 2, 8 3 successes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She would see that Mable's body language is open and accepting. That she is not dismissing Patience but allowing her to open up as much as she is comfortable with doing. Mable doesn't seem to be trying to hide anything at all. (let me know if that's enough)

Mable was happy that wasn't a concern. Mable thought about Adam always trying to save her soul and mentally prepared herself. "I consider myself pagan. I am part of the Circle of the Crone." Mable smiled, "I have a deep respect for nature and all beings on the earth. I also, accept others religious beliefs and fully support them in their pursuits."

Mable's hands were quietly folded in her lap in a relaxed manner. "I have met some who belonged with the Lancea whose religious beliefs were quite varied. Some were more of a catholic or protestant based and others were more Muslim. Where do your beliefs fall?" Mable tilted her head slightly with curiosity. Mable had her guesses but learned long ago to not let outward appearances dictate assumptions.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse

NOS
    PRE

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. And yet here is Mable Wood. Keeper of Elysium. Esteemed member of the Damned of Sacramento. Honestly, openly, even warmly discussing her Heresy. And pressing Patience with testament of her acceptance of other "beliefs."

Does this woman not understand? There is only one Faith because: I the Lord your God am a jealous God.

Patience wants to scream. To throw Mable down and denounce her before the court as a Witch and Blasphemer. But she will not. Cannot.

Who knows how many of Mable's kind lurk about the court tonight. And even if she is alone, her religious liberalism may be a sign of the Domain's sympathies. All of these Monsters may believe in the insidious doctrine of acceptance. Tolerance of heresy, after all, is just as bad as heresy itself.

Instead, Patience looks away from Mable, shifting her weight. Bones crack up the length of her spine.

"A pity," is all she says finally. "I will pray for you." Until I can do something more.

"There are many...doctrines within the church." It is clear that Patience disapproves of this pluralism. "But all must attend the words of the Dark Prophet. There is no changing His Testament. Maybe some night I will share it with you." At length. And whether you like it or not.

She stands suddenly, her knees seeming to bend the wrong way with the force her movement. Her body is all wrong.

"Should we go to the Seneschal now, Keeper Wood?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh dear, Mable thought, another to save her soul. "Thank you, that is quite kind of you to offer." Mable had a sweet smile on her face.

"Sure thing, if you are ready to head over now." Mable stood and walked Patience to the Seneschal.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse

NOS
    PRE

Hands clasped and head slightly bowed, Patience follows Mabel over here.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread