Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

I'd like to call in that debt if you're free.

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Domino liked this post

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

A response is quick, and suitably opaque for something put on the network.

"Always willing to hold up my end of things. What do you need me to do for you?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Our first conversation I was looking for some insight as to what you found interesting. I was sincere in my desire to find some understanding of the stranger back then and I don't think that desire was satisfied. My request is a simple extension of that. Pick me up and show me some of the places in Sacramento that you've found most interesting. Afterwards, we can stop somewhere, have a drink and talk more about that advice I preferred to wait on.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"With complete candor, much of my time since my arrival has been spent on business matters. While I am entirely willing to take you on a guided tour of the city if that is your wish, most of what you would get are my opinions of the various styles of decor and lighting in club bathrooms. In my opinion, it would not be a satisfactory repayment to the level of debt involved."

"Why don't I host at one of my places. We can talk about that advice and have a civilized conversation over a drink. Do you have a preference?"

For the sake of OOC transparency: Ellis is seeing the Tour and the Drinks/Conversation as two different examples of what a Trivial Boon is worth. He is also saying that the Tour wouldn't be satisfactory, because a lot of what makes a place interesting to him is what he's done there, and he considers that kind of thing confidential information because he's not fully established yet and sharing what he's been working on to another vampire that he isn't really very buddy buddy with is more along the lines of a Minor Boon for each topic. Without a bunch of Minors on offer, all he's going to be able to share is surface level stuff and it's obvious that Jacque wants more than that. Ellis doesn't want Jacque to come away thinking he was cheated.

Instead, he's offering to host Jacque somewhere private where they can share drinks and have that conversation without veiling the subject matter due to the Masquerade. He doesn't want to give advice that gets misinterpreted because they have to be careful about what words they use.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sigh is let out as he gleened over the text.

Understandable. I was more interested in you, not business you've been pursuing. At least surprise me with a drink that meant something to you perhaps?

Thank you, that makes sense!

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I find that the business we pursue, and the manner in which we do so, indelibly marks us and is the truest indicator of who we are, and would point to both of your Patrons as proof of such. But such discussions are better held in the flesh, I think. As for the drink?"

A short time passes as Ellis considers the request.

"I can do that. I look forward to discovering what insights you glean from it."

More time passes before another text comes in.

"I have arranged for a Suite at the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel on [Date]. What name do you wish me to leave at the front desk for you, and will you require a ride?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

No, without the accompanying tour a ride becomes little more than an unnecessary inconvenience for you. Alex Krait will meet you there.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Give that name to the front desk then. They will give you the room number and my man will let you in when you arrive."

I will get the scene set up and tag you into it

Closed Thread