Cozy BBQ at the Farm

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

The idea of Jack owing a great debt to the very Lord he had played a significant role in banishing brought a razored smile to Madcap's face.

"God damn! Now that... that'd be a cherry on top,"
    he said, "Jack owing Garcia big once he wakes up? That's genius."

"Good to see there's still fire then, Mable,"
    Madcap offers as Mable shows signs of seeing the light, "I think it's time we turn the game against him. He's tried it on the terms of the Lords. I think it's time to show him how we deal with things."

"The loyalty was an assumption," he says, offering Mable an explanation, "You've known that woman for a good spell longer than me. And your interactions with her that I've seen have largely been pleasant."

Madcap just nods as Mable assures that she would not push them to reveal the Great Work.

"I don't doubt that,"
    Madcap said, "You've left the Dragons well enough alone. More than I can say for others."

Turning his head to Prosper, he'd grant the Priscus a nod.

"Seems we got ourselves an accord," he said, "Jack sleeps. We just need to plan for how we get that to happen."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper looked up as he thought. When he probed if the Lord was a Neonate, he said he had been living the unlife for 'decades' and with confidence. Whether he was attempting to save face in his lack of experience, or simply that time was spent in isolation was something he wouldn't know.

However, that didn't matter. Jacque had proven he struggled with the vampiric condition that triggered competition and dominance displays among the predators that tried so, so hard to pretend they were just people with a habit. This wasn't a flaw if the poor bastard wasn't being shoved into the limelight every night for simply trying to understand why he wasn't making friends. He needed to be humbled.

Better the lesson than a violent Kindred eventually lose their patience. A restraining order never stopped a stalker with enough drive.

In Prosper's fucked up mind that had been eroded with time and familiarity with the Beast, he was doing the man a favour.

The Gangrel sniffed, "There are lots of options. I will be contacting Jack to signal the ire he has caused to the Clan. If he wishes to petition his Priscus, that is not my job. If he wishes to pay us, then he has learned. I do not need him in Topor if I have the incentive that if he starts harassing my cousins, I hold prestation. From this discussion, I am sure both of you feel the same? He will be agreeing to a meeting, or we simply carry on that he is now openly insulted us. He will not be safe forever. I can locate him with time. If he engages in debate, we put him to sleep, because obviously his Sire did not beat him hard enough."

His head swiveled to Madcap, "We are doing this by the book, just as you have been going about it. If he cements the insult after official correspondence, it is a Clan issue where we are obviously not breaching the Law with the Right of Destruction. Frankly, I do not think any of us think a Kindred fumbling around with honour signals is worthy of a death sentence. If the Prince magically manifests the thought to make it 'illegal' to swing at someone she has protected with a Title. Well. Fuck Fascism. I do not even need a badge to say that allowing this behaviour is endangering all of us, and if becomes a problem that we put a Kindred in a state that allows them to be woken up and unharmed," his lips thinned at the thought. "We will deal with it when it comes? I do not live as a dog."

Garrett started picking at a nail, lip curled in a quiet snarl. "If you are asking for a specific plan of attack, Madcap. We would get him in a location to begin the exchange," he gestures vaguely, "Too many factors right now. Maybe I find his Haven, maybe we are on a mission together down the line, maybe it is right outside Elysium. It will happen. Kindred hold grudges for years. At that point, I do not let Lords talk for long. He will be incited into an attack, because he can pretend all he wants, but the Beast will answer. Then he can finally work out his problems in a Kindred fashion when an accord cannot be met, yes? I can also purchase enough hounds to simply open up the doors of my other vehicle. He will not outrun them. He will not outrun the flocks. I have tracked prey for a century. Like I said," his gaze was almost slits, "We will have satisfaction."

3. Likes Domino liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Madcap, as far as friendly goes-it's mostly me remembering I am far beneath her in the pecking order of the Domain. As long as I remember that she isn't too bad towards me. I have been working really hard at pretending I am a shadow on the wall and staying out of the way."

She stopped and considered how honest she wanted to be before continuing. Fuck it. If they wanted to use shit against her they would. whatever. "I am working really hard to get my confidence back. Recently, I have felt a bit like a beaten dog. That is changing daily." She let her thoughts wander on the subject.

Then remembered something, "Do you remember that thing I talked about last meeting. The Clan Eminence? Is that something that can be used for this issue?"

"I have a question... Are there ways to protect against the things he can do with words?" She knew she probably sounded ignorant, but then... she was about many things.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap listened as the pair of cousins speak.

Garrett reinforced a desire to to try and solve the matter without torpor.

"More than fair, Prosper," he offered, "Already said I'd be satisfied with Prestation, but I'd be lying if I said Jack will see sense. I do think he'll try to pull other figures to protect him though. So long as we got options to deal with the matter when that happens, I'm fine."

Madcap thought Jack was an idiot, but the Herald wasn't a dumb idiot. If Jack felt he was in danger, he'd make use of his resources.

"Options are better than a plan, I think," the Bruja offers as Garrett mentions his lack of a concrete attack, "Better to adapt on the fly that way, but making Jack frenzy? That shit would be poetic wouldn't it? Spent all his time trying to look in control only to come tumbling down after One Bad Night."

More than teaching the Lord a lesson, such a thing would wound Jack. He would be more than humbled. Nonetheless, it was clear the biker wasn't telling Garrett what to do. He was just enjoying the thought of it all.

Turning to Mable, the Bruja would let the Keeper speak without any interruptions. She was having a hard time that seemed to be the basic message. Fair enough. Madcap wasn't going to offer comfort, that wasn't how he worked or how the Savages worked in his eyes. Still, he wasn't going to chastise Mable from airing her frustrations. If that helped her confidence build then that was more than fine.

At the Clan Eminence thing, Madcap chuckled.

"I wouldn't count on it, Mable,"
    he said, "We got some numbers, but Alessandra is concerned with her powerbase and made it clear she doesn't care for the Blood. Atticus is concerned with his Work, not with the Clan. That leaves three Gangrel working to maintain our place. Even if that didn't matter, we all saw new folks roll in and I don't know where they fit. We might not be the largest anymore."

Then the question regarding safety measures against the Ventrue Clan's gifts. Madcap's expression grew more dour.

"Forge your will,"
    he said, "And hope its sharper than theirs... It'd be better to ensure you have the means of taking care of them before they say a damn thing."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

At Mable's venting, Prosper nodded absently. He would know; it was the whole trigger to challenging her position. He read the room and saw she had no support anymore with figures of authority, but the Gangrel did not so much as blink. To him that meant there was enough scandal working against her, and she held no sway over the nastier personalities. He had wanted her out of a title that would give predators an excuse to press her and waste her time with the pettiness he appeared to be addicted to engaging. "We all are, in a way. That is why she has Praxis. So, we just need to be smart and adapt how we flex the environment to our advantage when it comes."

At her smart question of strategy, Garrett grins; the Dragon not knowing much at all of Ventrue abilities.

"Sounds about right. You do not start manifesting ideas if they cannot have a conversation with you. You can stop a Kindred from talking in many creative ways," he cocks his head, "Seems like we are all on the same page. I needed to know if both of you were willing to act on this matter. I would have pursued this as an issue simply between ourselves, but I find this makes things more efficient." It was kind of the point of having a Clan head. "I will keep you both in the loop of Jack's response, if any."

"I am aware both of you would continue respecting Her Majesty's Domain, so I was confident this misfiring would just continue until someone clawed him in a moment that demanded action. I wanted you both to know it was going to be fixed one way or another, and I did not plan on just watching it happen." He still remembered Dirt Nap's complaints, and it set his teeth on edge.

"As for Clan Eminence, Mable, unfortunately Madcap is about right. The Prince has to officiate such recognition. It goes against her doctrine that she cannot show any public favourites. I see her granting a Regency as a reward for service, but not elevating us above other Clans due to her lack of confidence that it will trigger outrage." He taps his hands against his leg,

"That was about what I felt needed addressing. Jack's been poking more than once, and Simmons has not done anything effective enough to stop him. She has not responded to a far more important matter, so I am not going to beg her to hide more of her mistakes. We bite back, and let the Domain know we will not tolerate it." Simple pack dynamics. As far as Prosper was concerned this had nothing to do with the wider politics, and it was shuffled into the fog of instinct of the Gangrel Curse. Lords were going to Lord until you kicked them off their throne and reminded them of their weakness.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded at the advice given about how to deal with the mind fucking gifts some had. She would have to try and remember what Davis had tried on her cause he seemed frustrated that he couldn't make her do something.

"I dream of making others frenzy. Just seems like a great revenge." Mable said wistfully. "And yes, I am willing to act on this. The options outlined seem reasonable. And fixing things seems like a good and necessary thing to do."

Mable thought about Atticus and his being a lone wolf. Also, how she had spent most of her life and unlife alone. It was a weird thing that they were lone wolves and pack animals all at the same time.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap finally took a puff of his nigh-forgotten cigarette, blowing out a cloud to the cool night air. He had enough sense to blow it away away from the assembled Savages, of course. After a moment, he looked at Prosper.

"Pretty sure you got a good enough sense of me to know where I stand, Priscus," he offered, "I'll act. Ain't ever been one to stagnate on this kinda shit."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper snaps a thumbs up, regarding Madcap's crackling cigarette out of instinct. Man, did the Gangrel Dragons take pride in signalling their Coil in an echo of what once was. He wasn't one to talk; having indulged scaring Garcia in the smoke room.

"Tribulation brings enlightenment," he said, grinning at Mable.

I'm good to wrap, with the conversations tapering off before they break. Feels like a natural conclusion on my end!

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Make sure when you're done with that, you put it out in the coffee can with sand." Mable says to Madcap.

good to close. thanks

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap mounts his bike, the conversation having come to an end. Cappy had a feeling Prosper knew he'd throw down if need be, but it was a comfort to know Mable was ready too.

Kicking the steel horse back to life he looks at Mable and smirked.

"Sure, Mable," he said. He'd give her suggestion half a thought. Maybe.

Then the Bruja hit the road, his baby droning out its deep growl as he moved on.

Good to close!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread