Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Spring party over, the guests gone, and the Dread Lord of Autumn returns to Seraphina's home, having spent a few hours searching and removing the advertisements directing changelings to her address.

How could she have been so careless?

Rhodes couldn't recall being in this position before. He longed for her to be happy. But now, to keep her safe, he had make sure the truth of the danger she had put herself in was apparent. There was a strange feeling about this. It didn't feel great. Whatever this feeling was, Rhodes had a feeling talking with Sera was the only way to fix it.

Knocking loudly on the front door, he lets himself in, and announces his arrival. "Sera? Sweetheart? I'm back."

This is a follow-on from the Spring Pool Party, so for continuity it happens that same day.
    Orianna Seraphina
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

It didn’t take long to clean after the party. Sonnie had been great and stayed to help. Not that there was a whole lot to clean up, but it was still sweet.

Sera found herself in a large lounge chair by the pool, Chemex on a table with fresh coffee, and a sketch pad on her lap. She had changed out of her bathing suit into yoga pants and an oversized sweater jacket. Though she was having a hard time concentrating on the drawing, still thinking about how Rhodes left. And while she wanted to be mad, it was hard to be, but the hurt was there.

Absently she chewed on the pencil, lost in thought until she heard the knock and voice.

“I’m out here!” replied the Nix, loud enough so he could hear and she closes the sketch book.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

As he closes the door, Rhodes notices he actually has to steel himself to make his way outside.

Fear? Am I afraid of this? Why? She won't leave.

...Will she? Sigh....

The Autumn King lingers in the doorway a moment watching her, before he makes his way out and stands next to her. "Hi. Looks like you got tidied up easy enough?" It's a little stiff for someone that normally enjoys the flow of conversation for easily. "I... had hoped to be back in time to sort things out. It took a little longer to find all your fliers than I expected. You were... very thorough."

Even in his own mind, Rhodes could feel how awkward this conversation was becoming. Emotions clouded everything up again, just as they did... way back when.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sapphires watch him linger in the doorway as she picks up her mug and takes a sip.

Nodding, “Sonnie helped me clean up, it was fun actually.” Who knew you could have cleaning up and putting things away?

But something was up, he didn’t sound right. Was he mad at her?

And when the fliers were mentioned, her heart began to race. She knew she had messed up, but was he mad? Her brain began working over various things, slipping back into an old space.

As such, she felt her face go emotionless, simply nodding. Playing it safe, watching him closely.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Treasured lady, normally so expressive and carefree, had gone very still. It was clear she knew something was wrong.

Well, we're doing this now.

Rhodes sighs. "You realise how careless that was, don't you? Putting your address everywhere?" The tone isn't angry, but certainly tense. "What if a random human showed up? Or worse, a Loyal spy just wandering through? It could still happen! Someone that wishes you harm could have seen it and now knows where you live. Can't you see what that might mean?"

The Fairest is getting frantic - his mantle begins twisting and sending leaves spinning into the air."I didn't make a scene at the party. I'm better than that. But it must have struck three new people - three mind you - that we know nothing about and are now fully aware of where you are most vulnerable. Where I am so often vulnerable. And that's... terrifying. And that never crossed your mind in all this preparation." Rhodes whirl around and looks at her. "Please tell me you see why I'm concerned. We are both at risk when we are here." It hurt to say it, after so much effort and movingband decoration, to tell Sera her own home wasn't safe. But it had to be done.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

His words were heard, and she takes a moment, deciding her own words carefully. She was on edge, being cautious.

While his tone wasn’t angry, it still made her shrink into herself a bit, her own body tense.

“After the fact, yes.” She wasn’t going to lie. “At the time, it was the excitement of finally having a place of my own and wanting to share it. Did I make mistakes?” she nods, “Yes. And I understand what you’re saying, and have had time to think over the possible consequences. I’m not as stupid as some probably figure me to be.” Probably more so now. But whatever, she was used to others thinking she was an idiot.

While he was frantic, she was calm. Her own Mantle not flaring, but her body was still tense. As if waiting for something.

“I won’t lie to you about this, it didn’t cross my mind. Do I understand why you’re concerned?” she nods, “Yes, I understand.” Sapphires look down to her sketch book briefly, before looking back to him.

“And I’ve been thinking over different ways to handle it. And only one seems like the best option.”
    A pain in the ass one, but it would work, “My realtor says she can get the house sold for what I paid for it and there are some other houses that fit what I want. It would be a pain, but, it would solve the problem.” At least for now. “But I don’t want you to feel unsafe here.” She was thinking of him and not her. Something she always did. Put someone else before herself.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes groans. "You know I don't think you're stupid, Sera. That's why this is so frightening! That your desire to share and please people overrode your instinct for security!"

It was frustrating. How could she be so calm? He had been fretting about this as he stormed around Funderland in a tempest of leaves, looking for the fliers, and here she was, demure as ever, agreeing with him... And then she said it.

Move again.

She had fallen in love with this place. Could he do that to her again?

If it kept her safe, the answer is Yes, in a heartbeat. You know that.

"You... I... this isn't about me!"

What? Really? Are you sure?

"This... this is about you wanting to keep you safe! If something happened to you and I... I..."
    The Flowering, always so articulate, begins to falter and break. The flowers on his crown, wrists and ankles begin to wilt and fall.
    "This... place... it means so much to you, I know, but it's just not safe any more..." his voice has grown hoarse. Desperate.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Her head shakes gently, “I didn’t say you did. But I know others do.” And she was ok with it. Something she was used to. “Security is important to me. But in a Freehold without an Oath, are we really safe?” it was an honest question. “Maybe it’s hard to keep that instinct when security has been so lax around here.” An observation. “I understand why you are worried. But I’ve never been someone to live in fear, to hide. To me, it’s letting them have control over me again, and I simply refuse.” She absently begins to draw a flower on the cover of the sketch book, “But I know not everyone lives that way. And this isn’t only about me. It’s about us. So I’ll work on that, be more cautious, be more security conscious.”

If only the Nix could explain why she had to be calm.

Sapphires simply watch him, “You said it yourself, this puts you at risk. I never want to put you at risk, you mean too much to me. If that means moving again, so be it. Would it be a headache? Yes. But it would be worth it, to put your concerns at ease. Don’t you see? This wouldn’t be home without you here and without you feeling comfortable here.”

Hearing his falter, she reaches out to him, inviting him to sit beside her. Her smile was soft, “I understand.” And she did.

She looks at the house, then back to him, “It’s a material thing, and while I like it, I can find something better. I need more closet space anyways.” She shrugs with a smirk.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Why do you think I pledge people, for shits and fucking giggles? I figured Richard would do the same for the Summers since he was there. It was the obvious thing to do!" He exclaims. "I've been pushing the other monarchs for an Oath. I can't just demand it. People don't react well to tyrants, especially us." It was true. "Maybe I am the only one... few here think on fear as I do." Moon had barely been here a day after all, and it was hard to open up to anyone.

Rhodes stopped, stuck. That way of thinking, denying them by living freely... It was an alien philosophy. As strange as... Well. Fall and Spring.

"It's... Only keeping where you sleep safe. Not...hiding hiding. I'm not saying stop fighting them... I... just want you to be as protected as you can be, if never truly safe." Why was this so hard to explain?

Because Ophelia kept your other lovers safe, perhaps?

"It puts you at risk! More than me. I'm not here all the time..."
    Just a lot of the time.... "Why would you do this for me? It should be for you. It's like you don't want to protect yourself... Does it really matter if I'm here or Not? It's yours, not mine." Something feels cold, stiff and unfamiliar in his chest. Caring was hard. He'd done so little of it before her.

Slowly the Flowering takes Sera's hand and slowly sits back beside her.

Against all instincts, the joke draws a strangled laugh. "You can't have filled them already." He gasps an unsteady breath, tired oversized emeralds seeking blues. "How are you so calm?" He shakes his head slightly.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Swearing wasn’t typically for him. “I agree, we can’t demand it. But we need it. It was weird at first, moving to the Freehold and there being no Oath. But over time, I suppose we grew comfortable, maybe too comfortable.” It was true. “I don’t think you’re the only one. I know there are some Summers who want there to be an Oath. And some Springs as well. How it’s presented will decide how agreeable people are to it.” But they needed it, they needed the Oath.

Nodding, “I get it, I really do. And I’m sorry to put this amount of stress on you.” It was never her intent.

Looking at him, “Why? Because I love you. Because I want to put your fears and worries at ease. And I do want to protect myself. I’ve actually been working on installing a door to a Hollow here. And it certainly does matter if you are here or not.” The first sign of emotions entering her voice, “You entering my life changed it, and if you don’t feel like where I live is safe, then I want to change it. Your happiness means everything to me.” She felt her Mantle flare as petals circled around her.

When he sits, her Mantle calms. “Well, actually, kinda?” it was true, she had a problem.

“I have to be calm. It’s ingrained in me, getting emotional never turned out well for me. So I learned to remove my emotions and keep myself at an even tone. It’s survival in a way.”
    A shrug, it was normal for her. Not a big deal.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread