Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's eyes followed the discussion before adding, "I had toyed with the idea of a faux parley. With this one being known as a master of Dominate, the idea was for a suitable host to be provided and allow the spider to think their torpid body was safe since the only formal entrance to the basement would be visible at all times." Looking to Thomas, "This would be first dependent on whether or not the Spider retained their supernatural awareness of their haven during possession, of course. Secondly, we'll have to figure out if we canbackdoor through the pipes."

"As far as luring them out." his voice lingered for a moment. "Chlorine dust was suggested as an irritant that could be pumped into the air. Otherwise, if the parley idea was feasible I imagine his current haven is chosen more so out of survival than an appreciate of the location. Freedom may be quite the bait."

"Or other ideas may surface as we acquire more information." he says as Thomas approached with the devices used for the ritual. He quietly watches the Lord with the healthiest amount of skepticism.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek nods at Thomas's reasoning. There had been very little interaction or discussion of collaboration with the neighboring Domain residents. They had been unequipped to handle this threat and for the sake of the First Tradition, the Prince had no doubt reluctantly agreed to provide assistance.

What comes next is a surprise for Derek as the Lord grabs the knife to slit his hand. Derek had never seen a ritual of the Crone firsthand. The talk of philosophies and ideals is one thing, but harnessing the supernatural is quite another. His skeptical mind observes and analyzes but sees nothing more than a mingling of crimson and clear liquid.

Blinking, Derek instead turns to hear Jack speak of practical solutions. "Mm. Yes. Like fumigation," he remarks unhelpfully.

T
    Thomas Boyle

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-21 15:56:23 Thomas Boyle rolls 5 to Read my lips! (Wits + Comp) (10 Again) 2, 3, 3, 9, 8 2 successes

I don't know if you'd allow it, Steven , but the Perception roll represents an attempt to read at least some of the words in the vision from the figures' lips movement. I'll post a proper response once I know if it worked!

S
    Steven

Negative. They are Faceless, and their non-mouths mouths move. Think like Neo in the matrix when he... cannnot.... speak...

T
    Thomas Boyle

Slowly, slowly, Thomas leans up from the bowl of crimson liquid and clicks his tongue. It's less than he hoped for, but then again - blood sorcery is not science.

"Two people, one in tactical gear and the other leaning on a broom, talking to one another. The man with the broom's head hung low - a sign of subservience, or shame perhaps? He had something small in his pocket, maybe a key or token of some sort. Sadly, no faces or words could be made out" He shrugs, apparently not very concerned.

"Jack, I am surprised you don't know the use of Disciplines is impossible while riding a mortal's body. The vampire in question would be vulnerable in both his forms, therefore he is extremely unlikely to do anything like you suggest" An elder Kindred, taking that kind of risk? No, not possible.

"However, the chlorine dust idea has some merit - if we could pump something mildly irritable into the upper levels, have the prisoners temporarily moved, the Malocusian would be devoid of readily available food. Even a couple of nights of necessary cleaning would put pressure on them"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I was only unaware if the Malocusian had somehow been able to overcome that vulnerability." He pops the cap from the tube and rolls out the map for Thomas and Derek to see.

Pointing at the appropriate sections of the map, "Only one known entrance. If they think their body is safe in the heart of the maze and the meeting is held in front of the only known entrance then they might think they're safe. Starving him out could be an option, though that is a significant undertaking that would likely draw media attention to a currently quiet problem. Other options were discussed like commanding a pack of dogs, but the Prince wasn't terribly keen on the idea. It doesn't put anyone's lives at risk but it could also cause the spider to withdraw or increase their defensive position. We're blind once we get past the second gate. Any other ideas or questions before I shoot a summary of other information we may need?"

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

The visual description Thomas describes has Derek listening curiously. "A broom? A janitor maybe? And a key? Perhaps a service entrance or elevator? Mm, but then that would appear on the map, wouldn't it..." It is difficult to take such supernatural data as reliable, but every lead should be pursued.

Derek peers over the map as he unfolds it.

"Well, concerning the irritants, are we even able to get our hands on any actual chemical agents? Staging a gas leak or something of that nature to keep the Kine busy has tremendous appeal. Though if we fail to subdue the ancient thereafter then it will only bring more attention and investigation by their authorities, preventing our long-term presence," he says to Jack. "If stealth and frontal assaults are not an option then whatever tools we choose will provide the greatest advantage."

Turning back to Thomas, Derek asks, "Would removing the Vitae from the walls of the lair have any affect, do you think? Could we flood the lower levels somehow? I could check with some contacts regarding local water mains."

T
    Thomas Boyle

"If the map is complete" He responds to Derek's musings on his vision "At this point I wouldn't trust Mr. Uther and his cohorts with the time of night" Because they are either stupid or deceitful, read: lethal until proven otherwise.

"I wouldn't worry too much about getting the ingredients. I have some cursory scientific training, certainly cooking something harmless but disruptive would not be beyond my skill. Quantity could be an issue, but it's all a matter of buying something stronger to water it down afterwards" Certainly the Invictus piggy-bank could be persuaded to give up some of its green stuffing for that? "The media attention would be a valid concern - if I didn't have my ins to most of the local editorial boards that actually matter in Sacramento. Combined with Keeper Wood's allies in both the PD and the City Hall, it's entirely doable to create a window of opportunity. In any case, the Circle is always ready to keep the Domain safe" Go places. Meet people. Put other people in the ground if need be "If sending in animal scouts is not an option, then perhaps a simple synthetic drone, operated remotely? Maybe, if we send enough, the Malocusian will spend the precious resources on trying to defend themselves from a staged attack, leaving them even less defended against the real intrusion? We could bill Kindred from Folsom for the necessary spending afterwards"

The Lord shakes his head at the Shadow's inquiry "Unfortunately no. Once the investiture is done, the haven is marked forever - it's more about the mystic power of Vitae than the actual liquid"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Armed with Thomas' comprehensive details about the bloodline, Jacque takes the time to re-review the map for anything that could be advantageous to their goal.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-24 22:46:48 Jacque rolls 8 to review the map (Int+Inv+EQ) (10 Again) 6, 6, 1, 1, 8, 5, 8, 2 2 successes

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

It's a shame about the Vitae, but still worth asking, thinks Derek as he ponders further.

"I have resources I can contribute," offers Derek without blinking an eye. "And I believe it will be worth every penny. Though my chemistry skills are unfortunately quite minimal. I usually stick to computer science. Which...may be more of use if we go with the synthetic drone approach?" He looks back and forth between the two gentlemen curiously.

"So a temporary media blackout, chemicals to remove Kine interference, and remote operated drones? But we're still lacking bait or lure. A drone with a package perhaps?"

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.