Watch

Adagio for Springs

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Heck. Adorable.

"We're going to find her" Or what remains of her. In any case he's tired of proving the Pope is a Catholic over and over.

The thorns and barbs in Titania's words were noted, but unlike her belated appearance they couldn't go unanswered "The Wyrd, as far as I understand it, is primarily concerned with having a Seasonal representative. The crown manifests when an individual is recognized as Monarch by the Courtiers, not the other way around, and even then it's unlikely to appear before the onset of Spring" They neared the height of Summer's power, and with Rich' individual Mantle so strong it's likely he'll take all the cake. Even with the numbers, Spring would likely give way. "And I already made my thought on Monarchs that think they get to be reclusive known" Pity she wasn't there to hear them.

"Don't you play rational with me" He says to the Mother Talons, his tone flat. It seems the mask he's donned holds, for now "How long would it take for you to accept reality for what it is and not what you want it to be? A month? A year? A decade? That's how people work, Freya - they hold on to hope" And their grip becomes ever more desperate as the hope slips and melts "In the meantime, we are stuck in a limbo. Besides, what difference does it make if we elect a new Monarch, and then, when we find Ingrid in good health, pass leadership on again? The crown is not a lifelong commitment, it's a flexible instrument"

But one other thing needed to be said to the avian Beast.

"I'd also like to ask you with all the kindness I can muster to not put words - or other things - in my mouth. I don't believe we've reached quite that level of familiarity, have we?"

So, Seraphina doesn't want the Crown, but... she wants to do the duties associated with the Crown. That makes very little sense to the knight-errant.

"If I was unable or unwilling to set people on edge, I'd be out of job years ago" He smiles at the Joyeux "I'd also like to point out that the only one allowed to speak on behalf of the Court as a whole is the Vernal Sovereign or their Sylvan Emissary. Any other person would be a... what was the word?" He looks to Freya for a moment "Ah, right. Pretender" Another smile, as the Flowering leans back in his chair "You either get the whole deal or you get none of it" And that was that. The seat was not a supermarket, one does not get to pick and choose what suits them.

"So where would you start, Detective Seraphina? Do you have any leads?" If the previous conversations are anything to go by there will be none, or very few, and to underscore it was rather the point "And if you all would entertain me with an answer: what, to you, makes the Courts the protection we know them to be?" He looks to all the women in the room.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie fished around in her box of Fruit Loops while the others spoke. Where was the toy surprise? Did someone else already take it? What a rip. She looked up from the cereal and around at her fellow Emeralds. "Doesn't the Wyrd itself have a say in the matter? It's not, like, just holding the crown and waiting for us to vote. Doesn't it sometimes just grant the crown to an unexpected head? Or am I imagining those stories?"

Setting the box down, she turned in her seat to look at Seraphina, "I get it. I wouldn't want the responsibility, either. But don't they say that the best leaders are the ones that don't want the job? Or that those who want the power shouldn't have it? I'm just saying I'd trust you with the crown, Sera." She snapped her fingers as she remembered something from a moment before. "Oh, can you check with Rhodes? He and the other monarchs have been working on a freehold pledge. Surely he's seen Ingrid recently!"

The Steepscrambler looked over to Abraham, her head tilted to one side, "The Courts protect us through the sharing of power. The Gentry can't grasp the idea of sharing anything. The court system confuses and scares them. It keeps them at bay."

She shrugged slightly, "We all get the importance, I think. We need the freehold to function properly with four monarchs. Spring is over now, though, and... hmmm... the season didn't go sideways. I think that's a sign Ingrid is still alive. If something happened to her and we literally didn't have a queen during our season, wouldn't things have gone haywire? Keepers at our doorstep kind of haywire?" Sonnie considered that for a moment. "It's summer now, so things are in King Price's hands. That buys us some time?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes Vincent liked this post

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

(Boost the Calm!)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a bestial glint to the Mother's features as feathers stood on end. The growing aggression was palpable, but then... fear. Clarity grasped at threads as, finally, Freya saw the core of Abraham's worry. It was more than simple politics. The Vernal Court needed more than a regent to remain relevant. Still, the Stalker was not a rational being and pushed Freya to further agitation. The Den Mother needed to regain control. It wasn't time for She-Who-Stalks to play. It was a time for gentler things.

Thus, Mother Talons closed her eyes and, with some visible effort, pushed the darker thoughts of herself down and out.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-29 21:25:37 Freya rolls 7 to Calm Yo'self Gurl (Res+Comp+WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 6, 7, 8, 6, 10, 7, 1, 8 4 successes

After a moment she breathed and considered the group again, her expression calm and accepting.

"Hope is what got some of us through to the other side, but... I see your point. Hope can turn to desperation,"
    she said as Abraham spoke, "I didn't put words in your mouth. I simply called it as I saw it, and... maybe I was wrong. If you think that interpretation is wrong because we lack familiarity then here. We can talk another day."

A business card with Freya's details was tossed on the table. Was it the best he was going to get in terms of apology? Probably. For now at least.

A smile was offered to Sonnie as she, again, spoke sense. And again she noted Sonnie's comment of the construction of an Oath and the meetings of the Monarch. She spoke of some of the concerns that Freya shared in a far better way than the Hunterheart could. Sonnie seemed to agree with Abraham to a point.

"Your place on the throne doesn't have to be permanent, Joyeux, but... Abraham is right, even if I disagree with his method of saying it. Until Ingrid's condition is known, we need someone to weather her duties in her place and you are the most qualified," she said, grimacing a bit as she admitted her failings in interpreting Abe's intentions. The Den Mother was a stubborn Beast, but she was willing to admit her emotions got the better of her. Eventually. "Once we know what's going on, we can convene again to discuss it all further."

Glancing her shoulder at the Knight-Errant with whom she had verbally sparred, she'd continue, "I'd prefer it to the alternative, but I'm only speaking for myself."

Looking back to Sera her expression softened.

"I'll abide by whatever consensus is reached, so long as it's genuine,"
    the Beast says, her tone assuring, "For now, I've heard enough. And... it's best for me to separate myself from the issue lest my nature become too aggressive."

And with that, Mother Talons left. She'd have to meet with Abe at some point to see if they could smooth things over, but not tonight. Tonight, the harpy woman would leave him to his path just as she took to hers.

Freya leaves the scene
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

5. Likes Vincent, Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

(Fairest Blessing)Glamour 2 Spent
    FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Curious, curious", she says aloud. Freya's departure - and what it implicitly discounted - didn't surprise her.
    "I apologize Sir. Abraham. Didn't you introduce yourself as a Knight Errant? If so, I find it curious that you'd rather keep the Queen's seat warm and convene a meeting to question us Ladies with your ungenerous sarcasm, than track your Queen, which I assume would be a task that would fall well within the boundaries of your expertise. As I've witnessed firsthand, you can run fast", two could play the game.
    "Alas, as you've so egregiously put it. The Wyrd has its rhythms, and the Crown won't manifest for another year. It should provide us with ample opportunity to seek Queen Ingrid or - at the worst - reorganize", she paused for a second, "Mutual support, the peculiar redistribution of power. Those are the essence of the protection bestowed on us by the Courts system. Speaking of the issue of succession without having first assessed our compatriot's well being or before the mourning period, appears to me as a breach of that pledge. So for future reference, please refrain from illegitimately occupying that seat just to elicit a reaction. It's a villainous violation of our consent and a most indelicate performance, given the presumed disappearance of our companion", if there was something she hated it was "mansplaining", the American word for paternalism.
    "May I suggest wearing brighter colors and a cap and bells for the next sketch? That would likewise attract our attention, elicit our reactions, prompt a discussion and provide to be a much more entertaining spectacle. Far more respectful, given the circumstances", she finished with a smile.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-30 07:40:18 Titania rolls 16 to Persuasion (Pre + Per + Spec + SL4 + Fairest Blessing + Mantle) (10 Again) 9, 1, 4, 3, 5, 8, 5, 7, 7, 7, 10, 8, 7, 3, 4, 1, 8 5 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

7. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sighing, “There is nothing wrong with someone being reclusive. She was there when we needed her, never questioning it. And with how small our Court and Freehold are, I don’t see the harm.” What was the big deal?

“There is nothing wrong with holding onto Hope. It improves our mental health and helps us stay positive in even the most dire of situations. But it doesn’t blind us to danger, or make us blindly expect the positive. It doesn’t make people naïve or foolish. Our lives are hard, harder than anyone elses, and having hope makes it more manageable.” Hope was invaluable.

She was no leader, never had been. But her Court needed someone, and they had pointed to her. Could she do this until Ingrid was found?

“Fine. If you want to make it all or nothing, which doesn’t sit well with me let me add. I’ll step up, take on the whole responsibility until we can either fine Ingrid, or the Season selects another.” Was this a mistake?

An eyebrow was raised, “Well, if I get to be a detective, I want a cute hat.” Cause of course. “And I would start with her business. I would also ask King Richard, the Dread Lord and the Winter Monarch, they were discussing a Freehold Oath together. Perhaps she said something, or they noticed something. I don’t know where she lived, she never said anything.” And she never asked. “But I do believe going forward, we need to have a system in place or something for checking on each other.”

Looking to Sonnie, “Not always. Generally, the crown manifests on who the Court selects. There have been stories of crowns appearing during the off season in Freeholds with an exceptionally large Court presence.” Least she had heard.

Smiling softly to the Beast, “Thank you.” And she meant it. “I’ll give him a call, ask about the meeting they all had. See if anything happened, or if anything stands out to him.” But seems like he would have said something by now.

“Well, I think we would have seen signs. The Tavern was built by her, with the aide of us, but mostly by her. It still stands. But I would have expected to see some sign.”
    Though, she could be wrong.

She nods to Freya, her words wise and heard. They could discuss it again once they figured out Ingrid.

“It will always be genuine.”
    Her voice soft. Though she hated to see her leave. It always felt safer with her near.

Then came the barbs from Titania. Which she never saw coming, but they were good.

“Titania speaks wisely. We should be looking for Ingrid. Once we have answers, we can move forward.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

"Sharing of power and mutual support is present in many mundane communities. AA groups. Political parties. Families. And yet, somehow the Gentry doesn't seem to care" He responds to Titania and Sonnie's answers. Most of the rest wasn't directed at him anyway, so there's no point in adding to the noise "You're onto something, but not quite there. The Seasons help, because at their core lie four emotions of resistance: Desire, Wrath, Fear and Sorrow, those are the emotions of our deepest selves, something that - when studied, when known - gives us knowledge of ourselves. With that knowledge comes freedom the likes of which They can never claim"

So, Freya left? Abraham doesn't stop her - she is right, they've reached an impasse, any further words now would be less than the air that carries them. He does pocket the calling card, though. It'll come in handy soon.

"But how do we gain that knowledge? With books? No. It's the Monarchs, the exemplars of our Seasons that guide us on this path. I don't deny Ingrid was there when she was needed. She swung a Contract at the appropriate moment. She found the right word. She shared her knowledge. That is the job of an Archivist. Or a Claviger. Or an Advocate. Not Queen" Not that he had anything against the Darkling, she seemed kind and capable, but the role of a crown-holder is unique, not suited for all.

"That is why I'm pushing for someone to take charge. Not because I need someone to mediate if people shit in my cereal. Because without a Monarch we are vulnerable, on a very real level" He makes a noticeable irritated grimace when Sera speaks of 'him' wanting to make it all-or-nothing. It was never about him, or any single person here, can't they see it? Still, the Nix accepts, and the knight-errant relaxes. His move paid off "But I see that's past us now" And with that, the knight rises, allowing Seraphina to claim the place at the top. The Flowering himself? Leans on one of the other chairs, but stands - the adrenaline not quite dispersed in the Fairest made for movement, not posing.

"Your orders, Queen Seraphina?" There's a barely noticeable ring to his words. Pride? Relief?

Too bad Abraham's vicious side cannot let Titania's insult slide.

"Oh, and Titania?" He says, looking at the Bright One "He who wears bells is a jester. She who sees jokes where there are none spoken is just a fool"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie waved as Freya departed, the bestial part of her glad that the fearsome predator had backed down. It was getting unnerving.

"Except the Gentry don't care about mortal organizations. We're the ones that interest them. If humans are cattle to them, we're the prize bulls. Or whatever the rancher analogy would be,"
    she said off-handedly, wondering why she bothered when Abraham already had his mind set. Sonnie picked up the cereal box again and ate some.

She sorted through more of the breakfast foods on display, instinctively grabbing a banana. Her mouth was full of Fruit Loops when the Flower Knight gave his line about shitting in cereal, and rolled her eyes at the man.

He did that on purpose!

Shush. This is serious time.

Let's bite him!

No.

But he--

Not the point.

She dropped her ire quickly, however, as the Treasured accepted the Spring Crown, if only in an acting capacity. Smiling, the monkey swallowed her cereal and stood up on her chair, curtsying to Seraphina. "Your Awesome Majesty. Don't worry, once we get into contact with Ingrid, this'll all blow over and you can go back to being Sacramento's Best Barista!"

I hope.

Sonnie glanced at Abraham and Titania sniping at each other and started peeling her banana. Queen Sera could deal with that. Or not.

Hee hee hee! Fight fight fight!
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A nod to Abraham, some of his words spoke to her. “There is also power in us supporting each other and our Court. Fighting and snipping at each other divides us, which does no one any good. We each have a difficult past, our own baggage we contend with every day. But we can draw support and understanding from each other.”

Then there was that. “When she became Queen, Spring was a Court of three. The Freehold was much smaller as a whole, and she did what the position required. What did you expect of her? To be overbearing? To abuse the position? Maybe it’s because I knew her longer, and have sat down and talked with her privately, but I think she did a fine job as Queen for such a small Court.” What did he want?

“But you are right,” she could admit that, “without someone in the position we are vulnerable, and we don’t need that. No one does.” When he rises from the chair at the head of the table, she doesn’t take it. She remains standing where she was, this wasn’t official, there was no crown on her head, and they had not looked for Ingrid yet.

Sighing, “We start making calls and asking the other Monarchs. They had a meeting with her, about the Freehold Oath, and they might know something. Then her office. There has to be some note, or clue as to where she is and what happened. I don’t believe we can search the Hedge safely without a starting point and a damn good reason.” It was dangerous to wonder around with a goal.

Seriously?

“Do we have to do this?” she says, looking from Titania to Abraham. “We have to focus as a Court to look for Ingrid. Whatever issue you two have, can it be put on hold? Or is this something that needs to be addressed and settled here and now?” she’d rather not. Ingrid was her main concern at the moment.

A smile was offered to Sonnie and the curtsy, “You don’t have to do that.” She says with a shake of her head. It just felt weird. “But thank you.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She acknowledges the informal passage of power. "Let me assure you Sir Knight that no jokes have been heard. Seen in flesh and bones, perhaps? But for one so quick to extol the virtues of authority, hierarchy and roles. You've without doubt overstepped your prerogatives and broken the ceremonial", she turns to Seraphina, "I will support your accession to the crown to the best of my capabilities. But yes, we have", she glosses over the Knight, "For we're ought to know whether Sir Abe's quickness of wits and predilection for dramatic and vulgar displays are matched by an equally quick amount of shifting loyalty".
    "So, what is a Court? An abstract concept independent of its members as long as every role can be fulfilled by an interchangeable actor, or an enclosure of individuals you're bound to?", her wisps suddenly surrounded her,"Now if you'll excuse me, I'll take my leave. This session was rather inelegant."
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

When the question of his expectations towards Ingrid is raised, Abraham answers simply "All due respect my Queen, I don't think there's any need for me to repeat myself. If I failed to make my expectations clear by now, then that's beyond my skill with words"

Perhaps contrary to his best interest, the Flowering pays only fleeting attention to Seraphina attempting to chastise him and Titania and bring them back to the matter at hand. The Telluric wants to play knights and dames? Abraham is happy to oblige.

"I must have missed the part when you are appointed to judge who did or didn't overstep the rules. You can hold any opinion you like, but speak another unfounded doubt as to my loyalty and we'll be finishing this discussion in a dueling ground" A threat? No. A promise. How's that for ceremonial?

The knight-errant doesn't move from his spot or announce his departure. He'll leave when the meeting is over, and it's over when the Queen says it is.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 24

You do not have permission to view the list of names.