Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1906) All along the Wall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

The serpent snarls, aware of his company before the Bishop himself. The malaise of the blood still was in his veins, but his complexion at the very least had livened up - in the sense that he was no longer a freshly dug up corpse. His head slowly swung to find the woman his beast had alerted him of. His blank face stared for a moment and taking her in. It was a contrast to the show that was playing out before them, but that was a different matter entirely. A grin crossed the Lord’s face finally - time was catching up with thoughts. Whomever Hanna was, she had his attention rather than the figure occupying the Court floor.

”Of course, it would be my pleasure.”

A new face begged the question however,

”I don’t believe we have me, Arturo Garcia, Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum.”

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"No, I don't believe we have," Hanna replied with a tiny shake of her head as her Beast was still shaking. The blonde ponytail swished slightly with the movement. "Trust me, you would've remembered." A joke, to break the ice? Maybe. Still meant it was true. "Hanna Kadlek, Crone." Whether she was saying she was of the Circle or simply a crone, who knew. Perhaps, both. She offered her right hand towards the Lord, the discolouration apparent despite the heavy tattooing.

"Have you been here long, Arturo?" Hanna asked, keenly interested. Quickly, however, she asked a second and then third query. "Or do you prefer Mr. Garcia, or Bishop Garcia?" Another shake of the head, another swish of the hair. "Sorry, still trying to avoid messing up on my first visit to Court."

Just keep smiling.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”If Hanna works for you, Arturo is fine. If you prefer more formality, Ms. Kadlek, then Bishop Garcia will fit. Either or work for myself.”

The grin stayed as he gave the women the two options, more formal or less - the answer was one which would paint the trajectory of the conversation going forward. His eyes lingered on her and her body language.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-11 02:29:11 Arturo Garcia rolls 4 to Sense Hanna's mood (Wits + Emp) (10 Again) 5, 4, 4, 6 failure

It was probably first Court jitters, especially if this was her first Court in Sacramento. Especially with the beast that had entered just before her. He couldn’t blame her.

”Roughly half a year now I would say, plenty of time to become established and have a few friendly faces that I can rely on here and there. Now, if you wouldn't consider it rude may I ask, Crone by trade or would you call yourself a card carrying member of the Circle?”

He had a history with the Crone outside of the Domain, and was curious if she was the type to tell fortunes and play witch, or if she was a full fledged member of the Circle he had dealt with.

”Furthermore, have you had the chance to become acknowledged within the the Domain yet?”

As lovely as she was, in both the looks and personality so far - he didn’t want spend the night divulging any unsavory information to someone not considered a full fledged member of the Domain. He was in no rush to shoo his company away though, they could always try to find Krieg or Vivian as the night went on.

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"Hanna works for me, Arturo," the Haunt replied, settling down next to the Bishop, starting to relax immediately. Crossing her legs, her eyes glanced back towards the Bitch who had entered Court as Hanna had been checking in her weapon. Still, she had to get it out of her head. Everything happens for a reason, right?

"Yeah, actual member of the Circle although, if I'm being completely honest, it hasn't been too long since I joined their heathen ways," she replied with a chuckle, making light of her faith. Of all the things she had learned since her Embrace, the Second Descent was the most important. It helped shape her path even after her sire had.....well, ever since That night.

"Nope, not yet," Hanna replied honestly. "Its on my to-do list. Last thing I need or indeed want is to find myself hunted down for not obeying the rules of the city. Perhaps you wouldn't mind introducing me to the right person? If it ain't too much trouble, that is."

A
    Arturo Garcia

Hanna, confirmed Crone - valuable information to have. If anything it would be interesting to see how she would interact with the local Circle, the eclectic bunch that they were. She was charming enough thus far, he had no doubt that she would blend in.

”Well let us see,” he motioned towards Mable as she went about her duties. ”Ms. Wood, the Keeper of her Majesty’s Elysium and member of the Circle. As for the head of the Circle, he appears to be missing from this evening's festivities, as is Mr. Boyle another esteemed member. As for acknowledgement, unless you count yourself amongst the Gangrel - which if that is the case, Mr. Prosper seems to be meandering about - then Seneschal York would be your woman.”

He motioned to both Prosper and then to Vivian, giving the newcomer the proper directions if she grew bored of his company.

”As for your heathen ways, is that what brought you here to Sacramento? I always find that this is an interesting place to end up. To be perfectly honest with you, I still don’t know why I stopped traveling when I landed here. It has a charm doesn’t it?”

He had a playful nature in his voice, a grin to compliment it - playing off of her energy. He had to top for a moment though, and laugh - a deep laugh from the belly that he had to lean back and let itself play out, and following it with a joyous sigh. Ellis Meadows had stolen the show for what he had done to Jacque and the whole court was witness.

”Apologies, Hanna - I couldn’t help myself with some of the other conversations buzzing around us.”

He literally could not help himself and felt bad for distracting from his conversation with the Hanna. It was warranted however.

H
    Hanna Kadlek

Hanna turned to look at towards the woman Arturo pointed out as being the Domain's Keeper, making a mental note that she was only other member of the Circle present tonight. So far at least, as far as the Bishop could notice in any event. The fact that it was small in numbers didn't really surprise her. Even back in LA, they were a small Covenant.

When it came to Clan, however, Hanna couldn't help but offer a laugh, her tone light but playful. Plenty of teeth in the smile that followed.

"Gangrel? My, my, do I look so savage? I'm afraid I am one of those sewer-dwelling monsters that simply hate these sort of social gatherings," she added with a wink, easing into her company. "No, no, L'il Miss Haunt, that's me." Holding up her tattooed hands, she extended her fingers so the cyanosis that seemed to affect her skin was more apparent to Arturo. "Girl like me just has to flaunt what she's got, right?"

Then came the laugh, aimed elsewhere in the Court. Something that Hanna had missed and she quickly tried to playback what was going on around her but not able to. She'd been too focused on what was in front of her. A mistake in a new city.

"Don't worry yourself, Arturo. I'm new and there's so much to take in. To answer you question, Sacramento was close enough to LA to warrant a single journey in a night but far enough away for something, well, new. Make sense?"

A
    Arturo Garcia

Nosferatu, not many of them in the Domain as Arturo had seen. As she offered a glimpse of her fingers, and at this point he shifted towards her, opening up his body language as he examined the tint of the blue. Quite the interesting condition and not one he envied. As for her reasons for making it to Sacramento they were wholly practical…

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-12 13:12:58 Arturo Garcia rolls 4 to Detect if Hanna's move is that simple (Wits + Emp) (10 Again) 5, 9, 1, 7 1 success

Or was there something hidden in that smokey voice…

The conversation would continue nonetheless.

”An easier series of jumps than what I made. I found myself coming to Sacramento from South of the border. Started through Texas myself, but found the taste too similar to what I had grown tired of. A quick flight to Nevada and some nights there determined I wasn’t a real fan of the landscape so California was the next choice.”

He offered a small shrug as he smiled.

”I had no desire to make the trek down as far as Los Angeles, and really thought Sacramento would be more of a pit stop than a permanent home. I had envisioned something more like a Seattle when I started moving around. This place has a magnetism to it, and I am sure you will find something to entertain yourself. I keep hoping something will jump up at me, but between getting settled and business I find the nights especially short in the summer.”

A chuckle was added.

”What would you consider ‘fun’, Hanna - I am in the market for hobbies, and think I may have fallen out of touch with what is trendy these days.”

She had the look that screamed hip - or at least More hip than Arturo.

H
    Hanna Kadlek

To the Bishop's understanding of body language, Hanna was as honest as the day night was long, and as open as a 7-Eleven. Thing with lying is that you had to remember the lie.

"Wow, that sounds like one hell of a trek. Must've seen some sights, right?"

Hanna was truly interested. People were people, and that meant one of two things. Stories, and/or blood.

"Born, lived, Embraced all in Cali. I've never been out of the state, truth be told, never felt the need to. Sure, the night's are shorter here, as you've pointed out, but the nights....sweetheart, the nights are simply delicious. I mean whatever you want, happens in the awesome California nights."

Blue-tinged fingers steepled in brief thought as she considered what to say. "Hobbies? Me, I love music, the heavier the better. That was my dream growing up, rock singer. Tried to make it in Hollywood, ended up dead," she chuckled. "Still, can't complain. Now, I get longer to appreciate the genre as it develops. Hopefully," the Haunt adds with a twinkle. "If you're interested, I'll be more than happy to take you to a gig or two?"

A
    Arturo Garcia

”You know, count me in. Normally I do not find myself getting out, but coming here was a chance to try something different so what do I have to lose?”

He offered a sly smile as she made the offer to let him into her world. While he may end up sticking out like a sore thumb in the end there was nothing earned from lurking and doing nothing.

”If you haven’t left the State however, have you at least explored it to its fullest? Even before I came to Sacramento I had been up and down Mexico several times. Cities, Jungles, Deserts, Pyramids, opulence, and poverty - a wealth of different landscapes. Though I will add that I have only ever been one place truly magical and that was Columbia - the world is different there, and I can’t recall if I was there for a week, a month, or a hundred years really.”

He laughed and shrugged the comment off, enjoying speaking of his more lighthearted experiences, a sense of openness he did not normally have the chance to express.

”And at least out of all the types of dead one can end up in Hollywood, thankfully yours is the own you can wake up from each evening.”

He offered a wink alongside his smile,

H
    Hanna Kadlek

Showing genuine delight as Arturo accepted her offer, Hanna clapped her hands together in quick succession a few times in real excitement. "Oh, you are going to love it!" she added, beaming widely, the heavy lipstick not quite covering all of the blue tinge around the edges of her mouth. "Not sure if you know it but you've helped me out here. I've not a chance to check out Sac's night life yet so this'll be great!"

"Apart from the urban areas, oh, and a couple of vacations to Huntingdon Beach, no, not really. Jungles and deserts sound too exotic for me, Arturo," Hanna chuckled, placing her hands down from her face but still in view. "Columbia, ain't that where Pablo Escobar was from? I watched the show on Netflix, seems like a dangerous place." She cocked her head at one comment though, obviously intrigued. "A hundred years? You don't look a day over forty!"

Banter? So early in the evening? Why not.

"Hollywood is its own monster," the Haunt replied, her voice lowering slightly. "It drags you in and forces you down. You don't live there, you survive." A moments pause as Hanna allowed old memories to fade and listen to the buzz of the room flow around her. Finally, she seemed to focus once again on the Bishop, the smile returning just as it had dropped. "Hey, any chance you could introduce me to someone so I can get acknowledged please? I can already see myself losing track of time in your wonderful company."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.