(1906) Edward and Twist

THREADID

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Shit. Edward felt blood rush to his face. Fuck. Amazing how fast a night could turn, embarrassment layering with the still rancours cries of the Beast. "I-I apologize, yes it seems clear I need a touch of help." Why? Why would you say that?

Nothing like embarrassment taking the wheel, that had to stop, if only he had that serenity his Sire carried with him. The utter unflappability. The thought brought Edward some measure of vicarious calm. He would not backpedal, he would let his mistakes stand. There was no better option.

"Please excuse my manners ma'am, I am Edward Heinrich of Clan Daeva and the First Estate. I am hoping to handle my Acknowledgement tonight, should I be speaking with you or different Court Offical?" Too brusque in hindsight, but that was hard to avoid with blood pounding in the ears. He just hoped they weren't red.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist lifted a hand, accepting and dismissing his apology in a single gesture.

It had been the wrong title, true. But at least it wasn't an offensive one. There was no need to rake him over the coals. Especially when with his introduction it became clear that he was new to the city as well as doubly hers.

"A pleasure to meet you Mr. Heinrich. As you already know, I am Twist of the Daeva clan. Additionally I have the honor of being Sacramento's Judex as well as her Highness' Hound." Twist's lips curved up in an almost grin at the fact that they shared both clan and covenant. Or maybe it was at the fact that she was Hound.

"I will be more than happy to assist in getting you acknowledged," glancing across the room she spotted Vivian York in conversation at the moment. "First though, perhaps you can tell me more of what brings you to our city?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes White liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

It pained him to have his apology dismissed, he felt the gap in social grace so strongly with nothing but a wave. At least he was in good hands if the titles were evidence.

"Certainly madam Hound," Domain business, domain title, "my Sire had plans for my future I was not amenable too, we decided it was best to bow out of his domain." Edward stretched out the "we," making it clear it was the "we decided to break up" kind of "we."

"That was in Calgary." He offered as an afterthought, "I am looking for a place to settle for the indeterminate future, and some good friends of mine from before live here. I have no other reasons." Delivering the pre-canned speech gave both Man and Beast the much-needed half minute to let their earlier flashes of emotion leave. Edward almost looked calm.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Calgary. Not a place she was familiar with. But it wasn't on Sacramento's border so she wasn't going to fret the geographical placement overly much.

As for his reason for coming, well- it wasn't an uncommon one.

And almost most importantly... he spoke plainly. Not that her inquiries had been difficult to do with such, but still some managed...

"I see. Well, I presume that the parting was amenable? Or at least not one that will become a long distance affair?" Calgary might not be a close neighbor, but some Kindred did not care about distance when it came to their childe.

The sound of raised voices... well, one, behind her had her glancing briefly over. Seeing those responsible she resisted the urge to make a face. Which ended up not being difficult as she Steven entered.

An eyebrow raised as she watched the show of an entrance, and a small smile creased across her features. She could appreciate her style. Though she definitely did not appreciate the rush of her Beast at the woman's. It was with a small effort that she kept her smile pleasant and lacking fang as she turned back to Edward.

"I do believe that you may not be the only one of the family to make their first appearance tonight. Shall we go and say hello before we visit the Seneschal to complete your acknowledgment?"

6. Likes White liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

He gave a small smile, "He would find such a relationship distasteful."

Court churned. The two quarrellers were increasing in volume and when the Elysium itself was called upon, and the other fled, he could not help but turn slightly with a narrow-eyed glance, a sneer curling at the edges of his lips. An unwise part of himself was going to make an unwise comment, but the arrival of particularly powerful newcomers yanked on his Beast. For a moment, a too long moment, Edward stood still, eyes closed, wrestling with something unseen and familiar.

He turned back to Twist, the small smile again on his lips, "it would be my pleasure, your grace." He offered an arm, eyes forward — already studying the newest Kindred to make a scene — in case she should decide not to take it.

Now, this was more like it.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nodded, the answer satisfying. "I am sorry for your loss on the relationship, but glad to hear that there will be no trouble brought with you." It was perhaps a bit blunt, but it was the truth.

A small smile curled up one corner of Twist's lips and lightly she accepted his offered arm, allowing him to lead the way to the woman.

Twist returns to the main thread, presumably with Edward

9. Likes White liked this post
Closed Thread