THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

A smile snakes around the edge of the glass as he listens to her. She was so concerned about sounding weird when her interests were some of the most human he had heard in a while. "People will always twist words. It is the result of everyone having a different brain that has been shaped by vastly different experiences. With our company it is...worse," he says bluntly, "The work we do trains us to over-analyze and expect the worst in each other. We never escape that anxiety, and you might have noticed the older employees are just angrier. That is usually why we update a code of conduct and policy, so we have something to refer to when a novel issue presents itself. Most will want to de-escalate and coexist in a healthier environment so they can just do their jobs. We all eventually end up with that boss that HR cannot do anything about, so you play a power game to shield yourself and your coworkers," he offered a small shrug. Prosper was used to far worse than Sacramento when it came to Kindred with different opinions. He was born and bred to hammer out solutions when dealing with the monsters so old they don't remember their soul, or the traumatized bitter ones always jockeying for a higher seat to please an invisible taint in their past. That was just how it goes. But one could still find their fun in strange situations. "We are all still here, so, that is a win. Lots of time to figure things out as tempers cool." Or don't. Here was hoping the former.

"You fight? No, sorry, wrong question. You are an athlete?" the Gangrel grinned at the small woman, imagining her taking down an unsuspecting Kine. It hit a specific beat for his own unassuming posture. "And honestly, media is how it is possible for everyone around the world to learn an explore," he tilts his head, "the next step is just being aware of who is directing the lens. Culture dictates the narrative, just as you have experienced with others misunderstanding you."

He nods at her question on hobbies, "Time in the bush. I sometimes take small hunting trips, but not for long if I cannot drag someone out with me. Feels unnatural to be by myself, like I have done something wrong to not warrant support. In the city I party a lot, but, usually we find something strange to do. Trespassing, geocaching, finding hidden places, pranking people..." he trails off a bit. "When you keep repeating things, it is the small novel moments that stand out. I am not very creative though, I leave it up to the people I meet and get dragged along on the trip. Shrooms help," he grins.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She nodded in agreement about management issues. "I'll keep doing what I do. Eventually it will all work out one way or another. I am aiming for a healthy working environment. New position is taking some getting used to, but I feel like I am learning on the job."

"I am VERY athletic. I prefer to do athletic types of activities then using my brain power. And I do fight, in the ring. I like to box. Which actually combines physical and mental working together."

Another nod, "Yes, the lens. I need to be more aware of the perspective both on TV and in everyday interactions. And that lens can shift depending on what the individual wants to see. I need to watch out for that more, for sure.

"You enjoy hunting? If so, I would love to get a hunting group together soon. Very soon. I have wild boars ruining my fields. I would love help with that, probably safer than doing it myself."

"Pranking people? Should I start watching out for that?"
    Mable chuckles. "Geocaching, I do know about that. I have found containers before in the woods and researched it. Looks like fun. I also always thought a great way to exchange secret information through the log books and online posts." She waggled her eyebrows.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper snorts, "Boars? Sure. I can just get rid of them, but that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?" He blinked slowly as he realized they had polished off the bottle. Then he grinned, remembering Mable prodding the Nosferatu when he went out into the bush last time. "Do you remember when I was at the farm? What was that about? Both of you seemed so convinced a deer would maul me. I go out all the time...it gives me an excuse to get out, or else I start getting grumpy with others," he laughs. Stalking wasn't a healthy outlet. "It keeps my skills sharp, and allows me to pick up new ones."

At her own laughter, he wondered if she would appreciate Garrett's sense of humour. Thinking what he had pulled on Garcia, and the other deadly situations he placed himself in, likely not. Instead he just smirked. "I did not realize how it could be fun when your life was not depending on it!" he responded. "Ki- people find some bizarre places, and I like the snapshot of why they found it significant and what sort of message they leave. It is a bit of a puzzle in its own right."

He thinks on her own list of hobbies, "So what changed your mind, exactly? You work to stop destruction and come from isolation, and yet most of your interests seem to revolve around being in people's faces, so to speak."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ya, I could just get rid of them myself. But maybe a good group activity? I think we could use that."

"You don't know how dangerous my deer are." Mable laughed again. "For me it was just the stress and excitement of the day. It had me tweaking out a bit. I was afraid you would get lost, I guess." She left out the part where she wanted to know how long he would be gone.

His smirk made her smile. Probably better that she didn't know what he was thinking. "They do find weird places sometimes. I like going for the walks by myself, it's relaxing. Then finding the caches is a bonus to keep me motivated. As for my other hobbies, they all give me an opportunity to be alone and with others. Somethings allow me to get lost in a crowd. Plus a girl has to eat and cooking for one gets tiring."

She ran a hand through her hair as she considered the question, "Moving here though, I guess I needed more meaning to my life. I needed to make a difference. Though, I do wonder if I have made a mistake. Being around so many others is harder than I thought. When I first arrived, I was a bit more combative. But I am learning, adapting, and trying."

"By the way... you are one to speak about getting into other's faces."
    She sticks her tongue out at him. "This has been nice. It's been good to get away from... well everything."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper flashed a smile, "You are on the right track it seems. You have staked out a territory and found your people," the Taifa could relate to finding a pack, though he was curious if the area was actually benefiting her, or holding her back from what he had initially walked into. "Does the land you stake your claim in hold any specific significance for you?"

At her quip, he snorted dismissively, "You know if I was just all talk, someone would have killed me by now." He cocked his head, grinning, "Sacramento in general has been...low stakes. It is funny despite all the annoyances, they have just been precisely that. Verbal disagreements are fleeting moments. It might have been the time I needed to realign my priorities."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do have a special area of land. It's near and dear to my heart." She smiles when she thinks about her grove. "But in general this area holds no real value for me." She thought a moment, "I'm not sure that anything is particularly tying me here. I have made some great contacts and have been of help here but I'm not so sure that I have particularly benefited by being in this area."

"Realigned priorities? That sounds pretty heavy. Anything you want to talk through?" She momentarily forgets that vampires don't trust other vampires. All that comes out is her concern.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett leaned back in his chair as he crossed his legs, looking at the distant patrons under the soft lighting. The surroundings limited his word choice, but maybe that just made it easier to grasp. "I went through a period of isolation, working, but not with any peers? When I reconnected with other employees, I did not expect much beyond just the alleviation of ennui. I actually got quite the opposite, where these interactions seem to be pulling out the worst in me," he laughs, "I never considered myself competitive, just things keep happening where I cannot sit down and keep my mouth shut. It is going to get me fired, unless I start getting hostile with how many shares I hold and buy out the company. However, I have no wish in triggering such anxiety in a work environment, so I was considering moving locations with the skills I have picked up in the chaos. There my skills can be of use, rather than held back by management scared I am going to make them look bad."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh? OH!, Mable's thoughts started running wild. Garrett was in the same head space as others she had recently spoken with. She brought her hand up to her face covering her mouth briefly in an echo of her more human movements. "Wow." "Umm, well, yes. Umm. People in my department were just discussing some management issues the other day. And, yep. The conclusion was something needed to be done. I'm still not sure what my ahhh room mate thought he was going to do about it. Perhaps try to find someone willing to buy out the company? I, in my obvious lack of business knowledge, still help out hope that things could be resolved in a different way. My main concern is not dividing the company if it can be helped. But also knowing things need to be improved in order to not cause a divide anyway."

Mable shifted a bit in her seat as she thought further about things. "You do know there are some of us who would like you to continue on with the company. I believe you could be a great assistance here. But I understand. We may need a mini team meeting to figure a few things out. Perhaps some team building in general would be helpful?" Mable really wished the domain ran like a business, that she could understand. SOP's, bylaws, departments, meetings. All that was familiar to her with the forestry department. Instead she gets cranky pants, over sensitive, short tempered, and inconsistent monsters. A preschool was easier to deal with most days.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper smiled at Mable, "I get that. I might not have a few months ago, but I get that now," he admitted. "Thing is, I do not have the ties to the location that the rest of you seem to have. I have secure a place any time, anywhere I want, really, as long as management is willing to accommodate the transfer. I came here to try something." Okay, maybe keep his head down in a lax city, but that didn't work out.

"I earned some key experience that has helped me. You have helped me, in ways you probably do not realize. I have made advancements in areas I care about, I have just hit a glass ceiling, so to speak, now that I have a read on the local population. This city is not good for 'Cap either, or even our angry Mexican friend. Just because the work environment does not work for some, does not mean it won't work for another," he explained. "But I am talking in circles. Was there anything you wanted from me before I put in for this transfer?"

Good to wrap soon!

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm glad I have helped you." Mable thought for a few minutes. "Who will lead your department? Do you think 'Cap wants it? I'm sure Atticus doesn't want it he has his own stuff he is working on. If not I can take back the position. Perhaps we can discuss this at our little mini department team building activity?"

Good to wrap when you are

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread