THREADID

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Vivian York
    Derek only ventures a few steps to lead the reputable Daeva to a space to speak, knowing full well that sound would carry to the ears of any Kindred within Court this evening.

"How are you, Seneschal? Everything transpiring during your nights to your, uh, liking?" If there were a purpose to Derek's wish to speak with her, it seems buried in cordial pleasantries. Though he still seems nervous in his slender black suit.

V
    Vivian York

She had been keeping an eye on things around the Elysia and saw Twist 's catching her attention. Vivian gave her the 'a few moments' hand gesture with a nod.

Her attention was focused on Derek's questions. "Well, there are plenty of things I'd like to do, but duty calls. I've attended some small fundraisers around Sacramento. Which at this time of year, entails me showing up, with a scarf over my head and dropping in a wad of cash right before they're entirely packed up for the evening." The Daeva chortled softly.

"Other than that, nothing particular." She smiled and gestured her hand to him. "How about you, Mr. Mitnick, what are your nights turning out well?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Oh, uh, well, since been appointed Deputy I've been giving the security of the Domain a lot of thought. And some computer maintenance. Nothing glamorous really," answers Derek. "So I was hoping to get some insight into any concerns of the Domain's most prominent figures, like yourself. But I understand if you have other matters to attend to this evening. Perhaps you wouldn't mind my speaking with you outside of Court sometime."

He rubs his wrists nervously, still feeling the weight of her predatory proximity against him. And him being so awkward beside the glowing socialite, the contrast could only be all too apparent.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian liked when people took initiative without being told to do so. So her eyes were bright when he spoke and she nodded excitedly. "Currently, most of our records are hard copies, in a vault and in files. Thankfully some woman named Martha Villiers was an excellent record keeper, and very well organized. I've been trying to make sure our records have stayed up to date with Harpy Simmons notes and the lot. But, if your suggestion is to start putting those things to digital, that will require a more extensive meeting."

Vivian saw that she was being motioned again, and she really did want to speak to Derek more in depth, but it would have to wait. Nodding to Twist that she was wrapping things up.

"But, you're correct in that we should further discuss this in another meeting. I would really like to hear your thoughts about further security in the digital world, Mr. Mitnick. I should see what the Archon needs, and if I'm not mistaken, there are a few new faces in town."

My sincere apologies for the delay. Headaches and life suck sometimes.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

No worries, I've been out for the week myself

It is interesting to hear that the Domain even has a record keeping system in place and that the Seneschal is a figure involved with that. Derek interest seems perked.

"Certainly, Seneschal. And I thank you for your time. I will contact you soon." The new Deputy dips his head in a show of respect and does not raise any more issues that would require her to linger.

Derek returns to the main thread

Closed Thread