Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is a bitch ta polish," was Circe's instant response to silver, "But probably easier ta find then whatever Cold Iron is. Though lots of prayer beads are silver so maybe its the holy that works against spooks?" Circe decided to write that down.

Circe shook her head, "Not a fan of Ireland are ya? Apparently before Disney came along Tinker Bell was an evil soul stealin' shit that gave the devil a run fer his money. And hated iron, like Kryptonite levels. There are also lots of stories about demons laughin' off his from anythin' that ain't wrought iron," Circe taps a pen on her notebook. "Probably relates ta iron and the rise of civilization or that bronze bein' shit next ta iron or something like that."

That was a good explanation, and probably a source of some legends of invulnerable foes. Far better then telling him yes dude fairies are real and you want to get as much cold iron as you can carry if you meet a True Lord of the Fae. "But I've also heard stories about vampires where ya gotta stake 'em at a crossroad, chop their head off, and then torch the corpse. So there ya go," she shrugs having made a point about something. Well she felt she had made her point to Nathaniel.

As for the museums being ignorant that made Circe suspicious of them too. But she had to play the trusting mortal. So she held up a hand to stop and shook her head, "Not necessarily dude. Do ya really think some crackpot scientist is gonna be allowed to fuck with the Shroud of Turin ta check fer it bein' ECO of LECO? I think handcuffs would be more likely."

Circe pouted, full lips and sad eyes that juju was shot down. As for this whole finding and testing things, Circe could guarantee some magical items. Maybe a dried up piece of Goblin Fruit she'd found at a exotic fruit stand? Or a Hedgespun object that was harmless? Not like the mortal across from her could do anything with a magic item. "So make up a voodoo ritual and scan all the parts with a science lab?" She nods her head slowly, "Yeah that'd get expensive real fast. Might be easier ta find a cursed item since folks would want ta get rid of those. Or a," she makes air quotes, "Haunted house. Woooooh," she makes the appropriate ghost sounds and hand gestures.

That did give her some thoughts. Iron ore dust could actually be useful for messing with Them, maybe if mixed with an irritant? "Powder bombs?" Oops she said that out loud, "Yeah, just have like a ninja smoke bomb of all the stuff and maybe throw in some peppers too. Just in case," she left unsaid what it was in case of. "Blessings would probably work too. There's gotta be a reason why holy water is the go to for fightin' evil spirits in so many cultures. Or it could be the priests being holy," Circe looks to Nathaniel with a shrug, "I don't know dude."

Circe then gasps as something enters her mind. Or returns from the depths. When her mouth open next she was doing a Ron Perlman impersonation, "Holy water, garlic, white oak, silver shavings. The works," she laughs, "Oh ho ho, ta imitate that big red devil we'd probably need an elephant gun."

As for his offer, "That's good ta know man. I'll let some of my friends that're inta this stuff know. I'm a novice myself fer this juju jams," being Italian Circe is gesturing a plenty as she speaks. As for testing targets, how could she suggest that?

"Oh, hey not all legends are good, right?" She perks up as the thought occurs to her, "Cursed shit could be found on e-bay if somebody is anxious ta ditch it. Or somethin' used in a genocide might have enough nastiness ta leave a stain on it." Though she doubted it would be easy to find something like that outside a museum as most would have been destroyed. Or in some crazy idiot's shrine to said genocide.

Circe could get behind stealing from the latter. She then snaps her fingers, "Opposite! I'm pretty sure ya can by Vatican blessed rosaries. They'd be expensive but that kinda holiness should leave a trace."

ooc:IIRC RAW does state that a rosary blessed by the pope would be the kind of thing to give someone a bonus against ghosts but only if said person was themselves a believer. Hence why priests are better exorcists then bakers.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Seems like most of this stuff is usually a mix of practical and "Other" er... 'Juju' or whatever. Since we can't exactly measure the mystical-ness, we'll have to rely on the practical." Nathaniel knew the story of Silver. That the metal also had several real-world benefits and spiritual uses might have been a result of that story- or perhaps coincidence. But regardless- if the wolves' weakness had a story, it meant that 'Others' and their weaknesses might as well. In such a case, merely knowing that the weakness was effective might be information enough.

Then the suggestion of scanning a cursed object, or exploring a haunted house. Nathaniel thought for a second about bringing something minor- a Talen, perhaps, to scan- though he wasn't sure that would be a good idea. Especially if it worked and such objects did release something scannable. No, best to do that in private. But a haunted house...
    "I don't mind going to a haunted house, trying some ritual stuff. Though we're not that big right now- just you and two others, and I'm not sure if they're returning. Regardless, it sounds fun huh? We can host a stream or something, start a vlog."

Nathaniel wouldn't risk exposing Wolves and their talents, but with enough preparation it could be a safe tri- wait powder bombs?... Powder bombs.

That might have been genius, actually. Nathaniel wasn't very keen on using silver against his brethren- but wolfsbane was known to return werewolves back to human form. Ground wolfsbane with the appropriate spirit, then put into a powder bomb? It would ensure they'd be on a level playing field. And then the matter of Others. garlic salt, a powder substance (flour?) to make the invisible visible, and bits of other 'Voodoo' works? Combined with some peppers as an irritant...It might not be the most sporting way to fight- but Cunning was just as important to the Forsaken as Honor.

And the idea of turning a Pure in War Form into an itchy human covered in flour almost made the young pup laugh. Yes, this would need testing. Emily could help.
    "I'm more of a scholar, but I can do some crafting. Not good on the sciency stuff, but that's what YouTube is for right? If you want to get together to make these things, I'm all game." He'd have to infuse the wolf spirit in secret. And that Wolfsbane wasn't inherently toxic to the pup was another boon- no reason to be suspicious.... Hopefully she wasn't wealthy enough to buy silver shavings. He could say he was allergic?

"What was it you said earlier, about not trying to find the demon lair or whatever? Not sure if fiddling with heavy cursed stuff is a good idea. Also not sure we should trust random stuff online. Guess we have to test it on something though right?... I'll look into the history of this city. See if there's anywhere with a dark past we could explore that isn't too caught up in fame. As for the blessings of the church... Who knows? Last time I discussed whether Faith could ward off evil. Maybe there's something to it."

Maybe. The Wolves had plenty to follow- some even combined different faiths, though Nathaniel wasn't a follow of those doctrines.
    "Like I said, we can find a place and do some tests. It'll be fun!"

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe hums in thought. "Internet celebrity is what ya seek? Well I could certainly pull off the lovely assistant role. Though which way ya go with yer role means we'll need ta cast an Igor, announcer, or money wheel," she jests with the mortal. Then gets an idea. "Just in case the house is actually haunted with a badass spoke, we should plan fer that. Based on horror stories, we'd want, hmmm. Do ya have a chainsaw?" She points the pen at Nathaniel, "Make yer our own exit?" Paranoia thy name was Changeling.

If it was bad Circe had her own ways out but the mortals wouldn't. If she liked them she might even feel guilty for letting them get torn apart by a ghost. Though the Hedge might not be a mercy as this fragile, easily crippled mortal before her would likely be shredded by a Briar Wolf. And if these occult experts were nerds then she was sure they would geek out over a blue skinned, red eyed elfin woman. It could get annoying.

She smiles widely, "Fortunately fer you I am not just a hot piece of tail but a crafty one!" Circe leans towards Nathaniel and pokes her shirt's logo, "They're always assholes in the movies so gotta be prepared ta make the counter doomsday weapon. Right? Of course I'm right!" And powder bombs wouldn't be hard or illegal to make. They were a form of prank when harmless. Or just wanting to be malicious. "Think I saw one in a prank book. Oh!" She gives Nathaniel a thumbs up as she writes it down, "Like a ninja smoke bomb! And ya can even make ones fer defense against animals," she taps the side of her head with her free hand, "There's a reason its called pepper spray ya know."

Pepper and mint were old tricks for getting rid of tracking animals. Made sense that it could be used offensively to harm things.

Places with a dark past? "So like a mass murder, sex slave ring, or evil shit like that? So long as the joint ain't been torn down. Hmmm," sadly Circe didn't know there was a place connected to Changelings that did have a mass murder. As for the church that was just her old upbringing. "Well I'm Italian so the church is the first thing ta come ta my mind fer holy. We could even ask priests ta see if they know any bad juju joints. Whiiiiich might insult them," she makes the sign of the cross, "So I'm out on THAT. Newspapers instead."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle at the thought of the pup becoming some occult celebrity, and then his face went white actually imagining being famous. Yeah no, that... Uh... That wasn't for him. Not yet.

"Um I'm not sure about becoming famous... But I have no problem with a show? Granted I don't have a camera, and I'm nowhere near well-off enough to afford the right energy equipment" He was college-aged at a glimpse, and any bar he went into would (correctly) assume he wasn't allowed. His recent work as a mechanic/secretary (thanks to his sis) was bringing him enough money for a place, but nothing much beyond the basics.

"stiiiilll... Maybe we should give the whole ghost-hunting thing a private shot first, before we go on the net? As for an escape route... ummmmmm" as he was thinking she mentioned chainsaws. "That seems a bit noisy. But I get what you mean- Buddy system, and a blessed knife? And I suppose you can bring what you want to feel safe? I don't know what will come of it. But if you think a chainsaw will help, go for it!"

The lady's comments at being a game show assistant, and at being a hot... piece of tail.. Drew a raised eye. Oh sure, she was attractive- and there was something remarkable about her. Was she always this casual about such matters? In another lifetime, or as anyone else, the young pup might have returned the comments in the young and anxious manner he was normally accustomed. But right now?

"Doomsday preppers, Ninja Wannabes, Science Experiment Videos. Plenty of places to look- and since it's not explosive, shouldn't draw any attention, just a weird shopping cart and maybe a few busted pans? Good fun like you said. And if we use pepper, we can get dangerous animals and humans alike. Chili powder?" Chili powder, flour, wolfsbane, garlic salt. Hopefully the mixture would work in a smoke bomb.

The places she mentioned were pretty much ideal. But if ghosts and malicious entities were a thing... Probably best not to start with that much negative energy. Spirits took the form of malicious things sometimes- Vices and the like. Ghosts, demons?... That was just as possible.
    "Bound to be somewhere somewhat... Safer? Energy wise. Maybe start somewhere small, like a graveyard? Don't want to go straight to the vicious crimes- don't know what it'll attract. A graveyard's probably going to have ghosts, but not a lot of bad stuff? Hopefully. I'm just guessing here. Also it's in an open space, so an easier escape if the worst happens." And less chance of running into actual people.

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well excuse me," she frowned, "I don't have ready access ta teleporters, alien acid blood, or a unlicensed nuclear accelarator. Nor do I have the capacity ta run screamin' with a roh row Raggy," Circe actually did a decent impression of Don Messick's iconic cartoon dog, "and leave a silhouette hole outta the building. So I figure chainsaw. Or crowbar. Or whatever." It was hard to identify if she was pouting in earnest or not.

"Also I don't want ta be paired with ANYBODY wearing an ascot,"
    Circe mock shudders before getting a serious expression as she looks at Nathaniel. Her tone now wasn't jovial, "I mean it. I will sacrifice anyone wearing a neck loincloth ta any ghost or goblin we find."

As for the smoke pepper bombs, that got her in a better mood. She points at Nathaniel, "Exactly my point man! Ain't nothin' illegal there. Though I was thinking spicier then that. Cayenne, habanero, ghost peppers, ya know. Anythin' over a hunder k on the Scoville Scale will probably work."

After a second she adds this piece of wisdom. "Except on birds. They're immune ta capsaicin. So unlike humanity they eat peppers without pain. Humanity," she laughs, "Took one look at peppers and cried the challenge is accepted."

As for a graveyard that seemed fine. "Probably any placed haunted," she made air quotes, "That have tours could work too. It either ain't or is benign." Unless the mortals signed wavers first. Then there was a chance for danger.

They would at least have escape routes planned for the tour groups. Blonde locks bob in as she nods her head while writing it down, "Yes, they'd hafta have plans fer the safety of the tour groups."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Had Nathaniel offended her?... Oh dear. "nonono it's just... Like... What if it's not ghosts at all, but some homeless dude or a wild animal? I don't want to leave us trapped in an abandoned or crumbling building you know?" The Scooby references were... More on the nose than she knew. "And if Others do exist, I'm not sure they'd like us meddling. Better safe than sorry? Besides, I don't think we have enough members to form a mystery gang." Still, it was a fun idea.

"As for peppers, like I said- we can experiment. And if we run into any trouble, we can toss and run. As for birds... Um... If we run into giant swoopers we'll break for it? I don't actually have a contingency plan for that..." Some rumors about giant birds in the Pangean tales his teacher once spoke of, but the chance of such things existing today?... "We'll wing it if it comes to that."

A tour in a haunted place? nonono that wouldn't work at all. "I don't want somewhere with too much fame- I mean maybe ghosts are real, but I'd rather have an empty space to work with without someone pulling the strings and spreading rumors. Still... I suppose it's safer than wandering into an abandoned building? We'll look some up. Um... Anything else? I've got a lot of ideas to work with now."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe laughed, "Ghost and goblins ya nary fear but mangy dogs and bag ladies makes yer courage disappear?" Her eyes seemed to sparkle red briefly. A trick of the light? "Maybe courage requires more beer? Eh if we need a courageous fighter fer this expedition," she points at herself, "Clearly that'll hafta be me."

She does nod along with the idea on peppers, "Yes. Horse sized ducks are too terrifying ta contemplate. The opposite?" Circe frowns in thought. Then giggles with a happy smile at the image, "I want ta take one home with me. Can ya picture a herd tryin' ta eat the same apple?!"

She shakes her head in the negative. "I got nothin' new. And remember if ya figure out what it is ta detect fer I might be able ta build it. I'm really good," and there was a hint of seductress in her voice now, "with my hands."

Wink.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The rhyming caught the pup off guard. Still, at least she was enthusiastic. "I'll see what I can put together. I'll also do some more research on leylines- seems a stretch, but maybe they correspond to a place that might be haunted? Two birds with one stone, then."

Her descriptor of horse sized ducks... It wasn't at all where he thought it would go, but it was a nice and light way to end things. "Eh- not the biggest fan of pets actually. Though that DOES sound adorable."

Ending with... Wait what was that tone? Was that.... Was she being flirty? Yep. There's the wink. That's either a flirt or Nathaniel really WAS socially inept.
    "Um... Uh... I will. Thanks. This is a good place to stop I think? Until next time?" Nathaniel smiled nervously, gathering up his notes so far.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cool," she nods still amused about the imaginary duck sized horses. Circe wasn't much for the whole dream manipulation thing but she was so going to try to make those tonight.

Circe's joy skyrocket as she got the mortal man flustered. "Cute," she smiles at him and collects her own documents. The flirty tone is also kept up, "Well that is a point in favor of doin' this again. And duck sized horses," flirting disappeared with that last part as the Fairest giggles. She makes sure her hips are swaying as she walks out ahead of Nathaniel. She turns in the doorway to look at him over her shoulder to flirt one last time, "Next time should be plenty of fun if we have more friends, perhaps a few more girls that are good with their hands?"

Wink and the blonde bombshell is gone out the door.

Circe exits the scene

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Luna above and Father below, this woman was... Well, certainly something. MANY somethings, some of them incredibly helpful to his overall goal- he'd have to tell @%1; about the powder bombs, and ask her about the supernatural- she'd probably know more right?

Regardless, after making sure everything was in order the young pup left, signing out and closing the door, humming along happily- the Occult Club might just become a regular thing after all.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread