THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper tilted his head at the strange comment, "Is there...a reason we should assume you would be an issue, Graham?" He had a focus about him; it appeared at odds with his method of dancing around some unspoken anxiety. As the Ventrue honed in to compare predators, the Savage's lip twitched.

Still, the invite to ask questions was met with the hook to bring in new blood, maybe he was some kind of envoy to get a good sniff of the environment. The thought was amusing, given the recent tensions just by the Dragons being mildly assertive.

G
    Graham Finley

Graham tilted his head, not thinking that he'd suggested as much (he wasn't outright looking for people the think he was a problem child, after all) but upon reconsidering, he followed Garrett's logic. He thought that was a fun question to answer. More fun by yards than whatever they were talking about on the other side of the room; Their conditioners or foundations maybe? Casually interspersed with discussions of the preservation of the status-quo? Didn't matter. They were over there, and here be Dragons.
    Graham was inclined to wonder what treasure hoards the Ordo had buried in this city like so much California gold.

"Absolutely. But then, that would be a choice, wouldn't it?"

He conjured a slight inhalation to better sniff the air between them. What he hoped to detect was anyone's guess.

"In the past I've explained my potential usefulness to my peers-"

He knew he was taking a risk by placing himself on a the same pedestal as his esteemed company in referring to them as "peers."
    He watched to see how it sat with this literate savage, or if he noticed at all.

"- by pointing out how many different ways I could be a pain in their collective asses, but I'd rather discuss the alternative with you. The last time I got a chance to have a frank discussion with a member of your order, I experienced what can only be described as a personal epiphany. So to give you a direct answer:
    No, I don't believe in my heart of hearts that you, specifically, have a reason to think of me as an 'issue.' At the very least because I have an abiding respect for your mission. To the loose extent that I understand it, anyway. My requiem has so far been defined by altogether more mundane, philosophical experiments than yours."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett chuckles, nodding at the Kindred's play on words. He rocks on his heels as he listens, sparing the occasional side-eye for the powerful blood roaming the space. Once the Ventrue is finished, his gaze flicks back, smile expanding,

"I tend to not make such deductions on one's character until I see actions that carry their wordy promises. But this is not an interview, obviously, it is a party. So, what are you looking for? Are you needing to ask more questions? Needing to hand out a business card? Engaging in a frank discussion on your philosophical musings, regarding your covenant affiliation? Or is that just a personal interest?"

G
    Graham Finley

His eyes caught some of the light as he too looked for any outward response from the sheriff or anyone nearby; He also leaned slightly to continue to keep track of his newest Nosferatu friend. His brow furrowed slightly when he say another new face; Something about her made him glad of all the space between them. He couldn't tell from this distance if that were his beast or something else entirely. Returning to his energetic sparring partner, he replied sequentially.

"Ha! No cards, I'm not selling anything. I haven't become delusional enough to pretend anyone here would pay me even if I were. And yes I suppose it is...If you consider something that happens every single night a party. To me, after awhile it just turns into...Would it be wrong if I said "general waste of everyone's time?" I'm here because I haven't met everyone yet and wanted to get it out of the way. Just enough to attach names to faces, that kind of thing."

He returned eye contact, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"And yes, it's all personal. Always. Otherwise, why bother talking to anyone at all? I've pretty much run through the things I needed to know. Don't let me keep you if you have somewhere else to cool your heels."

He smiled, hoping to appeal to Prosper's sense of humor. Something about him was wily, a trait Graham liked. He appreciated the strange, the obscure, and the offensive. If this party was where they were going to spend so many of their endless nights, what's wrong with shooting the shit for no reason at all?

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage snorted, obviously caught off guard as the Lord casually stated that he found the Court a waste of time. He winced inwardly with the presence of the Judex so near, instincts telling him to bite his tongue. Well, that's his choice.

Another bold one, it seemed, but he was with the experimental group that tended to be younger in their recruitment. Arturo at least would likely find a cousin cut from a similar cloth, though if that would help either of them extend their reputation into a favourable light was highly unlikely.

At his pun, Garrett noticed his fidgeting, tapping the foot before he stopped entirely to brush it off. He was a little obvious, sometimes. "That is probably the most un-vampire thing I have heard in a while," he responded. "From what I understand, the Carthians group themselves under similar political ideologies, yes? Do you ascribe to anything specific, or still trying to find a group that makes sense to your sensibilities?"

G
    Graham Finley

Graham laughed good-naturedly. He was saving his vitriol for someone who deserved it. The Dragons didn't, to his rubric.

"Un-vampire...See? There it is again. The 'Vampire ways.' What does that even mean, Priscus? When you were still breathing, was that something universally defined for you, or the people around you? What possible ruleset or system of beliefs could or should apply to each and every single kindred, beyond a right to be? And then to behave?"

He took a moment to collect his thoughts.

"The Movement is made up of so many different points of view that share the same DNA that it would be quicker to tell you which ones I don't agree with. As for me, well. If I'm not mistaken that's an accent I detect; I can't be sure if it's German of Swedish, but either way given the fact that it's not much of a stretch to say you're probably older than you look, you may be familiar with Max Stirner? He was a proto-populist from the late 1800's, fore-runner of 'individualist anarchism.' People tend to cringe when they hear the A Word from a Carthian but it's so much more than throwing molotovs. I believe that our...condition puts us in an ideal situation to observe the past systems, be they economic, governmental, or environmental and learn from their successes and failures far more than we could in a single lifetime, and troubleshoot accordingly. That being said, there is some first day shit I'm not entirely sure the human race shouldn't abandon as of yesterday, and a lot of said shit is perpetuated in out nights. I believe there isn't just room for change, but a need for it. I consider myself a dead humanist, so: Redistribution of power, confronting capital interests, and guaranteeing personal autonomy for the immortal predators like you and I."

He stopped himself from going on, suddenly worried he was boring them.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"German," Garrett confirmed as he listened. He did not react to his references, either used to such topics or not easily ruffled at controversial avenues. He used to engage in these debates for fun, once-upon-a-time, and had assumed Court was the location to do such matters, unless it was blacklisted by the Keeper. Alessandra held her Praxis under the open rhetoric that covenants could mill about unchecked, and had not seen any measures for censorship unless it pertained to obvious bait like open rebellion. Again, that was a Keeper and Harpy problem to decide. "I do not cringe at a Carthian speaking about a political ideology: your movement literally exists as a platform for Kindred to have a choice to group together under a Kine governing system. If you are curious about my opinion of Max Stirner...well, it is nice to dream, I suppose. Have you founded such a paradise, or is this a new venture?" It was a polite way of asking if Graham was new to the whole Vampire thing.

The Ventrue was speaking to the Priscus of a Clan that valued their freedom and took the rougher path of social adherence. It wasn't unusual to the Gangrel to simply seek greener pastures if a Domain began to chafe. The fact that he appeared nervous about the topic triggered the Savage to lean in a bit.

G
    Graham Finley

"Hm. Maybe."

Nervousness wasn't quite what Graham was feeling; More of a concern for how compelling he was being to an officer of the domain. It was his business to stay interesting - fail at that, and you're even deader, he thought. Expressing something between personal amusement and competitiveness, he also leaned forward in a mimicry of the gangrel's assertive nonverbals. He latched onto Garret's last remark before resuming his previous posture.

"You know the thing about dreams though? Sometimes they're wet."

He left an opening for a reaction while he watched the...mass acknowledgement that seemed to be occurring a small distance away. He wasn't so sure the seneschal's records could possibly be that accurate, able to determine the clan and number of kindred who'd only just arrived in the city. Perhaps she was being figurative, with 'records' being code for some powerful understanding of auspex?
    In a manic, frustrated way he continued that train of thought even as it became a new one.

"...Meaning that the abstract, even the abstract intangible, can trigger marked reactions in the material. My ideas...whether they are derivative, or an original hybrid if I'm feeling self-aggrandizing can and will leave traces in the...'waking world,' if you'll permit the ongoing metaphor. As a for instance: Look over yonder. We have not one, not two, but three newly identified kindred here tonight, each a member of the historically snubbed family of haunts being treated as though their simultaneous arrival is an afterthought. At least the Harpy took the time to sit with me after she attempted to extort me. Doesn't this approach seem a little...impersonal to you, at best? At worst -"

He returned his attention to Garrett fully once more.

"...Careless? After all, those three could tell you a thing or two about the waking dream and its power over us. Without using any words, either."

He laughed a wry laugh and indicated with a slight jerk of his head that he intended to make moves elsewhere, but reached out for a farewell handshake.

"Thank you for the conversation, Priscus. I'm beginning to think I should head upstairs to wait on my new friend before I say anything scandalous."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper blinks at the joke, not outwardly offended but not signalling that he was impressed with the raunchy statement in open Court. In the past, York had spoken openly about her own Succubi exploits, so he was sure not one actually cared. Old formalities died hard, however. At his open distaste with the Ventrue Priscus' behaviour, Garrett nodded in a resigned fashion, looking more tired than anything. He was openly confirming that Simmons broke a Law, which he had an inkling no one would follow up on given the Herald actively covering it up and Arturo being banished. He spared a flicker of a glance at Lina.

"Seems like it is a simple absence of staff, Graham," he said evenly, the criticism of management unsaid but the connection easy to make for the sharper ears. No Harpy, no Talon, no policy for screening new Kindred arrivals other than 'talk to your Priscus', which the Nosferatu had departed without the population to appoint a Whip.

The Seneschal getting swarmed by Haunts and the Judex getting bumped to sidecar was interesting to witness, though at this juncture just served to highlight the inconsequential nature of the Domain in the grand scheme of things. He grinned as he shook the polite and prickly Lord. "You will show him a good time, I am sure."

Once proper goodbyes are done, Prosper exits Court

G
    Graham Finley

Graham heads to the Nox proper, also leaving.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread