THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage manages to not swivel his head as if watching a bolting squirrel, his gaze simply flicking as it dilates. Prosper grinned at Art's gesture and simply nodded, the Kindred reminded him of those ugly dogs that were so silly it was almost cute. "I believe the only Priscii here are just myself at the moment, so unless you are Gangrel than your appointment is with Frau Seneschal York." He wondered how she would react to him, maybe they could engage the gentleman a bit and she could just take care of the Laws. At his statement about music he tilts his head, "Used to?"

At Graham's response, Prosper showed teeth, "So scandalous. I shall inform the Herald of the approaching wedding." His tone was humourous.

A
    Art Gridley

"Seneschal York?" Art glances over to where the sheriff nodded and then turning back with his hand shielding the right side of his mouth, "And she does look her name. Sensational York it is!"

"Oh, I'm apart of the Gridley family," in response to the sheriff. "You see, my mother was a tailor and my father a gamblin' man. We used to live in this house, down in New Orleans and...," a puzzled look, hand scratching chin. "No wait. You're talking about my new skin? No-sfer-atu is my new family. Thought you could tell? You know it always feels like I was more em-barrassed than em-braced, eh? I think I got more vi-rus than vi-tae, EH? Sorry about the smell. I spend a lot of time...err underwater. And hey, let me know if you ever need help with your Most Wanted list. I could just stand near them until they leave town from disgust, ha."

"Oh, and thank you, Herr Prosper. I am no Gangrel but I have enjoyed looking at some pictures of your family, the old family album, the bakemono zukushi scroll. Shapeshifters I have read about in my studies, ehem, on the," his voice turning uppity, "on the fine points of Buddhism and other eastern philosophies and the birth and death of my spiritual life." Prospers titled head, "Yes, I used to play music. It brought me...I used to play with..." Keep it together. Don't show your weakness! They don't care to listen. Keep the spirits high, clown man! "Maybe I'll play music here? There must be a house band!? Eh?".

"Anywho," looking down at his feet and point his thumb over yonder, "I best make my way over to Peppermint Patty," he turns to Graham and then the others, "Anyone willing to make the trip with me?"

G
    Graham Finley

Taking in the words, he returned Garret's jest.

"Ha! I'd be interested to see my cousin preside over that ceremony. Or can the sanctified just wed themselves?"

Returning his attention to Art, he clapped the nosferatu's arm.

"Sorry, maestro, but I think I'm going to stay here and talk to these two fine kindred for a spell. Don't worry though, I'll find you again before the night is out; I'm keen on your first night being smoother than mine was. You'll have to tell me about your musical career when we reconvene. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine."

There was the slightest hint of venom in his tone when he mentioned his own first night. He'd be damned -no pun intended- if someone were to refuse to acknowledge this newcomer. The Carthian Movement was small, so recruitment was a potential outcome that occupied Graham's mind, but he was also feeling almost protective of the eccentric vampire based on principle alone. Making sure to stand in such a way that he could track Art's movement with his eyes without needing to lean around anyone, he refocused on the two Dragons and answered Lina.

"Well, tonight I was hoping to become acquainted with as many of the Domain's citizens as I could. Being both a recent arrival and the only open Carthian,"

He paused, considering Seth, but not feeling it was warranted to mention him here. He had yet to see any real illustration of Kind's commitment to the cause.

"I felt that it would make sense to meet every officer as soon as possible. The two of you are an excellent start to the night. I hope you don't mind fielding a few questions?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

4 successes to be a gossip monger
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-14 19:54:46 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to Perception Check to spy on Ellis & Madcap, no penalties due to TO (10 Again) 10, 10, 10, 2, 1, 9, 5, 7, 3 4 successes
    Prosper tilts his head and listens to This Conversation.

L
    Lina Moretti

2 successes, not enough to hear Ellis
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-14 20:14:24 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Perception (Trained Observer) to hear Ellis & Madcap (10 Again) 8, 10, 1, 7, 5, 1 2 successes

Whatever was going on in quiet whispers in Court, Lina didn't overhear; rather, she was too focused on Art and his strange demeanor. Sensational York? Well. Something suggested that her vain cousin would appreciate that, although perhaps not from one such as this. She smiled politely to Gridley, flowing through the details into the actual point of what she'd asked in the first place. He mentioned the smell; she had caught it, the involuntary breathing as natural to her as it was when she was alive, the Coil of the Soul doing its work and giving her an incredible detachment from the clutches of the Beast around the presentation of the Man. "You might find actual work here in that vein, if you've got a skill set you want to tell me about," she prompted, curious to know what the guy could do. "But it can wait until you're Acknowledged. I wouldn't want to delay that process." It didn't matter to her, per se, but it would affect his life going forward for a while if he didn't get the paperwork done.

She turned her attention to the Carthian, who was asking for information. Glancing at Garrett then back, she replied, "Feel free to ask. What's up?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

As Art pops off some snappy stand-up routine, Prosper hones in on the man's body language. Submissive posturing aside and nervous laughter, the Nosferatu was straight up asking the Sheriff who need to be taken care of. The Savage regarded him with renewed interest, apparently looking to Hound with Twist just on the periphery.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-15 15:06:58 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to gauge how stoked Art is about murder! (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 7, 5, 8, 6, 3, 9 2 successes

He wasn't sure if Gridley was signalling he was a scholar of the occult, or just making conversation, or it was another joke. The man was a bit all over the place and clearly out of his element. Didn't mean much to the gregarious Savage, "You research Kindred, Art? Or are you comparing my Clan to yokai for another reason?" he asked with an easy-going smirk. Mixing with challenging predators will feel like so many daggers either way, he didn't see much sport in digging into Beast's anxiety but made no effort to alleviate it. His attention drifted to the other Nosferatu inviting Garcia to a metal concert, grinning, "Maybe you should broach the topic of performance with your Cousin at some juncture. A suggested icebreaker. If you wish for a formal introduction to the Seneschal, you are free to pay a Trivial for a Kindred to put their reputation on the line to advocate on your behalf. But, as the Sheriff said, it is not a requirement when your Priscus is absent... We do not charge for Acknowledgment here." There you go kid, lots of options. He watched Graham with the last statement, seeing as that one of April's milling scandals that stacked with all the other questionable Harpy behaviour. Whether it was true or not was still on the table, but Jacque darting across Court at his ribbing told him there was something to it.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-15 15:26:42 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to how does Finley feel about Rebecca jerking him around? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 6, 9, 6, 1, 8, 5 2 successes

"Careful. He might be jealous," Prosper said to Finley's quip about the Bishop's recent promotion. "The Herald was spinning like a top trying to figure out why the Bishop wished to support my political advancement over his own Whip. Apparently I am just a delight." Denoting ownership? Perish the thought, Garrett wasn't an Invictus. They needed to have a quick conversation about his Clansman's rude treatment of the Gangrel, however, and Arturo was the only point of contact for the Priscus' brewing ire. Apparently Jacque disrespected their Blood so much he saw fit to bait his Cousin, spit on the Keeper's authority, and petition Law enforcement and Succubi to back his play.

Erbsenzähler.

"It is a free country," he responded to Graham's prompt for questions, expecting more pieces to play with.

7. Likes Stray liked this post
    A
    Art Gridley

"Skill set? Oh, just the skill set that we are all best at. The one that includes giving others what we so long for. Death." Oh, come on. "Ha! I kid. But, yeah. It's still kind of weird being a monster, eh? Don't think I'll ever get used to it. Hope not! Ha!"

Looking at Prosper, "I do research Kindred; and other folk. But in a more casual way. Usually one that requires a lot of patience." Art's pupil's dilate as he makes eye contact with the others. He looks over to the other nosferatu that Prosper mentions, seeming half interested. Claps his hands. "Well, I'm more than delighted for all the good company. It must only get worse. Excuse me. I'll take your advice Sheriff and make for a speedy Acknowledgement."

Art walks away, hunched over, to this conversation

A
    Art Gridley

In response to Prosper's roll: Oh, well Art wasn't directly implying murder to help the Sheriff, rather help drive people out of town with his disgusting looks and company. That said, from the above post you can infer that Art feels murder and being a vampire come hand in hand.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Pleasantries had been made, and maybe the rough around the edges Bishop had even made a friend. He decided best to leave the Crone trio to their own devices and shift away to take care of other matters. Other matters included making some people know they weren’t going to get a free pass. A returning face, and known trouble maker - It was well worth the effort to see if decorum (or what was left of it) was alive and well.

”Good evening Sheriff Moretti, Priscus Prosper, and welcome back Mr. Finley. Good to see you found your way back to us.”

The Bishop grinned and seemed pleasant enough. The Serpent was towering high, though, hissing. It knew it was larger, stronger, and hungrier. It knew which morsel it wanted to rend and devour.

”Would either of you protest if I borrowed the Priscus for a few moments. We have some business to take care of - like responsible Kindred.”

The Lords numbered 5, the Priscus was nowhere to be seen and the Whip had limped and whimpered away. He would handle the Clan while Thomas tended to his covenant.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett cocked an eyebrow as he felt the familiar Beast approach. Speak of the Devil.

Arturo confirmed his suspicions that Graham was indeed one of the catalysts in the split of the Clan. His attentions darted between the new Ventrue, Lina, and now Arturo wishing to likely address their respective Whips unable to carry on like they were people. Distracted, he streamed priority, in which Finley was at the bottom. Garrett regretted that Lina and him never got to just fucking hang out, and the Lord looked like he was going to be an entertaining addition. He was going to force an evening at this rate. The Bishop getting to him first also shifted how he was planning on dealing with the insult his Clan had dealt.

"Evening Bishop Garcia," he responded, blinking at the title drop from one outside the pack. In Sacramento, Priscus were treated like petty Primogen, and he was still getting used to it. "Enh. We have many nights ahead of us for socials," he said to the Lord's press for business before pleasure. He clearly wasn't stoked on it, humour vanishing like snuffing a candle.

Luckily for Arturo, he was probably the only Lord that wasn't immediately going to be lashed at, concerning the topic. He might as well take advantage of the bridge for his own ire. He gestured for the man to follow, before looking to Lina and Graham, "I will be back once we chat a bit. You kids play nice."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread