THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Graham Finley just to avoid confusion, reminder of the Empathy roll (contested or not) that Prosper made. Feel free to add results in your next post, and I'll just review

L
    Lina Moretti

"By all means, Mr. Garcia," the Sheriff replied, nodding to each as they went and went and went, giving a smirk to Garrett at his comment. Finley was quiet - Lina looked to him expectantly, wondering what he had to ask.

MrGrieves - bump

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis Meadows stalks into the conversation with the manner of someone who's derived an extreme amount of entertainment already this evening, and who shows no sign of slowing down. "Sheriff Moretti again. Mr. Finley. It's been such a pleasant evening, hasn't it? The Keeper has done a wonderful job."

"What do you all think of the Bishop's play for Priscus?"

After all, he'd played critic twice already tonight, both to wonderful effect in his mind. Why not go three for three?

4. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    G
    Graham Finley

The conversation already began to take on the fluid nature such discussions often do, with a the roster of participants apt to change at a moment's notice. Graham wasn't deterred however; He was beginning to enjoy the breakneck pace at which things developed when Court wasn't a snoozer.
    Garrett Prosper was able to deduce from a series of micro-expressions and a brief wordlessness on Graham's part -Most of which were voluntary, though the most telling were not, perhaps due to being blushed in court for the first time- that Graham still held no small amount of resentment in his dead heart. The Harpy had eventually attempted to smooth things between the two of them but to the Carthian, the damage had been done.
    Whatever understanding the two Ven had come to was far from a reprieve for past behaviour.
    To the Sheriff, he continued.

"Oh, just a few holes in my understanding of the customs in Sacramento I was looking to have filled. To begin with, given that you are in charge of enforcing the Laws, I was curious as to what the local policy was on invitations to out of town Kindred, whether to simply visit or to consider residence in the Domain. Not that I'm looking to make a habit of bringing uninvited party guests, but I feel that there is much a young Kindred could learn from this city. Do's and Don'ts to take with them into the rest of their unlives. All in the name of progress and the continued preservation of the Masquerade, of course. Second, I was hoping I could be given a sort of who's who. Beyond the people I've had the pleasure of meeting firsthand, I'm still unaware of who is in charge of the other Covenants - The Ordo Dracul, for example."

He stopped speaking when Ellis joined their little group, offering the Daeva a smile and lowered head in place of a formal greeting. This was the first he'd heard f the Bishop's play, so he waited with a raised eyebrow to glean a bit more information before giving his impressions. Thus far, he'd been very intrigued by Arturo and his reputation.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Far as I know? The Prince tends to be pretty welcoming. They need to be vetted and Acknowledged by their Prisci, or if their Clan lacks a Priscus, the Seneschal handles that. As for the who's who? I run the Ordo Dracul. Heirophant Krieg leads the Circle of the Crone. Bishop Garcia there," she nodded at Arturo, "runs the Lancea Sanctum, and I understand the Royal Archon, Twist, leads the Invictus." Again, a gentle nod in the petite Daeva's direction. "To my knowledge, there aren't any Carthians here save for you and, well, Seth Kind put himself out there as one at Court in April...?"

Was that all it took to be a Carthian?

Moretti nodded to Meadows as the Daeva rolled up once more, finding her way to a seat and beckoning the pair over to join her. The Feet of the Law were getting a little weary, and they needed to take a load off for a minute. She was listening, of course, to what was going on around Court, noting Arturo Garcia, noting Garrett Prosper, and noting the diplomacy going down. The beauty at the door and her entourage drew Lina's attention, Domina's Beast thundering fear down her spine that settled in her lower back like a cat curling against the cold.

Good for Garcia. Not afraid to actually go for it, and with his Whip in social disgrace after the shitkicking at Ellis Meadows' and Madcap's proverbial hands, it was both bold and, frankly, probably effective. Glancing to Meadows, she shot him an entertained half-smile.

"People who know how to work things out in the customary vampire ways tend to impress me."

That was all that needed to be said, especially in the theme of tonight, especially with all that had recently happened.

G
    Graham Finley

Sorry for the delay, I was sort of waiting to see if Domino or Krakenbox were going to say anything else. Shall we continue without them?

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

I'm popping him in next round while we tie our side Thread, realistically Graham would have responded to Lina while he was speaking with Arturo so I wouldn't worry about it

G
    Graham Finley

Although Moretti was hard...Actually, she was basically impossible to read; Her face may have been more pliable than everyone else in the court, but her distant demeanor cloaked that curiosity. Nevertheless, Graham was prepared to deflect derogatory judgments levied at the Carthians because of some veritable nobody making a scene, and went on to vocalize as much.
    Of course, Graham had no real way of determining if Seth was a nobody or not.
    Yet.

"Ah, that clears some things up. Thank you for being so informative. To be completely honest, I wasn't sure what the climate was going to be like in Elysium, as I seem to have previously shown up at the worst possible times. As for Mister Kind. Yes, that is what he says. But as I have said to several other people, simply making a claim and actually functioning as a representative of the Movement are two wholly seperate things. It must have been easy for him to do, with nobody to measure himself against. But truth be told, The Movement is not an organization that believes in gatekeeping, as a rule; All we require is loyalty, as opposed to the more esoteric interests of the Crone and your own order. Its a point of pride for us - but it can also be a source of weakness when coupled with poor leadership...Something I will correct sooner rather than later."

As for the "old vampire ways" -

"I guess that's wholly dependent on what you define those ways as being, Sheriff."

Graham wasn't so easily impressed by simply avoiding making a fool out of yourself. Then again, he had yet to really see what the collective bar was in Sacramento. He was learning more and more as the nights went on. In fact, the amount of information- some solicited, some not- was coming to him at such a breakneck speed it was nearly becoming a dilution.
    He'd try to keep up.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper returns from his meeting, watching Arturo leave Court in a passive manner before blinking his attention to the younger-looking Ventrue. "I have not had much exposure to the Movement," he admitted, slipping back into the conversation.

G
    Graham Finley

"Yes, that does seem to be the general consensus here. Worse, the kindred in Sacramento who have seem to have gotten either a criminally underwhelming impression of the covenant as a whole, or the idea that we're not really to be taken seriously. But speaking to two Dragons, I think I can safely say that in this circumstance we could avoid bad tastes in eachother's mouths by avoiding assumption."

His eyes flicked curiously over Garret, as though sizing him up. Unlike everyone else in the room, his beast wasn't trying to run away from the young looking man. He presented a very different example of one with his blood. Graham hoped he could return the favor.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread