Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The evening was warm, summer heat lingering past the sun's leave taking. The Ballo Della Notte's parking lot was quickly filling up, the lobby lights spilling out onto the lines of people waiting to enter in defiance of the falling dark.

Ellis Meadows had a feeling that it was good he already had his ticket in hand for entrance. The box office lines were nothing to be scoffed at.

Domino
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

(Blush and Reflection)Vitae 1 Willpower Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis powers off his phone. Off off, not merely silenced like many of the kine would likely settle for. He would have absolutely combusted with shame if he got even a silenced text while the guest of the Judex, plus it would be an entirely unnecessary distraction while he tried to enjoy the show. This wasn't going to be Twist's first impression of him, but he still wanted to make a sterling showing of things. Ellis was quite excited for the show as well. He spared no thought for something as transient as the weather as he considered the reviews, all of which were glowing, and the lines strongly corroborated the quality the venue was renowned for.

He was in formal black tie, of course. He was Blushed before he even got into his ride, and he was ensuring that there was no chance a blurry reflection would show up in any brightly polished surface in the theater. He bypasses the throngs of people hoping to get in and presents his ticket before awaiting the direction of an Usher to his seat.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

His ticket is scanned, reviewed and the first usher indicates a direction taking him toward the stairs. The second usher higher up confirms he is in the right area and flags down a man who, if not for the earpiece, was dressed well enough to seem a patron. In fact, as the man approached, a pleasant smile on his face, those with an eye for such could see that he was dressed better than a good number of them.

"Good evening... if you will follow me?" And leading the way toward one of the boxes, opens the door for Ellis.

Inside the box is empty save for the figure of Twist, seated at apparent ease as she watches the slow fill of the seats below with kine.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis is polite and attentive as the theater staff direct him to and fro. His ego was not so fragile that it demanded excessive displays of obsequiousness from those around him, after all. And they were doing quite well enough as it was. The well dressed man who ultimately took him in hand however, it was evident that he was not just another staff member. Personal agent of the Duchess? Assuredly. Ghoul? More than likely. "Certainly." Ellis says, carefully observing him for clues about the upcoming evening. A good Ghoul knew their Regnant backwards and forwards, and the Blood didn't stop one from thinking their own thoughts.

And Ellis was growing confident with the idea that Twist only surrounded herself with the best.

Once inside the box, Ellis bows to Twist out of a multifaceted sense of respect. "Your Grace. You honor me. Would you accept a small token of my esteem as thanks for this evening?" Within his jacket was a slim box that held a tasteful necklace within. Yellow gold and red garnet for clan, and a diamond because it hardly counted as jewelry without one. Ellis presents his gift only if Twist accepts, or her agent comes to take it.

He does not take a seat until bidden.

Ellis is attempting to get an Empathy read on the moods surrounding this meeting of both the obviously important probably-a-ghoul and Twist.
    6 successes vs Kalos, 1 success vs Twist. Contested with Composure + Subterfuge if desired.
      6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 16:11:35 Ellis Meadows rolls 6 to Wit + Emp on Kalos (10 Again) 8, 8, 8, 9, 8, 9 6 successes
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 16:12:18 Ellis Meadows rolls 6 to Wit + Emp on Twist (10 Again) 1, 10, 7, 1, 5, 1, 6 1 success

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Kalos's mannerisms are smooth and confident, the mood projected is focused. Mild curiosity with the first glance, but not enough to drive inquisitive conversation as he leads the way. He seems calm, and if anything, this walk seems to be only a task to be marked completed in the night's tasks. Clearly this is nothing out of the ordinary for him, and thus likely his mistress. A read only confirmed when Ellis sees him pulling out a smart phone even as the door swings closed. He wouldn't even stay for the conversation. He had work to do.

Glancing over her shoulder, Twist smiled pleasantly in greeting to Ellis.

"Mister Meadows- please, come in. Have a seat if you wish." Motioning to an empty seat, she waited until he had made himself comfortable before reaching out to accept the offered gift. "Thank you," she said as she opened the box, lifting the necklace to admire it for a moment before returning it to the box and setting it aside.

"I hope the evening finds you well?"

From what Ellis could read, Twist's mood was congenial and pleasant.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 09:22:28 Twist rolls 6 to Contesting (Wits+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 8, 2, 8, 7, 2, 4 2 successes

Kalos doesn't currently have a ghoul sheet drafted up so I yielded for this instance. Please let me know if I need to roll anyways and if so what Steven

S
    Steven

Kalos should probably get a sheet drafted up, but for now, go ahead and roll 5 dice (which is about average) but it is going to be rough to beat 6 success

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 13:18:36 Kalos rolls 5 to Contesting (5 via ST Ruling) (10 Again) 1, 5, 6, 7, 3 failure

S
    Steven

So, feel free to give an answer to Ellis about the current emotional state Kalos, you know him better then I do.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The one above should still be valid. Calm with faint hints of preoccupation/stress likely due to the business of the theater.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Really, as long as her agent didn't seem to be anticipating the need for a dust buster after this meeting, Ellis felt that he would probably be fine. Barring personal foolishness on his part, at least, or unexpected irrationality on her part. And whether Twist actually liked the jewelry or not was secondary to the fact that the gesture was made. The lack of Twist's Beast only made the butterflies Ellis felt even more pronounced, if that was possible.

"I find myself a bit nervous Your Grace, but otherwise the evening finds me quite well, thank you." Ellis says, once he's taken his seat. "The quality of the setting has given me something to aspire towards, while the reviews I've seen have only sung the praises of your newest show. I am eager to experience it firsthand."

Ellis speaks with total candor. It was a beautiful theater, and he was finding it extremely difficult to avoid just sitting back and opening all his senses to their fullest so he can take in all the sights and sounds of the spectacle that was the throngs of people being herded into their seats while the house quicky shuffles around with last minute tasks.

"I hope that my delay in reaching out to you is not a cause for disappointment on your part." Ellis says. "I can, on occasion, let my pride guide me overmuch. I had hoped to be able to take steps to increase my standing and worth to the First Estate, so that I did not come to you hat in hand, with merely the dust of the road and a letter to recommend me in your eyes."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread