Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Blue Birds 2: Monkey Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

When last we left our intrepid heroes, the elegant Lady Starlight and her traveling companion Monkey Girl had journeyed deep into the dream bush! They had survived a harrowing elevator crash, a careening race on dinosaur back, and solved the ingenious puzzle to open the doors to... THE LIBRARY OF THE ANCIENTS!

Now, the pair of sexy adventurers entered the tomb, determined to... read books or something, I don't know.

Anyway, their entry came to a sudden halt as Lady Starlight stepped upon the trigger to a hidden booby trap!

What danger! How will they get out of this pinch? Let's watch and find out!

Sonnie, peering at the flagstone trigger Titania had stepped upon, looked up and about the hallway in confusion.

"Where is that voice coming from?"

Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Wait", she was baffled by the sudden twist, yet was careful to not move. Her wisps however were of a different opinion, "this is a terrible spot to resume the narration. Sure you'll agree with my assessment", to be fair, it sounded more like a plea than a statement, it didn't help that she aimed her plea both at the mysterious voice and at the off-shelves knockoff of Rhodes, "Besides, why must I be the one to step over the trigger? Surely you jest".
    "Not that this comprises anything more than a cheap narrative expedient on your part. I abhor this kind of unexpedient storytelling. Furthermore revising poor Copenhagen out of your dreamscape for the sake of the crudest kind of comic relief was unbecoming of him. I request, no I demand a role more fitting of our station", she said while patting over the neck of the scaly beast she was mounting. On his part, the beast couldn't help but nod at the eloquence of his magnificent rider.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

4. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie stared at Titania, disbelieving at the sudden change to the entire scene. "W-wait, what? You can't... you can't just demand a script rewrite in the middle of filming! We have a schedule to keep! We already set a release date! This could set us back months! What about the poor camera crew? They have families to go back to, you know." She gestured at the scruffy-looking film crew, all of whom were suddenly just there, as if they had always been. A tubby camera man, skinny sound guy, a bored-looking lighting dude, some college-age girl that was probably an intern.

Divas, am I right?

"You said it, Old-Timey Radio Announcer Voice Dude!" Sonnie crossed her arms, glaring at Titania and her beloved fictional pet. "And we don't have the budget to keep the dinosaurs in every scene! You have any idea how much these things eat every day? Not to mention this poor actor I hired to play Rhodes! He's actually an Oscar-winner, and had a big asking price!"

Not-Rhodes shrugged and turned to walk back towards the exit. "Yeah, listen, I'll be in my trailer. Call me when we resume filming. So fucking unprofessional. Can't believe I passed up Rent for this shitty B-movie." His British accent had vanished, replaced by what sounded like someone from southern California.

Sonnie huffed and tapped her foot, still staring at the indignant Bright One. "Do tell, Princess. What big ideas do you have?"

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"I can and I will", she said looking toward the camera and flashing one of her most dazzling smiles, right as a round of recorded laughter went off followed by an applause.
    "You didn't even have a script until this morning. Rather, you wouldn't even have a show if it wasn't for me", this time with a smirk for good measure.
    She was indignant, and Copenhagen seemed to get the cue, because if they wanted this round of negotiations to work in their favor, they'd have to stick together.
    "I'm sure we can find a compromise with the authors. For example, Sir F-Rhaudes", she added with particular emphasis, "could be the one to step over the trap. A role with much more screen-time than that of mere secondary actor. Wouldn't you agree, Mister?", she gave him her best puppy-eyed look. "And of course, better lodgings for the film crew", the patrician recognized the value of diplomacy, of having the working class on your side.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

7. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie scowled at Titania, her lower lip jutting forward in frustration as the Telluric seemed to take some degree of control over the dream. She waved a copy of the script, now suddenly in her hand, at the Fairest. The title, if one could make it out, read Monkey Girl: The Movie.

"Excuse you, woman! This is my dream! I've had this script in the works for at least two nights! I was kind enough to let you enter here as my sidekick! And this is the gratitude I get? Films with sound are probably as new concept for you, so where do you get the idea you can do this better than me? Hmmmm?"

The actor playing Rhodes was at the craft services table, eating a roast beef sandwich and chatting with one of the grips, an attractive female grip who looked suspiciously like a certain Nix. He looked over at the mention of his character's name, then hurriedly set the sandwich down and ran back over. The grip ran off backstage. "Are we shooting again? I thought we were on lunch break!" He coughed and got back into character, straightening his crooked mustache, "Er, I mean, jolly good! Shall we continue on, ladies?"

Sonnie sneered and looked at Titania, "Oh yes. It seems we have some executive meddling here. Mrs. Doubtfire here wants you to set off the booby trap now."

Dream!Rhodes became rather flustered at this news. "I say! What poppycock is this? That's not in my contra-- I mean, ah, you wish for me to take the lead, do you, madam?" He seemed a little concerned at the idea of being used as a means to set off the trap.

The crew's response to Titania trying to buy them off was a half-hearted, distracted 'Yay' as they went about the work.

9. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She shakes her head, extends her hands toward Sonnie and suddenly the script disappears from the Monkey's hands to materialize into her own. She studies it for a good minute before, "There's a mistake, don't you see? There's a comma, right here", she turns the binder around, her index tapping against the title, "It's Monkey, Girl: The Movie", she smirks, "Makes perfect sense, given that it's the sequel to Blue Birds I. Which, need I remind you, was a production entirely funded and started by yours truly", her tone is so boastful and bashful at the same time, that the crowd of workers couldn't help but erupt into a cheerful round of applause followed by a loud "Cheers, Cheerio. Gosh, she's the best lead actress we could ever have hoped for. Why wouldn't the best looking lady be the main character after all? In a horror-action if the best good looking lady doesn't die within the first minute, then she's the main character. 100% Hollywood Lore, makes no sense otherwise". They did even redirect the spotlight on her, well not really, that was her wisps' doing, but whatever.
    It's then that she turns her head toward the camera and winks. "So, can we agree to disagree and move over to the scene after the trap has triggered?", she asks, waving her hands off at Fraudhes.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

11. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie, hands clasped behind her back, quietly listened to the Bright One turn the entire film production into her pet project. Her expression was passive, and her only reaction was to raise a single eyebrow. "Mmmm, no. No no. We need to film this scene! The movie would be incomplete without it. Major plot hole! So, we'll quickly shoot it and move on, shall we? Oh, Rhodes? Places, please!" The Beast gestures towards the flagstone trigger, which the camera crew hurriedly set up to shoot again. Dream!Rhodes nodded and moved into place.

"Ah, yes! Of course, Lady Sonja! I shall just place my foot here, shall I?" Mustache twitching, he gingerly placed his foot atop the stone.

"Excellent! Everyone ready? Quiet on the set! Voice over guy, go!"

Rhodes, noble guide to our intrepid heroes, has bravely placed himself in harm's way to protect the good ladies! How shall he escape this fiendish trap? Will Ladies Sonja and Titania be able to recuse their good manservant? How can they...

Click.

THOOM!

From the ceiling, a huge slab of stone fell to the floor of the corridor in a blast of dust and vibrations, the sound of rock crashing into rock nearly deafening!

Uh... um... d-did Rhodes survive this...

A pool of blood oozed out from beneath the monolith.

Oh... I guess not.

"Cut! Perfect! That's a wrap! Let's move on to the next scene! Chop chop! We're burning daylight, people!" Sonnie clapped her hands and the crew quickly continued down the hallway to the far end. The monkey Beast smiled crookedly at the Fairest. "I did some quick rewrites. Nothing like a good jump scare, don't you think? I hope your character survives to the end! Next scene is in the library. Let's go!"

The Steepscrambler laughed and bounced on down the passage after the film crew.

Well, at least they didn't have to pay the actor now, right?

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Something told her that production hadn't been so honest in communicating to Mr. Fraudhes the full extent of the occupational hazards surrounding his role. Her right hand drew the sign of the cross as she passed by the pool of tomato syrup... yes tomato syrup, that was slowly creeping towards the edges of the tunnel. Poor dream, to think he could have survived past the REM phase. She thought, looking back with a saddened expression. But the show must go on, and so she followed suit - still riding Copenhagen - in the monkey's trail.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

At last, the seemingly endless stonework tunnel came to an end. Sonnie stood before a second set of vast doors, these ones made of red wood and banded with steel. No runes or riddles in sight. The Beast looked at Titania and gestured at the large metal handles as she backed away to the side.

"Would you care to do the honors, Lady Starlight?"

The film crew were nearby, camera and other gear focused on the Fairest for her reaction shot.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Feats of might wasn't something she had been built to perform. So it was almost comical to see the British Fairest - distrustful as she was by the sight of the door - get close to the door and try to pry it open by mustering with little strength she could into her slender fingers. To no avail, of course.
    "Ahem", she looked back at the monkey, "It's sealed".
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread