Ended
Watch

So, That Happened

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Words were one thing, but Lina paid attention to what people weren't saying just as much as they were...

Lina is looking for cues about how Prosper actually feels about this situation.

3 sux Empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 22:34:19 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 9, 6, 4, 5, 8, 9 3 successes

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper's savvy enough to understand he's being over-the-top and is clearly angry about it, but he isn't calming down. Likely there's a lot more threads in the web than just the singular incident to generate this irrational reaction in a Supplicant of Terror.

A
    Arturo Garcia

That was the plan then.

”Just stay off the radar?”

He resisted the urge to roll his eyes, his beast slashing the inside of his chest as he tried to take into consideration the position of these other more diminutive monsters.

”Fine. How much of this chemical do you want? I will run the rounds tomorrow night between a few places so we don’t pick up suspicion. I have a van I can borrow too. Then you will have my blessings and all the luck I can muster - I don’t see any reason to keep going if I am just going to lay low, and hope my banishment doesn’t get lost in the shuffle. Who knows, maybe I am just glass half empty - the laws could change a few times and maybe this time the dice will fall in my favor.”

Calmed? A little. Less irritated? Far from.

L
    Lina Moretti

Something wasn't tracking with Prosper's reaction, like he'd seen some shit and it was all stacking here. Given what she knew about his past, that wasn't surprising, but it did concern her. She needed the Supplicant at his best, which probably meant they needed to have another heart to heart soon to try to talk out some of it. If it could even be talked out. Were vampires capable of the kind of emotional change that might be needed to work out a tangled web of issues?

Perhaps therapy was good preparation of the Mind for a Soul Chrysalis...

"Enough to fire through the ventilation system and meaningfully carpet the area. So a bunch."

She glanced to both of the guys.

"Look, y'all. I know shit's fucked right now. It won't be forever. One way or another, the pressure always gets released." She looked to Garcia. It would be released through a proper resolution, or it would be released through an explosion. "Perhaps it may make sense for the Lance and Dragons to be working together to make sure however this plays out, it ends in stability."

An invitation. Theirs were not Covenants that typically saw eye to eye, but they all had reasons to want the topsy-turvy to stop.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper keeps his attention on the road. Lina had pinged why Arturo was likely there in the first place, and the lone Bishop had been given very little incentive to maintain status quo when he had been bent over the rail by it. He needed a few minutes to drag the Beast back down: he worked for the Chapterhouse, and the Grand Wyrm wasn't whipping him over the head to keep a blind eye to the Prince. That was enough confirmation to keep him from throwing the Deputy title back in her lap.

A
    Arturo Garcia

That was an offer, and it sat with the Bishop for a moment as he mulled it over.

”Are not all great moments in history schisms, and deviations from the norm? I think we can agree that stability is something we all crave, something which - as you mentioned - alludes us at this moment.”

His arms crossed as he looked at Lina in the front seat.

”Does this mean that the Dragons are willing to act if there is a need for it? I am currently lacking any discerning resources other than what I have carved out for myself and my Covenant, but should there be a greater good the Lance would stand for it.”

Not an open hostility, a pact - that they would give the side eye and nod if things went down.

”My situation has forced my hand, and changed how I approach this Domain. Now, is this informal? Or are we going to seal this with Prestation - an exchange of course.”

It would flavor what he thought of this entire arrangement, as optimistic as he may have been. Subtleness only got you so far - sometimes you needed to push the matter in a matter that was as serious as its content.

C
    Cross

wrong acct

L
    Lina Moretti

"The Dragons are discussing what needs to be done -- and should we decide a greater good needs doing, then it sure would be nice if the Lance were on board." A clear signal that they weren't on the thug train yet, but that the Dragon was stirring and very aware of the scenario they found themselves faced with. She paused a moment, thoughtfully. "After all, the situation is one that affects us all. What sort of arrangement do you have in mind, Mr. Garcia? I certainly think at the very least that the matter of you seeking an alliance in this should stay between the Order and the Lancea Sanctum, but I'd certainly be interested to hear you out... and to learn a bit more about your capabilities, if you were inclined to discuss them."

He wasn't like the other Ventrue, and he'd been set to throw down. That could have been a bluff, his calling Monomacy at Jack -- but if this was a rare soldier Ventrue, that would be useful information to have.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Arturo Garcia feel free to jump me, Prosper has nothing to add in this exchange. I'm good to wrap soon as well!

A
    Arturo Garcia

”An exchange of Major Boon’s, between you and myself. I believe we have both established we respect the currency of our kind. This would ensure that any promises we make have the ability to be enforced should anyone develop cold feet - while I doubt that would happen I would rather we both have that insurance.”

“This would cement an alliance between the Lancea et Sanctum and the Ordo Dracul that would seek the best outcome for all Kindred in these trying nights. Doing so could risk great personal harm, while other options may steer away from the very same - but it is a promise that the first is Paramount, and that there is a potential danger to many of us looming in plain sight.”

Boons paid to make sure if they needed to stand they would.

Understanding that this isn’t just about violence but working out the best solutions.

Knowing that may still mean violence.

This was a risky situation for the Lord in particular, sitting in the back seat with two Dragons in front of him. He was relying on the sound mind and reason of the two - though really just the Grand Wyrm - to forge something that was more than just fleeting promises and included real danger.

Fortune favored the bold, though.

”Myself, I bring my experience as a Crusader of the Lance, serving the Vicar Council of Juarez. Unlike most Lords by expertise was not bending wills with words - though I have experience - but testing the physical will of men and Kindred alike. I served my Sire as his hand of destruction when those outside his blood could not be trusted. While the Lance of Sacramento may as well be a shadow, my convictions are uncompromising - and should I need too I will apply my trade.”

He was the junior partner here, the Dragons had numbers and resources - and he was a Covenant of one. His best hope was being forthcoming with this sort of information, as he didn’t have much clout to hide behind.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread