DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Continuation from Folsom

Once he gets the confirmation, Prosper rolls up the metallic sports car to the shadow of the Nox, fiddling pointlessly with the sound system to relieve some nervous energy as he waits for the other two vampires to join his conflict resolution square. To say he was bothered was an understatement, jaw set and eyes dark and blown in the low light, catching whatever they can in the glint that betrayed the feral nature of his blood.

Moretti was a busy woman, but he sure as fuck was having a moment where he needed to touch base with his boss. Arturo was there for...reasons, he supposed. The Lord was directly involved in this dumpster fire anyway. Maybe the familiar sniping would help, but he wanted to connect the Sheriff with him properly at some point. Might as well stream their schedules.

A
    Arturo Garcia

If not for normally working under pressure the exit very well may have been quicker, but a calm stride had taken Arturo from meeting room to the cool air of the night. He soon found who was looking for, it wasn’t exactly like Garretts machine blended in with the crowd. There was a tap on the glass to make sure he didn’t spook the Gangrel (didn’t want him hissing), and ensure the door was unlocked. Once he had been given the go ahead he pointed at the front and back seat - a silent ask if he needed to make room for Moretti since she had been in that message.

Once he had his answer Arturo settled in either the front if it was a no, or the back if they were waiting on a third.

”What the hell was that? I didn’t see anything wrong with the mutts, was I missing something?”

A quick question, he had offered a boon but wasn’t 100% sure what Garrett had caught that he had missed.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina gave a small wave from the hip as she rolled up in the same get-up she'd worn for the meeting twenty minutes before. Prosper's face carried Prosper's Beast, which set Moretti's teeth on edge as she resisted the urge to upend him, even as Garcia's Blood drove an icy chill down her spine and up into her lizard brain. He had a classy two-door, which was baller, but that meant someone would be in the passenger seat and someone else would be riding in the back.

It wouldn't take clairvoyance to guess who would be riding bitch in this situation. She gave the Lance man a polite smile and opened her hand out generously to the door, indicating that he could enter the car before her.

"Hello, gents."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper senses the familiar Beast before the tap on the glass, flinching out of instinct as he thumbed to indicate the back. As much fun as playing that game would be, he assumed the Sheriff and Grand Wyrm would expect certain positioning.

As guessed, the blunt Daeva indicated a more polite gesture as she processed her own forced socializing. Garrett bit down the sudden malicious chuckle as he realized he was stuffing two strange predators in a small space. Oh well.

"Missed you, Fürst," he responded airily to Lina, leaning on humour to bring down the hackles. He starts the car as Arturo belts out the obvious question, taking a second to get on the road.

"Umm, not sure, really. She seemed fine until the Sheriff agreed with my offer, the word 'disposable' promoted that little exchange with her hound, and then she wanted to kill you," he blinked a few times as the harsh light from the street lamps dug into the tapetum lucidum, eyes pinning sharply.

"Lets be real, Grand Wyrm. I cannot help with this Folsom bullshit if the Prince is going to flip over a dog. As a Deputy, I cannot work with this. I do not know how to predict what is going to get me Banished or ashed with these rapid mood swings. She was fine talking about Kine torture? She even took away our Feeding Rights for daring to question her Harpy, despite matters being settled publicly! She asked me to help her with policy, and then ignores me to suddenly proclaim I am unworthy of my Clan to the rest of the Gangrel. What the fuck is happening?" he laughs, as if outlining a frustrating joke.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Beast snarling - the serpent poised and ready to strike, two meeker monsters both within distance to lash out against. The back was fine, he didn’t have to look out behind him at least. They were able to roll out and get on the road, away from the Nox, away from where whispers could very likely be heard.

”You’re fucking with me.”

Arturo leaned back in the car, shoulders relaxed, face almost calm if not for the tick of rage - the one that came in right below the corner of the eye. He listened to what prosper had to say.

”Be careful if you follow the laws, banishment is right around the corner.”

The annoyance was not hidden. Perhaps letting go in front of the Sheriff not the best idea - but the time for restraint seemed to gone.

”Torture isn’t off the table too, lets not forget our esteemed liege was giddy to watch until they were reminded that it may be bad. If a dog is going to get me that much fire and fury I am out. I’ll get a truck filled and I will go back to the barrens.”

There was no reason to risk anything for a joke.

L
    Lina Moretti

As the Daeva settled into the front seat and the car took off into the night, Sheriff Moretti stared off into the lights of the city distantly, nodding to the playful greeting. "It's been so long," she quipped back quietly before she got to listening to why it was that Prosper had decided to call them together. Arturo Garcia was a strange addition on face value, but as she listened, it became clear what the deal was. The astute Gangrel had done his thing, and was either lying or he had picked up something of import off the Prince. Glancing back over her shoulder at Garcia a moment, she heard out his concern.

It was true. Nothing made sense, and if it was as swingy in his observation as he was saying, then it was really bad. The Lance man's point as fair comment as well. She'd been at Court, watched it go down, watch the Prince drop a couple of super weird flexes...

"You're telling me," she said, agreeing, understanding. "I see your concern. It's valid. Shit doesn't make sense, and stability is in short shrift."

She glanced over her shoulder again, and over to her left at Prosper, to make sure they both knew she got it.

"We need to figure this out. Because this isn't just politics. We all know the First is paramount. Above and beyond anything else, the Masquerade must stand. Our entire species rides on it. And if that thing gets out of its prison? He's going to be a walking breach. We're the line between that and peace, whatever mood the Prince is in."

Calm and collected, pointing out the reality of the situation even as she agreed with their sentiment, the Sheriff demonstrated some of her solid capability for leadership.

3 sux to provide calm and effective leadership!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 00:49:48 Lina Moretti rolls 10 to Leadership: Manipulation + Persuasion + SL + Domain Status (10 Again) 7, 9, 6, 7, 9, 6, 2, 7, 1, 8 3 successes

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper made a noise somewhere between a growl and sigh.

"No. I agree that we cannot just leave it. However, if I cannot use hounds I am drawing a huge blank how I am of use in this operation. I am not getting into a death funnel with a rifle like it is fucking Kesternich. Not for Her. If the Invicus cannot do shit all about this, why not work directly with the Kindred of Folsom and gain some traction outside representation of the Domain?"

His attention flicked briefly to Arturo in the mirror. The Savage didn't see the point of continuing to enable Alessandra if she was just going to rely on the Grand Wyrm while spitting on their covenant. Garcia was Banished and had some incentive but likely not to risk his life for such flimsy whims.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Burning it out works well enough, hell set the dogs on fire if we need too. I am fighting my own beast every day to not lash out in seething rage - what good am I here? I am as a courtesy and to share ideas but that seems to have only put me in more danger. Had I agreed with that utterly stupid idea of parlay I would probably have had the sword to my neck for trying to get Jack killed.”

The Lord settled in in the back of the car. He listened to the other two.

”I take it you mean the Dragons, Prosper. I don’t blame you for looking outwards - it is hard to sustain order in madness.”

The sheriff was a pillar to say the least, trying to make the mission clear. Yes the first was the single most important thing there was - for all of them. But his death wasn’t going to help protect any of this.

L
    Lina Moretti

The fact that the Prince was apparently grumpy about something was not her forbidding the thing, but the feelings of frustration needed to be vented. "You aren't going to die, Garcia. Let's slow our roll for a sec, and get the information we need. It might be that we find something in the research and prep that makes a day swing untenable anyway, at which point, we don't even have to worry about it as a practical concern - rather, it'll just be another swing in a weird couple of months. And Deputy Prosper? I'm not throwing you into a trench. Period. So don't worry. That was a room of people coming up with the plan, so the right people could be assigned to do the actual work. Understand?"

The folks who had been in that room were not same as the crew who would be handling any operation. The point about looking outward wasn't a bad one, actually. The fact was, the First Estate had no means to actually assist Folsom, but regardless of what happened with the Regency, perhaps having Alessandra welcome an Elder with open arms was not a bad thing. The fact was, unless Gungrieve was an idiot, he would see who was actually helping him.

"Let me go have my conversation with Gungrieve. He's an Elder, not an idiot. Regardless of if we use the Invictus's resources or not, the guy is going to see who steps into the breach to help him. I need to get the measure of the guy a bit, and that opportunity is being set up."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Gangrel pinches the bridge of his nose, "Yup. Yup," he mutters as Lina talks, grinding the anxiety under his mental boot. It was unusual for him to be jumping the gun so readily, but frankly the older vampire was rattled. Age made monsters creatures of habit, and it felt like it was one button being pressed after another in rapid succession.

Mable Wood being Priscus while everyone snickered behind her back instead of fixing it; a Dragon supporting her over him because he wore a suit and didn't tout razor hands; Blackbird dying and the Chapterhouse still feeling the void; rules being misunderstood and those not quick on the draw being punished for simple miscommunication; his leaders utilizing Nazi tactics and rolling their eyes at his outrage; Kindred acting like sensitive Kine when he disagreed, cutting him off to brew their Beast. Lina digging up his dirty laundry and then using it as a tactic in her horribly reasonable debate. He white-knuckled the wheel.

Garrett wanted to laugh and roll his eyes at how foolish it was, but the old rage was colouring everything now, feeling helpless as he watched those in authority make mistakes because They. Wouldn't. Listen. Not unless it was the narrative they wanted. The angry suicidal Lord in the back got it, at least.

Fuck, he hated his species.

"Cool. That is perfectly logical. I can be patient," he said, blinking at Lina as he smiled. "Garcia, I think what we take away from this is to just stay off Alessandra's radar. You probably just rile her Beast more than others."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread