Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mariel calls Olivette

THREADID

Mariel had gone to the Avalon to find Olivette's phone contact number. She dialed it, hoping that she wouldn't have to leave a message.
    Brrrrrrrrrrring. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Olivette put down her book; I'll Take Manhattan by Judith Krantz, before answering the phone. She didn't look at the caller ID, because it was immaterial -- she would answer, regardless.

"Mr. Clarke's office, this is Olivette."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Hello, Olivette, smiled Mariel. This is Mariel calling from the Church. I need to set up an appointment with your boss, and I'd like to bring our newest priest. It's rather urgent, she added, hoping to convey that she wasn't looking to make a purely social call.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Looking at the warehouse through the windshield, Olivette glanced at her watch. It had been over half an hour, and she had no idea what was going on in there. For all she knew, with the Naetesh and Stamford women, he was having an all night orgy.

"I'm sorry, Miss Mariel, but he's not available right now, and his schedule is in a bit of a flux. This isn't something Mr. Staley can handle?"
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mr Staley seems not to be returning his calls lately, sighed Mariel. Could we set this up for another evening? Say, another evening of the boss's choice? It's waited this long, I don't suppose another day will be the end of the world. Or, I'm happy to have you contact me later this evening, on the off chance that his schedule will have cleared.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I will make a note that you called, Ma'am, and pass it on to Mr. Clarke," Olivette offered. She left it unsaid that whether or not he made an appointment wasn't her decision.

Mariel sighed. Demons could be taking over the whole town, and she couldn't get a meeting with the one person who really needed to know about it to save her life.

Alright. Please tell him that there is a new player in town that I feel certain he will want to know about, and that my request to meet with him is urgent.

She disconnected the call. Well, if that doesn't get him to call me back, I don't know what will.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I will," Olivette assured her, then waited to see if there was anything more.

Mariel has disconnected the call, so all Olivette hears is empty air.

Closed Thread