(Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis moves away from the crowd and over to Juno's Warrior Statue, examining the folds of the fabric carved out of stone, impressed with the skill it takes to carve stone so delicately. Of course, he wasn't an artist. It might have been a simple thing to do, one of the first things you figure out when you pick up a hammer and chisel. But it certainly looked impressive to him.

L
    Lina Moretti

Small and stealthy, the footsteps of the Sheriff were quiet as she slid up next to Ellis Meadows alongside the warrior statue of Juno. It really was quite something, wasn't it? Mable certainly had fun taste in decor, far from the staunch Invictus norm and closer to what Lina might expect from the cultist. Glancing sidelong at her new conversation partner, the Sheriff asked, "What does it mean to you, Mister Meadows? See anything that speaks to you here?"

She, too, could do artistic discussions.

For about a minute.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

A thought occurs to Ellis while he listens to the conversations that spring up as the large glob of Kindred around the stairs breaks apart into smaller groups like clots in an artery, and he runs back his memory of the evening.

If he was alive, he'd have to sigh at himself. If he was playing the game with himself, he'd have to ding himself.

So he finishes up his examination of the statue, and moves out to crash another conversation

Bored now! Ellis is going to go bother Jacque and Madcap over here

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

With all the grace of a dancer, Ellis turns on his heel after maybe a second of ghosting the Sheriff. "Well, I would hazard to say that it tells me I should start with examining the Councilor statue instead of the Warrior. My apologies Sheriff Moretti, I don't know where my head is this evening. Would you accept a trivial boon to overlook my blonde moment? I sincerely meant no offense."

He didn't feel like he was high. Maybe this was some kind of karmic curse for his many sins.

Cross Lina Moretti

L
    Lina Moretti

"Sure," Moretti replied, accepting the tiny amount of Prestation offered for nothing. "You've got an accord, Meadows. Tell the Harpy you owe it when you get a chance." Look at that. A slight, give a Trivial, that's that. The amount you could force with a Trivial was small, but the amount of respect you could buy for being willing to offer one? Well above what the Boon was worth.

Glancing over at the rising volume over at Madcap and Jack's table, she sighed and rubbed her temple. For all of his silver tongue, the Herald really didn't have much of a sense for people. A guy like Madcap wasn't hard to read. How did you deal with a Typical Warrior Gangrel? Straight talk. To the point. Small but meaningful offers of apology. And, of course, the Gangrel was... well, a Gangrel. Expect anything else in Court, play games... it was like oil and water.

"Well, cousin. It's never boring, is it? How was last month? I found myself buried in law enforcement."

Her eyes flicked every now and again in the general direction of where Madcap was currently suggesting that Jack should leave him be in no uncertain terms. She was curious: would there be Pearl Clutching? Was anybody was going to intervene over a little bit of debate and temple, or would they be left to handle their shit like adults?

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis nods at Lina's acceptance. And that, as they say, was that. Tension diffused. Bomb disarmed. Boil lanced.

"Indeed Sheriff. It was like a high school dance. Lots of standing in corners. Everyone walking on eggshells, waiting for someone else to reach out first. Both Her Grace and the Madame Harpy were, I can only assume, consumed with their own duties as well. Her Majesty and the Madame Seneschal were in attendance. Much of Clan Gangrel was absent, and it is good to see them in attendance once again." Ellis says pleasantly, certainly with absolutely no hidden meaning behind his words. "Her Majesty revoked Mr. Kind's Banishment, for which I assume he is grateful. There was talk about music for court. I spoke with Deputy Mitnick for a time, he's a shrewd one. He zeroed in on some of my motives straight away. I expect he'll make a good Dragon, he keeps his cards close to his chest. The Keeper decorated with flowers. It was very pleasant, a little flower child for my personal tastes, but that's not a bad thing. I met the Herald."

Ellis raises one hand to politely signal for Jacque 's attention. It was a small gesture, an escape hatch that the other man could accept with some grace and perhaps save a little face in doing so or disregard and keep poking the bear, at his leisure. Ellis did, after all, need to speak with him for a moment. And he'd hate for someone to challenge Jacque to Monomancy.

Again.

"I hope that your toil on behalf of the Domain bore some fruit, Sheriff Moretti. It is appreciated."

L
    Lina Moretti

Walking on eggshells, waiting for someone else to reach out first. Talk of music. Flowers. Lina's smile was polite and close-lipped as he gave his report. She was socially adept, certainly socially adept enough to not pop out and start talking about how fucking boring all that sounded. Yes, she'd made the right choice to do her job hard and talk to her people in the wake of April's oddities. Time spent Dansing a boring two-step was time she could spend making sure they even had a Domain to live in and argue about.

Still, there were some good pieces in there. Perhaps the Prince had seen her report about what Kind had done. The compliments about her Deputy were well received as well.

"Thank you. It did, very much. My team managed to misdirect some Feds who were connected to the old Hunter situation, get them interested in things somewhere else, and we got some good information on the Echelon matter I spoke to you about. All told? I'd say the Law had a good month. I appreciate you giving me the update on Court last month, and I'm glad to hear about Mr. Kind's efforts being recognized. Call the Trivial even."

See? You could pay a thing, and it could be gone just as fast. Information had value. Your Prestation, hard at work.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque politely waits for a pause in the conversation and acknowledgement of his approach before addressing the two politely, "Sheriff," he offered with a bow of his head.

Turning his gaze to Ellis, "Mister Meadows, did you need something from me or were you just inviting me to the conversation?" or both...

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The Feds? My, that sounds like a story, are the details something you can share Sheriff Moretti? Or is it..." Ellis is distracted by the new arrival and her army of thralls. Unutterably glad the Prince wasn't in attendance to react to the display, Ellis was intrigued. Still, he had things to do. He would keep an eye on it and add it to the List. "I'm sorry, Sheriff Moretti. Are the details something you can share, or are they sealed to the Office for now?" Ellis asks, nodding in response to the mention of the Trivial.

It was all well and good to work tirelessly in the defense of the Domain, but it helped if others had an idea of what that involved. Thankfully, Court was perfect for letting those kinds of details out into the wild under the cover of innocuous conversation.

Ellis is disappointed when Jacque continues to poke the bear, but at least he finally does withdraw. Even if he waited too long to do so. At least he was coming over this way and Ellis wasn't going to be forced to chase him down.

"Herald, yes. Two things." Ellis says, nodding to Jacque with a smile. "The first is that I owe you an apology for mistitling you earlier. There's a lot of things I could say to explain why, but the reason for doing so matters less than the fact that an insult was made. Please accept a Trivial Boon from me as a gesture of my sincerity in this matter."

"With that in mind, the second thing is that I have some advice for you, if you are willing to listen to it." Ellis continues smiling, as he glances at Madcap from across the room. "It is free of charge."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable walked up to Jack and the small group gathered. "Evening Sheriff. Mr. Meadows, Herald. Sorry to interrupt, Just doing a quick check in."

Looking at Jack, "Everything good now? Can the issue be resolved out of court? Anything I can do?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread