Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Gravel split under the grey sedan as it rolled up, a third time, onto Cole's farm. The mannequin sent off a quick text, wearing extremely casual joggers and loose tank top that exposed the articulated joints and sculpted frame of glass. Cole apparently was trying, and Fawkes had made a promise that he would buy into progress. The ability to casually dismantle into a storm of shards and the automatic weapon concealed under his baggy getup provided the last boost of confidence that the little punk wasn't going to take him for an idiot, charging out of his forge with blood and vengeance on the brain.

Nevertheless, he did send Richard Price a quick note as to what would be happening today. He had even managed to sleep properly with the pills his contact hooked him up with.

Smoke roiled out of the open window as he puffed away, switching off the notes of modern orchestra as he listened for any surprises—the chariot awaits.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-03 22:06:32 Fawkes rolls 5 to perception check (10 Again) 2, 4, 5, 8, 7 1 success

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

No surprises, no tricks. Cole came out- a bit hungover, but capable enough. The pack he carried had a change of clothes and some standard medical gear, nothing special though.

"Hey Fawkes. Thanks for picking me up." If there was anything malicious going on here, Cole was entirely too dense and too blunt to be a part of it.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes peers over his sunglasses and gives Cole a casual flick if the wrist for a wave. His arm rested on the edge of the window, occasionally sliding to take another drag while his right hand stayed on the wheel.

"Hi Cole. What have you been up to?"

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole got in the car, and stretched, setting the bag on his lap.

"Drank a bit, talked to Rhodes, drank a bit, talked to Circe, drank some more, talked to Seraphina. The usual. How about yourself." It was somewhat more complicated than that, but the explanation gave the gist of it. All that remained was to see whether each of their suggestions bore any fruit.

"I heard we have some new summers. Any troublemakers like me? Any more cousins?"

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

"Situational alcohol abuse usually is a cry for help," Fawkes says flatly, blowing a stream of smoke out the window. "You sober for this?"

The torrent pulls out of the border back onto the isolated country road. "I'm good. Organized with Spring a bit. The new guys are trained in occult on par with the Leaden Mirror, it's a nice shift," Fawkes missed talking with other academics. "One is an actual nurse, the other is a big motherfucker into sports and mental health."

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

"I'm sober enough. And this is one of the 'solutions' to help me. If this doesn't work out I'll try something else." Had to be something that would help

"Spring is good- they're a helpful bunch." The new arrivals... Cole wondered if any of them might relate to his interpretation of Wrath. Still- they could help, it looked like.

"It seems like we could all use some health advice lately." Fawkes and Cole didn't seem the soundest of mind. "Anyways- where we going?"

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

"Depends. Are you just wanting to break stuff, or are you wanting a mental exercise for control?" If it was a trick question, Fawkes wasn't showing any outward signs. It wasn't really clear in the text what Cole meant by 'training', but it might just be the simple fact that he didn't really know what he wanted at the moment. The Corporal was fine with pushing him to think on it, because he certainly wasn't one to make the logic leap for him.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

"I'm just looking for an outlet right now. So, break stuff I guess- if I learn a bit in the process, that's also fine. I just want a reason to punch someone without losing anything else." He wanted a fight club, not a training space. A safe outlet for his wrath. That didn't seem too bad a thing to ask for, compared to the alternative.

"So long as I'm not risking the law... EITHER law, it's fine right?"

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes chuckles, his face actually shifting to accommodate the humour. It was a marked change that was obvious, even for Cole. "Okay. So, two options." Some of the smoke trails through the micro cracks that now littered his mask, but none of the sand leaked this time.

"We go somewhere secluded and you unload on some structures. It isn't focused or has any real purpose, and I assume you do that here, anyway. Or I get you into fight. People place bets. Can't guarantee how the hosts will dictate outcomes if the numbers sweep in a direction they aren't keen on. Obviously you keep your shit mundane in that circumstance?" he prompted, turning his head briefly. "That requires control. Sometimes you'll be asked to take a hit. And keep control. That's the exercise." The Elemental didn't give a shit if Cole popped. One less Bad Guy if he caused an aneurysm on one of the gang members. A room full of firearms didn't really care about your invisible Wyrd armour. Screaming at them just expedited twitchy hands of other untrained professionals.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

"Breaking things doesn't do it for me- I already tried with the furniture. I'll need something that punches back for it to feel authentic I think- for it to work." Cole didn't like the idea of taking a fall- it wasn't something he'd ever thought to do. Still... "If I can get some punches in, slam some people into the ground, that will be enough. Hopefully." Cole had been in fights of course- plenty of bar brawls. But nothing official, nothing organized.

Maybe it'd be good for him.
    "Can't read you lad. I suppose that's the point. One minute you're as rigid and ordered as a windup soldier, the next you're proposing underground fights.... Are we going somewhere outside the Freehold?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread