Ended
Watch

On the page

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus entered the chapter house and made his way up the stairs and gave the open door a knock, "Lina, you around."

Atticus wore his normal gear, jeans, shirt, OD green jacket. He had a ruck sack over his shoulder. He wasn't looking forward to how this conversation was going to go, so if he needed to dash he could. All his worldly belongings were in this bag.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina was sitting in her front room on a simple leather couch, a file of some sort or another in front of her. Armed and wearing comfortable athletic pants and a black tank top, the Grand Wyrm plainly had been relaxing before his text had come. Atticus's Beast jarred her even as she looked up at him, the familiar presence somewhat strange.

Perhaps it was the rucksack on his shoulder. Her gaze fixed on the Gangrel. She cocked her head just slightly to the side, eyes seeing beyond sight, as though she were looking through him.

"Going somewhere, Scribe?"

aura per, minus resolve and comp probbbbbbabbly fails!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-04 00:02:55 Lina Moretti rolls 7 to Aura Perception (Int + Empathy + Auspex) (10 Again) 1, 1, 4, 9, 10, 3, 8, 6 3 successes

A
    Atticus James

"Just getting back actually," Atticus set the rucksack down. "We need to talk."

Atticus looked tired, which is rare for one of the kindred, they normally just looked... like themselves. "I met with Alessandra."

Yep, failed.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina hooked an ankle over her other knee, eyes searching his face idly instinctively for what social cues the Gangrel was giving off as to truth and motivation. He looked tired, which was strange, but then, he explained what the issue was.

"Oh?"

Her tone suggested curiosity, and a little bit of mystification.

"And how is our dear Prince? Did you find her in one of her better moods? By the way Mr. Prosper tells it, it sounds like a real thrill ride of late, one with unpredictable twists and shocking turns."

She gestured to the sofa across from her as an indication that he ought to sit before folding her hands on her lap.

1 sux to empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 01:00:55 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 5, 7, 2, 7, 1, 9 1 success

A
    Atticus James

"It waddn't a good time, I'll tell you that," Atticus pads his bare feet over to the sofa and flops down. Atticus scratches his unshaven jawline. "I'm pretty sure Florin is lost to us. She kept saying she wanted to work with us, and she didn't mean to punish all the dragons, but I don't buy it. I asked her price, she wouldn't give me nothing." Atticus stretches his arms up and rests them atop his head. "So we gonna need another plan. Move to Krieg's land, work to force her to give it back to us. I've been unchained before. Would rather not do it again, but it's a thing. So what's the plan there Grand Wyrm." Atticus' eyes look to Lina, his scar ever present.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 09:07:48 Atticus James rolls 4 to Composure+Subterfuge (10 Again) 5, 8, 3, 6 1 success

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina let out a little 'ah'. It appeared he hadn't done the math yet on the workaround that their own power had given them. "You walked into a pretty fraught situation by going in to see her. She's acting erratically lately, from what I've seen and been told. Stability is not something she can ensure anymore, because she herself is dealing with her wobbling plates -- and she has been only responding to some of my reports and ignoring my calls for meetings." Court in April had been telling, and Madcap and Prosper's updates had been very interesting, indeed. "With her having pissed off the others real bad, it's not just about Florin anymore."

She held up a finger and went to a desk to grab a map of Sacramento, with lines drawn on it in approximately the districts of the Domain.

"There need to be two plans. One, you were already working on. Mr. Prosper's political success among the Gangrel, along with Ms. Vitale's in the Mekhet and my long-standing Tenancy in the Communal Feeding Grounds makes Florin meaningless. We'll continue to fight for the symbol, and keep our mouths shut as to where our Haven really is... but Priscus Prosper will be handing out Tenancy shortly to the Ordo Dracul Dragons here."

Her finger came down in the Communal Feeding Grounds. The House would need to move.

"The second plan, we need to talk about.
    The Prince has been acting in a fashion inconsistent with stability. If this continues, there are only ever three options. Sit and take it, fight to stop it, or move to avoid it. I'm curious to know how you would handle it."

A
    Atticus James

Atticus thought for a long time. He took a cigarette out and lit it. Offering the lit cigarette to Lina, if she takes it, he will take one of his own. If she doesn't he will smoke the one he has.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 12:04:54 Atticus James rolls 7 to How does Lina feel about this, (Wits+Empathy) (10 Again) 9, 1, 3, 1, 3, 3, 4 1 success

L
    Lina Moretti

With a pleased little noise, Moretti accepts the cigarette. It had been a while since she had smoked. Atticus didn't get much off of her, though - while she wasn't putting her significant skills of active manipulation to work, the Grand Wyrm wasn't an easy read at the best of times. Surface layer? She was curious about what he thought about it.

1 sux to resist, tie to defender
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 13:10:39 Lina Moretti rolls 4 to Composure + Subterfuge (10 Again) 5, 10, 2, 1, 4 1 success

A
    Atticus James

"Fight to take it. If it's that bad, then that is what we need to do, but..." Atticus thought for a moment. "Who sits. If Ale takes the long walk, who takes the short one? You? Prosper? Krieg?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"I'm not sure we're there yet. I still need to have a meeting myself and suss this out some. But." She paused, thinking a bit, herself. What was best? To take Praxis herself would be to drive her off the greater course of the Great Work, slowing down her meteoric progress toward overcoming the curse of the Elder Moretti's Vitae. She had little doubt that she or Prosper could do what needed to be done, but they were mere babes in the face of what could come from the Ordo Dracul. The Covenant trusted the Oracles to lead.

"Honestly? If it did get there? I'd probably call up Parliamentarian Kent, the Elder who took my Oath of Mysteries, and see if there's an appropriate Elder Oracle who would make proper use of the Domain for the Great Work. Perhaps even her, herself. We've got a job to do, and I'm not desperate to be Prince. Our Chapter is strong and progressing, and we should keep it going that way."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.