(1906) The Court of Juno

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap's eyes again were drawn to the Keeper as she apologized and he chuckled.

"Keeper, I know we don't know each other well," he states, "but I think you know me well enough to know I don't give a fuck about what you call me. I am your cousin. We are family. Be at ease."

"The Dragons hold a particular ideology and belief surrounding our condition, Keeper," he said, "but I won't discuss it here. Not within these walls."

Madcap was not shy about his distrust of the Court it seemed, but he was open to discussing the matter further. Just not here. And not anywhere in which Mable was acting in the capacity of the Prince's Keeper.

"A pleasure, Ellis, and thanks for the info," he says. Then, as Ellis mentions his suspicions of Jacque wanting to speak to Finley, the Bruja can't help but laugh, "I suspect the Herald will want to talk with anyone who will listen," he says, his tone amused, "but I won't be among them."

The ever honest Madcap seemed to be none to shy about his displeasure towards the weasely Lord either.

Then entered Krieg and son of Bruja's face adopted a more serious cast. He approached, offered a deep nod and extended his hand to the Giant.

"Hierophant Krieg," he said, "It's no small amount of luck meeting you. I am Madcap, Supplicant of Terror."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper whistles brightly to himself as he descends back into Court with the usual fan fair of a well tailored Dolce & Gabbana three piece in slate and blues, and a conservative weapon as per one of the new offices he held. He wasn't a big fan of advertising such things in Elysium, keeping it concealed and professional.

The Savage eyes up the statues and decor with interest while he takes a moment to acclimate to the twitching muscle and needling up his spine at the presence of the formidable pair of Gangrel, and the newest addition to Clan Daeva.

"Injected a bit of life into the place, Keeper Mable," he laughed, shaking off the anxiety as he offered a respectful nod to his cousin. "Glad to see you take to the task. I did not expect Roman imagery," Garrett said with curiosity. The patron of marriage and childbirth was an interesting choice for a vampire.

He blinks at Madcap, surprise shifting into a grin. "Good to see you, surprised we are here before the officers," he says as he looked around the arena. There wasn't any scorn in his tone, just surprised that the Savages of all Clans were the early birds.

A nod is offered to Krieg, "Hierophant, I see you are embracing the theme. How was your celebration? I am kicking myself for missing it, having never had a chance to observe the Circle's traditions."

Finally, he flashes Ellis Meadows a small smile as he seizes up the predator. "I did not have the time to speak with you on the night of your Acknowledgement. Garrett Prosper of the Ordo Dracul, Deputy and Priscus of Gangrel," he says as he offers a hand.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian stepped into the Nox and onward below. She wore a bright purple dress which fit her mood that evening when she was getting ready for going out. She had saw the message from Ale. It made her put on something a little more professional but, fitting her decent mood. She and Jacque would be representing Her Majesty that evening. Hopefully no one started anything ridiculous.

As the Deava began decending the stairs, her face and mood went from upbeat and smiles to a very distinct face. Was the decor approved? If so, why didn't she receive word about it. Her mind went through a few things, while she finished walking down the stairs and checking through all of her messages. At least she was distracting her beast, or the odd decor was doing that.

Either way, she couldn't help but ask quietly to no one in-particular. "Who died?" Vivian's brow had rose as she looked to see only a few in attendance so far. The statues then became apparent. This was a bit much for the Elysia. Perhaps Ale was aware and that's why she decided not to attend.

Reminder, long conversations should be taken to a side thread.

L
    Lina Moretti

Enter the Sheriff of Sacramento, clad in black. Dark pants, well-fitted for form and function, rising from flats and a sweater. Her ever-present knife rested on her hip, a reminder of her duty as an enforcer of the Domain's peace. A leather jacket completed the ensemble as she came forth from her office, a distant look in her eyes and a polite smile on her face. The smile tightened as she came into the room full of Beasts, anxiety and rage in turns assaulting her as she came. Eyes flicked to count objects -- whoa, those were some interesting art pieces -- and through her well-practiced techniques, she got herself centered.

She gave Vivian York the nod she was due as the Seneschal. "Hello, Seneschal York." To the Keeper, she said, "Congratulations on your new gig, Keeper," with a genuine smile and a twinkle in her all-too-human eyes.

She turned her attention to the group at large.

"How is everyone tonight?"

For once, Lina Moretti did not show up in Court with a file in hand. Apparently, her time here tonight was to be spent socializing.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way down the stairs and into the common area wearing a tan vest with a red tie, hearing the exchange of pleasantries and less than pleasantries. Oh yes, that is still on the list. Unfortunate, but I should have assumed he wasn't the patient type. He glanced around at the new decorations, followed by Krieg's outfit. Given their conversations about religion he imagined this was the obviousness Alessandra mentioned.

"Good evening," he said in a general salutation, followed by bows of his head and recognition of titles to the other officers present. He was glad to see the larger presence this month but curious just how the evening would unfold.

"Conversely, I'll also listen to anyone who will talk," he adds to Madcap's critique with a smile as he focuses on stilling his beast from the presence of the mixed company. "I apologize that it has taken so long to find some time for us, but it isn't out of any type of malice. Should be sooner than later though." Barring any new Domain business, at least. He shrugged offering a solution, "Unless you happen to feel like something a little less formal. Perhaps grabbing a drink once the evening starts winding down?"

Considering his analysis of Jacque being a leper after only three quarters of a single night, he imagined there had been some extensive gossip going around the past couple of months. It was to be expected, especially since Arturo's lips loosened extensively after their spat.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek arrives in a black suit, black shirt, and blood red tie. Nothing that popped out really. He looked skinnier without the hoodie if anything. He checks his knife in at the coat check for the moment. It is his first Court as Deputy, but he has to confirm something before he starts walking around with a knife on him. Not that anyone would take the slender Shadow as a very threatening deterrent.

He makes his rounds, eyeing the arrivals cautiously before approaching Vivian York . "Good evening, Seneschal York. Such a...um, vibrant ensemble, you look...very nice," he says while forcing a smile. "I, uh, just need to speak with someone, but I hope we can chat again this evening."

He lingers for her reply, if any, before moving along to Mable Wood . "Good evening, Keeper Wood. Lovely, um, decorations. I just want to let you know you can call upon me tonight for any reason to ensure a peaceful evening. Or, uh, if you still need help with the WiFi or something. Anyways, that's all. Didn't mean to interrupt." He nods with weak smile to her many gentleman callers, lingering long enough for a reply before again moving along.

He stops at Lina Moretti . "Sheriff. Um, good evening. That, uh, thing you needed to confirm before. Did you find out about it?"

7. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

One. Two. Three. Someone was an eager beaver tonight.

"Madame Seneschal, Sheriff Moretti, Priscus Prosper, Whip Jacque, Deputy Mitnick." Ellis nods to each, and shakes Prosper's offered hand while he suppresses his reactions to the warring demands of the Beast as best he can. "Entirely understandable, Priscus Prosper. Everyone was very busy that evening, and in the month afterwards. Ellis Meadows of the Invictus, Daeva."

"I am doing well, Sheriff." Ellis says. "But I think I will withdraw a little, so to avoid congestion on the stairs. Your pardon, Keeper. I would greatly enjoy continuing our conversation whenever you are available."

Ellis bows his head to everyone once more, before withdrawing to the statue of Juno the Warrior.

As suggested, I'll open a side thread here to keep the hub thread un-cluttered

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was feeling good. The new production at BDN had opened well and with summer arrived it looked like it was going to carry well through the next number of months. And so it was that she arrived at court, a smile lingering.

Skipping past the coat check she stepped into Court proper, ready for the sudden surge of her Beast against the restraints she held against it. It was early enough that the crowd wasn't all consuming but it was not dismissible either.

Spotting Vivian York , Twist offered the Seneschal of the City a curtsy first. And then to Mable Wood a bowed head as well as Lina Moretti before moving past the entry way.

Spotting Jacque Twist then glanced around for Rebecca Simmons , but it seemed she had not yet showed up yet. She was hoping to catch up with the two of them, to see what progress had been made. Well, the evening was young yet, there was time.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

K
    Krieg

EDIT: Krieg then receives a text message and then excuses himself from the gathering.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap is about to reply to the Giant before Krieg leaves quite suddenly. Then he shrugs, "Must have been one hell of a message." he says, mostly to himself.

"Evening, Priscus," he offers as Prosper stops by for a hello, "We'll... see how it goes."

Then came Vivian. In comparison to many of the officers, Madcap had a liking for the Seneschal, no doubt due to their pleasant interaction before his early departure from Court in April. Though unsure where that might have put him on York's shitlist, he'd offer the Daeva a nod. "Evening, Seneschal," he said before smirking at her question, "And, technically all of us. Right?"

"Evening, Sheriff," he said with a near-smile, "I'm well enough."

Then there was Jack. As pale eyes found the man, Madcap's countenance grew considerably colder, but not so much as to suggest impending violence. He didn't like the little Lord. That didn't mean the Bruja wished him dead.

At Jack's apology, Madcap let out a huff.

"I'm sure, Herald," he said, his tone easily conveying that he did not feel Jack's apology was genuine. Then came the offer to meet and Madcap... weighed his options.

"Contrary to popular belief," he begins before glancing to the Prince's office, "I ain't an idiot. The way I see it the Laws of Elysium suit us both. If you want a meeting, it happens here."

Tonight.

Jack wanted to talk. Fine. However, Madcap was not of a sort to beg for a meeting and he sure as hell wasn't foolish enough to meet Jack outside of the walls of Elysium.

"If that's your aim, you can find me over there. If not, it ain't any skin off my back," he says bluntly, pointing to a booth at the far side. Then he turned to address the rest of them, "Same goes for any who have business with me, I guess? Not sure why you would, but hey. The offer's there."

As he began to move, the Bruja took note of Twist's arrival. She was the Prince's enforcer. The Prince and Madcap did not get along. Family issues and all that. However, it seemed Madcap was willing to play nice with her ally, as he afforded Twist a nod. "Ma'am."

Then Madcap moved to his chosen perch and sat.

I have opened a side-thread to avoid clutter here. Anyone is welcome to drop by!

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread