(Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The sun had just barely cracked it's great eye open over the Californian landscape. In these early dawn hours, the small amusement park known as Funderland was not yet open to the public. It was empty and dark, except for the creeping approaching of daylight. Thus, it was an excellent place for members of the freehold to find some peace and quiet, at least for a little while.

It was here that Sonnie Wu could be found. She stood in an open area of the park, a stretch of grass between the paved walkways, dressed in pink sweatpants and a black sports bra. Barefoot, her hair pulled back in a ponytail, the simian Beast was currently moving through a series of postures and stances, while gentle music played from her phone. Said phone lay atop her messenger bag, which sat on the grass a few feet away, next to her Hedgespun boots.

If one knew anything about the art of tai chi, one would recognize what Sonnie was doing.

Usually, she'd be doing this on the roof of her apartment building, but not this morning.

Sonnie enjoyed this practice. It eased the frenetic side of her mind, brought her some sense of calm and focus. The excitable monkey was relaxed. For now.

Open scene for 'Lings!
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Another night's work at the tables, a few late drinks, and some lurking in the shadows to snack on the Fear of the wary. It had been a good night, and the Dread Lord of Autumn was making his way home through the early morning light.

This is getting harder and harder, with Sera keeping me awake during the day like a normal person. You can't skulk in the day. People aren't scared of the day. *sigh*....

Rhodes moved towards Edna's, smiling to himself with his thoughts. Then he spots it, out of the corner of his eye. Something moving that is rarely there this time in the morning.

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-30 15:23:03 Rhodes rolls 6 to Sneaking: Dex+Stealth+spec (10 Again) 10, 8, 10, 10, 9, 5, 1, 9, 5 6 successes

Edging his way silently along to where Sonnie it doing her exercises, the Dread Lord leans casually on a tree for several moments, before clearing his throat loudly enough to make her jump.

"It's a little early for the food kiosks, Sonja." He gives the monkey girl a roguish smile and wink.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Calm. Peace. Quiet... but not too quiet. Just the right amount. Sonnie was relaxed. Meditative, even. And...

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-30 15:33:49 Sonnie Wu rolls 5 to Notice Rhodes? Wits + Comp (10 Again) 2, 2, 10, 2, 7, 3 1 success

Totally surprised by the sudden appearance of the Autumn King. To her credit, she rolled into a defensive stance with practiced ease. The Beast might have been caught unawares, but her reflexes were sharp. A beat before recognition set in.

"Oh! Hello! I didn't expect anyone else here this early!" Her posture relaxed again, as did her facial expression, which moved from feral caution to casual friendliness. "Not raiding the vendors yet. That's after my workout. What brings you here at this hour, King of Sneaky?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The eyebrows raise slightly at the monkey's nimble reactions. Excellent reflexes.

"Oh, you know. Night shifts. Plus with all Sera's wardrobe space, there really isn't room for many of my things," He jokes lightly, examining his nails. "What about you? There must be easier places to train than Funderland. Or do you just like ambiance?" Rhodes gestures around. The park was wonderfully peaceful in the early morning chill. The Flowering personally likes the eerie silence, the stillness.

On your own? It could be downright creepy.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I've seen her closet. My apartment could fit in there." She smirked and resumed her exercises, with no self-consciousness. "I usually do my tai chi on my building's rooftop, but the landlord is re-tarring it or something, so I had to find a substitute for a few days."

The easy-going music from her phone had continued unabated. "Any place will do, really, if it offers some serenity. You ever try tai chi?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"As have I. It's magnificent, isn't it?" Rhodes responds. The couple shared a love of looking their best, and though his own wardrobe was quite extensive, it had nothing of Seraphina's. Fairest would preen so, after all.

He shakes his head, still leaning against the tree. "Not really my thing. It surprises me you do this, really. I thought you disliked stereotypes, what with hating bananas and all. What made you choose here?" The icy cold of his Mantle breezes away from the tree.

"I heard your girls night was a rousing success. Sera is already planning the next one," the Flowering says with a chuckle, before yawning loudly. "Urgh - do excuse me. It's been a long night. Profitable, but long."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie laughed, but nothing disrupted her practice, "I was floored! I'm scared to see her monthly clothes shopping bill, though."

"Eh, I grew up in Chinatown. San Fransisco's, not here. I've been doing tai chi since I was a kid. And who said I hate bananas?"
    She tried to remember if she had ever said it as a joke or something, but nothing came to mind.The 'Scrambler shrugged slightly, "Banana jokes just seem a little easy for me. Where's the challenge, you know? But I like them just fine."

"Funderland seemed safer than a public park, this time of day. Relatively, at least."

Smilng, Sonnie nodded to Rhodes, "I had a blast! We got all kinds of fun ideas for the future!" She looked at the Fairest curiously for a second, "Profitable? Huh. You know, I just realized I have no idea what you do for a living. I assume bring Autumn King doesn't come with a paycheck."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

For how often the Beast would be distracted in events, she seemed to have remarkable control for the time being. Was it all an act? Or a simple consequence of her change? Either way, Of all the people in the Freehold, Sonnie was certainly one of the more benign. "It's worse when she comes to try and trim things down. It never works out." He'd seen Sera try.

Rhodes ponders. "I heard things were pretty nasty out from The City, at least how Circe tells it. One of my Court stared too far into the abyss. I hope you didn't have any trouble. She sounded like a nasty piece of work, from the rumors." He nods as Sonnie explains. "It can get boring, just going for the low hanging fruit." The dry joke is given a half-smile.

He nods. It was good to know the Monkey could be playful, but had a good head on her shoulders. Being Spring didn't need to mean being negligent. That reminds me. I need to sit down with my Treasured Darling.

The Fairest sighs. "Sadly not, you're right. Would that it did.... And very few people ask what I do. I think they assume I wizard up some gold. I don't know what you do either. But... I work card tables. Poker. Blackjack. I have a knack for it, it pays cash in hand an keeps me reasonably off the grid. Also tends to mean unsociable hours," he gestures to the early morning light, "But I see Sera before I come out for the night, so not all bad. What about you, Sonnie? How do you keep your closet-sized apartment paid for?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"If Sera wants to edit down her wardrobe, I'd take some off her hands, but it sounds like there'd be slim pickings."

Sonnie stuck her tongue out at the low-hanging fruit joke, but giggled nonetheless. "When I came back, I didn't stick around for long. A week, maybe two? Hard to remember. I was still a little feral when I climbed out of the Thorns. But the locals found me and taught me the basics, I got sworn in with Spring, but then I took off. That was a year and half ago, I think? Before everything there went to pot, I guess. So I dunno much about the troubles there."

The Beast was definitely more... focused... than usual. Maybe it was the tai chi. Martial arts often had meditative qualities. She cycled through more advanced katas, though the whole exercise remained slow and smooth.

"Wait, so you're a professional gambler? Dude, that is awesome! Slot machines are pretty much my limit. My poker face sucks." She laughed, "I work for a local courier. Just delivering packages around town. It pays my rent and gives me a lot of free time, so I like it."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods "Usually. . "Sounds like you got lucky - or you arrived after, or both. Way I hear, my counterpart, a lady named, Anne, was a doll-maker and into some very dark past-times. We had a suspected rush with her several months ago, but she seemed to lose her interest in here shortly after. I keep watching the Dreams, just in case." He shrugs.

The Flowering smiles wide. "So glad you approve. I seem to have a knack for it, though I'm not fully sure where I picked it up. I think it had something to do with my time away, because the memory is very hazy. I just know when someone is bluffing, most of the time, and I enjoy the challenge. I'm good enough not to have to do anything else less interesting, any way." Rhodes plucks a stray stem from the wreath growing at his temples, and flicks it into the underbrush. "I enjoy watching people and their expressions, so I think that has something to do with it. I find people-watching fascinating. And, like you, it gives me plenty of time for more interesting pursuits. Lets me work on my research some more, go out for meals, and enjoy pleasurable company."

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread