Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Echelon) Documents and Discussions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Lina Moretti had reached out Rebecca, who sat like most nights in her office at the Nox. The design of the office was modern, to be sure. Walking in one's gaze would immediately land on Rebecca's desk; glass, simple and uncluttered. In front of the desk were two short, black leather chairs. Inside the office, to the right of the door, sat a black couch and another black chair around a glass coffee table.

Behind Rebecca's desk sat a wide walnut bookshelf that contained books related to many things, including pharmacy, drugs, and medicine. Among the books, separated by beautiful bookends, sat several devices from long forgotten medical eras. There were tools for the process of lobotomization, connectors for electroshock therapy, and a case of old scissors and scalpel that had seen god knows how many surgeries. On top of the bookcase was a collection of beakers and flasks and connectors. And at the end of it all sat a single flask, corked at the top with a dark powdery substance at the bottom. To any who entered the office there was the distinct impression that everything there had a place and that nothing would be out of it's designated space.

Unlike normal she kept a look of seriousness on her face, for this was not a social visit, but instead for work. With her mask up, she waited for the Sheriff's arrival.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-27 19:38:26 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 9, 4, 7, 2, 4, 7 1 success

Sorry for the delay in making this scene.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti found her way to Simmons' office, a turnaround from their usual residence in her own spot. She was carrying a folder, copies of information and evidence about the investigation of the Echelon Corporation. The Sheriff wore simple black pants and a white blouse, and her big Bowie was hanging from her hip, the file and the knife combining to make a symbol in these nights of her particular brand of law and order. "Priscus Simmons, good evening. How you doing tonight?"

She smiled at the Clan head of the Ventrue, the one who had replaced her coteriemate when he had left all those months ago on Dragon business.

"Before we get to calling a couple of folks in for work, I just thought I'd let you know that Jack and I talked and worked shit out. He wasn't trying to deceive you. He just... wasn't very tactful in what he was picking at. He just picked up on an old issue of mine that I had with my Sire, one that was sort of coloring my views about the Crone that have since been adjusted by gaining more information. I'd also like to register that Jack owes me a Trivial Boon."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Good evening," she said, standing to offer the Sheriff a bow before she sat back down. "Please have a seat."

Rebecca listened to her talk, then pulled out her notebook to notate the boon exchange. "I will make a note of it. I'm glad to hear there was no malicious intent in his words or actions, and that the matter is resolved."

Rebecca then pulled out a stack of printed papers along with the email itself. "I actually have received additional information as well, specifically in relation to the chemical. Echelon is directly involved." She slid the packet over for Lina's review.

L
    Lina Moretti

"I suspect his words were played for advantage, but I can't fault him for that. Vampire's gonna vampire, right?" An amused smile flashed as she sat down. She was going to wax on about the fact that so much in this Domain was frowned upon that was really just vampires doing vampire shit, but Rebecca grabbed her papers, sliding them over. "Oh? All right. Would you be so kind as to text Ellis Meadows and get him in here while I review this, please, Harpy? He's part of the next step... and we'll need someone who can change memories, ideally, too..."

Sitting down to review it, the scientific mumbo-jumbo was confusing, but the bits where Echelon asked for the research as part of the deal was obvious and clear to her private investigator eyes. Contacts in, items acquired... so that was how they got whatever this was. "Doc, I'm gonna need you to nerd at me a little here," she said in a joking tone. Glancing up from the papers, she felt a cold rage grip her heart as the Beast tried to jolt her forward. "What am I looking at here, exactly, science-wise and in terms a private eye can understand?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Don't they always," she said with a chuckle at her comment about vampires. "Of course," said before sending a text message to Ellis Meadows .

At Lina's comment of 'nerding' for her Rebecca smiled. "I apologize, I should have explained." She pulled the document back towards her in order to show the Sheriff pages specifying the information she would explain. "This research was done by a Doctor Yuya Johnson at the University of California Davis School of Medicine. It breaks down the toxins and anti-toxins that they're researching. I can see from the data that the toxin that was used to kill Cummings came from this research, but not directly. Someone else took this data and with some minor tweaking was able to make the one that can be used on Kindred. The financier of the project was Echelon and part of their deal was for them to gain copies of the search. The only conclusion I can come to is that this shows Echelon created the Kindred killing toxin."

L
    Lina Moretti

Data. The research done. It was all super solid work on the Doc's part, and her nerding made it much easier to understand what was going on in the paperwork in front of her. Following along until the conclusion, the Sheriff gave a satisfied smile once the Harpy was done.

"Stellar work. Yes. Awesome. Okay. We now know what needs doing with it. If you've got the data and they made Kindred-killing toxin by modifying it, then I need you to get on the science to make an anti-toxin for the Kindred version of this thing. Can you do that, between the sample you had and the data you've got here?"

Nerds. They were the best.

Is that Fed rubbing off on me...?

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis knocks at the Harpy's door, and once invited in he shuts the door behind himself. He is blushed, and dressed for a meeting somewhere else in a slim suit.

"Madam Harpy. Sheriff Mortetti." Ellis greets the pair with a nod as he takes a seat. "Am I correct in assuming this meeting is about the Lawyer situation we spoke of before, or can I assist the Domain in another fashion?"

It had been a minute since that conversation, and while he could keep his engine idling if he needed to, it sounded like the issue was just a little bit time sensitive.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Mr. Meadows," Lina replied with a nod, her teeth clenched beneath a close-lipped smile as his Beast roused her toward violence and her usual exercise of self-control. "You've got it. There's a thing needs doing, and you two are the right people for the job." Looking back to the Harpy, she waited a moment to let her answer her first question and give greetings before diving into it...

L
    Lina Moretti

Since it has been Rebecca's turn for a week and this is taking up a scene slot, I'll just give you the breakdown.

"Mr. Meadows, here's the deal. I want you to find a Ventrue who is proficient enough in their words to alter memories, and do it right fast. Once you've got that person, I'm going to introduce you to a lawyer who knows a hell of a lot about what's going on at Echelon. If you can't find one, well, we can interview her, get her talking -- and remind her that the Italian Mob owns her ass and saved her ass from the Mexican cartels. In any event, she's under the protection of the Prince, and we need to know what she knows. Specifically, about Echelon's operations... and if she knows the account password to a specific account at a specific bank."

She looked to the Harpy.

"I'd like to copy that research, please, Harpy. That okay by you?"

I'm good to roll this along.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis considers the matter for a moment. "I believe that I could work with Bishop Garcia, or Mr. Boyle on this matter easily, Sheriff Moretti. I would be able to work with Herald Jacque, but I don't believe that he would be able to work with me without derailing the issue with his ego. Jacque struck him as someone who very likely would have the right set of skills for this, but who would bungle it with incessant demands to take control of the situation and attempt to micromanage Ellis to the detriment of the task at hand. "I am unsure if any of them have the specific capability you are looking for, however."

He considers a little bit longer. "Do you have any objection to me reaching out to Mr. Finley in regards to this matter?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.