(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

“But doesn’t your Covenant worship goddesses?” she already knew the answer, “It may not be what you would consider religious or Covenant based, but it doesn’t belong in Court. I would rather you leave those out. I don’t mind flowers, flowers are fine.” Though there was the Invictus Flower Code, “But I would rather the decorations focus more on art, paintings, and would like to see what art catches your eye.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque scans over Mable's body language since her enthusiasm about the goddess was much different in Court. Regardless, the Lord quietly listens to the conversation continue.

He's attempting to discern why she's more reserved about the topic.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-04 14:15:26 Jacque rolls 3 to empathy regarding Juno (Wit + Empathy) (10 Again) 9, 6, 3 1 success

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable liked that she was willing to see what caught her eye.

"The covenant worships Morrigan. She is the goddess of the maiden, the mother, and the crone. My personal interests have always run to different myths, Roman, Egyptian, and Norse to be specific. I thought it would be a fun idea. But I get what you mean. No personal interests."

"Would it be ok to look at some of the artists from the art schools or art classes? Or maybe even a street artist? I would show you things first. I have seen some interesting sculptures that use things from junk yards. I could take pictures and send you first. Do we have a budget for purchasing things? or just offer exposure to artists?"

"For July, I was thinking something historic or patriotic for a theme. Any suggestions?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Curious, Jacque thought to himself. He had envisioned the Crone as worshiping several deities but perhaps he misunderstood. An inquiry best saved for another night. There would be nothing to gain by questioning her here. If anything, it would likely sour an otherwise stable working relationship.

"I would recommend against offering exposure as in my experience that gesture is frequently viewed as offensive. It sounds good on the surface but many take it as asking them to work for free." He shrugged. The choice was ultimately up to the Prince on stipends.

He smiled at the suggestion. She seemed to so innocently default to empowering Kine or recognizing their achievements. It was intriguing and yet another question best saved for another night. He gazed over to Mable, "Patriotism is certainly something." He taps his chin in contemplation, "I'm certain that you've no doubt noticed the unrest and discord in several of the recent courts. Can we build on that core idea of patriotism and make it into a more unifying theme for Kindred?" His wrist twisting outward towards Mable, "Perhaps something to do with clan colors?" He had more to the idea but wanted to give her an opportunity to build on the thought rather than overstepping.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Least she seemed to understand. This was good. Her and Mable always had a, difficult, relationship. So the more they could work together, the better.

“I lean more towards Kindred artists, or pieces such as the one you see in here. I would love to see more art from Kindred, it’s a shame Miss Weiss left the Domain, she was truly talented. Do we know of any other resident artists?” she asks. “But,” this was her trying to make an effort, “I am willing to look at pictures you have and based my decision of that.”

“Well, I believe we should keep themes for Formal Courts. I see patriotic as being a it of an issue. The Domain is comprised of Kindred from all over the world. I wouldn’t want someone to feel left out or offended. As far as historic, perhaps you could elaborate on that.”

Her attention moves to Jack as he spoke.

Now Clan Colors? That could prove fun. She looks back to Mable, curious what she would say.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable tapped her lip as she thought about that, "Clan colors? Like Scottish tartans? That does seem really awesome. Is that okay for July Court? " Mable's eyes glittered with excitement.

"That really would be great. Bring back some Clan pride."

Then art, "I will also start asking around about art. Even if they don't do art, they may have something they want to show. I'll send pictures to you first of course."

To Jack, "Very true. People do think the worst a lot. So I will not offer exposure."

"Other duties. How would you like me to proceed? If someone is causing an issue should I bring it to their Priscus of Whip?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled at Mable's excitement. He was glad the idea sparked such a reaction in her, "To prompt more conversation, you could perhaps shake things up and ask each attendee to wear another clan's colors. This should signify a memory or relationship with the chosen clan that had some meaning to the wearer." Though he played this game once already and the results were quite positive.

He scribbles a note and tears off a small corner of his paper to hand to Mable, "Here are the colors." Whether the Prince approved or not was yet to be seen, but it could be something to consider again down the road in a worse case scenario.

Note

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A thoughtful look, “Kind of. Traditionally some Clans like to wear their colors somewhere on their person to signify the Clan. But it’s not widely known or used, but it is something that can bring unity, which you seem to want to do.” She was trying, making an effort. “If you want to, sure. But just make sure the others know of the colors.” Not everyone was up to date on those. “But I do want to make you aware, it is typically an Invictus thing to wear Clan colors. I only say this because I expressed a desire to keep Covenants and religion out of Court. I don’t want it to be viewed as allowing one over another. So with the knowledge, I’ll let you decide if you wish to proceed or not.” Off all Covenant things, Clan colors was tame.

“That sounds like a good idea, I look forward to seeing what you find.”

Now the questions. “A good question, and it depends on what the issue is. A heated debate could easily be deescalated by a Priscus, but sometimes it needs a heavier hand. Some arguments don’t need anyone to step in, so it’s judging when it’s getting out of hand and knowing when to step in. But then if you involve the Priscus, who’s Priscus? If it’s members of different Clans, it gets tricky. So maybe you can step in and mention the Laws of Elysia and that they need to remain respectful while within. Should they not, then you escalate as needed. You’re going to need to use your judgement in each situation. And if you’re ever no sure, approach the Archon or Sheriff, both would be willing to help you.” No situation would be the same as before, Mable was going to have to learn as she went. “And please, ask as many questions as you want. I want to make sure we’re not only on the same page, but that your confident in your role.”

A nod to Jack with a chuckle, “Now that would create some interesting conversations.” Who would wear what?

Looking back to Mable, “I’ve learned that interesting clothes or costumes spark some fun discussions among Kindred. Asking and learning about their choice sometimes help us connect on a different level. We had a Steampunk themed Court once, then another themed Heaven and Hell. But themes like those spark something in Kindred, everyone goes all out, and people focus on costumes instead of tempers and dick measuring.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked at the note, "Thank you, I don't think I knew some of these clans colors."

"I think clan color celebration should be fine. After all we all have a clan, not everyone has a covenant. I'll Send out a notice. Also, I can make sure there are plenty of colored scarfs in case people don't hear about it they can just tie one on."
    Mable types a few notes into her phone.

"Yes, I can see every situation will be different. Having some general protocols in place will be helpful. I think knowing the general chain of command is a good start."

"I will think about a fitting theme for the next formal court and run it by you."

10. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque grinned at the Prince's amusement and nodded to Mable. With the shift in conversation back to the scope of the Keeper he had nothing else to contribute to the discussion.

Please feel free to go back to skipping over me until we make it to discussing the Laws of the Elysium.

Blood Hunt:

Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread