Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque listens to Alessandra's responses and then Mable's follow ups, "The ways things are currently written it appears traditionally only for Formal Court, but that is Her Majesty's privilege to change."

Offering a smile to Mable, "I am inclined to agree with the Keeper that officers should be encouraged to prioritize the announced evenings to set the example. However, that may not always be feasible and we don't want to unintentionally invite social sniping for something that is nobody's business but the Prince." Though he pitied the first person to try such a stunt regardless of what the law said. If there was one thing that was clear in the Domain, it was that it's Prince did not suffer fools.

Quirking an eyebrow at her final inquiry, "Did you have something specific in mind to flesh out, Keeper Wood?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Just Formal Courts. They are announced with enough noticed for others to be able to arrive on time. Regular Courts are just informal gatherings.” She figured that was explanation enough, though she was sure questions would be asked if there was any. “Well, we don’t have guards, but I’m sure bouncers at the door can give you a call. I’ll make sure a notice is sent to them, with the instructions to call you should someone show up late.” It would be interesting to see how it worked out. “While I would greatly enjoy if my officers were always on time, but I understand that there are events beyond our control. If an officer is addressing a Domain issue, I will not have them denied entry. And given what happened at the last Court, I don’t see some paying attention to officials behavior. Or respecting them.”

What other exemptions? “Usually weapons are the biggest concern. Can you give me examples of what concerns you? Or what might be on your mind?” she wasn’t sure what she meant.

Nodding to Jack, “It only applies to Formal Court.” There was notice given of the date and time.
    “Officers are of course expected to be at Courts on time. But I will not punish an officer for doing the job assigned to them. It doesn’t happen often that they are late, but it does.” And if they let her and Mable know, she was ok with it.

“If people wish to piss and moan, they are welcome to setup an appointment with me through the proper channels." or they could leave.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I get the weapons exemption, . I just wondered if the rules around behavior were also to be exempt for some. As we reexamine the laws of Elysium, I just wanted to be sure which ones were exempt for specific court officials and which ones weren't."

"Do you have a specific expectation as to how many non-formal courts your court members may miss? I realize I must attend all of them, however, I am wondering is the rest of the court officials are only required to attend the formal courts? I don't believe it is in the laws anywhere, but it just occurred to me that it is possible that I could be the only court official in attendance."

"It was just a thought. We should probably continue through the laws."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Noting the Prince's wishes on his pad he asks, "Will your late arriving officers be held back until the Keeper can allow them in, or will that just be anyone else?"

"That concludes anything currently written, but is there anything the Prince and the Keeper feel need to be added or addressed in new extensions of the Law?" He left the question regarding exceptions for behavior for the Prince to answer.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, "Why would I allow there to be exemptions from behaving in a respectable manner?” was there an example of this?

“I have to say, you are quite concerned with what the other Court Officers can and can’t do. Is there a reason?” what was she after? “But you are correct, it isn’t in the Laws anywhere. It has never been an issue until recently. While I could force attendance at regular Courts, I won’t. Though you will never be the only Court official in attendance, if I am choosing not to attend, I make sure there are others there in my place. And as in last time, I was in my office, so if needed, I could be there.” She would never leave Court with only one officer. “But even if that wasn’t the case, does that concern you? Being the only official there?” or was it something else?

Looking to Jack, “No. Late arriving officers will not be held back. Anyone else will be held back until Keeper Wood can speak to them. But I can’t have my officers held up.” It just was not going to happen. Not that she was worried with people like Twist and Vivian arriving on time. “I will speak with any official arriving late and handle them if need be.”

She takes a moment to think about what’s been discussed and looks at the papers with the Laws on them. As well as her own notes. “I believe we’ve covered everything. A major point for me was the sheer amount of disrespect at Court. But having it addressed in the Laws will make things go a lot smoother I believe. And if not, then it will be handled.” And harshly. She was done with the bullshit. “But I am open for discussion if either of you feels there is something else.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No, it doesn't concern me being the only official there. However, last court there were several Prisci missing and we had a bunch of new domain members who came in for acknowledgments. Luckily, the Seneschal was there. I felt bad that I couldn't help her out. If I were the only court official in court, would I be allowed to do acknowledgements?"

"Speaking of the influx of new people, I am sure you will find them ummm, interesting. I believe several had arrived prior to the Herald leaving. I plan to try and touch base with them all at next court."

Mable chewed on her lip, "Well, hopefully you both don't find me woefully ignorant. I don't understand what 'Gentile Behavior' means. I looked it up on the internet. I got gentile as anyone non-jewish. I got in the bible it was anyone who were known to be violent, capable of murder, rape, incest, and a bunch of other bad behavior. We expect 'gentile behavior' in court. What is meant by this? Can we put it into words what is meant since I am sure it's not the things I found on the computer?"

"And there is no where that it is states no name calling. Only course language and yelling. I believe we need to be as specific as possible. Also, am I allowed to determine if something is truly against the rules? I ask because I realize some people are gruffer than others and some more sensitive in nature. Also, we have some that are extremely skilled in words and can be very insulting but stay within guidelines. Then someone like Madcap for example, who isn't as skilled in words but called a non-course name. Those skilled with words can be even more disrespectful but not get called out for it because of their skills. I hope what I just said makes sense." Mable gives a nervous giggle, "I am obviously one of those not clever with my words. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out the insults the ones with clever tongues."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque flipped through some of his pages and then belted out a laugh, "On the contrary, that was quite perceptive Keeper Wood. I believe the intended word was genteel. I'm quite embarrassed that I've overlooked that no less than three or four times."

"I believe that correction should answer your question." He smiled, "Unless you can share an example of when being called an honorless weasel was a show of respect."

Turning his gaze to Alessandra as he continues to talk to Mable, "Her Majesty has expressed her displeasure with the incessant disrespect and discord that only seems to grow court after court. Whereas it is not surprising for some issue to be raised with that many Kindred in one place, if someone cannot control their baser instincts sufficiently for one evening to sort out a grievance amicably then they will feel Her Majesty's displeasure."

Glancing to Mable, "That doesn't mean you'll be jumping around at the first sign of static. Kindred need time to sort out their shit, but when it approaches the threshold of becoming a disruption is when you'll find yourself intervening. Likewise, to avoid grandstanding, Her Majesty is requesting any qualms specifically with or between her officers to be handled discretely between themselves or with an appropriate individual representing the Prince's authority." Pausing for a moment before adding, "Or preferably on another night entirely."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “The Prisci making a decision not to attend a Court rests on them. If they lose out on meeting a new Family member, then it reflects poorly upon them. If you wish to help her, perhaps you could speak with the new Kindred, get a feel for them. And again, you will not be the only official in Court. If you want to be able to Acknowledge, it is something we can visit again at a later date. I’m not adding responsibilities before I’m able to see you seamlessly fulfill the role as it currently is. Traditionally, the Keeper does not Acknowledge. But I’m willing to consider it later.” She wanted to make sure Mable was capable of the job as is.

“Interesting huh? A good interesting, or a bad interesting?” she asks with an easy smile. “But I do enjoy meeting new Kindred, so I’ll look forward to it.” New Kindred, uninfluenced by the current political climate.

A brief look of confusion before she looks at the Laws. Then she laughs, “I think it’s a typo.” Still laughing. “It’s supposed to mean elegant or graceful in manner, if memory serves me right.” Wow, how long had it been like that?

“So because the Laws don’t state there is no name calling, it’s ok?” when did they have to be so damn specific in the Laws? “The rules and Laws are as written. If everyone got to use their judgement about if something was truly against the rules, it would be chaos. Someone being gruff does not exempt them from acting with manners and being respectful. And, more sensitive? How so?” she needed to know and have examples. “What you’ve said makes sense, but if we’re using Mr Madcap as an example, he needs to remember where he is. My Elysium. If he cannot behave in a way that is in line with my Laws and my expectations, then he doesn’t need to be here.” Simple. “As someone like you, who isn’t gifted with words, I understand the frustration. At that point, it becomes tone and how the situation unfolds. It’s watching the key players, the ones who cause the problems and then stir the pot for their own amusement.” She knew who they were. But did Mable?

“I think it’s a typo and easy enough to fix. Maybe that will clear it up. Or we can be extremely specific and use bright colors to lay out what it means.”
    Maybe pictures, hand puppets.

“Building off what Herald Jack has said, things have only gotten worse in Court month after month. And it will stop. Grievances should be left at the door, and if people cannot be civil, I’ll throw them out personally. I understand that not everyone will get along, I get that. But to make a scene is not acceptable. I’ve been lenient thus far, I will not be going forward. So I’m glad we’re having this discussion, then we can all work together to make the evenings more enjoyable for all.”
    She didn’t want to throw people out, she didn’t want to ash people. She just wanted to have a nice evening talking with people.

See, this was why she made Jack Herald. He understood what she was saying. And was able to say it in a much better way. “You will only need to step in when voices are raised and tempers are coming out. The ground work needs to be set that it will not be tolerated. And he is correct, I would like any issues between my officers to be settled behind closed doors. For matters between other Kindred, if it cannot be settled like adults, then they can leave Court and come back at a later date and settle with another I will chose. A Domain divided by childish spats leaves us open for an attack. People don’t need to like each other, but I need them to be able to work together. If any of that makes sense.”

9. Likes Killian liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looks at Jack, "Thank you, that correction does help. Thank goodness I wan't missing something. And in court I will try and catch others before they amp up too much."

To Ale, "If you do need me to ever acknowledge someone just let me know. I am still in practice for doing so." Mable grinned because it seemed like forever ago already. "And my plan is to try and talk with new arrivals whenever possible to get a feel for them. Thank you for suggesting that in order to be of more help."

She chuckled about the name calling, "Of course not. Just was mentioning it in case we wanted to tie that up also since we have people who read the laws etc with a fine tooth comb looking for loopholes. Though I believe many just want to make sure they are following the letter of the law."

"Well, I think I have run out of questions, for now at least. Oh, wait, I have an unrelated question. I have been continuing my patrols on the northern border in Krieg's regency. The one where we had some issues with the small border domain... Do you want me to continue to do so? They have remained respectful of the borderline. That may be because I make sure they know I am watching. It's no problem for me to continue to do so since it crosses over to where I do some of my forestry work. If so, should I send my reports to you for now? or to the Sheriff?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nods to Mable before turning back to the Prince, "Considering the goal of returning Court decorum to some form of normalcy, does her Majesty wish to wait to announce July's Formal Court until after the revisions to the Laws have been approved and announced?"

He flashes a grin towards Mable, "There are no such things as loopholes in Her Majesty's Law, there is only Her will. Those who think themselves so clever as to feel entitled due to thinking they know the intent of the Laws better than the Prince will only find themselves regretting the attempt to manipulate her words."

Blood Hunt:

Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread