Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Two Kings were meeting at Rich’s house tonight.

On the island. Thai food was sitting on the counter, wafting through the home to remind everyone that it was there to be eaten. On the table a wooden box, the Ogre would never be caught without bread and salt if he could help it. Other preparations? He had prepared the room of curios by giving it a good dusting and taking his Golf Clubs out of the room and moving them to the garage after all those times he had said he would do it since February. It only took the personification of fear visiting to move the Troll into action.

He dressed well enough for the occasion, a deep red collared shirt with full sleeves, and a pair of dark gray slacks, a gold Rolex for flavor, combined with a matching chain and some diamond studs, and for shoes? Please, you know the drill by now.

After setting a couple of plates out for them to dump Thai onto the King of Summer checked his red Iphone XR to make sure that he wasn’t missing updates that may require him to adjust anything. Nothing he saw yet, so he would just wait for the door to knock, or a message that his guest had arrived.

Xadun Rhodes Finally got it up!

2. Bump Xadun "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes slowly walks up the drive, taking in the view. Fancy. Very Fancy. Place like this must have set anyone back a small fortune.

The Dread Lord is in his usual dress pants, a red shirt, and the thundercloud Hedgespun coat. In one hand he carries a leather briefcase as he makes his way up to the door. A small trail of leaves marks the path where Autumn King walked up.

He raps sharply on the door - right on time.

Knock Knock Knock.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

As Rich scrolled through some of the updates on the NBA finals he finally heard the knock at his door. Seemed like the Dread Lord was punctual - never a bad trait

Strolling through his home the large strides soon brought the Summer King to the front door which he opened to catch sight of the Autumn waiting for his entrance.

”Rhodes, glad you could make it!

He offered a hand to shake and if accepted gave Rhodes a nice and firm grip.

”I hope the place wasn’t too hard to find. It is at least not too far from the downtown so I am never having to make too much of a drive.”

He moved to the side and gestured for the Autumn to enter before close the door behind him and beginning his way towards the kitchen, past the formal dining room and into the kitchen

”Thai is still steaming and I got a nice little something to chase with it. Cost me a bit of my allowance but I think that men of station should be able to kick back once and awhile.”

He offered a small chuckle.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Richard." The Dread Lord smiles and shakes the ogre's hand. "Of course, of course. Anything that can pique my curiosity gets followed up sooner or later." Only now in close proximity to the Red King does Rhodes realise the strength on Mantle. Stronger than before, even. Like a volcano, waiting for its time.

He steps inside, glancing a little warily around, and taking in every detail. "Oh, I took a cab. Usually do. Figured it would be easier."

Rhodes follows the taller man through to the kitchen. Certainly seems dear Richard isn't starving for resources. Sera he could stand, just about. This... this place was grandiose, and a bitter ire was creeping up his neck.

Come now. We seek more esoteric treasure.

I am a King. Regular treasure is my right.

Unbidden the whirling mantle of the Autumn King picks up, spreading ting coloured leaves about the path he takes. The Flowering, meanwhile, takes a steadying breath, green eyes twinkling.

The chuckle is reciprocated. "Oh, absolutely. I quite agree." He sets the briefcase down and opens it, revealing an unopened scotch bottle set in a sculpted indent in the case. Rhodes plucks the bottle from the holding. "One of my favourites, from a small distillery on the Isle of Skye. Smokey, woody, but smooth. I recommend without water or ice first, just to gauge it against your own tastes. I find it doesn't need it to get the full flavour - a hard task." He offers the bottle to the Crimson King, and pulls out some glasses.

"So, I thought we'd get a few formalities out if the way first. I have worked well with Circe both in the field and within the Freehold and I am certainly hoping the same will extend to yourself now the crown has passed. Given her more direct approach, I was to handle arcane affairs and her more physical threats. I feel, with the influx of Summer Courtiers and their, Ah... talents, our arrangement may have to be a tad more nuanced, especially as the Leaden Mirror remains so few." No point trying to cover it up. Emerald Eyes watch the room, before returning to Richard. "I don't want to have my toes stepped on, and you have already asked we respect each other's Courtly Authority after the issues with Mr Volker. This makes me think we are of one mind in this. I'm also a tad curious as to what brought about both the change in crown and the ensuing banishment. I have my own theories, of course, but one facet of Autumn is in the seeking out of things that intrigue us."

Richard could tell him to get stuffed. But after all, nothing ventured....
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes liked this post

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”Well, I am very happy to hear you have a good working relationship with the Iron Spear. Much of a hedge diver at all? Or more the type to enjoy everything within the garden walls?”

He smiled and offered a plate to the Autumn Lord, his Thai food was nothing compared to the Dread Lords gift, but at least it was something, he would save the main course for later.

I appreciate the care in the selection, I am looking forward to it already.”

The Ogre said as he rubbed his hands together, waiting to see if his guest chose food or drink first, it didn’t matter either way to Rich.

”And we have options, weather is nice so we can sit on the patio or pool side. I have the den too, dining room, or the table here in the kitchen. Trophy room for all the mess it is probably not comfy to sit in, still waiting to get some shelving put in for everything so it is kind of a mess.”

At this stage the Crimson King leaned on the kitchen island and smiled to the Dread Lord as he asked so many questions. Curiosity was always the trait of a good Autumn.

”Well let me ask you, what worries your toes? Is there something that has you worried? As for the other two questions I would actually love to hear your thoughts. You struck me as the man to come to to put things together - you don’t lead the Autumn Court if you are lacking the ability. And to be honest, I interested to see what you put together before I lay out the facts.”

Call it a game, Rhodes was clearly a smart man so Rich wanted to see what he had pieced together with cold logic. There was no value to be had in just shoving the queries aside as things had clearly happened so let’s see what conclusion the breadcrumbs led too.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"I prefer to stay to the paths more travelled - I may enjoy the sun, but I'm not much of a survivalist. We started mapping looking at some of the overgrown trods. I enjoy going into the Hedge for markets and trades when I can." Rhodes replies. "What about yourself? Still want to be on the front lines, or are you more a strategist nowadays?" Summers or Richard's age weren't unheard of, but those that revelled in fighting rarely saw an old age. Only the good die young. The Flowering opens the bottle he brought and pours two genourous doubles into the glasses.

Setting the bottle down he takes the offered plate. "Outside, I think? Make than most of the evening?" The Flowering suggests.

"Oh, nothing for the time being. More I want to gauge abilities ahead of time, knowing when I might be called upon. Deconstructing magical artefacts, Pledges and Dreams are some specialities I possess, as well as broad occult and investigative talents. It seems we have several Hedge Divers across the Courts these days and I am more than happy for this to continue, provided I am kept abreast of useful or interesting discoveries." Rhodes holds the glass up and smells the spirit, savouring it before taking a taste and sighing happily. "Delicious." As was the compliment. Easy praise was a fine way to soothe a Fairest's reservations, and the Flowering was no exception. He nodded to Richard, smiling. "Thank you. While I have stood alone for some time, the Crown itself was earned over others less suited. But with regards to Mr Volker? I know your decree, though not the details. He publically challenged the Winter Queen at her own coronation, though later apologised. I know he has challenged a prominent Spring in her own Hearth, and assaulted another. He has irked every court bar my own in one way or another, which suggested an underlying personal issue. He is close to Circe, which makes me think he did not support a change in leadership. She, however, never wanted the crown but it was thrust upon her as lone Summer. You are eloquent, and like myself favour words as a first weapon - though not the last in your arsenal, of that I am certain. All altercations of his seem to have arisen as a result of arguments escalating when Mr Volker's temper shrugs off his ability to debate with reason." A pause to set the plate down and sip from the glass. "When outmanouvered in arguments he does not bend, like the metal he is, and considers opinions unaligned with his own to be accusations of his character. Mr Volker's Wrath is untamed and untempered, and although he recognises that flaring at every target in the vicinity will alienate him, his own opinion of himself means he does not believe he can change. Although he can acknowledge mistakes, it takes some time to make amends as he must overcome his own emotions to think clearly and apply logic. He can and has turned volatile on members of the Freehold - as a result, you seek to curb a potentially wild and dangerous element within your Court, as is wise. However, you do not have his repect for some reason, despite Mantle and position... " Rhodes leans against the side and spreads his hands, "which, at a guess.... may be from using words to win the crown? I know there was no fight for the sovereignty. And trying use reason on him to see sense... provoked a hostile reaction. He attacked you, didn't he?" A broad grin spreads across the Autumn King's face as he mulls over his conclusion. "Yes.... I had never put all the pieces together before. You met to talk, he became enraged... attacked... And so you banished him. He hasn't aeen you fight, and thatvis the only outlet of Wrath he understands. But you can't have beaten him at that time either, because he still will not bend the knee, which means he still thinks he is in the right.... No, I'm still missing something. Another fact. But I am close, am I not?" The Dread Lord draws to a close, his Rigid Mask not quite covering his pride at the deduction.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”I will be where it best serves the fight, so to speak. I have gone through some phases personally. Knee deep in mud trudging through the Hedge and earning for action only to go months without taking a swing at anything and feeling the deflation that comes when expectations are crushed. I had a retinue once too, about fifteen strong - good Lost all of them. That was before a semi-retirement thanks to the help of the Fall Court of LA, wonderful navigators of the Wyrd.”

He nodded his head as he took the glass that was poured and moved towards the patio door, opening it up to the generous back yard, complete with guest house, pool, and court double lined for tennis and a smaller basketball court and a full grill area with plenty of grass connecting them all. All in all it was quite the backyard, though there was no sign of the other resident - Rich had checked to see if Fawkes would be home for the evening but it seemed the Elemental had other plans, which gave them the measure of privacy they may eventually need.

”But I am running circles around Nostalgia, to get to the point - I can swing if I need too but my talents are better put to use making sure that the right people have the right tools. I have a few plays under my belt should we get there and have seen enough to have some insight on a number of topics. Rule though, that is a whole ‘nother thing, so am applying all that experience to the role and try to round out the whole thing with a reverence to what it all means. I am sure you know what it is like despite the population the way it is now, doing what we do cannot be done for ourselves alone or we are doing it wrong. The bigger picture needs to be key and we need to work towards always elevating our own and making sure we don’t cannibalise our future. Summer tends have the issue of trying to figure out when you are no longer in the heroes tale of your own story and you are not playing a part in other stories - some which may be greater than your own. Build the narrative, if that makes any sense.”

As he spoke the Ogre had strolled to the patio, reaching the edge of the concrete slabs that constituted the structure where the grass began. His thumb was hooked into one pocket as he held the the glass in one hand, letting the evening air brush over him. Rich turned back to the Dread Lord with a smile as he rambled some, his voice having a storytellers quality but nothing special. He was curious if the Autumn had any of the same ideas, or if this was all about grasping and basking in title.

”Bah! Don’t worry my man, so long as the Leaden Mirror stands to serve the Freehold then there will always be a place for its faithful. You have to utilize every positive resource you have to make operations like this work. I don’t think anyone else in the Freehold will bring your level of occult acumen anyway - and even if there were others it never, ever, hurts to have a second opinion on the matter. Plus I don’t think I could stifle your pursuit of Fears blessing even if I tried so why bother.”

He grinned and raised his glass to the last statement, Rhodes was a man who wanted to grow within his Court that much was obvious from what he had seen. Certain elements he had witnessed may have been working against the Dread Lord in that regard but he wasn’t one to question the methods of Fall - thought there were always curiosities which made one double take. Beyond that, Rhodes had a knowledge that was always worth consulting as there is always details that can be missed. Rich had no plans to cut the Autumn out of anything. Though if he wanted step into the line like others had he would have the same expectations placed his shoulders as the Iron Spear placed on any Mud Grunt.

Next however came the deductions, given in a wonderful Holmesian fashion that held the same Charisma that a Robert Downey Jr. brought to the titular detective. As a side note those movies may have been Hollywood spittle but they were at least entertaining and captured the Ogre’s attention more than Dr. Strange in the BBC counterpart - Especially when he could have been watching Luther at that point. Regardless, the Summer King nursed his drink while the Autumn made his closing statements and Rich pursed his lips and nodded - not in agreement, but a the merit of the conclusion.

”Youth, Rhodes - It is a hell of a thing. If it is was a drug I don’t know what would happen to this world.” He laughed A toast to the one thing that once lost cannot be found again.” He raised his glass to youth.

”Now, lets review the play - pretty spot on, hit the beats not all the actions.” He gave a shrug and raised a hand giving a slight rocking motion. ”You are right about Circe, I called the meeting initially for a dissatisfaction with how the show was being run. There were no plans to take anything - but it was literally offered. In that moment I saw someone who was still writing their story, who had so much they wanted to do. And here I am, as much as I want to sit down and rest and drink my nights away - nah, that isn’t going to happen. But I can help, I can support, and I can build and give these Spears something. But let’s rewind to the changing of the guard.”

“Now, since there isn’t no pledge of silence I don’t have much guilt speaking out, but you were spot on - words were had. They were words on whether the Crown should come to me, while Cole made the case he should get the Crown. He wanted to take it and lead a great army of goblins in a war against the Fey. Needless to say, that is an idea that doesn’t sit well with me. Even then, I said I would support him if he could show me a retinue of his own but never would I let someone wear the crown who would drag everyone into their own battle like that. It defeats the very stability he struggle to create. He was swayed in the moment, and avoided Fawkes’ Wrath for making the court come off as a game. Between you and myself, Rhodes - had Cole gained the title that day it would have been a question could Circe and I have stopped Fawkes from killing Cole. The Metalflesh doesn’t understand the magnitude of asking a serviceman who has done his tour to turn around and do it again.”

He paused as he explained how Cole’s statements had triggered a trauma response that would have been met by something straightforward and dangerous. He also let that permeate and sink in while he tipped the glass back, letting the alcohol warm his body, and sighing in satisfaction as he enjoyed the Autumns drink selection.

”As for the act of Banishment? Cole invited me to his home, I brought Fawkes along as I figured the three of us could do well to get to know each other a little better. You were right though, a man still salted by his defeat in a debate and coming at me with talk about how he wants to kick the shit out of me. That’s fine, he can talk his game. One elemental spooks another though and the two start posturing. When Threats came to me and Fawkes I had it. I issued my decree and we left - a wall of glass at our rear. It is clear that Cole doesn’t want to play ball with the Summer Court because he feels slighted. And here we don’t have the usual Spring mechanisms to treat the situation to its fullest.”

“My thoughts though? We are dealing with more than just an angry guy - but that is not discounting his ability to commit violence against others. It is those other people I owe it too to not simply brush this off and create a safe distance. I am hedging my bet on a personality disorder. His personality is fully encompassed and built on his interests, and if you engage with him you will be his best buddy. Rarely if ever will interactions be about you, unless they are your thoughts about shared topics. Oppose these hobbies and fantasies and you are public enemy number one, may as well be part of a blood feud. It's a bitch of a situation with mood swings and lashing out only complicated by magic. But I won’t let a kid run around using this, his Court, or his personal philosophy as an excuse to hurt others in this freehold.”

“With this in mind, reconciliation would require rolling over - that won’t happen. There needs to be tough love and now it is entirely up to Cole to decide if he can realign himself with the community because he has lashed out at them. I have nudged the matter, encouraged some people to go see him - and if he can express some growth from this I will be happy to wipe the slate clean. If not, I am not allowing any more senseless sucker punches or duels.”

More sips, small ones, half the drink gone - there was no need to rush things anyway - they had all evening.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods, and follows the giant Ogre through to the patio - and his brow rises at the huge yard beyond. Whatever Richard did, it paid well. More than the Dread Lord could imagine. He lets out a low whistle as he takes in the grounds, and feels the hackles of jealousy rise slowly.

"I... wouldn't know," the Flowering says slowly. "Autumn hasn't had much of a membership other than myself until Moon arrived. Penance was rarely around and seems to have dropped off the grid entirely. Everything I have done has had to be on a wider perspective - and had it not been myself that earned the crown, things would be quite different. But having a lot of transients has meant whatever I teach was forced to be with other Courts. But for building a narrative? The Leaden Mirror aren't the heroes of the tales. We're the wise, the mentors, the snide advisors. That's all some people see in us.... but it means when the action is over, we still have our jobs to do. No rest for the wicked." He chuckles, more to himself. "I am more occultist than Fear-monger. I study, I learn, and hopefully, if ears and minds are open, I pass it on. That is one facet Autumn's role. To gather the harvests, and make sure everyone has enough. to survive the winters. I bring Fear if I have to, and it is a teacher - I try to make sure people do not enjoy false security." Like the Ogre, the Dread Lord enjoyed colourful metaphor.

Rhodes raises his glass in return. "To what our Courts hold close?" He smiles warmly.

The Summer King was noncommittal in his response, but no less attentive. Then he mentions youth, and how some seek never to lose it. He tilts the glass to the Summer King. "To the endless march." He drinks slowly. "There are times I feel like I have barely been away... what, twenty years and change, in the Hedge? Some are fortunate enough to still get some of their youth still intact. Some of us had those years stolen and have to know better, with holes in the experience. At least they can learn here, where they're supposed to be."

Instead of learning how to be a Fae, and having to keep what they learned on a leash.

The Dread Lord rolls his eyes. "Hedge armies.... Who would back that? It's suicide. Now, I won't pretend to understand much about serving - never my calling - but it explains a lot of Fawkes." he matches the Summer King in finishing the glass, and unscrews the bottle again. "Good, isn't it?" Rhodes adds, referring to the bottle for a touch of levity. The smokey warmth was tingling in his chest.

The Fairest snaps his fingers. Fawkes. Of course. "Ahh, so. Not an attack, but threats issued, and a pair of whirling dervishes in a space not much bigger than this patio. And so you banished him, while in his home. The West Coast doesn't get a lot of cold Summers," He smirks, and gives a glance to the taller man. "Still, I wouldn't call it unjustified. But Spring mechanisms? I don't follow."

A nod. It was time to listen to the King's assessment of his courtier.

Only when Richard is done does Rhodes speak again, slowly.

"I tend to have a lot to talk about, so I can usually find areas of common interest with most. Mr Volker and I have not butted heads, yet. He has talents, certainly. We didn't discuss you or the banishment when we met - I told you both I intend to stay out of the affair, and I stand by that. He has clearly been doing a lot of introspection - heavily inebriated, but introspection never the less. He has apologised to Seraphina, with a little nudge from myself. He was asking about Dream Therapy to help him try and handle his Wrath. I don't know if that will work. If he consents it will depend on what people find there. He seems somewhat wary of me..." The Dread Lord sounds quietly pleased, and looks into his glass.

"Last summer, I was fighting with a Darkling named Lucifer for the crown. She was skilled at making Fear. Very skilled. But it was all she knew. And when she alienated half the Freehold she realised she would break it further apart - break our community apart - by trying to claim the crown. We were able to thrash out a deal where I pledged to help her bring Fear, and she would back my claim." Rhodes looks up. "Now, obviously, this is not the same. We were of similar Mantle, differing experience. You, Seasoned, knowing the best use of Wrath is like the knife to strike. Mr Volker, young, filled with rage and directionless. But if you can provide an outlet? A constructive one to benefit others? That is a possible alternative. Moreover, if a third party plants the idea, convince Volker to bring it to you, and you accept? You are seen as the reasonable King, your Court can watch over him unsuspected. He thinks he has an idea his King sees merit in. Everybody wins. If you need a third party to watch him, I'm sure I can make the time."

There is a pause as Rhodes runs his thumb on the pattern on the glass. "Or you may been to simply show him raw wrath and cave his head in. At least then he will know your strength is more than words."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

Rich shook his head as the Dreadlord spoke of stories, and tipped the last of his drink back and polished off the last bit of the alcohol, letting it rise in his chest and the soft exhale come out warm, appreciating the gift that had been brought by the King of Fear. It was certainly a treat, and the fact that was a favorite only made it better. Rich would likely be adding it to his personal collection at some point.

”You are wrong right there,” He motioned with the glass towards Rhodes. ”The narrative isn’t what the stereotype is. Everyone in their own capacity has their own story to tell and it is whether we rise to the occasion or we fall into the same said stereotypes. I have fought with absolute dervishes of Fall Courtiers that fought as hard, as long, as well as any Iron Spear. In the same vein the occult studies permeates throughout all the courts. There are heroes everywhere so to speak, and our courts are what drive us - not who we are. You yourself being an occultist versus a fear monger? Means you are no less the King of Fear than the scariest of monsters.”

He continued to hear out the Autumn King as he brought up the nature of age, and youth- nodding along with him.

”I was lucky, what felt like decades in the thorns was a few years here so I was able to jump right back into it. Had some good people around me, and I was able to get integrated. Gave me a lot of time on this side to work things out. I got lucky and made it through my fair share of firefights so to speak and survived. If I could go back with half of what I know now.”

He laughed, a deep chuckle from the belly about musing on his own experience and coming up. There was a lot that happened, and while it all helped build he had made his fair share of ridiculous mistakes. He let Rhodes comment on the nature of Hobb army, chuckling again, thi time lighter than the laugh before. He held out his glass, allowing the Dread Lord to top him off if that was on the dockett.

”You are right, its something special. Lingers but in all the right ways. Doesn’t have any stick to it either - real smooth. Suicide is about right, and the kid never let it go - thought I was mocking and crushing his dream. I’ll let him try and get things going and let him make his own decisions. As for service? It is something that is hard to explain if you have never done anything like it. Won’t hold it over anyone but it is unique - like a lot of thing we miss in our time.”

Once the glass was refilled he immediately took another sip back, and let it linger for a moment on his tongue, eyes closed as he took it and letting the smooth warmth slide down his throat. He let Rhodes summarize the situation again, and let him conclude his thoughts.

”It is sometimes more than meets the eye, myself, Fawkes, Circe, Simone, Orion, while we have not all be fuming there is some impressive Mantle. Cooler than a lot thing, not many mad with rage make it too far you will find. As for Spring, fixtures like the Bishopric of the Blackbirds, groups that help the healing process. The Spring Court of Sacramento seems to understand the basis of Desire which really, more power to them, but there hasn’t been a deep exploration of some of the other offerings of Spring. They are a group that helps the lost, and helps those who are having trouble adjusting. Without options like that I have to pursue the avenues I have at my own disposal.”

A smile crept along the King's face as he listened to Rhodes bring up his experience with Volker.

”Never say no, and you will be fine. Anyone with introspection can see that this is a time out. Threatening myself, and trying to scare Fawkes into submission? Then I learn about the duel to Seraphina, and the punch Abe took. He is a kid who marches to the beat of his own drum that is for sure. If he asks for help, please be my guest that is a huge step forward. In the end I am the King of the Iron Spear, and I have to do what I can to make sure people are safe in their Freehold. Here I am looking at a young man who is lashing out senselessly. I am no therapist and I will not pretend I am. But I will do what I can to make sure that good people don’t get hurt - So when I have a track record like that to work with I won’t take the chances. It may reflect poorly on me, but if there is a chance I saved someone a bad night then I will not be losing any sleep.”

Rhodes then explained his own conflicts and the Iron Spear nodded, knocking his glass back to almost empty as listened. The first part was informative and told Rich a lot about the Dread Lord. He then listened to the proposition and nodded his head, his free hand tracing the rim of the glass as he mused for a moment, a pause after Rhodes had finished - letting out a soft laugh as the head caving was mentioned. Gallows humour almost.

”You did what was right, that is good for you. You bring the point up yourself. There are plenty of outlets, and I am lacking most of the common ones here myself I am sure that I can help string something together. If you are offering though, like I said - I will gladly accept. Our community is small so this means more to all of us. In every Freehold there is a Cole or Cole’s, in LA there were lots like him but we were big enough that the system chewed up people who couldn’t play ball and taught them the hard way. If you are willing to help bridge the gap, let's do it, why not, I would prefer not taking the road of violence. I have seen plenty of that in my time and I can do without it for the time being until it is the only option.”

He finished the last of the second drink and moved over a few paces and set it on the glass topped patio table and strode towards the grass, stretching and arching his back and stretching some.

”I should mention, there is also something for you on the table inside. If you didn’t have anything to drink I was thinking we could partake but you brought us a real treat.”

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes dismisses the comments with a wave of a hand. "Oh, I'm not assuming everyone adopts stereotypes. Every Court has depth and variety, I know that. It's why I miss Penance so - she was an Ogre and my Court's most martial by a world." He looks at Richard quizzically. "I know that. Just because I said I was more one thing doesn't mean I cannot do another. I am simply realistic about my talents. I have geared myself towards seeing magic in all its forms, but if I need to wield Fear I can and will."

He is quiet as Richard talks of his own past, storing those bits away for how to measure the man. As the Summer King eyes the wisdom of hindsight, the Fairest simply says "Always the way." The glass is refilled.

"Idealists, Zealots, and heroes. The first to fight, the first to die. Colour me cynical but I prefer to call myself a pragmatist. I did not fight my way free. The enemy was too massive, too foreign, so I used my mind. I fled in terror and sneaked out of Arcadia. And I have no regrets." The Dread Lord sips from his own glass. "The Emerald Court here has always been strong, as long as I have been here. In many ways that has shaped this Freehold. More social, fewer fighters. Until lately. But healing magic is rare. Most of us are no less fragile than what we were."

Rhodes nurses his drink. "If he comes back to me and asks for help, I will do what I can, and let you know. Volker brought this on himself. Action and consequence. I do not have pity for him - my concern is him injuring someone." He nods. "Through happenstance I am expertly positioned as an unbiased intermediary on good terms with both sides. It's clear we both want this settled for the good of not just Summer but the Freehold also, and that is firmly in Mr Volker's hands. For now, we wait."

He drains the glass, and smiles. "It woukd have been uncivil not to bring something. Though I can easily join you for a change in flavour. Shall we eat, and after perhaps I can see this collection of yours?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread