Ended
Watch

Records, Files, and Other Formalities

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Hunting was not easy in the wasteland - a place he was growing very tired of everynight he remained there. For this meeting, it was important to apply a certain charm - and force the issue just a touch.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-24 02:09:21 Arturo Garcia rolls 5 to Grab a Snack (Str + Sub) (10 Again) 2, 10, 9, 4, 3, 9 3 successes

There was a reason you should travel in groups, handsome strangers may actually be up to no good and leave you in your car at the rest stop like some drug addled doll. Especially when what they needed was in your veins and for a date with a far more beautiful woman, who was considerably more dangerous.

He had set a time and a place with the Seneschal to get things sorted out, and discuss matters of the Lancea Sanctum. Adam had given him a spark notes but he needed the details from the source as the Shadow seemed dodgy on matters that one didn’t have front of their eyes.

Following a bit of travelling he was at the Nox, heading down to the eternal court, checking his weapons at the desk, and he moved to the offices, finding that of Vivian York and giving a firm knock. She should be expecting him at this point. For the moment, the reinvigorated Bishop waited for an answer at the door.

V
    Vivian York

The Deava had been pulling some research out of the archives prior to the meeting with the Ventrue Bishop. They were necessary and should questions arise, she would have it at a moments notice. Her suit was something different, perhaps a spring flair, or something she was testing out. Either way, she wore it with pizzazz and her gloves were purple to match the blouse.

When the knock came on the door, her Beast wasn't particularly fond of the one on the other side. She barely knew him, but dropping a box of files on the floor felt refreshing and seemed to keep the beast at bay for now.

"Please come in." The Daeva called with a ring in her voice.

When the Bishop would enter, she offered with a friendly gesture and a smile. "Have a seat if you wish."

My sincerest apologies. My son graduates this weekend and I am trying to keep up with *everything* haha

A
    Arturo Garcia

The three layers of black worked well for the Bishop, black slacks, shirt, and coat, with the distinct gold chain tucked into his shirt. He lacked the pizzazz of the Daeva that was for sure, but he was recently coming from humbled situations. His beast however had life within it currently, and was snarling as it shrank low and readied black claws. The monster in front of it was larger, imposing, terrifying even. But with vitae, there was a sense of rebellion, tendency that made the smaller beast at least snap back as if to throw off the scent of its own fear.

Seneschal York, thank you for taking the time to meet with me.”

She directed him to a chair, and he stood behind it, gripping the back as he almost bit his tongue. The beast was not calm. It would take a moment.

”To cut to the chase, I was informed by Mr. Exlibrist that he had spoken with you about the status of the Lance, its properties, and their conditions. He wasn’t the most coherent on the subject so I have come straight to the source myself to avoid any incorrect assumptions.”

She knew now what he was here for, and as she was given a moment to muse he slipped around the chair, finding his place on it now, having let the beast inside of him calm down in its prison of flesh and bone.

”I certainly hope I am not wasting your night.”

V
    Vivian York

"It's no problem at all, Bishop Garcia. It's part of my duties of the Domain to be of service in this respect." She watched him slip around the chair and settling a little.

She wished that Arturo didn't even mention Exhibitionist's name. It instantly sent her into lip pursing and brown narrowing. Vivian paused in her thoughts, pulled out a cigarette and put it in her fingers, as if she were about to smoke it, but didn't light t it yet. Calmly, and with a pleasant voice, she smiled at Arturo. "Forgive me for asking, would you please explain a little about what he was coherent on the subject regarding such inquiries? I'm curious as to what he's told you thus far."

His apology was a little perplexing. Maybe the ingrate told him what an ass he made of himself to his Bishop. "I don't believe you strike me as the type to waste anyone's time. Learning about people and their needs are very fulfilling and exciting to me."

A
    Arturo Garcia

[ff4500]”I appreciate everything, Seneschal.”[/color]

He settled in and let her get settled herself, so they could begin getting down to business.

”I was told that there are two properties within the hands of the Lance. The Church I have seen is gone, burnt to the ground. Then there was the topic of the Moore House which I have gotten mixed reviews of. What I seek to discern is if the property is viable or lost to the night. Furthermore there was an issue regarding mass, in which I was told that you yourself had denied Mr. Exlibrist. Now before I assume anything I am here to see if that was to satisfy some desire of your own, or desire to feel out Mr. Exlibrist. I just don’t want to take his word as law on the matter before I speak with you myself.”

Were the properties good was the first question, and the second was the situation regarding mass and whether it was a limitation on just Adam or the Lance as a whole.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian didn't know Arturo very well, but, she did know of a few disputes that he was involved in. Sure, he was headstrong, but he was also a Ventrue.

It was apparent that the Daeva was trying to control her frustration by twirling a pen in one hand."Well, if Mr. Exhibrist would have had a quite different attitude with me than treating me like an insolent female, the conversation would have gone far better for him."

She tossed the pen on her desk when she continued to explain. "He kept telling me that he was sent here from the Domain of San Francisco to check on and collect artifacts. I asked for some details and he said 'I would hate to bore the Seneschal here with unwanted fancy theories and hypotheticals'." Vivian remembered it verbatim, and she wasn't the type to memorize things, but that stuck with her like glue. "I haven't truly receive a formal apology unless you can count rumors and gossip in private."

"I also gave him a specific date of April 20th to let us know if he would be remaining in Sacramento. Since I told him this in February, he has made no further attempt to communicate his intentions with me. I only denied him holding any sort of Mass because the way he has went about everything has been entirely suspicious."
    She breathed out, more to recenter herself than anything.

Leaning to the side slightly, she quirked a brow and her lip. "If you were in my position Bishop Garcia, would you have these same thoughts about things when it was proposed to you in that manner?"

She smiled and her demeanor softened and she was genuine when speaking to the Lord. "However, Mr. Exhibrist's past is contrary to your wishes, Bishop. What are your intentions for the Lancea for Sacramento?"

A
    Arturo Garcia

If not for coming to the meeting well enough fed he may have had some different, and more blunt answers for the Daeva - not in opposition at least but a little more clear cut.

”Seneschal York, I am a bad man to ask for parallels.”

He offered a short chuckle.

”I personally applaud your actions, very inclusive and you gave him every opportunity to correct his action. I personally feel he would have never clued into this and continued to make an ass of himself but you did everything you possibly could.”

“Myself? His options are fealty, fleeing, or finality. Is he acknowledged? If so you apply clan pressure, and you make it so he cannot move until his fealty is proven. If he won’t talk about any of this, the option is going back. You give him nothing. And if he argues about that? All nights come to an end at some point. In one of my earliest Courts such a practice was almost carried out if the domain wasn’t rich with forgiveness.”

“And between you and me? I would have paid a couple of minors to make sure he went down the wrong alley way and met the wrong kind of people. That is much less of a formal answer though.”

Based on what he had seen and heard this all sounded in line with who Adam was. Never to be trusted due to his behavior and unknown motives. He gave no one a real reason to invest in him so Arturo would have no surprise if he was met with the will of dominant predators.

”The Lancea et Sanctum is here to stay in Sacramento, and as such if there is anything which is rightfully ours I wish for it to be in the hands of its rightful owners. We seek to provide an outlet for contemplation and study of Faith while pursuing our philosophies on both God and Longinus. We seek -as we always do- to help bring those impacted by the condition closer to humanity to avoid a dark descent into madness.”

A mission statement, one largely borrowed from his own sire. The specifics? He didn’t expect anyone in this Domain to understand so this was more than enough for them.

”My presence here is no mere treasure hunt, and I seek to establish a greater presence in the wake of our Prince being so accepting of all Covenants.”

V
    Vivian York

Vivian waved her hand and shook her head. "No, you're not a bad man. I'm just glad you asked why instead of making presumptions. Harpy Simmons was there during that meeting. She also tried with him, yet, still to no avail."

Arturo said he applauded her actions, which was surprising to hear. Even more surprising is that he would have conspired to off him for a few Boons. Which she laughed loudly at for a brief spurt. "Well, I don't like threatening people. However, I did wish many times he would have 'accidentally' fallen on a stake, pike, something pointy, vat of acid, et cetera."

She turned to a more serious note, establishing the Lancea would be beneficial and perhaps begin balancing out the covenants a little better. More options were necessary. "Those philosophies are similar to the Invictus believe it or not. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that there are some things that are closely tied together between our Covenants, yet still very different. Formalities help us maintain humanity, and keep the Beast in check."

The Bishop's comment regarding accepting of Covenant's was good. It meant that what Ale said and did was portrayed well. Yet, some people were starting to walk all over that acceptance. Hopefully Arturo wouldn't do the same. "The Moore House is located in the Regency of Florin. Have you driven in that area or by the building yet?"

In the meantime, she would send a text to Ale with a few veiled questions.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”I have yet to have the pleasure of examining the Moore House myself. Various things have kept me preoccupied and I have wanted to get any formalities taken care of before I start poking around, hence why I am here now Seneschal York.”

He nodded respectfully towards her statements. A grin continuing to tug at the corner of his mouth the jokes about stakes and acid and the like were made. It seemed he was cleaning up quite the mess, but that was what he signed up and was willing to do so if it was something that could serve the greater purpose.

”You hit the nail on the head, if there are two covenants that share a camaraderie more than any other it is the Lance and the Invictus, often serving as two sides of the same coin. You are also completely correct about formalities, they make us less likely to submit to baser impulses, forcing a level of calculated thought. The Lance aids this its own philosophy on the Kine, the herd which feeds the predators. I aim to serve and grow the strength of the Domain through my covenant.”

He watched her hands move to the phone, letting her send off the message without any traces of a complaint and waited for Vivian to continue the conversation based on what Arturo had added about the nature of their approaches. He was not new to dealing with the Invictus, there were expectations.

V
    Vivian York

This was how good business was completed. Making a good impression and asking for permission instead of demanding what was owed to them in a sketchy manner. Too bad Exhibitionist wasn't here to see Arturo in action.

"Since no one is currently the Regent of Florin right now, the Prince granted you permission to live there if you would like. However, anything apart from that, as in holding Covenant meetings and mass or similar, will require further discussion. But, I held the keys to the Moore House until someone worthy of them came along. If the Prince already granted you a Heaven there, then she deemed you worthy of the keys as I thought before this meeting."

Vivian had a feeling that the more she got to know Arturo, the more she would like his company. For now, it was business to continue discussing. "I completely agree. Although, I spent many years avoiding the Invictus, I believe. My upbringing was very prim and proper, as you could well imagine with a high society in England. I grew weary of the snobbery and found myself lashing out a bit, attending late night parties without my parents approval when I was younger. Yet, my former husband enjoyed the way I was and didn't stifle it, but I aided him in success as a superb host." She waved her hand in the air and to the side. "My apologies, I digress a little."

"I enjoy attending the Sanctified masses in Toronto. I also have attended a several Crone masses as well." Her brow cocked a little in hopes he had a minimal reaction to the mention of the Acolytes. "My personal thoughts on Covenants are that Domains should be well rounded, different thoughts from other individuals, as well as many powers and gifts some can provide are very helpful when the entire Domain is in peril or has an issue that needs aid."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.