Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Horizon World Buffet was a fantastic place. “A world of cuisine and a multitude of flavours” promised the slogan. Thai, Italian, Chinese, Mexican – anything you wanted and there was a good chance you could get it or a close approximation. Ice cream in a dozen flavours stood alongside creamy eclairs, cheesecakes and all kinds of gateau and cake. For a Thursday evening it was fairly quiet, but there was still a steady flow of people dotted around.

Emily hadn’t exactly planned this – she’s meant to come here after some good reviews – but this week had been hell and the thought staying in and trying to cook was nightmarish. Today, especially, she had missed lunch due to chaos and small fires. The one thing about living where you work is you never truly get away from it when it’s bad.

So, out she had a shower, trotted to get some air, and without really thinking about it she was several blocks away, earphones on, and in her own world. Instincts took over, and before she knew it her nose lead her right through the door. The pang of delicious smells made her realise just quite how starving she was, and it was hard for the super-keen Ithaeur not to drool as she paid for access to the buffet before looking around to pick a table.

Yes, I like Shards.

This is an open shard in the early evening. I would think that excludes Vamps, sadly, but as the solstice draws near, such is life. Or, rather, unlife.

Come, have fun, and eat delicious foods! Feel free to already be there or have eaten, or just be propping up the bar if we want to have some separate threads for the same.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Was Emily startled when Sonnie surprised her from behind with a hug? Because that's what the changeling did when she spotted the blue-haired woman in line for this amazing buffet. "Hey hey hey! Wazzap, Em? How's my favorite wrench wench tonight?" She grinned like a spaz. "I see you, too, could not resist the allure of this orgy... uh, of food! This orgy of food!"

The Beast looked at some guy in line behind them leering at what Sonnie had said, then looked back to the werewolf and whispered conspiratorially, "Shall we make the owners of this place weep at the thought of ever letting us in here again?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes Xadun liked this post
    M
    Mr. Moon

Some general Tso's chicken, some rice, a chile relleno, some kind of grilled prawn split down the middle, something italian-ish made with eggplant, some crab rangoon. Eating out was nice sometimes! Mr. Moon was pretty fussy, he'd admit, but he looked fussier than he really was (at least when he isn't nervous). He made it a habit to cook for himself, little fussy dishes that were half experiment and half internet recipe, at least when he was settled down in a freehold somewhere. It was harder to do that when rolling around the country in your truck, but an enterprising person could do more than just drive-through burgers.

Mr. Moon looks up from the plate at his table and freezes when he sees the other changeling, relaxing a moment later when he recognizes her from his arrival. "Sonja! Hello!" He calls out, voice pitched to rise just over the din of conversation without cutting it and calling too much attention to himself, waving a latex-gloved hand in the air to catch her attention.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Wha-!" Emily, utterly focused on the food ahead, jumps as Sonnie glomps her. The monkey-girl can feel the still-damp blue hair from a shower and smell a fruity soap. "Wha-.... who...." She whirls around, face splitting into a tired grin. "Sonnie! Hey, girl! I'm good... tired, mostly. Been a long day. And-" The little werewolf is cut off by a ferocious growling from her stomach, and shrugs, smiling awkwardly. "Eh hehe... Orgy of food huh?" She laughs. "I kinda missed lunch, so I'm really, really hungry."

Emily gives the nosy guy a scowl and sticks her tongue out at him, before leaning in to the whisper. "Sounds like fun - count me in! What did you have in mind?" She grabs a plate and starts adding some spicy wings and salad to her plate.

The Werewolf plucks several more morsels before hearing someone call to Sonnie just as she had stuffed a spring roll in her mouth. "*OM*, Fren o yoursh?" She asks Sonnie, waving another spring roll towards Moon.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"We eat them into bankruptcy! That's, um, that's my entire plan. Spent hours thinking it up! Brilliant, right?" Laughing, Sonnie also grabbed a plate and started dishing up. Nobly, she started at the salad bar, though she poured on far more dressing than was probably healthy. But she had to smother the taste of lettuce somehow!

Very quickly, she was among the meats and breads, putting some garlic toast and roast beef next to the drenched salad. When her name was called, the beast blinked in surprise and looked around. The aisles of food had caused her to not notice her fellow Changeling seated not too far away. Now that she had, Sonnie smiled and waved back to Moon.

"Oh hi... you! From the party, right! How're you doing?" She avoided using his name, on the chance it wasn't one to be spoken around mundies. 'Mr. Moon' did have a strong fae feel to it.

M
    Mr. Moon

Mr. Moon holds up a fried dumpling with a smile. "I am doing fine, I have Crab Rangoon. It's hard to mess up cream cheese and crab inside a fried wrapper!" He is doing well at managing his movement patterns out in public, with the Mask every mortal will see him as a tall, thin pale man in an unremarkable brown suit and latex gloves with thinning hair. If they think about him at all, they think he probably has a pet cat and has otherwise lived alone all his life, with a job doing paperwork somewhere. Most don't bother to think about him at all, he's good at fading into the background.

"Isaac Moon," Mr. Moon says to Sonja and her friend, introducing himself. "We met at a friend of a friend of a friend thing. Like I know Ross, Sonja knows Rachel, we end up as background extras that kept getting in the way of Monica and Chandler's hidden relationship subplot during a party episode in season five? Please don't mind the gloves, I have weird baggage. How did you hear about this place?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily laughs. Sonnie has a knack for humour. "Sounds like a challenge! You sure you can... stomach It?" The punk gives Sonnie an encouraging smile and begins slipping around the pots and dishes, throwing all kinds of things on her plate. Samosas, seaweed, a slice of pepperoni pizza, some crispy bacon, fried rice and orange chicken all stack on her plate, all the while picking up things that can easily be smacked on."Oh my god, Garlic knots! *OM*"

Heading over to the changelings, she realises Isaac was introducing himself just as she stuffs the first samosa in her mouth with a small moan of happiness. "Eh-i-y," she tries to reply through pastry. "*GULP*... Um, Emily!" She says brightly, offering a hand. Noticing a drop of orange sauce on it, she licks the syrup off and changes plate and hands, offering the non-licked one. She sniffs the air slightly, and looks at his plate. "Oooh, Crab Rangoon!" The werewolf licks her lips, looking back over at the buffet already. A quiet gurgle draws her to the present and she sets the plates down and drop A into the chair, munching on the pizza slice. "Was in the area and kinda just followed my nose, really. You? *OM* oh, An' 'en Onnie ound ee," the Crescent says through another mouthful, jerking her head to the Spring Monkey and wiping the licked hand down the leg of her dungaree skirt. "*ulp* Cool! We're like, friends of friends too! But we got to know each other pretty well after that, and she's super fun." She gives Sonnie a smile before turning her attention fully on her plate and begins digging in enthusiastically.

Om. Om. Nom.

9. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Fried chicken. Hush puppies. Mac and cheese. Tacos. Green beans. Sonnie's plate was piled up to the point of being obscene. She wobbled to a table with the others and set her captured booty down. She didn't speak at first, her mouth stuffed with two spring rolls. She held up a finger, asking the werewolf and wizened to wait, then ran to the soda fountain and poured herself a large glass of some brand name cola. Naturally, a straw was included, because straws are fun!

Now that she was settled at the table, and the spring rolls had vanished down her gullet, Sonja smiled mischievously. "Oh, honey, I was born for this! Watch the master at work!"

What followed was a gluttonous display that might horrify some people. No silverware was used. Napkins were forgotten. Mass quantities were shoveled into her face. She paused, at one point, just to burp, before continuing. Moon might wonder if she was a gristlegrinder (she wasn't), but her speed eating skills were impressive for an amateur.

"I smelled it from down the street," she said, when she stopped to catch her breath, her plate now basically clean, "Kidding! I just saw the sign."

She smiled to Mr. Moon, "Issac? Didn't catch your first name before. Cool! And... oh, crab rangoon. That's for the next plate!"

She sipped some soda through the straw. Fun!

11. Likes Xadun liked this post
    M
    Mr. Moon

"I never really liked Isaac as a name, I don't think it really fits me." Mr. Moon admits. For his part, he is a bit more fastidious about how much he eats and how quickly. He likes cutting things into small bite sized pieces, he likes making the cuts at right angles to sear marks so that the lines are all neatly parallel to the shape of the food, he likes cutting things up evenly, almost like they're a science experiment. It's busywork for the hands and it gives him a great deal of time to ramble around the conversation between neat bites. The gusto with which the ladies attack their plates goes unremarked on, not in a polite 'I'm pretending to not notice' way, but in a 'It doesn't bother me' way. "I wasn't really consulted when they passed it out though, so I mostly just go by my surname."

"This place showed up in a Yelp thing a few days ago," Mr. Moon says in between small, perfect little forkfuls of rice. "And sometimes you have to get out of the house, right? Meet new people? How did you two meet?"

Mr. Moon daubs his lips with a napkin, not that he needs to with the neat little way he's eating.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily takes a second from shoveling rice and chicken in her own face to cast half an eye at Sonnie.

Dayum. Nom.

Well. She almost stops.

Nom.

Emily stares a little, before breaking into a wide grin and the shoveling resumes with gusto.

Well, she's definitely not a wolf, but she sure eats like one!

Though she does use a spoon, Emily manages a similar level of class to her monkey-friend. Chicken is sucked loudly off the bone. Heavily-dressed salad gets flecks of ranch all over. Something crunches loudly. The Werewolf still manages to get orange sauce on her cheeks, finishing shortly after Sonnie's gastrointestinal demolition with one of her own. She lifts the plate to her face and begins licking the the orange sauce off it. "*Shlurrp*... so good..." Blue eye look over the rim of the plate in realization, and she slowly puts the plate down, grinning. The Crescent grabs a napkin and wipes her face, throwing one at Sonnie. "You got cheese on your nose, dummy. And cheeks. And Chin." She sniggers.

"Ehhehe. Jush... thirshty." The little punk pushes out her chair and gets a tall glass of soda, draining it in a single long chug, burping lightly, and before refilling it. She wanders back and leans on her chair, setting the glass down.

"I dunno... I think it fits! But you can be Moon if you like." Calling someone Moon is easier than you know, buddy! Emily nods eagerly. "Meeting new people is great! You can have all kinds of fun!" She pokes her tongue out at Sonnie. "We... well, we have a mutual friend, Circe. She introduced us, and we had a bit of a wild time together! Sonnie's great fun. Good kisser." She winks at Moon, then turns to the Monkey girl. "What you reckon, cutiepants? Round 2? Shrimps? BBQ? Crab Rangoon?" The werewolf licks her lips eagerly.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread