Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
(1905) Bit of Water, Bit of Shade

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    O
    Orion

"They're intact. All but one of my... concierges were suddenly motivated to part ways when I bent a steel bar over my knee to make a point." Orion ran his hand through his hair with a sigh. "Their Ogre disagreed with my request for my car keys, so I cross-checked him down a few flights of stairs with a broomstick. But he's an Ogre. He'll be fine. Probably hit up a White Castle after and ate it off." The gargoyle shrugged, like it wasn't the first time handed out a supernatural cross-checking, or the first time he'd feasted away an injury.

"Needless to say, if there's a Dragonslayer around, I need to have a conversation with them. Those fuckers need the five-oh real bad."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Sounds like a rough spot, but I am glad you made it out safe. No Slayers here, but I will see if I can put the word through some channels that may be willing to pick it up. Until then, the worst you have to worry about here in Sacramento is listening to me drone on about sports, and taking too long to eyes things up in the liquor store.”

Rich took a moment to check his phone, and saw what the time was. Things seemed under control.

”Well, I think this may be where I have to cut and run, unfortunately - unless there is something any of you need in particular? Do you all have a place to stay? If not I can get you a bed for a week or two while you get settled in just give me the word.”

“I would stay longer, but I need to start heading home - just got back from a short trip and am ready for the sight of my own bed.”

It was still bright and sunny, but rest was nice. He would wait to hear if anything was needed and produced a couple of business cards, just a name and number and handed them to each of the new Summers.

”Never hesitate to give me a ring.”

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone shook her head to Richard’s question as she took the offered business card, slipping it into the rear-pocket of her jeans.

”Nope, I’m all good for a bed, thanks. Good to meet you.”

Taking in both Fawkes and Orion, it seemed that comment was meant for them all.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes snorted a laugh at the story, covering his mouth as he pictured The Other Ogre tumbling ass over tea kettle down a flight of stairs. It Richard's announcement of departure a needling anxiety took him by surprise as his eyes darted between the two strangers and back to the King. No Pledge? Seriously? He stared at the glaring surface of the water until his eyes stung while the roaring passed over.

Reality eventually caught up with the irrational fear. He wasn't under any bonds either, nor had been since he had arrived in Sacramento. The idea still made him feel a little sick, but he had to let it go. "Thanks, Sir. See you later."

He gave a small nod at Simone before turning back to the gathering and rolling a shoulder to force the tension to release.

O
    Orion

"Thanks," Orion replied to the King about the whole Dragonslayer situation. The idea of having to listen to sports talk was okay, but until an Oath was made, he probably wouldn't be relaxing any time soon. Fresno had looked nice at the start, too, and that had ended in a five minute major and a game misconduct, hadn't it? "Tell you what, sir. Let's talk about that place when you've got time. I've got a spot to crash for the moment, but it might be nice to not be in a motel." Why not? A paragon of Summer like that guy, as old as he was? He had credibility just from the power of his Mantle as far as Orion was concerned. Accepting the card, he pulled his cell and shot Richard a text with the word 'ORION' so he had his number. "Good to meet you, Your Majesty."

With the serious business concluded, the huge gargoyle peeled off his polo, put his keys and cell phone on the side in his backpack, and slid into the water fully with a satisfied sigh...

"That's what I'm talkin' about..."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Rich gives everyone a goodbye and heads on his way to get home and unpack!

S
    Simone Sangoma

Thinking it was time for her to leave also, Simone stuck her cap back on, preparing herself for the sun's bastard rays. With a nod back to Fawkes, she watched the King head off before glancing to Orion.

"See you around."

And with that, the Darkling skirted around the edge of the party to exit the same way she arrived.

Heading back to the main thread and then escape!

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The mannequin was torn between social obligations or simply calling it a day. As Simone and Richard make a break for it, he waits for a minute or two, before detaching from the ledge with a small wave to Orion.

Fawkes leaves to the main thread

O
    Orion

With a sigh as the group bounced, Orion looked around to see what else was going on...

Wrap this one up! Strong King

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread