Ended
Watch
41 - 48
DISPLAYED
(1905) Summer's Dawn

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    O
    Orion

"Like the hunter," Orion agreed. Simone's request for food was silently echoed in the form of a nod and an interested look, and he actually grins at Abraham's show of grace. That was a lot of chow he was carrying all at once. Once the Fairest got back and asked about him, the big gargoyle replied, "Sure. I'm from Arizona. I'm on the wrong side of forty. I like hockey a lot more than anybody from Arizona should. And cross-fit. I take my coffee double-double. Pina coladas. Getting caught in the rain. I'm an open book, really." The Gargoyle sounded amused, yet open to the question, like, what did the fella want to know about him? The sergeant's intervention elicited a good-natured chuckle, but he didn't speak on.

After all, Fawkes' hand had gripped Rhodes' wrist all of a sudden. Orion peered at the Elemental, assessing his mental state in that instant*. Sure, he was tough to read, the glass keeping it all locked down, but with the crack showing at his mouth?

Thankfully, the Summer King showed up and let it be known what was expected. His welcome earned a nod. "Thank you, sir. It's an honor to meet you." The guy was legitimately swimming in Summer's gifts. Was he some rare competitor? Some brilliant strategist? A person who understood the depths of hate and rage? His request for them to be good was met with a second nod. Food. Water. Drink. Normalcy and a step aside.

That would be good.

Probably very good, given how jumpy the Corporal seemed. With a nod to the glass guy and the Sergeant, Orion set to following the King of Summer.

1 sux to assess Fawkes' emotional state

Moving it over to the new Summer thread.

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 21:17:40 Orion rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy - 2 (Rigid Mask) (10 Again) 5, 7, 9, 7 1 success

Krakenbox

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Orion the Elemental appears to be just reacting to the environment, based off being 'normal' before the other two Lost showed up. He took action his own way, and seemed to come down once Abraham and Richard arrived (likely who he was texting). Reacting to the touch from Rhodes and the thousand yard stare may be some sort of mental illness or panic attack.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(Boost Presence Roll)Glamour 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Welcome Joooooh crud," Circe's smile towards John quickly faded to a frown as the glass soldier cracked. Again.

Circe does almost take a step forward to confront Fawkes save for two factors. John's hand surprises her. He wasn't normally so forward or direct. Second was that Richard beat her to it. So the barely clad Fairest opted for a more verbal approach since the physical one was occupied by the Generale.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-21 06:38:16 Circe rolls 8 to calm down Fawkes (10 Again) 8, 7, 6, 1, 10, 1, 3, 7, 2 2 successes

"Fawkes ya can calm down man, ya ain't got any threats here. Just a lot o' friends right? I mean look at me?" she spreads her arms out while pointing inwards with her index fingers, "I can't get less threatin' without streaking. Or a nun's outfit. Or lots of frilly dresses. And I ain't have none of those options, no matter how much a frill some might get outta me in those styles."

Normalcy was good for calming, and Circe using bad puns was utterly normal. And might get Fawkes to groan in disgust over how bad they were. Either way, snap him out of it was Circe's poor thinking.

And Richard gave out orders. The question is was Fawkes there enough to care or not. "Yeah, yeah Generale we," she points at herself and John, "Can totally help Sera at the grill. Sure everybody would be glad to leaf waitress work ta the one dressed like me. Just ya and Fawkes let me know if either of ya want help."

Circe didn't suggest hugging because in this case it seemed like folly.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone was genuinely surprised at Abraham's helpfulness, even going so far as to fetch some burgers and hotdogs. She would have got them herself, all she wanted was a little direction and acknowledgement it would have been okay to tuck in. Still, it wasn't unpleasant, and she thanked the Fairest.

"Thanks," she said to Abraham as she took a bite out of one of the burgers, savouring the taste, feeling the juices on her chin and wiping them away with her spare hand. As she quickly finished chewing, swallowing the bite, the Darkling managed to finally answer his question.

"I'm a nurse, recently got work over at Mercy General in the ER. Night shifts."

And then, something happened with Corporal Fawkes as the Dread Lord moved away with the guy who had been carrying the jello, and words were exchanged. Simone took another bite of her burger. Possible paranoia?

When the Summer King started speaking, his Mantle flaring, she quickly finished her burger and gave the rest a nod before departing to follow the really tall Ogre.

Joining Richard Price by the pool

A
    Abraham Norton

Aw, the Crimson King ruined his fun and stole away all the new Summer heat just as things were getting interesting! Very well, there will be other opportunities, and for now the knight-errant simply sets the food down on the nearest horizontal space and lets the Spears go. Have their talk.

"Catch you later" He says, smiling "Now, Circe , you told me you aren't a lady. Back in that bar, remember? Now, I pride myself in addressing people the way they want to be addressed, so if anything's changed, then 'lady Circe' you shall be" He doubted it. It was likely a joke or a Wrath-y knee-jerk reaction, and the blue elf seems to be the kind of person that takes 'lady' as an insult.

But his work with the Summers isn't done, is it? As the vise that is Fawkes' hand locks around and releases the wrist of the Autumn King. Abraham looks at the Torrent with genuine concern.

"You stay safe. Have some fun, you've earned it" A reassuring smile is given, as one of the slices from the dessert plate disappears in the Flowering's mouth "You can start with cake. It's delicious"

Don't babysit Elementals. You'll only make things worse.

Abraham returns to the main thread

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

As Circe gets his attention, Fawkes rapid blinks. He wasn't sure why she was drawing attention to her bikini and talking about outfits.

Oh, lack of concealment.

She didn't know about Contracts and Tokens.

Still, it was enough to get him out of the fog. He takes a moment to move away from the remainder of the group to polish off his third cigarette in ten minutes, before trailing behind the new Courtiers.

Fawkes joins the other Summers and King Price by the pool

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    J
    John Doe

With potential disaster averted, John breathed a sigh of relief. He then realized his grip on Circe. He immediately blushed again, "Sorry," he whispered. "Didn't mean to do that. I just didn't want anything bad to happen to you." He smiled awkwardly, with his chrome teeth. "I'll go back to the grill." He then stammers out a request, "Could you keep me company?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She snorts as she looks to Abraham, "Totally did and I stand by it! My nickname is fine. Or Sarge. Once I find a Grif ta hate," jokes still come. Then everyone left and hey it worked on Fawkes. Apparently you could leaf things to Circe.

"Ya know I didn't think that'd work on Fawkes," Circe dryly admits to John Doe. "I'd be happy ta Johnny. Lets get things fired up. Roasting instead of toasting, though I am curious what color I tan." She waves with a hand towards the grill, "Shall we," and offer the other arm for looping.

Circe will leave back for the grill with John Doe
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.