Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes had offered his skills at Oneiromancy once before, and that had been widely received. He hoped to do another, but with Ingrid being illusive it had been hard to get permission to use the Spring Tavern as a focal point. To use it without her notice would just be rude. His own Hollow was a private sanctum – and the Dread Lord was not yet ready to open that to the Freehold at Large. Besides, it really didn't have the space.

And so, the Autumn King had decided to open a forum on something else. Anything else. Occultism for beginners. If nothing else it would find out what talents were lacking – even his own – and what knowledge could and should be sought. With more of the Freehold looking to Hedge Dive, and a continued lack of Fall courtiers to root out such things, it fell to him to come up with new and imaginative ways of spreading and gathering the information these sources gained.

The main room at Ednas had a large blackboard brought in, found hidden away in a room upstairs. Several leather-bound volumes – some decidedly Hedge-looking in appearance –were on the dominating heavy wooden table. One was open in front of him, the cover pulsing slightly.

With assorted teas and coffees ready on a side table, Rhodes leaned non-chalantly on the arm of the throne and sipped his tea, scanning the pictures of assorted Hobs.

This is an Open scene for anyone wanting to discuss magicy-type things: the Hedge, Pledges, Dreams, anything you like. It’s an Occult Q&A to help Rhodes find what is needed, or people need, to buff up their Wyrd skills.

Apologies to Typhuzuzu but as a heads-up, this will likely class as a Freehold event, by perception if not of the Season.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

O
    Orion

Heavy footfalls preceded the coming of a hulking gargoyle, whose mein looked like he had been cut from the side of a mountain. Orion had showed up for the Spring's pool party. There was value in figuring out who was who, and so when he'd heard about the Dread Lord calling together those interested in the occult, the Stonebones had decided to make an appearance. Clad in khaki shorts and a white t-shirt, it was readily apparent that the creature spent plenty of time at a gym. He removed his San Jose Sharks baseball cap respectfully, running a hand through his hair to give it some body after having left it flattened in there for a while.

He knocked on the entryway. You didn't just walk into someone's house as a stranger. It was polite to knock.

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

Rapping on the door and waiting for a reply before entering, X comes draped in a black dark and high backed collar, looking, at least to get eyes more like a Disney villain than anything else.

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The door swings open for the pair to be met with the icy whip of wind of the Autumn King's Mantle. Rhodes himself is smiling easily, and gestures the two of them inside. "Do come in. It's... Orion, Yes? You arrived at Spring's little soiree, I recall. And Exegesis! So good to see you again. What a charming collar! We must talk about commissions sometime soon."

Compared to the Spring Party Rhodes has returned to his usual formality, this time in a fine scarlet shirt, black tie, and black pants. Though there is no jacket, the Flowering is wearing a coat of roiling stormclouds over the shirt instead. It is quite cool within the house, with smattering of Autumn leaves dusting the floor.

"Welcome to the Haunted House," he says, leading them inside. "Each court has a facet of Funderland - Autumn's is merely a little on the nose, as it were." Rhodes waves an arm at the table off drinks, before dropping into the throne at the head of the huge pawn table. "Refreshments are there, as you please. I intend this to be somewhat less structured than I would usually prefer, more to gauge what knowledge is had, what can be understood, and what is of greatest benefit to be imparted soonest. The Leaden Mirror know many things, but also time is precious, and I would not wish to waste yours." He inclines his head slightly, before suddenly slamming a hand down on a peculiarly bound book that had been creeping slowly to the edge of the table. It emits a tiny shriek, then lies still. "My apologies. Some of my collection is from the Hedge, and has a few... eccentricities." The Dread Lord smiles, mindlessly and sinister.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

A
    Abraham Norton

Used to Rhodes' icy Mantle and familiar with Edna's ambience, the knight-errant arrives in his usual attire of long green coat with brass buttons, tawny brown pants and a shirt the color of a cloudless sky. The Autumn Kings likes formal, and if Abraham is to get comfortable in this meeting like he plans to, a gesture is needed.

He slips in behind the two men, one made of stone and one of amber, just as the Ashen Lord finishes introductions.

"King Rhodes" he inclines his head in greeting "Thank you for organizing this. I figured it's a good opportunity to learn some new things, perhaps share a piece of advice or two of my own" He smiles gently "Exegesis" Another nod of greeting.

"And... I don't think we've met?" He eyes the craggy Summer gargoyle "Abraham Norton, of the Antler Crown, at your service" A hand is extended, ready to give a firm handshake.

O
    Orion

The silent Lost that ghosted up to the door next to him not saying anything was a bit strange, but he didn't worry about it. It wasn't the first time. He debated saying anything, but then the door opened and the social awkwardness moved on with the charming Autumn King's welcome. He entered when welcomed, glancing at the handsome Hedgespun the Flowering was rocking. It was impressive stuff, and he found himself wondering if the Dread Lord was an accomplished 'spinner himself or if there was someone else who was putting out that kind of great product. "Yes, sir. It was a nice party," the Summer man replied. Rhodes had effectively introduced Exegesis, and he offered a shake to each. "Exegesis. Pleased to meet you."

And another, this one with a Spring Mantle of middling power, a delicate breeze that mixed with his into something familiar - springtime baseball games, a breeze with a nice smell, with an audience's tension and excitement right before the first pitch was thrown... "No, we haven't. Orion, of Summer." He accepted the Fairest's shake, his huge, stony mitt engulfing the fellow's hand. One pump on the shake, no more.

The King spoke on the nature of the place, on the purpose of the event. Refreshments were offered, and he went to find himself a cup of coffee. The bang of his hand drew the Ogre's sudden attention, his head snapping about before he saw what had happened. There was no cause for immediate concern. The sinister smile on the Autumn King's face was really par for the course with Fall. Once coffee was in hand, he looked to the others, first, allowing them to take lead. He was a stranger. He could wait his turn and let everyone get settled.

M
    Mr. Moon

Twin pools of quicksilver reflect light from a dark hallway like will-o'-the-wisps before Mr. Moon steps out of the darkness, elegant suit and tall hat in the colors of fall, arms crossed over his chest like a corpse in repose clutching a black marbled composition book that has seen use. He tracks all and sundry and takes in their faces and stances and who stands next to who.

"Thank you for hosting this gathering, Dread Lord," his tone of voice eerie in it's normalcy and measured cadence yet coming from behind still, grey flesh and metal teeth. "I am excited to learn and share what I can."

To the others, he introduces himself with a precise nod of the head, his fingers twitching on his journal like spiders who have been suddenly exposed to the light. "I am Mr. Moon, if it is needed. It is good to see others."

Mr. Moon moves over to the drink table and fusses about with some tea, arranging a cup and saucer to his liking and making himself some lemon zinger.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord smiles from his throne. It was good to get the new faces hitting the ground running, not to mention acknowledging himself as a figure of knowledge. The Fairest's ego purred in his chest at the thanks and civility.

"Welcome to you all. So pleasant for you all to be acquainted, and for me to get to know some of you a little better," He nods to Exegesis, Orion, and Moon. "I think it is only Sir Norton that has been here before," he smiles casually at his Kith-mate, "but since the Freehold has lasted here, this place has been the seat of the Autumn Court." The Flowering gestures around. "It is officially the Haunted House of Funderland - now abandoned, but it has been a Boarding house, a place for the Lost, and before that was the place of an actual serial killer early in its history." the Dread Lord pauses for effect, sipping his own coffee.

"Largely I just find such tidbits interesting, but there is a point to this: on the surface, we are changed, but when we look a little deeper, there are a host of secrets for our new lives to be unveiled. At this moment, there are enough people that I do not know what our Freehold does not know. I want to try and ensure a basic understanding through our Freehold. Everyone will not be an expert, but to fill gaps in people's knowledge they feel a need for. The Hedge. Pledges. Dreams. Even simple awareness, such as some so recently addressed, to ensure our safety from those we know would do us great harm if we were found and others great harm if we let them." There was no need for more detail, the threats to the Lost were many.

Rhodes spreads his arms convivially. "The Leaden Mirror are not only the Court of Fear, but one that tries to unpick our magical side and turn those tools on our enemies. It does no good to hoard that knowledge. I want to consider this an open session. What do you all wish to learn, and seek a greater understanding? I will answer what questions I can. Some of you know my passion for Oneiromancy, but I know also of the Wyrd, the Occult, and many things therein. So. What shall we broach first?"

The Dread Lord looks around the room, looking to see what topics will be raised.

9. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    S
    Simone Sangoma

Always keen to discuss anything to do with dreams with anyone willing to listen, Simone had an edge of excitement running through her. Even though the sun was still gracing the skyline, it was nearing the horizon and somewhere in that distant curtain, her goddess waited. Who would it be tonight? Simone wasn't sure, which made the waiting all the more exhilarating. The buzzing was still lingering.

Approaching the boarding house, the Darkling was dressed in a pair of black cargo pants, her dusty feet in the same open toed sandals she wore to the pool party. This time, however, she had opted for a black blouse that was unbuttoned with a green t-shirt underneath with a running cheetah design emblazoned across it. Across her shoulder is a canvas-woven bag containing her basic first aid kit, her keys and purse.

"As dark descends and blinking stars pierce through," Simone mumbles absent-mindedly as she walks onto the porch and knocks politely on the front door, hands clasping behind her. "I close my weary eyes and dream of you...."

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes finishes his smoke, pale porcelain lit by the screen of the phone as he checks the time. He wasn't sure if it just a little too late at this point, but social niceties had never really stayed his hand before. Rhodes hosting an educational block was something the Spear could appreciate.

The Elemental approaches the door and pauses for a beat when he hears the quiet buzz before seeing the Summer woman waiting politely. He carried an office combo of coffee enough for a large group alongside the other additions, and wore a plain black v-neck t-shirt and jeans. He gives a small wave to her,

"Hi. Simone...right?" he says to announce his approach, not looking to startle before locking step next to her.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread