Ended
Watch

Eating the Miles

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    O
    Orion

"Sure did," the Ogre rumbled with a low, brave chuckle, but there was no hiding the emotional disturbance that the topic was causing him right this second. His voice dropped nice and quiet as he explained what happened."Long story short, the party kids caught with their pants down, and we had to screen for them long enough for the spooks to get everyone who didn't get got in the first two nights out. They did good, at least, but nobody smart is gonna stay in that town right now."

S
    Simone Sangoma

A whole Freehold going down like that? At least some got out but still.

"Must be hard. My words may not mean much but at least your here and can help this town."

A few words, perhaps all she could offer. Simone sipped at her coffee as they walked.

"What do you think of this town so far?"

O
    Orion

"Losing a fight is never easy, but it's what you do after that matters," he agreed, sipping on the double-double contemplatively. Plenty had died, but this was a fight that was global in scope. Everywhere there were Lost, this shadow war continued. She was right that there was another town to help. This time, it would be different. Anger simmered at the thought of the loss, his competitive streak burning with desire for a rematch on better terms.

Distraction came in the form of the second question.

"Tough to say. All I've really had the chance to do is meet our clubmates. Perhaps we ought to change that, get out and see other shit... you?"

Speaking of which, we may want to put this in continuity because we're in multiple scenes together. Might make sense for this meeting thread to occur before the Summer Muster and the Fall thread...

S
    Simone Sangoma

"I know this might sound like the worst cliche but losing only makes us stronger," Simone offered, finishing her drink before continuing. "At least, that's what I tell myself. If I didn't make myself stronger, I might as well roll over and say fuck it."

The Darkling's tone was as dry as the earth itself, and bitter to boot. It seemed she was about to answer the Ogre when she spotted the bus heading down the street causing her to glance at her cheap watch.

"Shit! That's my bus," she cursed, throwing the empty cup into a nearby bin, and completely missing. Ignoring it, she held out a dusty, cracked-skinned hand to the Ogre. "I've gotta go but nice meeting you again, Orion. Thanks for bumping into me."

Sarcasm loaded? Check!

Yeah, let's wrap this up

O
    Orion

That was a pretty good attitude, and the Ogre gave an approving grunt, even if she sounded bitter as hell. The bus was coming, and it was time to go. Shaking the offered hand, Orion said, "Have a good shift, Simone."

And with that, the run continued.

Good scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.