Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Vorpal) The Great Destroyer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Steven

In a warehouse in an area known to kindred as "The Barrens" a cube van and three SUV's sit parked. They wait for the arrival of the other half of this deal. Multiple men stand at ready awaiting this night to come to an end. The rain does fall on the outside of the building, and somewhere, blood is being washed into the sewers, along with a couple of bodied being disposed of into a garbage dump by a former gang leader. On a farm, two vehicles merge their contents into one, including a batch of dead bodies needing to be disposed of. This one vehicle, with everything in it now, should be arriving any minute.

A Federal Agent sits in the back seat of a vehicle, with the door open, tapping away various communiques as he waits. Patiently, for now.

Lina Moretti , I'll leave it up to you who you bring with.

L
    Lina Moretti

Wrap it up. Mind the First. The other Kindred, save for Mable Wood, hadn't been seen, hadn't been tagged as part of this. It was better that they stayed unknown, better that their identities remain concealed. She could maintain all sorts of denials to keep them secret, keep them safe.

The van, the blood washed out and the bodies left behind for the Crone to deal with at the Farm, made its way into the area where the Feds awaited their delivery. In the seat was a made-up Moretti, looking older with make-up as she usually did when she was among her contacts and the mortals that actually knew her. It didn't take much. A line here, a shade there; over the Blush of Life and with her enlivened face, she looked ever so mortal.

If there were cameras, she wouldn't show up as a blur on them. The Sheriff knew better.

Entering the warehouse where the meet was to occur with a truckload of their guns, she pulled the vehicle to a stop, threw it into park and slowly stepped out, hands held out where the Feds could see them. Nothing fast. Nothing threatening.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life. -1 WP for appearing on cameras. Lina is made up to look older, as she often is when dealing face to face with her own contacts/allies who have known her a long while.

She is carrying her knife sheathed in her boot beneath her pant leg. Beneath her jacket and shirt, she is wearing her thin Kevlar vest. Cell in pocket, the guns in the trunk.

3 sux on makeup
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-14 01:01:18 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to Dex + Subterfuge + 1 (kit) (10 Again) 1, 8, 1, 6, 8, 8 3 successes

S
    Steven

"Evening Moretti. Looks like you were successful." The Fed says as he walks over to Lina and takes an appraising look at the vehicle she drove in. Everything about him seemed both official, and sleazy at the same time. It is an interesting dichotomy.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Yeah, I found your stuff," she agreed, glancing at him and giving him a shrug, like it wasn't a big deal.

God, this guy was such a douche. Dirty Fed? Legit Fed gone too far? It didn't matter, long as he got the fuck out of Sacramento.

"We good?"

S
    Steven

"NERD!" The Fed calls out, "Count em up." A group of techs scramble out of a van and make their way to Lina's vehicle and begin an inventory.

The Fed then turns to Lina, "This will take a couple minutes Moretti. Gotta make sure your peeps didn't get any ideas."

L
    Lina Moretti

"If they did, let me know. I certainly wouldn't want my finders to be stealing what they were paid to find," the private investigator said with a chuckle. Her hands came down to her side, and she leaned against the van. "That shit's fucked, man. It's good that it isn't on the street."

S
    Steven

After a goodly amount of time and BS small talk, One of the Nerd Squad makes his way out of the cube van and pushes his glasses up, "They are all there sir, all the barcodes all match. Only some ammunition is missing, but it's within parameters."

"Good work Nerd."

The tech pauses, maintaining his calm, "Thank you sir."

"Alright Moretti, that about wraps it up. The United States Government thanks you for your service."

L
    Lina Moretti

The private investigator flashed the Fed a smile. God, he was the skeeviest, but his manner actually was kind of amusing to her, too. Perhaps it was that she too called her nerds, nerds. "Happy to be of help to Uncle Sam. Maybe Uncle Sam wants to do me a teensy thing favor to help me out on a guy I'm trying to find...? Or is that out of the question here?*"

She was a legitimate private investigator, after all. There were people who needed to get found.

1 sux to persuade, if needed!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 11:34:31 Lina Moretti rolls 7 to Manipulation + Persuasion + SL (10 Again) 3, 9, 3, 1, 7, 7, 2 1 success

S
    Steven

"Oh, what's that Moretti? Husband skip out on his wife with his secretary?" The Fed takes a pack of almonds out of his pocket and tosses a couple in his mouth, chewing them obnoxiously.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Something like that," the Sheriff chuckled. What a dick, just sitting there, eating his fucking almonds, but he was also funny in his own way. "More like a business thing that needs some eyes. I've got a name, not sure if it's an alias or what, but it sure would help if I had a one-time favor - off the record, of course."

Wink. She'd mapped to the Fed, knowing his type and replicating it in a likeable way. Reduce the tension, make a connection. The PI could be who she needed to be. It was all part of the job.

"You keep eating those, you're gonna have to throw in some almonds, too."

She grinned playfully.

like me more than you currently do!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 03:10:25 Lina Moretti rolls 7 to Manipulation + Socialize + Social Chameleon + SL (10 Again) 5, 7, 1, 8, 7, 2, 1 1 success

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.