Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Circle Ceremony

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Circe had called for those of the Circle of the Crone - Chorus and Acolytes alike - to meet at her farm immediately after court. "Court went well, our status within the Domain has been elevated by that success, Dirge's fine performance and the announcement of Obsidian having been granted a position of note, and we have a new arrival to our Circle," she explains. "There is much for which to thank the Goddess, and we shall do so as a Circle, with an impromptu service."

Being offered a ride Gahiji, bows, "that would be wonderful, thank you High Priestess." Following Circe to the van, he lets his thoughts take over for the ride, remembering the little things which are important for such an occasion. This is a time to show that I belong here, and a time which I need to be on my best.

The group that rode with Circe passes a walker on the street, she's wearing a familiar leather jacket cut off at the midriff and heavy boots. Lori waves the group on, indicating not to stop.

As Circe's van, driven by Jayant, pulls to a stop in front of the darkened farmhouse, she notes the arrivals of others of the Circle.

A half smile sits on Gahiji's face as they arrive at the compound. He stands hands half in his pockets enjoying the night air and taking in the crowd which has gathered, the members of the Circle.

"I agree, my Hierophant. I believe the Circle has risen substantially in the eys of others in wake of tonight's events. Is there anything I can prepare for the service?" Jayant asks ever helpfully, physically relieved to be away from court.

Circe looks at Jayant and smiles, nodding her approval of him thinking of such matters. "If you can find some bird or small mammal, capture it unharmed and bring it to altar, that will serve as a worthy sacrifice."

<<OOC - Cassandra is willing to take Dirge and any other vampires with her back to the Compound via the car driven by the ghoul>>

It took some effort on Cassandras end, but she managed to rouse Cassie awake to drive them back to the Compound. She turns on her CD player and hums along to "Pale Blue Eyes" by the Velvet Underground.

"That went well. Few hiccups here and there as fools started their pointless dances of death in the eyes of predators..." Cassandra began to mutter quietly as the voices started to whisper again, still distant but ever present. Her hold was slipping again, and she knew it. As soon as they (Or she) arrived she got out and started rubbing her temples while her raven sat perched on her shoulder. Watching everyone and everything.

Dirge rode in silence listening to the music as both Cerberus her rode in the rear seat. Her performance had gone well, but she was disappointed that had not gone better. Perhaps if the embrace as a Nosferatu had not affected her so, and muted her former beauty, she may have done better. I bet if they weren't so pretty it wouldn't have been so well received. She tried not to be jealous, but it was hard. When they arrived she got out of the vehicle with Cerberus and Jayant was waiting there.

"Of course, my Hierophant." Jayant leaves the van and goes to scout the land surrounding the house. Seeing Cassandra and Dirge, he gives a bow. "Ladies."

Dirge smiled meekly, "Oh, hello Naga. Good to hear from you."

"Dirge," Circe says, "You did marvelously tonight, in both of your performances. I would like you to take a more important, and active, role in our worship services, starting tonight. How quick a study are you at learning phrases in tongues in which you are not fluent?"

Dirge dipped her head at the Hierphant's words, "Thank you High Priestess, I'm just glad you approved. Learning phrases in other languages is pretty much most of what I did with the Opera Company. I have become quite skilled at remembering things and once I read or hear something I've pretty much committed it to memory. I read in Braille and am fluent in Italian, although I doubt that will help much unless you need help with Stregheria which is Italian Witchcraft."

Aesop descended from the air vaguely in the form of a bat. His shape was part reptilian part mammal. He looked as if he were in the form of a nightmarish creature that didn't exist in the normal world. He took very little in at court, with his powers off all he was doing was attempting to go unnoticed. Seeing that he didn't really respect the current power structure he could care less what accolades the Crone obtained from them, if he had it his way they'd break from the union, but this was why he could not be leader, his unwillingness not submit to certain concepts of Invictus kindred society was why he had to put his faith in his heriophant so that he didn't over step himself.

When Aesop landed he decided to make another transformation. He transmuted his body to take the form of reptilian skin, tucked in his genitalia, yet left his face and hands untouched simulating clothes to a degree. He walked to the house in a ghastly transformation.

Circe nods to Aesop as he sets down and transforms himself into a strange form, then turns back to Dirge.

"I know a bit about Stregheria," Circe says, in passable (though clearly not completely fluent) Italian, before switching back to her Greek-accented English. "I will welcome an opportunity to discuss the topic with you at length, but tonight I will be teaching you some phrases in Sanskrit. During the ceremony, you will listen for the phrases, then repeat them when I say them. I would like you to play the drums during the ceremony as well. How you play them will be up to you... trust in your skill as a musician and ask the Goddess for guidance if you so wish."

Sean had ridden with Circe and the rest, and on the way he had cracked jokes and tried to make conversation. He was going to loosen up these Acolytes if it killed him.

When Circe comments on Dirge's singing Sean chimes in
    "Yeah, Dirge. That shit was awesome."
    He grins, obviously on a high but whether its from Court or something else is indeterminable.

"I'd like that opertunity to discuss that as well." She paused a bit and added. "I understand High Priestess. It shouldn't be a problem and I'll do my best not to disapoint you."

Due to the compliment Dirge smiled a shyly at Sean, "Thanks I'm glad you liked it. I'm afraid I'm a little rusty though."

Obsidian arrives in her own car. She parks and exits the vehicle, sniffing the fresh air of he farm.

This place is developing symbolic importance to me.

Obsidian seeks out Circe and the other expected guests.

Eventually Lori arrives at the compound and joins the others. Walking over to Sean, Lori says in a quiet voice, "Did you miss me?"

At a lull in conversation, Gahiji speaks to everyone, "For those who I did not meet at the court, I am Gahiji." Giving a slight traditional bow of the head as he finishes. Oh the joys of pleasantries.

Jayant returns with a clucking chicken in hand and smiles upon seeing Lori. As Gahiji introduces himself, Jayant replies by saying, "Welcome to Sacramento, Gahiji," be fore moving towards Circe with the chicken.

"I hope this suffices, Hierophant."

Cassandra's mood picked up as soon as People started to speak. Everything she could normally hear was faint, but still there. "This one is pleased to meet you." She said with a nod. She got more excited as soon as Jayant arrived with the chicken.

Circe smiles at Jayant's choice of sacrificial animal, knowing that he had to have taken it from one of the surrounding farms. "A snake in the henhouse," she thinks to herself while wondering if the farmer will miss the fowl.

"It will do nicely, loyal Naga," she says.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop nods to Ganhiji having seen him in court but not actually speaking to him, though he supposed he still hadn't in the technical sense.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant smiles to Circe with the clucking chicken in hand and waits at the side, ready to begin, giving Aesop a nod upon seeing him. At first he had found the man peculiar but now the Mekhet was starting to understand the Gangrel's tendancies.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Obsidian finds the gathering as Gahiji introduces himself.

"I am called Obsidian. It is a pleasure to see another Acolyte in the mix."

Obsidian looks around at all the members of the Circle of the Crone.

We are doing well for ourselves, here in Sacramento.

Circe takes Dirge inside the farmhouse for a few minutes, runs through her planned service, then teaches her a few phrases in Sanskrit, running through them a few times. Circe praises Dirge's skill at quickly picking up the proper words and cadence.

She then changes into her ceremonial robes, wraps her ghouled rattlesnake around her shoulders, belts on her ceremonial blade, picks up her staff spear and heads outside. She growls, and within less than a minute her ghouled wolf is at her side.

"We go now to the altar," she says. "Naga, please lead."

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant bows in respect, chicken clucking softly from its tucked position under his arm, before walking towards the altar.

T
    The Forsaken

Gahiji smiles at the ceremonial robes, It has been too long, his mind spun as he followed Circe towards the alter.

Circe's wolf falls in behind Jayant, Circe right behind it. On the way to the altar, she issues a loud, hissing snarl, and in short order a mountain lion and two young cubs, still bearing faded spots, stalk from the woods, falling in beside her. Next she hoots and extends the arm in which she holds her staff-spear. In less than a minute, a great horned owl alights on her forearm, eying the rattlesnake warily.

As the members of the Circle walk the winding trail through the woods and down into a ravine, they notice Circe's homunculi jumping from limb to limb or fluttering through the sky. Gahiji, who has never seen Circe's brood before, notices that two of the creatures are hunched creatures, part rodent, part frog, with smooth, slick-looking skin and strong legs, while the other two appear to be chimerae-like, winged beasts, partly furred, partly feathered, a mix of raccoon and raven and rodentlike features. These strange creatures proceed the vampires to the altarstone, alighting on or climbing to tall branches overlooking the sides of the ravine.

With a single Sanskrit syllable, Circe gives Dirge the signal to start playing the drums she carries.

At last the vampires come to the altar, a natural rock outcropping, flat on top, extending from one side of the ravine. The top of the altar is approximately waist height for an average man.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Obsidian finds her position near the altar.

Looking up at the younger homunculi, she reminisces, I was there when they came forth. We are family. She looks around at the other creatures of Circe's brood. Circe's minions are varied and plentiful. I must start working on growing my own circle of 'others'.

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cassandra took her place by the altar as well.

Her eyes wondered, occasionally stopping at each member of the Circle. We grow stronger here, taking root and prospering even under the dark clouds that threaten us all. Another test of the goddess.

But you will vanish under the blacked tides of death-Screaming for your end as flesh turns to ash and marrow rots to sludge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread