Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Fugitive) Magical Containment Unit

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Sacramento was not Atlanta. They were not equipped to handle an unknown disease situation, and Mercy General Hospital was doing the best they could under the circumstances. Surprisingly much of the hospital was open to the public. Reception would point them to one floor or another, but until someone reached a door with a buzzer or keycard they could walk around unobstructed. If you acted like you belonged, people usually assumed you belonged.

One area though was not so easy to access. One whole wing of the hospital on the second floor had been blocked off. Restricted Access. The doorway had one security guard who kept watch of a double door with keycard entry. The only people who would enter or leave where doctors and nurses, but every so often there would be the slightest glimpse of a hazmat suit. A person could only guess what was really going on behind those doors.

Winter Galatea

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Today was a shitty day. That's what the Guardian thought as he witnessed the imagines of his spells falter, one after another, as their forms were peeled away by the Lie. Layer by layer, the illusion woven by the Exarchs was thrust through with the spear of the abyss, until of his work of will only the echoes of High speech remained.
    The Abyss was strong in the area around the hospital, and it was affecting his resolve. At least, that's the self-absolving explanation the Guardian gave himself.
    As he steps though the doors of the Hospital and on his way to the acceptance desk, the inconspicuously dressed man ponders on the details of this mission. No plan survives contact with the enemy. Nevertheless, planning was necessary if you wanted to avoid unnecessary surprises. First evaluate the danger, then assess whether the threat could be neutralized, and given the outcome destroy those unlucky enough to have been irreversibly contaminated by the Abyss. It was an act of mercy.
    He hated hospitals, to him they were a panoply of sad memories and symbols, not merely religious, and he reflexively tightens his fist around the crucifix in his pocket, but of pain in general.
    And then there was the problem of the Arrow. Since they had requested her help, he had decided to conduct himself with a bit of forbearance for her transgressions, just this once. But he realized he was walking through a minefield.

Rolls

Stats

G
    Galatea

Galatea had heard the gist of things. It seemed Winter needed her assistance in curing something- Life would certainly do the job, though she wondered if her Life magic was strong enough- or if such a job could be accomplished by her lonesome.

Today she wore a business-casual dress, and carried a purse. If they were going to a hospital, it seemed fitting. While most of her scientific and medical knowledge was focused on animals, some things would transition.

"Winter. I assume you have a plan?" She would need a more detailed briefing than the string of texts she'd received, and subtlety seemed something up his alley. Unless it was in the shadows stalking prey, her stealthy capabilities were... Likely not as efficient as a member of an order with the word "Veil" in it's title.

Galatea had little issue with hospitals- the only risk was the temptation to heal, but... Well, she was rather numb to such suffering.

Equipment: Copper Mirror, Cell phone, Ink Pen, thick sharpee, college pathology textbook

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He gives the woman a long look before he answers. Did she bypass his layer of occultation? Apparently he had underestimated her. He leads her to a far out corner, there their whispers will be muffled by the chaotic sounds of the crowd occupying the acceptance lobby.
    "First we're going to gather the records", he whispers, "then we're going to check with our own eyes. Our "friends" could have preceded us, so be careful. I could make so that both of us slip by the unnoticed, but it's probably better if we just keep the fireworks to a minimum. Besides, we don't know how the disease could react. Once there, we'll assess whether we can fix it or not and act accordingly".

Stats

G
    Galatea

"I see. How do you wish to go about this, then? I will defer." He may have been a bit of a prick at times, but this was his gig- she was here to heal the disease. If she could help in some way besides that, she would.

"I assume you know my capabilities." She could use Mind well enough, and her capabilities with Life could allow her to impersonate someone.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I was briefed", he says, "but first let's check what's cooking", he cocks his head toward the acceptance desk, they'll need rooms and names.

Stats

M
    Matrixchild

The reception desk was empty, except for a single nurse wearing teal scrubs. Her eyes were trained on a computer screen as she caught the two mages approaching. A smile spread across her face. "Hello, welcome to Mercy General Hospital. How can I help you." They weren't at the emergency room entrance so she assumed their was no need to rush.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Greetings ma'am. We are here for a checkup. From what we have been told, there are some bacteria in the water coming to our building?", the Guardian says, he leans forward over the desk, looking toward the computer.

Stats

G
    Galatea

Galatea simply smiles, offering another input- maybe it'd lend some credibility.

"I work at the (Marine Biology Research Center in SF). If this is as serious as it is, any chance our animals could be affected? We take every measure in maintaining our tanks, but still- if I should start taking more extreme precautions, I'd like to know." It wasn't a lie. She DID work there, and if this magical strain could hurt the animals she was most assuredly going to be concerned. She could always present her credentials if they asked. It wasn't a serious position, but it might assist in matters.

M
    Matrixchild

The woman smiled wide until Winter spoke. "Di-did you say bacteria to 'our' building," she asked, her voice turning ragged quickly. She forced a smile and said, "could you give me just a moment." She picked up the phone, sliding away from the desk slightly. "Dr. Carlson?...Yes...two...high likelihood of exposure." She hung up the phone and turned back towards them. "It'll be just a moment."

It wasn't even five minutes before a doctor stepped through one of the automatic doors, and it looked as if he had just ran all the way to the front. "Hello. I'm Doctor Carlson," he said through gasps of air. "Please, both of you come with me. Don't worry about filling anything out, we'll do that when we get to where we're going." He then waited to see if the two of them would follow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.