Ended
Watch

Of God's Blood and Burial

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    Atticus James

"I met with Alessandra, Tried to get her to give me Florin. She wouldn't do it. I doubt she will ever restore the Ordo Dracul unless we get something over her." Atticus explained. "To be honest, she kept saying she was willing to work with us, she kept saying she didn't mean to punish the whole of the Ordo, but I don't believe her. I tried to explain to her that we are not a bunch of lemmings dancing to tune that Lina plays. I don't think it stuck."

Atticus paused for a moment, remaining calm through this reveal. "Her trust in the Dragon, it might well be shot to hell. And I'm trying to suss out who I blame."

Another length of time went by, and the Fisherman lit another cigarette, "And right now I blame them both, especially..." He let the rest of his words drift out the window with the smoke from his cigarette.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper listens silently, trying to get into the head space of another that had been in Sacramento twice as long and trusted the Prince. For him the development was vexing, but not a shock to the system like the rest of them that had established a routine.

"So, just to put you in the loop," he paused, "Sorry: going to politic at you for a minute. Getting something over Alessandra is moot? She ignored the prestation. I have given the Harpy a month to fix that. What we do have over her, is the fact that Lina Moretti has held the foundations of her Praxis as an effective Sheriff. This frustrates the Daeva, because all her time and effort is being thrown out the window for...what? Asking Rebecca Simmons a question in a dramatic manner?" he snorted, "Everyone talked. Me first, in fact, because she disgusted me. Dressing it up as anything else is naive. Alessandra praised it when it was targeted at Mable Wood and not in association with her Court officers."

Prosper shrugged a shoulder. He was talking to much again, but whatever, Atticus can sing a tune in his head while he parsed this shit out. "Armchair psychologist tells me that Alessandra has social anxiety. She freezes whenever she has to smooth an issue, and fires without thinking when time runs out. That is not...unusual for Gangrel. We are not known for accommodating large social structures and complicated pecking orders," he cocks his head as he thinks, "So now I ask how she became Prince in the first place. She told me she was Priscus once, but it did not mean anything to her. She was one of those loners before Asa's Praxis. I see she attaches herself as the Domain being her pack now, and snaps when there are ripples of disapproval. Does she fear going back to that isolation?" he wondered out loud.

"Is this yet another office held, simply because no one was better at the time? Now that the dynamic has been shuffled the weaknesses show, and vampires do not know how to adapt. What else would the Dragons do for her at this juncture? Beg? She does not respect that,"
    he snorts.

A
    Atticus James

"This whole situation is a mess, all because of the arrogance of stupid people." Atticus didn't know who Asa was, probably the prince before Alessandra. "If she attaches herself as the domain being her pack, then she shouldn't be kicking half the domain in the guts every time they whisper something she doesn't like."

Part of Atticus still had hope for Alessandra. He liked her, she was pretty alright when he made it to Sacramento.

"My concern right now is she orders the Dragons out of Sacramento. Or orders a purge. Sends the Archon after us. Hell, I ain't sure where anyone else would line up. Krieg's people would probably have our back, but what about the rest? If this keeps progressing, their will be bloodshed, foshore."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett's gaze flicks from the road to his hands on the wheel at the mention of war. With the Blush his features took on a sickly grey hue once the words were in the air and very real. His discussion with the Harpy danced around something of that nature.

"That is just it: we have not done anything to warrant such a thing. Unless the Prince is murderous to that extent?" his voice cracked a bit, unsure. He kept hearing how this was new behaviour, but he also kept hearing from those like Mable and Lina about how Sacramento never had to deal with disagreements in Court that reflected on the organization of the Praxis.

Conflict resolution had never been tested aside from invading forces that brought everyone together and created the sense of community in the first place. Hence the fear, hence the aggression. Prosper didn't like when leaders had power over life or death, and their laws were dictated by those who never questioned it. It just took the dissidents to quietly start disappearing, or a scapegoat to solidify trust through fear. It made him lapse into survival instincts; decorum evaporated when the Savage felt trapped.

"I do not know the Archon whatsoever. I do not think I have said anything to her besides a formal acknowledgement when she appeared on the periphery. What I do know is that Rebecca Simmons has paid me a Major Boon to work with her and deescalate things. She thought it was just eyes in the Court, but she is rapidly finding herself the way point. Sure, she has the tactical approach of a snake, but Alessandra likes her so who gives a shit," he shrugged, jaw set.

"I also have obtained a Major Boon off the Lance, and loyalty to some extent. Mable and I are coming to some kind of accord; she is starting to get that I had no issue with her beyond her ability to manage politics as Clan representative. Easy going lady. As long as you do not fuck with her territory. Oh, by the way: congratulations. For your service to the Domain I grant you Tenancy. Madcap will be sharing the same benefits."

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just tips his hat to the Priscus, "Well thank you Priscus. Ain't you sweet always getting me the nicest things." Atticus thought for a couple seconds before looking out the window and then back to Garrett. The Archon, In what other city is the Prince's bodyguard and ax swinger treated like a god... he had never seen the like. With fear, absolutely, but here, it's like she is Cain reborn.

"So, let's take this to it's furthest conclusion then. We started on one end, let's go all the way to the other. Who takes the throne? Lina? You? Idiots tend to think that it's keep what you kill in kindred land, but that ain't reality. I know you ain't an idiot, so help a brother out."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Worst case scenario is often how those used to mulling disasters approached things. At Atticus' mention of him taking Praxis, joke or not, he snorts a laugh, slowing down so the sudden humour of it didn't cause an accident.

"Lina is where she wants to be. I think her being Prince would just distract from the Great Work, because then we are just running a Domain. I believed her when she mentioned as much. She is a zealot, but it is best not to wave temptation under a Succubus' nose lest she get it in her head that she needs to prove Kindred wrong. If she did, she would just tell everyone to fuck off and be smart; and thus be stretched thin when that does not work. She would not stay head of the Covenant, and that takes precedent for her. As Sable she would do it if literally everything was on fire and our survival demanded it. If I took it, the line for Monomacy would wrap out the door," he laughed at the last thought.

"I would have to refocus my blood again and get all murderous and flashy...flashier. Then what would be the point of Topor," he frowned, "Would not spell any advancement in things that matter to me." That, and the insanity. However, Atticus didn't need to know how controlling Taifa became with their packs. He would have to be Confessor or something of that nature, barring he lived for more than a month when his weak state signalled the blood in the water. Doable, but he either needed some kind of intense supportive powerbase or rake the whole Domain for Boons. He shook his head.

"The Judex is not Prince for a reason. Vivian York is capable but...is preoccupied the word? She does not have the eye for the viciousness of it, and is in the camp of praying Kindred can be Kine if they pretend hard enough." He was stumped. Lots of intelligent and powerful Kindred but none of them had the leadership ability the title entailed.

"We could contact someone with the resume. Kindred always want power. I gave the Harpy until the end of June before I started that game of telephone." He wouldn't be the one making that call, he had other players in the Game in mind.

A
    Atticus James

"She is where she is because I put her there." Atticus states flatly, he nominated her even after her shit show, he made sure that others backed her, "but I agree. The chair doesn't suit her. As for the rest, well, None of them know what I know. I've looked deeper into the beast then anyone here, gone down the well of terror, and it's not what those fools think it is. Ya can't pretend it aint by looking pretty. We should probably look outside, but first we need to discuss things within."

Atticus just realized something, he sat on the thought for a moment. "You say advancement in things that matter to you. What does matter to you Garrett? You say I been playing the ghost game, well you been dancing on the razor's edge. Sometimes you strike me as the guy who wants to watch the world burn." And sometimes Atticus could get behind that, easy way to light a smoke when the fire is all around you...

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"If you are feeling like your efforts are not being acknowledged or respected, then shit dude, sorry about that," Prosper snorted. "I do not know much about what you have been doing, I just keep hearing the Moretti legend. If I was looking down my nose and thought you were a waste of my time or a stepping stone, I would not have interrupted your studying. The fact of the matter is that you have gotten further than I ever have," he laughs.

"There is no bonus incentive; you made it pretty clear to me you do not feel any allegiance to a Clan or see any merit in Domain political accomplishments. So I understand I am about as impressive as dirt in this dynamic," the Savage's humour evaporates with a flat tone, "Look at all the fucks I give."

His eyes pinned as he flicked his gaze back to Atticus, "I care about evolution. The fact that there is an entire organization devoted to such pursuits suits me just fine. And yes, I do get a specific thrill out of cutting at those in power sitting on their laurels or abusing their positions. I am not subtle. What about you, Scribe? Do you have something more profound?"

A
    Atticus James

"The amount of care you have is similar to me, just depends on the subject matter."

This conversation was all over the place. "I can't blame you for wanting to take the legs out from underneath the power base of this city. My concern is that your cutting will end up costing the dragon. But at the same time, it makes me smile."

Atticus thought for a second, letting the question linger. Does he have something more profound then evolution. "Survival. It's not more profound, not by a long shot. But it's what I got." Atticus knew he would need to expand on that, and perhaps it was time to try, "You know your sire, yeah?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Seemed Atticus was switching gears and not in the mindset of grilling his behaviour. At his answer, Prosper just nods. Fair enough. The concept wasn't alien when it came to most Kindred, and not isolated to their Clan's stereotypes. It certainly made things more straight forward. His hands grip the wheel at the question,

"Yes. Why?"

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.