Ended
Watch

Of God's Blood and Burial

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus wondered how he can make this work.

"I don't." Atticus says simply. "I had my Mentor's coterie, and then the road. Before the Requiem, trust was earned, but kine are one, maybe two dimensional. With Kindred, everyone is playing four of five dimensional chess. It's not like I can be like, yo, do you trust me or yo, can I trust you? Boons are a thing, but it's like buying something. Buying trust... I guess..."

Atticus rolled down the window and tossed the cigarette.

"My interactions with other Covenants was limited. Training but limited real world experience other then being an enforcer."

Atticus was having trouble remembering everything that was talked about before, but the conversation seemed to be going in the direction that would be necessary.

"Invictus courts are rough. This one is weird, it doesn't feel like previous ones I have been in."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper shrugged. "All right, so what we have to work with is we are both sharing a Haven and are part of the same covenant. Strong start, as you mentioned. Um," he hadn't considered buying trust as alien. "Maybe I have been at this too long," he laughs at himself, "Right. Normal things."

He turns his head briefly to look at Atticus, "So what is normal for you? What earns your trust? I am asking because it seems like you are needing a bit of give, not a long term manipulation to trick you into doing something stupid on my behalf. That is what Boons are for," he grins.

His expression shifts to something that wouldn't constitute as disrespectful to the Gangrel's anxiety, "Is this something with a tight time limit?"

A
    Atticus James

"Naw, there is no timeline," Atticus says as he thinks about a better way to broach this subject. "You know the guy I trusted the most. The guy who stood next to me on a crab boat. You ever seen crab boats in Alaska in the winter. It gets dangerous up there man. People go over the side, boats sink, people die. If you can't trust the guys on your deck, then you need to find a new deck. I trusted those guys more then the guys in my unit when I was in the military. You serve at all?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Fishing? Now that was interesting. He had heard about it here and there but couldn't really grasp the full scope of the environment Atticus came from. He blinked a couple of times at the question, still a little confused: same covenant, same clan. But Atticus hadn't seen him work yet.

Ah.

"Mnh. Not Kine military, if that is what you mean- I mean- We got our hands on some guns and picked a few off but-" his eyes glaze for a moment as he lapses, "No. Never mind. I did with the Palatine Rite, though. Not Axe Sworn obviously, but we were all kind of in the shit at the time."

A
    Atticus James

Atticus couldn't lie, he had no idea what the Palatine Rite was, but Atticus may have caught something interesting there...

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-30 21:42:11 Atticus James rolls 7 to Wits + Empathy + Spec (10 Again) 5, 2, 8, 2, 2, 3, 3 1 success

"What do you mean, in it?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper's noticeably agitated with the topic, and unfocused when he dipped into some details.

"Like...territorial disputes? Wyrm Nests were banned in most Domains, and we were in open war with the Circle. No one was really above manipulating armed forces to blitz each other," he said carefully, frowning as he drove.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus heard what he needed to in that last response, he fought a war, he's seen actual combat, "That must have been rough. The Crone don't mess around when they have strong leadership. They are fanatical. At least, that's what my mentor has told me. You made it through okay? I guess as well as to be expected. You had to have a crew you could rely on in order to get through that, yes?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett simply nods. "Lone wolves do not last long," he said dryly as he kept his pinned eyes ahead.

A
    Atticus James

"So, you wanna partner up?" Atticus asked, getting to the point of the matter finally. It was a hard question to ask for Atticus, part of him felt like the mentor to Garrett, and part of him felt like the servant. It was a weird dichotomy that Atticus was having trouble wrapping his mind around. In addition to this, their was Lina. Atticus trust in Lina waxed and waned. When it came to Ordo business, he trusted her explicitly. When it came to her judgement of Ordo business overlapping with other pursuits, it concerns the Scribe of Terror.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper cocked an eyebrow, "Just trying to suss out what you are asking. A coterie?" He had declared Madcap was his go-to for the field. It was the only thing that he could logically guess at.

"What specific goals are you trying to accomplish?" he asked, smiling curiously. It seemed to be the better tactic to just let the man talk and get over whatever anxiety was blocking the trickle of information. "You said we have time. I am still trying to understand what has you so on edge lately. You have been a ghost, and this," he gestures vaguely, "Feels out of nowhere. Did something happen on the down low that has you side eyeing the covenant? Or has this always been a thing?" Even with the addition of Madcap, he had always felt like a bit of a foreign presence in the Chapter, like he was being treated with tongs.

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-03 20:23:31 Garrett Prosper rolls 8 to "relax dude" (Presence + Persuasion) (10 Again) 4, 9, 5, 8, 9, 4, 8, 10, 8 6 successes

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.