Watch

Of God's Blood and Burial

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    Atticus James

"Did I say that?" Atticus said with blunt force. "Naw, I didn't."

Atticus held off for a moment. Garrett can tell that part of the Apathetic Gangrel wants to put Prosper's head into the wall, the other part wants to just completely let go.

"I saw my future man... I saw it..." Atticus took a deep unnecessary breath, looking up to see, yep, damn smoke detector.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper crossed his arms, "What? With the Change? Or Blackbird?" he frowns. He track's Atticus' gaze and nods towards the door, a little uncomfortable himself in the small space, "We can go somewhere else if you want." The books weren't going anywhere, at least. Unless he was purposefully wanting to bury himself in the work.

A
    Atticus James

"Yeah, let's get outta here." Atticus says, grabs his stuff and makes his way toward the steps. "You drive?" Atticus asks as he hits the button on the elevator.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The smaller Savage follows behind, leaving his own pile without much thought and handing things to Atticus rather than just standing there.

"If you are okay with the same one as before," Garrett responded with a half shrug. Sighing as the floor pinged and remaining by the door to slip out as soon as they were released.

The metallic vehicle was parked further away from the building and on the street with one of those updated meters that allowed the owner to renew as the hours rolled over. "I do not care if you smoke," he says, leaning to let him in once Atticus has his load sorted. He wasn't really interested in waiting for the other to burn through the unlit cigarette in awkward silence.

He drums his hands on the wheel at cocks his head at the Scribe, "Any preference?"

A
    Atticus James

"The Chapter House, or we can just drive, I don't care," Atticus' voice carries it's normal tone and tension, not really giving away much more than necessary. "You know you and I have something in common," Atticus reveals as he lights his cigarette and cracks the window.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Not looking to make much of a fuss, are you?" he says with some mirth, if a bit forced. He never elaborated on what future he saw, but he would give him a chance to bring it up again once the tension read from the study eased off his nerves.

The Gangrel drives in the general direction of their Not-Regency, aiming for a back street where he could carry some consistent speed without interruption. He fiddles with his phone to silent it properly before putting it away, gaze briefly flicking to his cousin as he automatically tracks the source of flame. Old habits, Coil or not.

"Oh shit, you are a Dragon Savage too?" he says reflexively to the comment, before biting his tongue. "Dumb of me. Continue."

what's wrong with ya boi Atticus?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-23 00:14:05 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to watch for more body language ques to add context (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 10, 9, 1, 8, 8, 8, 5 5 successes

A
    Atticus James

Atticus let out a quick chuckle and then Flipped off Garrett.

"Naw, ya cheeky punk, we are stereotyped like crazy. People think your a ponce. They look at me, and think I'm a thug. It's funny that."

Atticus looked tense. He is trying to hold back, but he didn't want too. His fingers gripped his cigarette so tightly that the filter begins to bow inward like a coke bottle. He wasn't sitting back in the chair, his back in hunched, coiled, tense sprint waiting to be sprung.

"I'mma ask you a question, that's gonna come back to stab me probably." Poetic... "Your loyalty. Is it to the Dragon or to Moretti?" Atticus' tone says that the answer to this question was going to decide the route of the rest of their conversation.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The vampire's attention swapped back from reading the Savage to traffic. His eye actually twitched.
    "That is a loaded question," he said flatly as he exhaled, relaxing his grip on the wheel. What was he going to get? Another speech on rank and file, which Sworn comes first? Their politics got just as stupid as the First Estate sometimes, pettier even.

"I have been here..." he checks the date on the satellite radio, "five months. That is a laughably short amount of time. The Grand Wyrm has done a lot for the Chapter House in this short amount of time. Both of you are Sworn. I am here to help the Great Work and serve under the more enlightened. So what is your question, really? Because last time I was queried on Clan or covenant first and this is starting to get old. I am not a spy from another Rite or Chapter looking to steal Moretti's research. Quick as she has been advancing. What else are you people requiring from me to prove that?"

A
    Atticus James

"Naw man, you don't get it. I am not looking to make sure you are hugging on Moretti and holding her up like some kinda small g god. I ask cause I need to know..." Atticus stops, he knew that his point wasn't being made, and couldn't be made unless he just released it all. Atticus wasn't normally a terrified man, he wasn't normally scared. "Look, I want to trust you. I do. I'm asking because, for me, there has only ever been the Ordo Dracul. I didn't get a choice. It was congrats you're a kindred and then congrats you're a slave. And I am good with it. I am." Atticus took a drag off his smoke, "I am just trying to understand your perspective..." To know.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Kindred had a hard time buying things at face value. Atticus fancies himself apolitical but the Gangrel wasn't stupid. An applicant for the Axe has grilled him twice on where his priorities lay, alongside Dirt Nap more comfortable throwing his lot in with the Circle than the foreigner. It was a massive red flag. Did another Chapter call Prestation? Did a haunt from his past decide to pull triggers? To what end? He didn't have a shred of power and it stayed that way.

He shook his head. It was impossible to track all the threads once he expanded dynamics beyond the Philadelphia Rite. Sacramento was supposed to be nowhere.

"How do you usually do this? I offer Boons but I have had a few reject them. I take it as an insult that my word is useless, and watch them wheel to explain it is a sign of comraderie." Swapping Prestation for silence wasn't being requested. Did he really just need some empathetic allowances?

"My perspective with Lina Moretti or being a follower of Dracula? My situation was not exactly...different? I do not know where you come from, but I did not even know there were other political factions until we broke ground on a bunker that was directing Allied forces into our territory. My first encounter with another faction involved shells. The second was being dragged to an Invictus Court to negotiate passage with a ceasefire."

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.