Ended
Watch

Of God's Blood and Burial

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    A
    Atticus James

"That's the question ain't it Garrett. Cause I don't know, one of the things I am trying to figure out," Atticus takes the clipping back, folds it and slides it back into this notebook. "What were you looking for that had you strolling around?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper tilts his head, "I did not know it was that blurred to know when you are making an active choice to change, or indulge some kind of compulsion."

At the question, the Savage seems to just remember the books, taking another second to think on it, "Oh, right. Nothing very intellectual, just comparing what has stayed in circulation and what is shifting. For anything more detailed than that is more distraction at this point." And required an archivist, or a professional.

He taps his hands along the the top of his folded legs, "Besides work. How have things been?" He had noted the shift towards apathy doing deeper than just Clan talk.

A
    Atticus James

"People lie to themselves just as easy as they lie to others," Atticus says as he spins the cigarette in his hand. "I justified my actions. Just trying to figure out if the justification was a lie or not. Kinda hard to tell, given our condition."

As Garrett went on to explain his reasoning for being in the library Atticus just nods. "Depends on the library really. You'd be surprised what you can find in some of the older libraries in town."

Then he asks the question... How have things been? Really? Atticus pauses for a moment. "Why?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper looks to the ceiling for a moment, "Ah. Right, Dirt Nap was going on about something like that too. I always found our specific motivations pretty straight forward? It is getting back into the head space of the living that has been a bitch of a time. I did not realize how out of touch I was until I could barely stand feeling a heartbeat again for more than a few minutes. It actually disturbed me," he chuckled. "Elettra wants Terror so she will not attack Kine again. It is wonderfully simple, I suppose. Trying to...connect to that so I can properly convey Change to her is one of my goals," he admits with a shrug, eyes flicking to the books.

He simply nods at the mention of libraries being surprising, clearly distracted with a thought.

"Why? I assumed that was a basic way to frame a question of support," he cocks his head, "Do you think I would waste my time pretending?"

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just tilted his head, similar to a dog being shown a card trick. Yeah the library is quit tonight, but they are still in a public place. "Yo, you forget where we are at." Atticus whispers, not a question statement, a shut up kinda statement.

"You say some of the wackiest stuff when your drunk."

Atticus, "Yeah, with all the meditation work we have done, the fact that I still don't know what's me and what is the switch being flipped. It is insanely frustrating."

"Let's go somewhere private." Atticus stands and makes his way over to one of the private rooms. They are pretty well soundproof so people can practice or study all sorts of things without disturbing students studying quietly.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper snorts at the response, leaving the pile of books in a moment of absence to follow. The halls had been empty when he had run into the Savage, and he would have heard footsteps at some point, but it had been stupid to run his mouth.

The room was more cramped than he would have liked and hovers by the door as he waits for Atticus to continue, absently picking at a snag in his shirt.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus sets down his notebooks, "I have no idea what your capable of Garrett. I trust you because we are dragons. I don't trust you because we are kindred. It's a hard balance to find. If I poured out my life story, I don't know what would be ammunition in the gun that's to my head."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Posper cocked his head, looking more surprised than anything, "Life story? I was not requesting anything like that. I have not been here long, so I make it my business to see where the boundaries are while I am still strange an insignificant. What I noted with you specifically was a marked shift from being present, but ambivalent to who was calling the shots as long as they were not incompetent. Then Blackbird died. Then you dropped all involvement that was not demanded of you beyond the oath to your covenant. You are becoming Sworn to the Axe, so that line is just going to get blurrier. I can keep tossing liquor at you and ignore what I observe if me sniffing around bothers you." He shrugs with a slight frown.

"I, personally, would be alarmed if you were not cautious. My social picking has not been subtle. Different motivations than the Court expects, however." He scratches behind his ear, trying to slow down the trickle of information. Everyone's preference of keeping it short wasn't sinking in and now he was getting embarrassed by it.

A
    Atticus James

"You're far from Insignificant their boyo," Atticus says as he leans against the table.

"So, your asking what changed? What's driving the change in how I handle my business, that it?" Atticus scoffed, "No matter how much liquor you chug we both know you are not going to ignore anything. Your eyes and ears are always open Garrett, no matter how much you pretend they ain't."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 20:54:13 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to gauge whether the continuation of this topic is going to drive Atticus off (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 1, 9, 5 1 success

"I ask because it is more respectful than just projecting guesses onto someone I do not know," Garrett says flatly, "I was also asking if you want me just to fuck off." He stiffens at the alcohol comment reflexively, leaning against the wall to relax his posture.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.