Ended
Watch

(1905) When Ellis Met Adam

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Indeed." Adam bows at the arriving Kindred's introduction. "I am 'Atawm min Almaktaba. You may call me Adam. Do feel free to join me." Adam opens his hand and gestures to a nearby chair.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, Mister Exlibrist." Ellis smiles, the corners of his eyes crinkling in apparently genuine pleasure. "It's good to to put a name to the face."

Ellis takes the offered seat. As Adam seems content to sit in silence watching others mingling and going about their evenings, Ellis follows the man's gaze to see if he can piece together his motives for showing up tonight. Does the man wish to be seen? Pitied? Respected? Is he watching someone for whom his vitae runs hot? An enemy? Allies within the court? Those he might consider friends?

Ellis is attempting to Guage why Adam is at Court this evening with 2 successes on a Wits + Empathy roll. Contestable with Wits + Subterfuge, if you wish

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-06 22:05:03 Ellis Meadows rolls 6 to Why are you at Court Adam? Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 10, 3, 4, 4, 9, 2, 3 2 successes

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

The Shadow approaches Ellis and Adam, perhaps with an appearance of reluctance in his twisted expression.

"Forgive my intrusion, cousin. And you, Mr. Meadows. You...caught my off guard, I'm afraid. I apologize for my rudeness. My name is Derek Mitnick, Clan Mekhet." He looks between the gentlemen, seemingly embarrassed as his hands work themselves over each wrist anxiously.

"Mr. Exlibrist, I had hoped to see you tonight. I must offer you my apologies as well for my rudeness over the phone some nights ago. I was very...agitated, and after speaking with Mr...um, Jack, I realized how unfair I had been. You've suffered enough, at least as far as I am concerned. I simply wish to offer you my well-wishes in the coming nights ahead."

Derek seems ready to turn and retreat after having unloaded his cargo, but lingers for a response, rather than compound his impolite behavior.

4. Likes Domino liked this post
    A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam's cold demeanor is a impenetrable wall of stoicism.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-06 22:25:49 Adam Exlibrist rolls 5 to Mask his Motives (Wits + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 2, 3, 10, 9, 5, 8 3 successes

"Knowing the face of the pieces on the board is commendable." Adam clasps his hands together as Derek arrives.

"Noted cousin. Please, unless you have other business to attend, stay." Adam gestures to another seat. "It would appear Mr. Meadows here intended to greet you. As you are both here, no need to put that off any longer."

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's just gossip, Mr. Exlibrist." Ellis said with a smile. "You make it sound so clinical and bloodless."

Ellis wasn't worried. He had time.

Ellis maintains his easy smile as the anxious Derek approaches and makes his apologies. "Of course Mr. Mitnick. I understand how stressful it can be, meeting new Kindred, dealing with the difficulties thereof. We were born social creatures and now we're driven to be solitary by the paradox of our existence." What vampire did not understand that? There would always be the temptation to hold yourself apart from the crowd, to tell yourself that you were different (and thus somehow better) than the rest of them. As if we all didn't eat people. "And so many seem to be walking on eggshells after the last formal gathering, I think it takes a certain amount of courage to show up and seek others out as you have. In the spirit of Keeper Wood's recent appointment, perhaps a mulligan is in order?"

Ellis stands and extends a hand once again to Derek. I won't bite, his smile says. "Ellis Meadows, Clan Daeva, First Estate. If you'd care to, please join us. I'm interested in knowing how long you've both been a part of Her Majesty's Domain, and what you think of Sacramento. I'm given to understand it's very welcoming as Domains go."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

The timid Shadow hesitates, torn between remaining and fleeing the awkwardness after his apology. Yet it seems like his slight is mere water under the bridge for both parties. "Mm, very well then," he says, accepting the offer.

Before sitting, he tentatively accepts the handshake. Somehow he isn't surprised by the claimed Clan and Covenant. "Yes, the, uh, last gathering had quite a bit of tension. I believe I recall your presence as things reached their peak. But the Kindred here are nothing if not welcoming, as you've said. I've only been here since the start of the year. It seems I arrived with several others seeking out the Prince Alessandra's territory. The city is...well, it's a substantial population with many interesting sights, though I tend to remain indoors more often than not."

He looks over to Adam. "And you, cousin? How have your nights been going?"

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam watched the exchange between Ellis and Derek. He could sense Derek's timidity, very unlike the person he spoke with on the phone, and more like the person he previously knew to be Derek. Did he suffer from a split psyche?

"My nights have been a test of faith. But isn't that what Mr. Krieg and the Crone often say. 'No enlightenment without tribulation.' Or something along those lines."

Facing Ellis to answer his question, "I have resided here for nearly as long as Mr. Menzies. I came to... 'Prince' Alessandra's Domain on an errand. That business concluded I have opted to remain." Adam steals a glance across the room at the mention of the Prince and returns his focus back to the guests at his table.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh yes, while I'd have preferred the evening to have been quieter," There were standards, of dress, of behavior, of tone, to maintain at Elysum after all. "I can't help but admit that it cast everyone who could behave appropriately in a better light, at least from my perspective."

"Any sights you'd care to recommend, Mr. Mitnick?" Ellis asks, conversationally, before returning to the other half of the conversation.

"I've heard Hierophant Krieg mention a saying that sounds something like that, yes. 'Tribulation brings enlightenment', I believe?" He had a good memory for off-hand comments and sayings. "It sounds churchy, so I can only assume that it's an Acolyte thing. I am given to understand Hierophant Krieg has been providing you with some aid in his capacity as the Regent of Citrus Heights? How goes the re-establishment of the church outside of Florin?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"I too have heard the phrase. It seems a universal concept. And there has been much tribulation to go around. I trust it will bring with it proportional wisdom," Derek says, mostly to Adam as he turns to regard him.

To Ellis he answers, "Yes, I too would have preferred the quiet. But some require greater, uh, stimulus I suppose. I can't say I have any recommendations, Mr. Meadows. Though the Tower Bridge and the historic district have an appealing aesthetic. And what brings you to the Prince's Domain? Reputation of its strong and stable ruler? Or some business on behalf of the First Estate?"

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"The rebuilding has encountered opposition. The universe however exists in balance. What one Regent discards, another treasures. The Sanctum is an old Covenant and a valuable ally. The traditions of our society are founded upon the Cannons of the Church. Regent Krieg knows this and is wise for assisting us in our time of need. The Church never forgets to thank those that fill its coffers."

Adam's answer given, he studies the two kindred before him converse.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.